Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Basement Kahuna -New Maori Bone Pendant 3/04

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1,150 replies

P

I think the one on Ebay might be a Ceremonial or Dance club. It looks to thin at the bottom of the head to be used for battle

Here's a recenttly completed U'U for Aikman ... This Mai's for you!

J

uhh, thats just intense. stellar job.

beautiful work on the club, bk! i got my marquesan pendant and couldn't be happier! mahalo brah!

T

Very nice piece. The Marquesan stuff is the best.

SNAP!...TthunkK!

Yeowth BthKth...AawwW thit I drothd ny YAW!...Nat U'U ith dudeithul!!!

Carethul dun nobothy steth on ny yaw!

I dunno? maythdee BthKth carth thuthin nice thith it???

..."DUDEITHUL!"

Flip-fl0p-fLipPp....

Here's some new bits from the Isle Of Kahuna in the past two days..Marquesan railposts.. These are around 40 inches high, in an identical design ( and typical "Me"!) and can be used with a rope as an entrance barrier or used with a bamboo railing inserted through the side or just all by their lonesome!. Carved all around.. Have 4 of these.. a fun thing to keep in big tiki fighting weight! I'll probably just bring them to Hukilau..

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna 2006-05-26 09:39 ]

Love em Basement....yea you look a little sleepy...getting into the Pimento or Rumona?
Nice carvings...i imagine doing identical pieces is pretty challenging...like the rope on
the bottom.

With 4 of them you could Rope off some sort of fighting Ring at Hukilau, Give em some clubs and let them go at it. As always Excellent work!

Here we go... BK is back in the game! :)

Nice work buddah!

P

dude, lay off on the ganj. i know a program i can get you in.

G
GMAN posted on Sat, May 20, 2006 4:10 AM

Yeah, looks like you've been chillin' with the chronic BK? That sticky-bud will make you eat Cheetos and get all fat and lazy. We don't have time for lazy 'round here! We want to see more BK wood carvings. I love the rail posts! Excellent stuff! What wood did you use?

-Gman

Nice stuff as usual. What is underneath the rop portion of the tiki? Is it just the raw log with rope wrapped around it? What type of rope is it and how was it attached? Feel free to answer after you get some sleep!

Thanks all...I think sleep was the order of the day for me..Obayli-the bottom portion has a finish on it to seal it up, and the manila rope added for that old "port of call" look..I made these specifically to look like old weathered Tiki dockposts recycled to hold rails or ropes. Attatched with my handy 1 1/2 inch brad nailer. Good for life.

One Marquesan for Jungletrader...('Ragin, you're getting carved right now!)

wonderful work now get that boy a haircut. Do hooknives and chisels give good haircuts.

BK, as long as you're carving Marquesans like that, (mine and the rails), I don't care if you looked like Hunchback of Notre Dame. You're a f*&king genius.

G
GMAN posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 8:09 PM

BK,

I love this work you do in the bone. Always changing, and always with a different twist. Beautiful work.

-Gman

Killer job BK! You posses some serious mana and you know how to use it!
Time for some kava kava.

Beachnik

Thanks, all...I took that tired picture out...I'll replace it tonight with something good.

J

Nice and perfect as usual per BK.
JP

Great work as usual. If you or Benzart ever hit a triple instead of a grand slam we'll all wonder what went wrong!

Thanks, Johnny and Sax..No comparison there, now...Ben's got more in his little finger than most of us have in time/hearts/or minds. I remember when Ben came along..I don't think any chiselers around here doubted that it had come full circle when an old master found the Ohana again..I remember looking at his archives and telling myself "time to go to school, boy!"

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna 2006-05-26 12:43 ]

HK

Dave -- You have some serious talent, braddah! It was great chatting with you and Liz after the TV's party. I'm looking forward to next time we get to hang a bit.

Please give Nikki (sp?) best wishes from all of the HAOLE KATS!!!

Kep it up, man!

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

Here's the lovely Nikki with an 8-footer I've been working on in my off time. Gotta come up with a bottom figure scheme or decoration. (hint: remember the big guy we did at Coontiki? I sort of dug the design we pow-wowed on and this one is based on it.

T

Schweeet! Nice tiki too! I like the teeth on that guy - like the big guy at CoonTiki... great work as usual! Keep the surprises coming!

M

Here's a couple of BK beauties that just moved in to Forbidden Island last week!

stellar as always!

Those are looking great! As is all of Forbidden Island that I've seen!

Great start on your "Coontiki" replica....I'm sure you'll have no problem coming up with
a bottom figure. It's good that Nikki gives you some spare time to knock off a little side
project like that! But after being serenaded from Tenneseee...how could she stop you!
I'll have to get in touch regarding your "secret aging process"....been thinking about that
on my current project. The weapons look great too!

B

Your work is super clean. I could spend hours just checking out this 27 page thread alone! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Beachnik

Here's a recent new Marquesan bone design:

J

Great work. Consistant top shelf quality. You keep me inspired! The clubs look great on the wall!.
JP

B

BK, this one is really unique and a Typical, Excellent piece of BK's Bone Works. I really like this one.

Sick buddy, sick.... mad props to you!

Some nice hefty trees in that backyard that would be fun to chisel out but the 8 footer looks great.

Like Gecko always said, "nuthin like getting down and dirty with a big log."

T

Great wok as always. Man you got mad skills

Dave, Your stuff is amazing! Thanks for showing us all the cool things your working on

AMy

A piece for 'Ragin Rorutongan, similar to the one I made for Bete:

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jun 5, 2006 5:18 AM

BK,

I love it. Too damn cool.

-Gman

B
Bete posted on Mon, Jun 5, 2006 10:56 AM

Cool, they are like twin brothers, what is this one made of?

Hi, Bete! This one is carved in cowbone. Finishes like Ivory and a less difficult material to find this time of year..

B

BK again here is your best one yet. Keep'em coming

M
marika posted on Mon, Jun 5, 2006 7:55 PM

Ooooh this looks so cool, I really love it. You always display extremely pleasant workmanship, thank you for sharing that.

TD

man you have some mad skill there. cow bone you say? what kind of tools you use to carve that. it must be hard not to screw up or anything.
keep the talent running.

Really nice piece on that bone - must save my next T-Bone steak and give that a try. Would this be your favourite to carve?

Here's a recently completed Maori Taiaha that I forgot to post...this one is 7 feet long..

M

Love the feathers.

Nice touch to an already wonderful piece.

The bummer about being well known for always doing incredible work is that when you make something incredible its expected and not a surprise.

Here's a toast to BK because Im not surprised.

Awesome

Alriiight...let's stain 'im up and see what we got..All 8 feet of him!)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1150 replies