Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Basement Kahuna -New Maori Bone Pendant 3/04

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1,150 replies

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Apr 24, 2007 2:51 AM

[ Edited by: GMAN 2007-07-03 12:51 ]

Hey, G...yeah...that's a tiny second Manaia. I'm doing a limited cast of this piece as well..know it's kind of pricey for the average TC'er. Thanks for the props, man. Aloha

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Apr 25, 2007 4:56 PM

[ Edited by: GMAN 2007-07-03 12:52 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 25, 2007 6:27 PM

What kind of dogs do you have and how much do they bench?

Here's a few pieces from a while ago I never got to post..the larger Bora-Bora tiki, similar but more narrow than the one from last year, along with the Rapa Nui/Easter Island ceremonial paddle with pearl shell eyes, will be available at Hukilau as part of "Basement Kahuna's 5th annual Tiki Yard Sale". The 3-foot Marquesan is property of Mister Dave Levy, owner of the Mai Kai.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna 2007-07-17 17:49 ]

K

Man I love your stuff! The detailed work you put in is phenominal. The paddle looks weather worn! How you do dat? Nice work!!

BK.... is the Bora Bora the one you were carving at Eyeball?

Good stuff!

I can't wait to show off my '07 merch! See you in a week and a half!

TD

good god! that bone pendant there...its...UNREAL! thats crazy good how you do that. really like it, great stuff

Beautiful work. All of it.

B
Babalu posted on Tue, Jun 5, 2007 9:09 PM

BK,

Just plain superb man! Your work just bowls me over....please keep posting.

H

BK, your work is very good.

Thanks for the new pictures, the wood and bone pieces are super-swell!

B

Excellent stuff BK, I Knew you had been sandbagging on us :) , Come on now, Fork over the rest of it. I Know you have more pieces you have done?
It's OK, Some is better than None. Your pendants are really Sweet!

Not quite sandbagging, Ben but snowed under. I admittedly don't as much time as I'd like to be around here; a lot of commissions to get completed and various other tiki-world places to be, things I have to do, etc. Same old story as so many before! But that's why we went the extra mile..

Recent new moulding patterns by yours truly..

And a couple of other pieces.."private club" sign and a snakeform Sali.

The panels are great...as we have come to expect! Excellent work...and what's
with the haircut? Weren't you the ultimate tiki rockstar?

B

Cool stuff BK!

Until that ultimate 98 degree, 100 percent humidity Athens weather hit this summer. Hair's gotta go!

Love the panels. I'm envious of whomever gets them.

On 2007-07-17 23:14, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Until that ultimate 98 degree, 100 percent humidity Athens weather hit this summer. Hair's gotta go!

Shave it!!!

BK... the panels are outta hand! Super sick detail work!

• Virtual pats on the back *

Sorry I missed your calls... the first round I was vending at Exotica... it was a little loud. I've been trying you daily... we'll touch base eventually. I checked out the wood you told me about... I have some ideas about it. Thanks for the heads up!

Dave, great panals!!!! also love the sign and was sorry when I missed out on the first one......

Keep it up

Amy

T

Did you get a hair cut? Nice stuff as usual. The poses are still the best.

F

BK, the panels are looking great.

Those are actually door frame/entranceway mouldings, carved on 1/2 pine and oak stock. Really give a nice finished look to a tiki room. I have about twelve different patterns now in the design quiver. Aloha!

M

Nice patterns indeed.

BK don't like youngins!

Mahalo

McTiki

Another new commisioned bar. They wanted big...and this one is-45 inches by 5 feet and 3 14-inch shelves.

M

Nice work Bk!

Mahalo

McTiki

H

BK, your work is very precise and clean. This bar looks great.

As always.....WAY COOL!!!

F

BK, Nice work on the bar.

A recently commissioned Maori bone piece

F

very cool,

A non-commissioned little Marquesan bone tiki.

KK

beautiful...

I need more time. Your prolific brah. Just amazing.

'E's a big'un! Trading this cartoony Marq for a week's vacation rental on the beach, courtesy of a good Yellow Jacket classmate/fellow TC'er. 6 feet, 7 inches.

P

crap

B

Nice stuff BK, Glad to see you showing us some of your Prime pieces.

S

Hand truck for size comparison. That'll keep the kiddies out of the yard!

On 2007-08-29 05:54, Swanky wrote:
Hand truck for size comparison. That'll keep the kiddies out of the yard!

...Or an upside-down horseshoe crab...Way back when I could terrorize my sister for hours with one of those..

Very nice. Love the scale.

[ Edited by: AlohaStation 2007-08-29 18:19 ]

OOh yeah hombre, that is the stuff i like to see on the carving forum. All form no fluff. You carve the classics Dave. Now when are you gonna come over?

B

That big un's a great piece, BK, as well as the rest you've got here. That's some mighty fine work Mr!

Mahalos straight across, everyone. MISTER Diablo; I have to get out there soon. You know, the ironic thing is, having carved Polynesian artifacts for ten years or so and even doing it for a living now, it would be my very first time ever even seeing the Pacific Ocean!

Started this little jade Hei Tiki the other day..first piece of the green stone I've worked with. Didn't want to mess it up; A bit testy roughing it out but once this stuff is under a water flow and moving right along it's really a cinch with some good Meisinger/diamond dust burs. I like! I'll probably finish it and keep it.

bk i love the 6 foot tiki he looks awesome and the bar keep up the good work my frind

Well, well.

I can see I'm going to have to step it up a few notches then. :wink:

Time to play some more with the big boys... BK and haikai!

That guy is suweeeet BK! Please tell where the log came from? That's a score.

I'm not ready to roll over yet... give me a week or two to hunt down a log. :wink:

Props bruddah... props.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1150 replies