Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Clarita's experiments

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 741 replies

Great new sculpt Clarita!
TikiRay should be honored that he inspired a fellow Ohana member!
and the colors you've chosen are perfect! Your work is filled with love
and creativity! Rock On! :)

J

Aloha Clarita! I've been meaning to tell you I picked up a Tiki Taka at the House of Tiki on my way to Holden's Big Ol' Tiki Bash last month! I just love it! And the packaging is genius! Nice job! :D

B

Clarita, I Love your new candles. Nice work.

Clarita, another beautiful piece, and such a nice homage to Tiki Ray..... beautiful!

Amy

T

Is she not the coolest chick . Im totally honored . I guess Ill have a couple for sale at the Oasis too . I request that everyone stand and face south toward Clarita and bow to her . She deserves it .

C

Mercy Benjamin!! You are very kind, the only thing I know about shipping to France is that is expensive, not impossible from US, but expensive...

LLT You are the master of love & creativity, but thanks very much!!

JenTiki thank you very much, I'm very happy you like your Tiki Taka!

Benzart thanks my friend!!

Thanks Amy you are very kind!!

Tiki-Ray Thanks very much for all your GREAT help, you are a great friend!
I'm very glad you like it, Thanks again!

T

LLT is the master of love ????????WTF ?????

Excuse me while I jump out the window !
A
A
A
A
H
H

SPLAT !

B

On 2007-08-12 11:13, Clarita wrote:
Mercy Benjamin!! You are very kind, the only thing I know about shipping to France is that is expensive, not impossible from US, but expensive...

We never know but it might be possible for me and my wife to travel to your country ... Thanks,

Benjamin.

H
harro posted on Mon, Aug 13, 2007 3:01 PM

ahh so this is what you have been up to!!!

great work and the best gift you could ever give someone!

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Aug 13, 2007 3:40 PM

You did a really nice job translating Ray's design into wax. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long for more work !

C

Ray Oh My!... are you alright?

Benjamin YAY! Come while Harro is here and we can have our own little TC meetings!

Harro Thanks my friend!

Paipo don't think I don't hear you,(and I know no matter how much it takes copies don't count...Is just that in my case is all there is...) in fact I like you very much for that, ditto to Benzart too, you two make me better! I've started a new one before coming to write to try to use the impulse! and try to deserve my (wrong) space at Tiki carving, between you people! (copies later...)

But say something to Harro too that since he is here he keep's traveling (and eating I presume) and didn't carve anything any more, not even soap! :D

I love TC!! Thanks!

Tiki Candle Maker

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-08-14 19:21 ]

B

Hola Clarita! Here is a picture of the Tiki-Taki I bought at Tiki Oasis. It's on my shelf with my skull pendant from Clysdalle, Tiki Oasis 7 Carving Village pendant from Cammo, HER, Tiki pendant from Mieko, and Tiki pendant from OnoTiki (also made by Mieko).

Una coleccion de cosas muy poquitas y preciosas!

C

Oh what a beautiful collection you have there! thanks so much for posting!
I didn't realize how LITTLE SHE is!!!! You are a crazy GENIUS!!!
I'm so happy for that Tiki-Taka, he's so lucky to be there!
(but if SHE end up pregnant or something don't come find me... You know SHE is irresistible...hahaha!)

B

On 2007-08-19 10:15, Clarita wrote:

(but if SHE end up pregnant or something don't come find me... You know SHE is irresistible...hahaha!)

Uh oh! Is Tiki-Taki real smooth with the ladies? Well, if SHE ends up pregnant, they are both getting kicked right off of that shelf!

C

Here's the modeling I'm working on

Is not finish yet and the mold is going to be very difficult,
so I don't know if I'm going to make it.
So I figure I better show it to you now,so if anything goes wrong, you can see I'm trying (or my attempts)...
Thanks for looking!

P
Paipo posted on Thu, Aug 30, 2007 4:14 PM

Wicked! I really hope you can get a mold from that. I love the totally unique style of this one...it doesn't really look like any recognised culture, but is unmistakeably tiki! Whatcha using to make you masters..is it an oil based clay?

I like that one alot, Clarita! I hope you can make it.

H
harro posted on Fri, Aug 31, 2007 8:44 AM

looks like you've made some progress since i saw this one last week?

i hope you can make the mold and not all your work has been in vain!

chau!

C

Thanks Paipo! I'm using a water based clay, but this red one that is much more refined than the gray.The great thing about water based clay is that you can use it wet and make the general shapes,but then you can let it dry a bit and carve it.

Thanks 4WDtiki & Harro I really appreciate the good energy!

I know he doesn't look Hawaiian or from any other culture in particular but I was thinking of name him Hoku Ili (moon which sets after daylight),because I've been modeling by night and there where a very big moon watching me, so in the morning (and she was still there) I went looking for the word moon in Hawaiian and saw that they have this word for the one that sets after day light....So...Let me know what you think...I hope I don't break him....

B

Yes, be careful not to break Hoku Ili. That's a good name. I like to give my Tikis Hawaiian names too, but I can't always remember them.

That's a great design. I've never seen a Tiki like that before! How big is he?

Nice work, amiga!

C

Thanks Bowana (...Drums...)!
He's 4.7 inches tall 4.1 wide,and the idea is to make him like the Tiki Fuego a candle holder

C

Here some final pics of the Hoku Ili model

I'm starting the mold today....Thanks for looking!

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Sep 10, 2007 1:39 PM

On 2007-09-10 12:54, Clarita wrote:
Here some final pics of the Hoku Ili model

I'm starting the mold today....Thanks for looking!

Yes! That's a fantastic design Clarita! I love the deep carved look of the face. It almost looks like a hybrid of PNG and Marquesan design.

B

Clarita, it looks like this one molded OK? I really like the depth you are getting and IN WAX?? COOL.

C

Thanks Paipo and Benzart!
This is the original in clay, and the bottom is epoxy clay, I still have to make the mold and then the wax copies... The really danger part starts now, the mold... I'll keep you posted...Thanks again!

T

This girl always blows me away . She comes up with with some crazy completely original designs . They are simple yet intricate . And then she dares you to burn them . I love it , Ray

C

Thanks Ray! this is going to be a candle holder like the Fuego, it will not melt it will glow, with a little tea candle inside :)
And the holes at the back my idea is that the light will scape thru them...

Tiki Candle Maker

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-09-10 16:49 ]

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-09-10 16:51 ]

H

Hotdaaayum! That looks awesome Clarita! I really like the lines and the depth--a very creative design indeed. You think you could carve me one just like it but out of wood and about 6 or 8 feet tall? :)

C

Aloha Howland, thanks! I've never try carving wood... I would like to try some time...But enough battle is my own for now...But I listen, and I put all the ideas and encouragements in queue...
...for example Bowana thought I should make pendants...so I made the Tormento pendant to try modeling very little...and see how it goes...here is a plaster copy,I've couldn't find yet the right resin,to make them...

...but you could not say I don't listen to my fellow TCers :)

Tiki Candle Maker

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-09-10 17:07 ]

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-09-10 17:09 ]

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-09-10 17:09 ]

Sweet work Clarita, really dig'in the Hoku Ili design.
I'd love to see it produced as a Tiki mug........

B

Good luck with the Hoko Ili mold, amiga. You are going to make a slip-cast mold for ceramic, right?

Yay! El Tormento pendant! (quien no fume) Quieres cambiar uno de tuyos por uno de mios? :)

C

Hi Tikinomad,thanks!

Bowana, no I'm making a silicon mold for paraffin copies,to make him like this one
Tiki Fuego

See?a little candle goes inside and he don't melt

y siii quiero cambiar un tuyo por uno mio,no hay bien como,pero siii!Gracias!

H
harro posted on Thu, Sep 13, 2007 9:21 AM

fingers crossed for the mold!!!!

B

Love the latest carve Clarita....Killa design!

C

Thanks Harro! I did it he is fine!!! I don't have pics yet, I'll try to take some tonight!

Thanks Babalu! :D

B

Lotsa Luck,I Can't wait to see how they turn out.

C

Thanks Benz! here you go

and here you can see a little how the light escapes from the back

Sorry for the terrible pictures is difficult to shoot the glow (and my camera is a disaster)
His name is Hoku Ili (moon that sets after daylight in Hawaiian),thanks for looking! I'm happy I didn't break him!!!!!

Tiki Candle Maker

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-09-15 09:38 ]

P
Paipo posted on Sat, Sep 15, 2007 1:44 AM

Wow - the translucency really brings your design to life. Beautiful work Clarita!

C

Thanks a lot Paipo!!

H
harro posted on Sat, Sep 15, 2007 9:42 AM

Wow Clarita - they turned out fantastic!!!

I want one!!

Hoku Ili is AWESOME,Clarita! And you always pick great colors for them as well! This new one is a SUPER-CUTEY! Like you! :D

B

Ditto that that Lost guy said :lol:
I Want one too. AWESOME!

B

Fantastico, amiga! Hoku Ili es como un espectro de tiki!

So, can you make these without the wick? So there weren't any accidents, like actually lighting them. :)

C

Tim,Ken,Benz,Bowana thanks SO MUCH!! I'm so proud I did it! But It wouldn't mean anything without my TC friends! I love you guys :D !

Mr.Noname, thanks!! He doesn't have a wick, he is a candle holder, a little tea candle goes inside,you can thru it away, and keep only the holder if you want,just in case :D !! but I was thinking of using an other light source, a cool one maybe, I don't know yet, but maybe start experimenting with leds or something... Best wishes, thanks again!

C

B

WOw !!!!!
Perfect candles, super tiki designs, great work.
Bravo

Ben

H
hewey posted on Sat, Sep 29, 2007 4:52 PM

Another fine design Clarita! :D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 741 replies