Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Clarita's experiments

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 741 replies

C

Well, here is an update on Tiki-O-Billy he is 99% done... The modeling part off course... But because he has his Epoxy skin now there's no risk of breaking him later... And that's a relief...

Thanks for looking! Best wishes!

B

Tiki-O-Billy is going to rock this town, make them scream and shout!

Ha ha! I just noticed the chain wallet! Nice touch!

[ Edited by: bowana 2007-11-29 19:54 ]

S

Very nice clarita. He is definitely rock-in!
There is a ton of detail in him nice job.

T

This is definitely my kind o´rockin´.

He´s even got a wallet-chain, very nice. I want one.

Anyone else from germany? Come on. Let´s divide the freight costs for the overseas-container. :P

tok-tok

B
Bowana posted on Sat, Dec 1, 2007 7:16 PM

:music: "Come iiiiiiiiinnn!" :music:

"Hoku Ili, your disguise doesn't fool us! We are placing you under arrest for....."

But wait! Meanwhile high in the sky above the house, a strange flying object approaches. Oh my! Could this be who it appears to be....?!

C

Thanks Dave Bowi :)! Very glad/m you like! I like you :) !!

seeksurf Thanks for noticing the ton of detail! it's driving me crazy!!I like a lot your headdress

Thanks tok-tok :D!! you are making the coolest tiki pig! Why doesn't he have a quiff? It would look very cool on him :) !

And thanks to de SD agent for telling us all this adventure, it makes me really happy! You know?!
Thanks to Harro(and Marcela), Paipo and Tama That has support this story too and adopted and take care of some of my kids !
I love you guys! All this makes me really happy, and make all the effort worth, I don't like money much, so I feel this like the payment I really wanted, to let people touch my heart, and you did, and I'm very very happy! Thanks a lot!!! Life is good :D!!
and an other special thanks to Ray, Benz, LLT, squid, Grogie and Kitty that supported me from the begining and make me feel a part of TC!
I love TC! Thanks to you all!! I'm so much happier than before, you'll never know!!

B
Bowana posted on Tue, Dec 4, 2007 8:15 PM

On 2007-12-03 09:31, Clarita wrote:
And thanks to de SD agent for telling us all this adventure, it makes me really happy!

Well then, if that's the case....on with the show!

Back inside the house......

"Wait a minute, Tikicoppers! First tell us what in the world Hoku Ili has been accused of!"

"On the 9th of January 2006, he robbed at gunpoint The First National Bank of Tiki, that's what he did! He was caught on the surveillance camera as he fled the scene of the crime!"

"Ah, nuts! I was framed!"

Could our little Hoku Ili really have committed such a dastardly deed? :o

H
harro posted on Thu, Dec 6, 2007 9:09 AM

glad to be a part of spreading the Clarita candle love around the world!! I love all mine, and so has everyone I've given them as gifts to.

PS is that a flying, carpet-riding Buzzman I see up there in the sky???

B

"If Hoku Ili does not come quietly, we will be forced to use our secret weapon to apprehend him! Don't make us use it!!"

"But he is innocent! You cannot arrest him!"

"Very well, you asked for it! Release....muahahaha....the secret weapon!!"

Holy guacamole, that's one impressive fireworks show! How will our friends get out of this one?!

C

OH! Those accusations about Hoku Ili can't be true!!! He's such a nice guy...! someone is trying to make him look bad...
Oh and the arma secreta especial?! how's that? is he the evil clone of mr. Fuego?
So many question, oh my..!
Oh!! I think I discovered who the shadowy silhouette is!!!

sorry about Billy, I can't finish him... (I hate him by now...He is so pop :)! ), the next one will be more like Hoku, I can't wait to go to the next one...
Greetings to you all!

And a special thanks to sir Bowana, I love you my friend! But I love your carvings too, so don't forget about them... But is nice to watch you just having fun, for a change :D ! Big hug LR !

Tiki Candle Maker

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-12-17 08:58 ]

B

Oh, now where did you find that picture?! That's me in my new hoodie showing which way it is to Muscle Beach!

B

"It's no use, Hoku Ili. Resistance is futile!"

Back outside, rapidly approaching the Paipo Estate, and coming into clear view is-I don't believe it! It's Buzz, James Buzz on his flying carpet! (sharp eye, Harro!) Could he very well have a secret weapon of his own to save Lil' Hoku?

Yes, he does!

"Pssst.........Hoku Ili, take this. It's a very wet Martini that will turn out the lights on that Evil Fuego!"

But how will Buzz, James Buzz's "wet" Martini solve the situation? I hope it is shaken, and not stirred!

C

:lol: !!

B

But before Hoku Ili could take the wet martini from Buzz James Buzz, with a breath of fire that would put Godzilla to shame, Evil Fuego blew the concoction from Lil' Hoku's hand!

"Ah, nuts!" squealed Hoku Ili, "I've got to find it before things start getting serious!"

Will he find it, or is Hoku Ili's saving grace lost forever??

C

Oh no!! Hoku Ili is going to melt any minute now!
is Buzz James Buzz coming back to help? did he went away to look for reinforcement? is wonder Zaya coming to help too? oh my, I'm nervous about all this!
stop spiting fire in his butt, evil evil Fuego!! oh nooo! who could help him now?!!!

B

"Ah man! Where is that thing? I've got to find it fast, because if this guy keeps this up much longer, my butt is going to melt! I am a candle after all!"

But look! Hoku's friend Hei-Hei-I'ma-Tiki seems to have caught it! And he didn't spill it or anything! How'd he do that?

"Take it, QUICK!!"

"Take this, you big fat stupidhead!" (oh my, such language!), cried Hoku as he dumped Buzz James Buzz's concoction on Evil Fuego's big fat stupid head.

So now that Evil Fuego's engines have been cooled down, what about the Tikicoppers? Don't they still have evidence that Hoku robbed the bank? Hmmmm...I think our little friend has some explaning to do-and it better be good! HM!

The Artist Formally Known As Tikidav

[ Edited by: Bowana 2008-01-20 09:03 ]

C

At last one for the good guys! This evil Fuego is so evil, he is making MR. Fuego look bad!

Well sorry for the tremendous delay, but I needed to take my time with Billy, I don't know if you can see in this pics all that I redo on him, like the eyes, all the hair, the stripes in his pants, the wallet chain, the holes in his back,etc... now i like him much more again :)

Thanks for looking!

BM

holy crap that is the SHIZZ NET!! you merged the two factions PERFECTLY...GREAT SUCCESS

H
harro posted on Mon, Feb 4, 2008 6:59 AM

awesome Clarita!! It is really so much better now - it was worth the wait!!

nos vemos.

B
Bowana posted on Mon, Feb 4, 2008 7:13 AM

Well, it's about time, amiga! I've been struggling to keep your thread alive all this time, waiting for this very moment. Billy is much more rico suave than Gerardo! :) Buen trabajo!

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Feb 4, 2008 7:28 AM

Billy is ROCKIN' the House Clarita! He's very cool! Keep-um coming.

T

Hi Clarita,
He was looking very good before, but with the little changes he now looks even better.

B

Daayum girl? Lookit you GO. These are Absolutely Incredible! How are you learning this stuff SO Fast? Earning Much Respect.

Thats lookin' spectacular, Clarita!! The detail on him is siiick.. Keep rollin'~

C

bb moondog Thanks bro :)!
harro Gracias amigo, your quebracho Tang is the bomb!!
Bowana! He is nothing like Gerardo!!!!! Thanks for the love!! When is Lil' Pumpmkin going to be ready?! He is so gorgeous!
Babalu Thanks, i'm very glad you like! your lapatikis are amazing :) !
tok-tok Thanks!! You are doing great, great Tikis!
Benzart thanks so much! Your respect worth more than all the money and all the success in the world :)!! Happy!
FreddieBallsomic Oh do you really think so?! Coming from you is great honor, you are the one that knows all about sick detail :D! Thanks!

Billy finaly looks PERFECT now!
Way to go Clarita!
Such an exciting thread!
:)

B

WOW :o

super work !

Benjamin.

P
Paipo posted on Fri, Feb 15, 2008 1:52 AM

Whoa! I just went back to check the Billy 1.0...the revisions you made are sharp! It's like you grabbed a spanner and just tightened it up another couple of notches. I really dig the way you did the eyes, and I love all the different surface textures you've got going on. How long before we see him lit up?

C

LLT thanks! you are so much fun!
Thanks for the big amounts of good vibes you give everybody all the time :)
You are a great friend!

Thanks Ben You are so nice, and you do such nice carvings,
Is a pleause having you around :) !

Hey Paipo! Thanks!! I think this is the Tiki revenge for telling you about the fish texture, Billy is totally out of control, oh men!! and is summer here too you know, I'm totally not concentrated, everybody is on vacation, playing around...
I love your new one with a little Sci fi influence :) !
I hope I'll finish Billy in this life time :D !

Greetings Tiki friends, I couldn't have found a cooler bunch of people anywhere else, that's for sure! :D !

S

Nice work! Man so much detail going on there
simply outstanding.

B

"Alright then, Hoku Ili, if you are innocent, explain this!" demanded the Captain of the Tikicoppers.
"Very well, Sir, I shall!" Hoku Ili responded, "That is not me, it is my twin brother, Hoku Loogi. Mom always liked him better, yet he turned to a life of crime anyways."

"Just look! Buzz James Buzz has captured him and has also recovered the stolen loot!"

"Take him away, boys!", ordered El Capitan, "Nice work, Buzz James Buzz"."Ah, nuts!", lamented Hoku Loogi.

What does fate have in store for Hoku Loogi? What is to become of the now difused Evil Fuego? Will Buzz James Buzz continue a life of fighting crime? Will Hoku Ili live happily ever after in NZ? The final chapter is next!

C

Thanks seeksurf!!

Hoku Loogi? :o ! I'm glad Hoku Ili's reputacion was cleaned up, fiu! In my heart i knew he was innocent! But i have to confess i was starting to believe the bad things that were said about him... Sorry Hoku Ili!! I'm glad buzz James Buzz and the Tiki Coppers were able to catch Hoku loogi, we don't like bad guys here!..

Tiki Candle Maker

[ Edited by: Clarita 2008-02-28 06:20 ]

B
Bowana posted on Sat, Mar 8, 2008 7:38 AM

CAPITULO FINAL!

Now that Evil Fuego's fire was out, it seemed that he would be useless. Would they trash him?

No! It seems that he was now so cold that he was sent to the Arctic to help prevent the ice caps from melting. Way to save the Earth, Fuego!

Buzz James Buzz decided to return to a career as a Tiki Carver. I hear that he used his reward money to hire Van Halen to play at his birthday party.

Hoku Loogi was taken home by the Tikicoppers for his trail.

And Hoku Ili? Well, he lived the rest of his days as a happy little green Tiki candle!

Okay, amiguita! I promise to never hijack your thread again! Thanks for letting me have so much fun with it! :)
Bowana

BRAVO! BRAVO!

B

standing up....
clap-clap-clap-clap-yay
clap-clap-clap-clap-yay
clap-clap-clap-clap-yay!

C

Oh! Such a great end for this exiting story!! :D !! Thanks so much, hijack my thread when ever you like, it was my pleasure! I just felt bad that you where not finishing Lil' punk, because he is so amazing!!
Thanks Bowana! sending you thee biggest hug ever!! Thanks again. :D!

...Oh and I just opened Billys mold and make a plaster and a wax copies, he is fine, he survived :) ! Pics soon!

S

Yay! Love how you inserted buz into it. Funny stuff :)

C

...Well here is the first copy of Billy, i'm going crazy experimenting new stuff, this is a polyester resin copy, hope you like!

B

Looks like Billy is set to really go Far. The resen is a great idea and it looks like you are getting a good pour right off the bat.

C

Thanks Benz! hope you are fine!

Here some paraffin Billys

pics of them lit soon...
Thanks for looking :) !

B

Hmm.....separated at birth?

Save the Earth, Fuego and Ice Billy! :)

...The drums!...The drums!...

[ Edited by: bowana 2008-03-18 12:36 ]

H
harro posted on Tue, Mar 18, 2008 4:12 AM

:lol: :lol:

Clarita I love the ice billy resin one, and the wax ones turned out great too!!

It was worth all the hard work!

ST

He REALLY needs to be a mug.

T

It really turned out great. Nice idea to cast it in resin. I would take it as a mug as well. Rock´n´Roll.

C

:) Hi Bowana, well they were separated at birth, that's true. Thanks for your kindness :)!

Thanks Harro! your new Tiki is looking great :)

Surf Tiki, I'll try some crazy experiments to see if i can pull it of, but is not easy.. Thanks

Thanks Tok-Tok!

Here some pics of him lit

and this is a plaster copie with some golden touchs :)

He is not a mug because you coudn't drink from it, but maybe he can be a straws or napkins holder... I don't know... Just trying stuff...

What a Story! That should be a BOOK!
Tiki Billy in wax positively GLOWS!
WINNER!
i shaved my mustache for you sweetie!
Keep Creating!

S

Right on, very cool. The ice one rocks.

C

Thanks LLT, I think Bowana has plans to print it and making it as comic book...
I shaved my mustachio for you too, let's keep our faces mustachio free :D !!
i just need the blondness now and we can be Tiki bro and sis :)!!

Thanks seeksurf! your waffle guy is Great!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 741 replies