Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Clarita's experiments

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 741 replies

A
amate posted on Mon, Nov 9, 2009 4:41 PM

Clarita - You definately have a unique style of your own. You are on to something good so keep it up.

T

Hey Clarita
I luv the new guy!!!!

B

♦Excellent Dear Clarita, I Really love the fact that this one was colored with one of your candles, It's SO PERFECT, It was Meant to be. I Love the fact that Laojia found early photos of similar styles, that means the ancients are guiding you making you do what they want. It would seem there is not much you can touch that will fail!

Go Girl!

C

Thank you very much amate and tikigodz
and thanks Benzart for your very kind words, they mean a lot to me

heres carving number 3

here's the scale reference i've promised, i didn't know what to use, i know it's not very cute, but I guess it works..

hope you like him, much aloha!

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Nov 24, 2009 2:51 PM

Tiki #3 is beautiful! Your art is very distinctive and all your own.

Looks like Tiki#3 is jones'in for a puff off of that cigarette. Can't you feel that tension?

Keep them coming'! Thanks for posting.

Ever so cool Clarita. Keep up the great work. Do I remember you making drums out of some of them? Or maybe marimba? :D

number Three is number One!
This fellow is bursting with personality!

hey...can i bum a smoke?
:)

T

Nice - very neat design on the eyes. Love the contrast too. :)

#3 is terrific Clarita! Such an expressive little dude. I have a question, do you cut your bamboo at the "knuckles", making the ends solid, or are they hollow all the way through? Just curious...

L

On 2009-11-08 10:58, Clarita wrote:

but how do you play them, do they have a patch up there?

I don't know, there has not really explained in the book, just lots of pictures, sorry for late reply...

Very good work on the third, mostly detailled!

J.

Wonderful work again Clarita!

The details and color contrasts are spectacular on these!

N
NOTCH posted on Thu, Nov 26, 2009 9:55 AM

thats a nice bamboo carving Clarita, looks great.

just found your post Clarita very cool i dabbled in the props department at the Australian opera for a few months was great fun with latex etc , love your work, Brendon

A
amate posted on Sat, Nov 28, 2009 4:05 PM

Bravo Clarita! Another winner.

C

TikiG thanks! yes i can feel the tension hahaha!

Hey MadDogMike thanks, yes I've made two sets off four boo-bams each, but i started to count from 1, on these ones that are only carvings not boo-bams..

little lost tiki thanks! yes you can, and it goes with a free hug :)

TheBigT thankyou!

TikiMango thanks! about your question, #1 and #3 are hollow all the way through, but number two has the bottom solid, on that one I've cut after the "knuckles"

laojia thanks! also for taking the time to show me those drums I appreciate it!

Thanks Lake Surfer very glad you like.

NOTCH thanks!

kroozzn62 thanks, props department at the Australian opera, hm? uh yes that sound super fun :)

Thanks amate :)

B

:o

:P

:D

B

:o

:P

:D

C

Thanks Benz :)

Happy holidays Ohana!

[ Edited by: Clarita 2009-12-22 11:15 ]

L

WOW!!! :o The resurrection of the cult of human bird in Argentina... I love it!

Clarita I absolutely love your bird carving. It's a great concept for your
bamboo art, Merry Christmas to our Argentina connection!

Beautiful, Clarita!

I can tell you're really inspired by the bamboo as each new piece you make is better then the previous one.

This one is wonderful. Great flow and action to the lines.

And you've really got a handle on the contrast between colors!

Wonderful carve, very creative!

clarita!! i love this one very very cool love the light dark contrast wich realy adds depth and detail!!!!! BEAUTIFUL CARVE!!!!! CHEERZ AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

B

I love the birdie Ms. C

When are you going to be featured in Tiki Magazine???
Awesome work.
Mele Kalikimaka

B

YEAH,, CLARITA for Tiki Magazine, Spread the word, Clarita for Tiki Magazine.

Clarita, girl you have really come a Long way from the early candle days:

Not that the candles were anything to sneeze at either
Then she decides to try the Pendant market which she conquers with ease
pendants

Then a bright light came on,,, Why not try LED Lights in the candles???Why waste MAtches and destroy the beautiful candle?
Bring on "CLARITA'S LED CANDLES

Of Course CLARITA couldn't leave well enough alone, she had to bring on the BOOBAMS.

Way to GO Girl, what do you have up that sleeve to dazzle us NexT???
(edited to remove dead space)

[ Edited by: Benzart 2009-12-27 05:36 ]

A
amate posted on Sun, Dec 27, 2009 4:49 AM

I agree with the TIKI magazine article. The bird is A+ and all of the art first rate. I am a fan.

A
AKUAE posted on Tue, Dec 29, 2009 1:45 AM

hey
great lamps - very cool
love your carves
mahalo

C

laojia, congatiki, Lake Surfer, TikiMango, BIG tiki scott, Babalu, surfintiki,
Benzart, amate, AKUAE thank you very much a really appreciate it!

About 'Tiki Magazine' hopefully some day, my friends, anyway I'm more than happy to be featured here on 'Benzart tiki seleccion' what an honor!! what else can I ask for? there I go again sniff sniff (joy!) ending this year with my heart full.

And about what do I have up that sleeve?
well I've been using the internet to connect with cool people, specially the ones that understand the effort it takes to be creative, and I did that for sure. the internet gives me not only support but inspiration, thanks you all, I love you guys!

Things I have on my to do list,for example:
Paipo since day one wanted me to make mugs...
Babalu & Bowana teached me a lot about them, and how to make a perfect mold...
Cammo wants me to make a candle but with stone inlays..
Marcus Cove wants me to make shirts using my bamboo carvings as stamps...
Maddogmike wants scones..
and the list goes on...
so I do have my sleeve full of tricks..
also
LLT was the one that invited me here...
Tiki-Ray helped me like crazy in every way..
Benzart was the one that told me to carve all the way trhu on the bamboo (he is definitely part of what I do)..
Squid supported me and offer to help since day one..
Bowana was the one that wanted me to make pendants..
laojia investigated about old drumms to show me..
and i had support from the coolest artists ever!...

So I'm really thankful for you guys, for your support, great ideas, inspiration, warm...
Thanks again, I hope you all have a great 2010 full of happiness and creativity!

The idea of using the tiki as "sources of light" in your lamps is killer. They radiate the tikis' power and personaility into the entire room, I bet. Awesome!

Aloha!

Marcus

Very...very...very nice...me likes!!! Love the contrast too.

B

HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY New Year!

C

Thank you very much Aweulekuula, VampiressRN and dear Benzart!
Here's #5

Much Aloha!

Looking Good Clarita!

Only number 5...IT'S INSANE!!!!
Fantastic detail...and design. I love the colorings, everything is...just...right.
Good going, glad to see ya still working away.
Aloha

Another awesome carve Clarita!

I love the edition of the plant to the tiki! It fits in perfect.

You've got excellent design skills and each of these bamboo guys gets better and better!

L

Wow! Awesome details for the flowers! Also good choice for the differents stains... I agree with Lake: better and better!

Thank's for sharing Clarita!

J.

Really love your boo's Clarita, lots of great detail in this one.
Please keep us entertained with your skills.

A
amate posted on Mon, Feb 15, 2010 7:42 AM

:o WOW!! What more can I say. Keep showing us your beautiful work.

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Feb 15, 2010 8:56 AM

#5 is beautiful, Clarita.

I love your posts, there's always inspiring craftsmanship here. Thanks!

#5 KICKS IT,Clarita!
with the flowers and everything!
Simply Beautiful!
You've gone PRO,girl!
Really Really like this one!

T

Outstanding. You've really pushed the limits on bamboo. I would never have thought one could carve a piece of bamboo like this. Well done. :)

That's Bamboo? No way! Ingenius idea! Some talented skillz for just being, "#5."

C

Atomic Tiki Punk thank you!

surfintiki thanks! well if you add the boo-bams to the count then is carving number 13, and if you add all the candles then it's, more or less, number 20 , so it's a virtual #5 really. I just thought I should start from 1 on this ones that aren't drums just carvings. much aloha to you!

Lake Surfer thanks, it's an honor that you think so.

laojia merci! I do the different color with fire, burning more or less and scratching the surface to make the color I like, no stains. :wink:

congatiki thank you a bunch! and thanks for missing me :) I'm sorry I wasn't around lately, I've been very sad because my dog (more like a sister to me) Lua aka Chufi passed away recently, she was 17 years old, I spend half my life with her and to me she was family. most people think "it's just a dog".. but I guess you can understand me on this one :( . but I'm very grateful for all the time we did spend together. give petri a big hug from me please :)

amate thanks! your work is very cool, i thought the birdman was finished he is already very cool, now i can't wait to see what's going to happen next :)

TikiG aawww thankyou very much.

little lost tiki thanks so much! i'm very glad you really really like :)

TheBigT thanks! what is helping me, is that this kind of bamboo "tacuaron" has a very thick wall so it gives you a lot more to work with than the Chinese bamboo.

coconuttzo :) thanks!

B

Absolutely Mind blowing Clarita, you are really getting fancy with your designs, Lovely Stuff!

H

Clarita, I love how you photographed #5 with all the green foliage all around it, everything fits just right, I love it.

T

On 2010-02-17 15:41, Clarita wrote:
TheBigT thanks! what is helping me, is that this kind of bamboo "tacuaron" has a very thick wall so it gives you a lot more to work with than the Chinese bamboo.

oh, neat. I'll have to remember that. But you still have a very clever design and well executed! Are you growing this bamboo or where does it come from?

C

Thank you very much Benz, love you! hope you feel better soon.

hiltiki thanks! the plant on the background is my favorite pet plant, it's a plumeria that I adopted when it was a dead stick and now it's pretty and big (at list for a plant on a pot..), so I carved it on the tiki as an homage to the non human family I love, like my dog chufi :)

TheBigT Thanks! I wish I could grow bamboo :) I live in the middle of the city (it's like living in new york for you to imagine), i don't even have soil.. the plants you see are on pots, I try to make the pics look like if it were a jungle, but is all an optical effect :)
I buy the bamboo in a market we have here called 'mercado de frutos de Tigre' it's next to a river, it's a place were you can buy fruits and hand made objects, some art, and stuff, there are a few places that sell bamboo there, at some point i've discovered this kind and loved it. I'm not sure if it comes from that river (Rio de la Plata) or they bring it from the north of Argentina were it is a lot more tropical than here.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 741 replies