Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Clarita's experiments

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 741 replies

M

Aye Clarita!

My friends, Bamboo is not for the faint of heart to carve on. It's very hard and has an odor if you are working power tools. I can appreciate these pieces for sure.

I consider your cuts to be full of awesomeness, Clarita Tiki!

Mahalo

McTiki

C

Thanks again Chuck Tatum is Tiki, I think it looks a lot better now too!

Thanks amate! right now the only available item is the Tiki Farm mug

If you want one, you have to sign up for their
Tiki Farm email list on their homepage
that is how they will notify the public of the sale date.
Is going to be a small run of 100 pieces.
I'll let know you later down the road about my own stuff probably.
Thanks for asking anyways..:)

***** And also I'm thinking about maybe doing the candle of that mug, it would be a hollow one with a LED candle inside, so you could use it with out burning it and also to be able to lit it inside the box *****
***** would any one be interested? *****

Thank you very much McTiki, I'm honored by your comment!!
Oh I didn't know about the odor, I don't use any power tools luckily :)

B

SO Awesome for you to finally do a mug,, Gotta sign up, I GOTTA Have one. Beautiful work as usual, Congrats to you And to Holden.

C

Thanks Benz the greatest!! :)
I didn't do anything, it's all Tiki Farm pure Magic,
I'm extremely honored and happy they used one of my designs,
I'm so proud of this little mug :)

BTW Thanks so much Tiki Farm!!
this guys are very professional, talented and awesome people,
that manage their business with a lot of care, love and coolness,
I couldn't be more thankful! to be able to be a part of that.

Saw MY-T at the Farm a few weeks ago....
feels great in your hand and the glaze is AMAZING!

Yay for Clarita!
you NOW have your own MUG!
AWESOME!
:)

C

Thanks Ken! and for all the inspiration and everything :)

Wow, great job on the new mug! Holden, Mike and the crew are the best too.

Nice to visit your website Clarita, looks great, and congratulations
on the Tiki Farm mug. It looks great too. Good to see you back
on TC!

H

I am glad to see that you are enjoying yourself and staying busy...all your art looks great, the carvings, the new mug, and the web site...WONDERFUL !!!!!!

Clarita, that new website is really good. All the fonts, and interactive-ness is great! Saw some pieces I haven't seen before, beautiful.
And WoooOOO, perfect soundtrack, love all those tunes! Great to carve to, browse your site to, live life to! YES!
Aloha

C

Thanks Chuck!

Thanks conga very glad to be back too.. (you know what I mean, even I can't finish anything yet.. but soon, thanks my friend)

Thank you very much hottiki very nice of you!

Thanks surfin! I suspected you may appreciate that, glad someone clicked the music link too! haha. those are my favorite "surf" songs, I think they represent me great, they do surf that isn't classic surf or surf at all but with definitively surf sounds, but some with and international point of view. Like me that do Tiki that isn't Tiki but it is with my look on them too :) there are bands from everywhere there two from Argentina, one from Italy, one from Croatia, and some from the US too.
Thanks again!

Yeah our band was talking about that tonight. Liam, our drummer plays in a bunch of bands, some do a lot of world touring. He was saying Germany is going big on the surf and rockabilly scene now. Love it. Worldwide surf. YEAH And I KNOW down by you guys it's huge too. Prolly bigger than here.

BIg congrats on the mug! Well deserved! Welcome back, we missed you!

I'll let know you later down the road about my own stuff probably.
Thanks for asking anyways..:)

***** And also I'm thinking about maybe doing the candle of that mug, it would be a hollow one with a LED candle inside, so you could use it with out burning it and also to be able to lit it inside the box *****
***** would any one be interested? *****

Me!!!!! I'd be interested! I'm going to sign up on Tiki Farm now. Love your website, wish more was for sale.

Great job on your website! And your bamboo carvings continue to set the standard! Quite impressive!

C

Surfin, yes I've heard the same thing about Germany, this guy on my space seems to have a ton of amazing surf, I think a lot of it is from there http://www.myspace.com/schamchusai
but I know he puts a lot of bands from around the globe too, so I'm not really sure which ones are German..
also there's a group on FB http://www.facebook.com/groups/surfmusic where there's this guy posting a lot from Spain, I love both sources!
Here meh, it's little too, we have a total of like five bands, but the thing is at least three of then are great!

Lake, thank you very much sir! glad to be back too :)

Lori thank you! I appreciate it very much :) I don't sell stuff because the international shipping is ridiculously expensive and not very safe from here, to send items one by one... but I promise I'll find a way soon, to make some of what I do available, at a reasonable price... I'll keep you posted :)

Thank you very much Captain Jack!!

Cool! Thanks for the links. The Myspace one is VISUAL OVERLOAD....WhoOOOaHHH!
Here's one... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boston-Surf-Rock/162950010413847 local stuff around here.

B

Great website, Clarita!
Congrats on the Tiki Farm mug!

C

Thanks surfin I'm going to check it out!

Thanks Bowana! I'm still trying to put the Hoku story together, and waiting to see if everyone involved, is ok with it too.. I know is not going to be as great as if you did it yourself, but I'm doing my best. I'll let you know as soon as it's up. Thanks for that too.

Oh and also I didn't notice my web site looks so different, looking at it with internet explorer, I guess Chuck has it, that's why he couldn't see a thing, sorry, I fixed that too now..

B

Hey Clarita,, I'm HappyHappyHappy you Finally got your Benzart, and it only took 5 years! slow shipping to S America I guess, I take No Responsibility.
MUNDO TIKI Rocks girl, Great to see your stuff.

C

Thank you very much chief! Very glad you like.
And also I'm so happy with my Benzart pendant, it's perfect, totally worth the wait :D

Bamboo carvings #13 & #14 finished at last!

more pics at
http://mundotiki.com/carvings-13-14

A
amate posted on Fri, Mar 30, 2012 2:48 PM

Like the way you did the eyebrows on the left. As I recall, you are applying the color with a candle flame. That can't be easy.

M

Those are just awesome.

Bamboo is a tough medium to master. You are one of them.

Mahalo

McTiki

Clarita, I missed those 4 days ago! Great work, they make me smile :)

C

Thanks amate, your right that took some time :)

Thank you very much McTiki

Thanks so much Mike, that's all I really care about, you made me smile too :)

G
GROG posted on Tue, Apr 3, 2012 10:21 AM

Too cute! :)

C

Thanks GROG :)

Nice work, Clarita! Those two look great!

Perfect! The sharpness and coloring are perfect! The ukes look so good, I wanna play 'em!

C

Thanks Captain Jack, glad you like :)

Thanks Surfin! That would be an awesome trio, I should carve you an ukulele, so you can go on the road with them :)

C
cy posted on Thu, Apr 12, 2012 3:21 PM

I took some time to go through your thread Clarita and it is an impressive multi medium collection! Very entertaining.

On 2012-04-12 08:35, Clarita wrote:

Thanks Surfin! That would be an awesome trio, I should carve you an ukulele, so you can go on the road with them :)

Cool, no prob. But YOU'RE doing all the singing. :wink:

C

Thanks cy!

surfin sure I would love to! if you don't mind people throwing tomatoes at as :)

Maybe that's why Los Straightjackets wear masks!...and don't sing!!!

I just had a look at your website- I can't believe you manage to get the subtle colouring using only a candle. Muy interesante!

C

surfin maybe they don't like tomatoes that much :)

Atomic Mess Gracias! It's a mix of the distance at which you put the fire, the different layers of the bamboo, that burns different, and scratching off the layers until you see the color you like. It can take a lot of time, but I like the way it looks :)

That sounds very intensive, but the results are worth it!
G

Like a said on FB you are getting very creative on these

C

Thanks Seek!

B

On 2012-03-26 13:23, Clarita wrote:
And also I'm so happy with my Benzart pendant, it's perfect, totally worth the wait :D

more pics at

Love these two Clarita, you Never cease to Amaze me!

B

On 2012-03-26 13:23, Clarita wrote:

more pics at

Love these two Clarita, you Never cease to Amaze me!

Hey Clarita, great stuff! MaddogMike turned me onto your thread for research on bamboo carving. You really have some wonderful imaginative tiki art, I went back a few years in the thread to get a better idea on the bamboo carving and before I knew it was caught up in reading the whole thing. I don't know why I never saw your thread before, but I love all of your designs. I am going to be using a dremel tool for my carving since I don't own chisel style tools, I really hope it doesn't get too splintery. It looks like you can't do really intricate finely detailed designs with bamboo or it might break/splinter? Any advice for someone entirely new to this kind of carving?

C

Thanks Benz the greatest!! :D

Hi tigertail777! Sorry I didn't see this earlier.Very glad you like my work, thanks for taking the time to look at this thread, it's a long story by now :)
I never tried using a dremel on the bamboo, I use a knife mostly. To me it's the best tool, because the bamboo has all this fibres, so it's better to first cut the shape you want to take out and then start taking layer by layer inside that shape until you get the deepness you want.
But if I would have to use one, I would use very dry bamboo, if it's fresh/green it's a lot more soft and probably much more complicated to use a dremel on. You can dry fresh one using fire until it gets brown. But if you can find bamboo that is old and very dry, that would be the best choice I guess... I hope that helps, and thanks again.

C

Aloha everybody! sorry for the disappearance, I've been flying very low lately, and everything I've been trying to make, came up to difficult or to complicated.. for example

Tiki-Girl 2.0

For the ones of you that remember,this was a pendant I've made a few years ago
and this is the candle holder version, it works with a led tea candle.
http://mundotiki.com/tiki-girl

Thanks for looking much Aloha to all.

mundotiki

[ Edited by: Clarita 2013-11-03 07:25 ]

Missing your work around here, man!

C

Aaww thanks so much Atomic Tiki Punk! internet hug :)

Beautiful candle holder Clarita! Is the girl wax or resin? Great to have you back

B

Totally Awesome piece Clarita, WOW!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 741 replies