Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Clarita's experiments

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 741 replies

WOW- those guys are great! their boxes add so much to their character. that little guy's the one for me.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 12, 2007 10:43 PM

GROG like. GROG want.

B

Clara, Ditto what all the others said, I am Totally in Awe of these candles. Very well done.

I agree with everyone as well, they are really really nice, hopefully you will sell them direct

Amy

Very cool boxes and Tikis! The colors really accent the designs.

C

Here's a link to the thread of the Tiki Treasures & Polynesian Pinups event on TC
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=23133&forum=17&12
Thanks so much everyone! I'm a little nervous about all this...

Hewey thanks a lot a appreciate honesty very much!

surf-n-turf Thank you very much! Hope everything turn out fine

greentikipat Thanks for the kind words, I'm very glad you like the little guy (Tiki Taka)

GROG Thanks :)

Benzart Thanks I'm so glad you like them!

Queen Kamehameha Thank you very much! I very glad you like them! Maybe after this event I could start a list...

AlohaStation Thanks I'm glad you like the colors too!

Thanks for looking!

Great Colors on those Clarita! It brings your tiki candles to life even more! You are Rockin girl! You make Tiki Proud!

H
harro posted on Wed, Mar 14, 2007 2:54 PM

GREAT work Clarita!!

now how can i get my hands on one??

C

Thanks LLT! As always you manage to put a smile on my face!

Harro Thanks a lot! I can't believe there's a TCer here! I'm Looking foward to meet you! Have fun tonight at the "The Tormentos" show, see you soon!

B

Que bonitas colores, Clarita. They look good enough to eat! :)

Buena suerte con la TT&CC.

These candles are great and the box is a perfect frame for the artwork. They would fit in at any tiki bar.

C

Thanks Tiki-dav! They are coconut scent too, but I don't recommend you eating them...

Thanks a lot AlienTiki!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Mar 20, 2007 11:06 PM

GROG can't wait to buy Claritas candles at the Tikis and Pinups show.

Es muey bonita!

On 2007-03-20 23:06, GROG wrote:
GROG can't wait to buy Claritas candles at the Tikis and Pinups show.

Es muey bonita!

Grog mention to Bamboo that Grog love Clarita candle.

Grog Happy!!!!!

Grog need Clarita Fire!!!

C

Thanks Grog and RevBambooBen!!
I'm wondering why Grog needs fire... maybe is to get rid of all those squirrels that are harassing him ...

G
GROG posted on Fri, Mar 23, 2007 8:51 AM

DAMNED SQUIRRELS!!!

C

I've added this card with the name of my future web site (it's not working yet) The name of each design and a breve description

all of them are signed

I've already send them I hope they get there fine....

YAY for Clarita!
These are gonna sell out in record time! Beautiful,all the
way down to your signature! We should all buy them and
set GROG the BRUJO on fire ! YAY!

GT

Your art work is very very good! I like your work a lot, I'm a fan! Well, maybe some day you'll make a ceramic mug out of them, You should :) Aloha! Gogo (Go Tiki)

C

Thanks LLT & GO TIKI I appreciate it a lot!

I want to thank all of you TCers for your support! and specially to the ones that insisted on making me believe in my self and work more, you know who you are, I consider you my friends, Thanks again!!

Tiki Candle Maker

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-04-05 09:26 ]

B

Nice ending to a great bunch of Candles Clarita. I just KNOW you are gonna sell out at that show. IF by chance they don't all sell, Ask tiky-Ray if he would post them here in our marketplace, I'm sure we would eat them up.

C

Thanks Benzart! I sure will! If I sold out at the TT&PP event I will make a bunch just for TC I promise, but lets see how it goes first.

Oh! and if some of you get a candle PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! post me pictures of their new home and friends! I would LOVE to see that!

Thanks for looking best wishes to you all!

H
harro posted on Fri, Apr 13, 2007 2:34 PM

I had the pleasure of meeting Clarita in a cool Buenos Aires bar last night and purchasing 3 of her fantastic hand-made candles - I can truly say that they are far more amazing and beautiful in the flesh than what could ever be described by words or pictures. The amount of dedication, love and passion that Clarita puts into her work is amazing!! It is truly is a labour of love for her. It was great to meet such cool, like-minded, friendly people while on my travels a million miles from home.

As Clarita wishes, here are some pics of my new friends in their new home (unfortunately it will take some time for them to join the rest of my tiki 'family' back in Australia) but these guys will add some much-missed tiki vibes to my otherwise bland downtown Buenos Aires flat.

(recognise anyone else in there Ben?)

Thanks again Clarita, look forward to seeing you, your friends and more of your work soon.
Tim.

those are simply THE coolest candles on the market. Great job Clarita! Bravo!!

Clarita,

Those candles and boxes are really well done, the box looks as valuable as the candle!
I like the way the "Larita" in your name Clarita kinda' looks like "Lapita". I don't know for sure that this was intentional but it is quite apropo as the Lapita were ancestral to some coastal and island Melanesians, Micronesians and the Polynesians.

Keep the Ki'i candles cooking,

S T

B

Yes Harro, I Saw that amongst those Beautiful candles. Beauty and the Beast!

C

Hey Tim Thanks so much!!! For your kind words for those great pics and for the tremendous big smile a have on my face right now!!! I'm very happy!! It was a pleasure meeting you really, you are great, I didn't thought I was going to be able to meet any TCer any time soon, We keep in touch, Thanks again :D

Thank you very much Pockytiki :)

Thanks Sneakytiki!! About the signature it wasn't intentional, I didn't knew about The Lapita, Thats incredible, thanks for the info

Benzart it was so great seen one of your pendants in real life, it has like some energy to it, the work is so beautiful and tiny, I love it!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 16, 2007 8:42 AM

Hi Clarita,

GROG saw Tiki- Ray this weekend and him give GROG gift from Clarita. Thank you for the candy. It tasted good, but was a bit waxy. GROG send Clarita PM. GROG looking forward to buying some of Claritas candles at the Tikis and Polynesian Pinups shindig in Rancho Cucamonga on April 28.

B

Benzart was delivered a Beautiful candle today and he looks Fantastic, Clarita, you are Really onto something here. You should really work on producing as many of these as you can for sale, they are Great. Thank you SO Much I Really love it! I didn't realize it was a candle HOLDER with a tea light inside which will make it last forever. You don't need to destroy it to get the beautiful effect.

C

I'm so glad you like him!! He look so happy there, in his new home, making friends!! (They are a little lonely here)
You make may day with this pics, I'm so happy right now!! Thanks a lot! :D

Tiki Candle Maker

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-04-21 08:27 ]

Hello Clarita!
Thank you so much for my tiki toti! He's so blue and beautiful! He's Blue-tiful! I haven't lit him yet,because I don't want his head to melt! Maybe on a very special day,but for now he's in my studio,Very close to my head while I paint! That way he can whisper inspirational thoughts to me as I paint! I gave him a friend to show him around,at least until he's met everybody!

He's living on top of my tiki shelf,which houses art supplies,old sketchbooks,and reference stuff! That tapa piece to his right is a Bamboo Ben original! A priceless masterwork!

Here's a wide shot showing the table where i work..

You can see him reeeeeeeeeal small in the right corner! He says he misses you,but is having a splendid time meeting all the masks and idols and paintings!
Thank you Clarita,my tiki soul sister!!!!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-04-21 19:18 ]

C

WoW! Thanks LLT, this is so Great !!! I can't believe He is really there, with all those incredible friends!! and will live at The Cave, watching you work! Is like seeing your kids go to College,I'm so proud!
I think the one at Benzart's is more like playing golf or fishing with his new friends!
And ones with Harro are going to have a lot of adventures traveling thru the world!

This is the greatest payment!! I'm Happy Happy Happy!! :D

C

Aloha everyone! I'm planing on posting candles on tikimarketplace, I'm just waiting for a picture of the ones that are available at the US. So if you what to order one is going to be plus shipping from California, and not from Argentina, that makes it imposible.The one in the picture above Tiki Fuego is u$30 (He's a candle holder made of paraffin wax, it has a little tea candle inside)

the one at the left, Tiki Tormento u$20, the other Tiki Toti u$15 (they are candles)

and the Tiki Taka u$10 (he's a candle holder made of plaster,a little tea candle goes in the top of his head)

I forgot to tell you that
All of them come in their boxes! Of course!! :D

they are entirely made by me including the box and all are signed
Best wishes to you all! Thanks for looking!

Tiki Candle Maker

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-05-31 09:21 ]

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-05-31 15:59 ]

I want a couple Tiki Takas! I'll watch for a thread in the marketplace.
Nice work, Clarita!

WoW!! I cant believe i've been missing this thread.. These are great! I REALLY down wit the tea-lite holders... I think I need a couple...

C

Thanks 4WDtiki & FB very much appreciated!

I've just started a list at Tikimarketplace check it out
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=24296&forum=12&0

On 2007-05-31 14:54, 4WDtiki wrote:
I'll watch for a thread in the marketplace.
Nice work, Clarita!

+1 can't wait!

Amy

C

Thanks 4WDtiki, FreddieBallsomic & Queen Kamehameha very very much appreciated! :D

Aloha TC! I want to share with you the first Tikis I ever made at 2001, they were a couple made for The Tormentos a great Argentinian surf band
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=18545808
to use in their shows

Until one of them get stolen at the BA Stomp (a big show featuring the phantom surfers)
And then the quest for the lost Tiki leyend was born
The Tormentos made a flyer looking for him

a song, and I think a video featuring Solrac's drawings
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=24286404
is being made.We still haven't found him...
But that's how the idea of making a commemorative candle came up and that's how I've made my first Tiki candle design

since then I've made three more(for now...)
Thanks for looking,Greetings to you all!

Tiki Candle Maker

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-06-04 10:58 ]

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-06-04 11:07 ]

I think i saw that Tiki in GROG's house a couple of weeks back!!! I was kinda Woozy from the Date-rape drug he put in my drink earlier,but I remember that tiki....Wow!
Just thinkin about that evening makes my fanny sore! :)
Seriously, great tiki! What did you carve it from?

C

LoL! Grog I want my Tiki back!!

The material I carve it from,here it's called Telgopor, I think the traslation is expanded polystyrene and over it has a mixture of gesso or spackle ,enduido,(I don't know how to say this needer) with vinyl glue, sand and paint

A

these are awesome! i love your design style. i am definatly going to order some.

C

Thank you very much arttard! :)
here's a link to the thread
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=24296&forum=12&3

Hi Clarita, wow! Your talent was evident right from the first tikis you carved. Sorry to hear about the lost tiki, but it shows how good you are that someone would go so far as to steal it. Hope you get him back some day. Tiki :tiki: god say Bad Juju to all tiki thieves.

Mrs Hoptiki

B

Clarita, It sure is nice to see your candles sitting on all these Tc'rs shelfs, they are Still so Cool unless lit, then they're HOT.

B

Clarita, You Snuck this tiki right by me, I had not realized you carved it. REALLY WELL Done, Did they ever Find it?
Now I can see why your candles are done so well.
:) :) :)

C

Thanks Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki, I appreciate it a lot, I agree that stealing a Tiki must give bad juju...

Thanks Benzart! yes I carve him, not out of wood,the material I carve it from,here it's called Telgopor, I think the traslation is expanded polystyrene and over it has a mixture of gesso or spackle ,enduido(I don't know how to say this needer) with vinyl glue, sand and paint,they were around 5 feet tall, They were a couple, here's one of them again,

We haven't found him yet, I still have hope...

C

Aloha everybody!
Here is what I've being doing lately...I wanted to show my gratitud to Tiki-Ray for his great great Tiki-help (he has helped me like only family does), so I've being thinking and homage to his carvings could be a way, but I'm not very good coping so I figure I could add a crazy shape to it...
I've being trying crazy ideas that didn't work...
and finally here it is...My BIG THANK YOU RAY! materialized in something...
Based on a Tiki-Ray original design you can see the original carving here
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=25079&forum=7&start=0&15
and here is mine,this is the clay model

and then I've made a candle holder copy made of plaster and candles

Sorry for the horrible pictures...
I've being doing some more of the other designs to send for the Tiki Oasis too...
I think Tiki-Ray is happy with his homage...I hope you like it too, best wishes to you all!

B

WWOOOWWWW, Superb.
Do you know more about shipping to France?

Benjamin.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 741 replies