Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Ben est là's stuff: 03/24 Creative Chimps' masterpiece in Paris !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 737 replies

I love this Tiki. I can't help thinking there is another hiding behind the bark, waiting to be exposed.

Great stuff

[ Edited by: AlienTiki 2010-10-12 11:37 ]

B

Laojia: Thanks dude, always there when one needs you.

Seek: Thanks my friends, in fact this piece (I think it is poplar wood) was kind of soft to carve because this log was chopped only a few days before the tatto show.

Yubaba: thanks dude, I've been in Orval, Belgium where I met my friend Laojia a few weeks ago ! Anything new from you ? Hope the kids are alright.

Alien: Thanks, in fact this piece had to be finished in 2 days... but now it's Virani's so everything can happen under the bark !

Mahalos,

B.

YO benjamin.......the tiki tribe over there seems to be in high gear lately. looks like ya had fun and found a home for the new tiki......cool design.....kinda looks like hes a tiki version of "the thinker".....going to be starting yours soon. my tile job is almost finished.......i gotta stop helping people and start focusing on my stuff(carving that is)

got any more stuff in the works?????

[ Edited by: Creative Chimp 2010-10-13 12:50 ]

B

Yo' Bennie, Great photos Great tikis, great friends, Keep up the good work.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Oct 14, 2010 10:08 AM

And GROG thought GROG was a lazy artist---you not even finish carving!

B

WOW, me crazy bastard, 5 month without any new thing to post :( :( :(

Thanks Creative Chimps, I've received a huge masterpiece from your way and I'm still crazy about it !

Thanks Benz, I visited Virani who is the owner and I can tell how many good times this tiki is having there !

Grog ... Thanks ?

The sunny weather's back here so I had the luck to take a few pix of Creative's masterpiece:

Hey John, a few dust fell here :wink: news soon.

The wedding gift for my sister who lives now in NYC:

Mahalo,

Ben.

V

Magnifique !

Your sista is very lucky this one is fantastic !

B

Hey Nico, thanks !

Shrunken tiki: thanks dude, hope to see you later with the tribe.

Mahalos.

heeey Benjamin,

great to see the tiki in paris.........are you close to the tower???? that would be a cool photo too. the tang you did for your sister looks cool. very different using the woods shape. love the cracks in it too....looks vintage...

i didnt see a beer in the photo???? whats up dude...????? ha ha ha ha ha

L

HéHé!
The beer come from brewery Vanuxem, town of Ploegsteert, Belgium. Containing 24 bottle of "queue de charrue", triple fermentation, a nectar!

This driftwood Tang is beautiful Benno!

See Ya Bro'!

J.

B

Hey John Thanks ! Laojia wrote faster than me ! In fact there are a lot of beers in the blue box behind the tikis... hmm there was because now there could be one and I'm not sure :wink:
I'm very close to the Eiffel tower (approx. 10 min. with a car) but the building in front of my window hide it :( If I have the time, i'll take a pix of him nearer.

Laojia thanks dude ! Hope to see you soon to drink a beer or 5 with you !

Mahalos

V

On 2011-03-25 09:33, laojia wrote:
HéHé!
The beer come from brewery Vanuxem, town of Ploegsteert, Belgium. Containing 24 bottle of "queue de charrue", triple fermentation, a nectar!

droool. I want that beer. How come I never have tasted that beer when I see you 2 ?

Now, back to tikis ! I love that last marquesan a lot. Go to work and do more tikis Ben !

B

Hey Virani, I'll keep one bottle for you :wink: Thanks for the marquesan dude but the carver is Creative Chimps who carved it (like a master carver I agree) from Red heart wood for a swap we made. The piece he'll receive from me is in production :)

Mahalos.

BUUUUMP!!!!!!!

where ya at benno???????

B

24 hours per day seems to be not enough for me to carve but... I'm on a marq for a floridian guy you might know :wink:

Mahalo,

Bennno

i know what ya mean......NO TIME!i still have one on the table i havent been able to finish for another french guy you know.........kids and work..NO TIIIIIME!!!!!

B

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And the 3 month old baby doesn't know of course how to walk... When he'll know how... it will be worse :lol:

Mahalo,

B.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 737 replies