Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Art show and Mug launch Dec16, 2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 21, 2006 1:48 PM

Aloho Everybody!

We had such blast at the last art show at the Tonga Hut,we decided to do it again!! You can do all your one-stop Christmas shopping at the Tonga Hut. The info:

December 16th. 7pm to midnight, same drill as before.

Holden from Tiki Farm will be launching a *NEW mug----Marqo Pollo by Señor Calamar. An edition of 300 selling at $20 each. Plus, Santa Holden says he'll have some more goodies as well, and will also have some free keychains and swizzle sticks for all the good girls and boys.And that's why we love him so.

Tiki Diablo will be there as well, and will be launching a NEW MUG TOO!

And of course, we'll have a great group of Tiki artist showing and selling their artwork and wares, including Crazy Al, prints by Derek Yaniger, Señor Calmar, Bosko, Bamboo Ben, Tiki Ice, and Atomikitty.

We'll be posting a flier soon with more details ( as soon as Squid finishes the damned thing!), and hopefully we can get some of the artists to post some pics of stuff they'll have for the show to whet your appetites.

Forget Walmart, GROG knows where GROG is going do all of GROG's Christmas shopping!!Discounted exotic drinks, plus more people working the bar, so everybody will be able to get their Voodoo Juices and Rhumboogies quicker than before. This is going to be another great night at the Tonga Hut!!!

*This "NEW" Marqo Pollo mug by Señor Calamar has a 2005 date on the bottom! I believe Holden is going to have to change his name to HOLDIN', because he's been holdin' out on us!!

See ya at the Tonga Hut December 16th!!

12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood,CA. 91606

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-01-23 23:19 ]

On 2006-11-21 13:48, GROG wrote:
Aloho Everybody!

We had such blast at the last art show at the Tonga Hut,we decided to do it again!! You can do all your one-stop Christmas shopping at the Tonga Hut. The info:

December 16th. 7pm to midnight, same drill as before.

Holden from Tiki Farm will be launching a *NEW mug----Marqo Pollo by Senor Calamari. An edition of 300 selling at $20 each. Plus, Santa Holden says he'll have some more goodies as well, and will also have some free keychains and swizzle sticks for all the good girls and boys.And that's why we love him so.

Tiki Diablo will be there as well, and will be launching a NEW MUG TOO!

And of course, we'll have great group of Tiki artist showing and selling their artwork and wares, including Crazy Al, prints by Derek Yaniger, some Squid dude, and some other great artists as well.

We'll be posting a flier soon with more details ( as soon as Squid finishes the damned thing!), and hopefully we can get some of the artists to post some pics of stuff they'll have for the show to whet your appetites.

Forget Walmart, GROG knows where GROG is going do all of GROG's Christmas shopping!!Discounted exotic drinks, plus more people working the bar, so everybody will be able to get their Voodoo Juices and Rhumboogies quicker than before. This is going to be another great night at the Tonga Hut!!!

*This "NEW" Marqo Pollo mug by Senor Calamari has a 2005 date on the bottom! I believe Holden is going to have to change his name to HOLDIN', because he's been holdin' out on us!!

See ya at the Tonga Hut December 16th!!

12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood,CA. 91606

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-11-21 13:57 ]

That's "Senor Calamar"... sounds more "South of the Border"!

D

Count me in, I'll be there!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 21, 2006 6:08 PM

Senor Calamar----fixed. Es muy bueno.

Should be there if all goes well on my surgery .

S
squid posted on Wed, Nov 22, 2006 1:34 PM

On 2006-11-21 13:48, GROG wrote:

Hey Groggy, ya whiney-ass. Here's the flyer/postcard in progress. Sleep is for sissies.

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Nov 22, 2006 1:43 PM

Awesome artwork squid! You gonna do prints of it?
Edit to add: jealous as hell, as always! hopefully I can get someone to grab me one of the mugs somehow.

[ Edited by: Paipo 2006-11-22 13:46 ]

S
squid posted on Wed, Nov 22, 2006 1:53 PM

On 2006-11-22 13:43, Paipo wrote:
Awesome artwork squid! You gonna do prints of it?
Edit to add: jealous as hell, as always! hopefully I can get someone to grab me one of the mugs somehow.

[ Edited by: Paipo 2006-11-22 13:46 ]

Thanks, Paipo! I love it when I can put down the sculpting tools and knock the rust off the old scribble digits.
Prints are in discussion. :) I hope so! Could be a neat little series to have one from each show. Be sure to bother Grog about it. Like maybe 20 PMs or something else really annoying. :)

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 22, 2006 2:23 PM

GROG not need 20 PMs!!!!!!! Bastard.

The art's looking awesome Squidster---GROG love that U.F.O. Nice touch.
See, you have talent, no matter what everybody else says. If you sell the original art for the invitation, it just
might have to end up hanging on GROG's wall.

We're getting final confirmations from the rest of the artists, so we'll have a complete list soon.

GROG saw a picture of the Marqo Pollo mug and GROG definitely knows what GROG's next mug
purchase will be. Squid, if you ever see that Senor Calamar guy, tell him he designs/sculpts a mean mug!!

Gonna be another great show!!!!

Wow Squid!
I bow to your flyer making talents.
How many 'squibble digits' does a squid have anyways?

Yay! I am SO EXCITED about this SHOW!

Don't miss it kids-when you hear the artist line up and goodies to be had, you'll think Christmas came early!

Yes, we will DEFINITELY look into making prints of that flyer-I love it!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Nov 22, 2006 5:35 PM

sweet...

Sounds like another fun time at the Tonga Hut! Grog- Any chance you can get them to add a third bartender? There were a lot of thirsty people last time!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 22, 2006 6:34 PM

There is going to be an extra bartender solely mixing exotic drinks. Don't worry, the drinks will be flowing faster this time. Plus, there will be plenty of rum on-hand, so there won't be an hour without exotic drinks.

On 2006-11-22 18:34, GROG wrote:
There is going to be an extra bartender solely mixing exotic drinks. Don't worry, the drinks will be flowing faster this time. Plus, there will be plenty of rum on-hand, so there won't be an hour without exotic drinks.

So......does this mean No Flair-Tending ??

Dang!!!

S
squid posted on Wed, Nov 22, 2006 9:07 PM

On 2006-11-21 14:32, Digitiki wrote:
Count me in, I'll be there!

You'd better be! I know you're in staggering distance so no excuses! See ya there!

S
squid posted on Wed, Nov 22, 2006 9:33 PM

SNEAK PEAK at Sr Calamar's mysterious creation, debuting at the show:

Squid very cool flyer, too bad in So. Cal. it hasn't gotten below 40 degrees, let alone snow. ha ha.
not razzin you, just mother nature, just wish it would finally cool down a bit.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sneak peek of my mug.

Squid,???... is that Jack Black's Nacho Libre Mask & Yarmulkas?? could swear it is!!............. :lol:

Tiki diablo nails it again . I love Marquesan style . Keep it up Danny

S
squid posted on Thu, Nov 23, 2006 1:15 PM

OOOOOOOH, Nice one Danny! Hold one for me please!!!

i'm so lucky to live in So Cal! the only snow i want to see in on Squids art flyer. Diablo that mug rocks! i want! i want! i want! Any ways guy thankyou so much for pulling together another local tiki event. If i can be of any assistance in pulling this off please let me know. basically my philosophy is that if its something you really enjoy then you should be willing to help make it happen.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the Tonga Hut again Party Time......! Tiki Diablo I'd love to have a mug. Can you add me to a list if there is one please. HiPhiPAHuLA!!!!!

Danny Diablo, Save me a mug also please, Tiki-Ray

Hey Tiki Ohana,

I think the BEST way to support your local tiki artists and bars, AND make sure you get yer hands on these awesome mugs is to COME TO THE SHOW!!!!!!

MEET ME AT THE TONGA HUT!
Saturday Dec. 16th 7pm-Midnight.
12808 Victory Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA

Hope to see you all there!

-Atomikitty

Course I will be there. Gotta buy my own Christmas presents...

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 25, 2006 2:04 PM

Our resident cephalopod-artiste-extraordinaire has finished his part of the flier, so it will be posted soon. We do have the final roster of artists, and they are:

*Holden/Señor Calamar----Tiki Farm--Debuting "Marqo Pollo" mug
*Tiki Diablo----Debuting "Dia de los Marquesos" mug
*Tiki Ice
*The one and only Crazy Al.
*Prints by Derek Yaniger
*Susanne Mosher aka "Atomikitty" aka "Suzy the Drink Goddess"

AND

Whoops! Not THAT Bosco..... THIS Bosko!

PLUS

The one-----the only (Thank God!).........

P.S. Love ya Ben!!!!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-11-26 22:31 ]

S
squid posted on Sun, Nov 26, 2006 8:35 PM

Big show in the parking lot after the event! Reverend Ben Von Braun will be demonstrating his chiminea launching techniques to all interested parties. Please wear safety goggles and Kevlar vests.

T

Does the bus stop by your place?

On 2006-11-26 20:35, squid wrote:
Please wear safety goggles and Kevlar vests.

Ola Señor Calamar,
I heard a Rumor that you will be debuting your line of Kevlar vests at the show?

Is this true? Either way I can’t wait.

S

Just as I thought, Boris has a mole in the SquidLab. Damn.

DON'T YOU MEAN GRANNY BORIS?

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 27, 2006 12:46 PM

??????

??????? Don't you remember the "Tiki items for the Kitchen" post with Granny Boris?
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=21668&forum=5&start=15 :lol:

TI

Our web site is under construction, but their is a picture with some of our products. tikiguys.net I will see if our web guy can put up more detailed pics asap. Look forward to meeting every one.

On 2006-11-27 13:12, little lost tiki wrote:
??????? Don't you remember the "Tiki items for the Kitchen" post with Granny Boris?

Thanks for remembering Little Lost Tiki. I'm looking forward to seeing you again, I'll buy you a drink and then I'll wiz on you car. True Story.

• Granny Boris
S
squid posted on Mon, Nov 27, 2006 3:56 PM

On 2006-11-27 13:33, Tiki Ice wrote:
Our web site is under construction, but their is a picture with some of our products. tikiguys.net I will see if our web guy can put up more detailed pics asap. Look forward to meeting every one.

Here ya go Mr. Ice. Stole it from the Minnie's thread. Lookin' good!

TM

Hi Squid!!!!!!

TI

Thanks Squid ur faster than my web guy. Want a job? LOL.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 27, 2006 6:20 PM

How do you color the ice sculptures to make them look like wood? :)

here's a little something i found....

OOPs! I think I lost it....What image? I didn't see anything!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2006-11-28 10:27 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 27, 2006 11:28 PM

Hey! Kinny colored the flyer!! Green snow? Well, at least it's not yellow.
I keed, I keed.

GROGSTER

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-11-28 18:27 ]

I don't know what you're talking about! I just found it and posted it! The colors are a bit more retro in person,tho! The blackline is darker navy,the green is more of a very light teal meets a lot of seafoam green.Like I said, Squid must have left it over here or something. that's the only way it could have fallen into my hands! UNLESS you and kirby have been casing my home! Hmmmmmmm? MUG WARZ?

TI

Thats an exellent question Grog.

MG

What's up boys!

S
squid posted on Tue, Nov 28, 2006 8:46 PM

Howdy Mean Gene and Lucas Vigor! Y'all gonna be at the show?

Please excuse the low resolution wishy washy look. OK here goes:

Rumor has it that there may be some 8.5 x 11 prints of this available at the show with enough room for the artists to scrawl their illegible signatures. Ask Grog to make an "X" and be patient, you may have to help him!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 28, 2006 11:47 PM

Nice stuff Squidster.Thanks for the flyer.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 28, 2006 11:48 PM

double-post. D'oh!

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-11-28 23:54 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies