Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Art show and Mug launch Dec16, 2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies

K
kirby posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 5:19 PM

Way to get this thread under control calamar...

WOOOHOOOOOO! Soccer Tiki and I are looking forward to spending another evening at The Tonga Hut. Can't wait to see what kind of stocking stuffers we can get our hands on :)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 10:19 PM

SON-OF-A.......

GROG start this thread and it going along nice and smooth and then----" Is that RUZIC up ahead beside the tracks?" And next thing you know..........

So now we're promoting MUG WARZ with artists as Mexican wrestlers!!!!!

So then Atomikitty try to steer thread back on track and-----" Is that SQUID up ahead beside the tracks, what's he doing?" And next thing you know.........

Flea market?!!! What the......

BAD SQUID!!! BAD!! BAD!!! BAD!!!!!!!

BASTARDS!!!!!!! GET OFF GROG THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-14 22:49 ]

K

All rise, the honorable Grog T.Rogladite presiding!!!!

Order in the court!!!

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-12-15 00:12 ]

S

Grog should watch Grog's back. Remember last death match???...

I heard that in the marine corps Ken led a special forces team.
I found there patch

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 1:00 AM

Yeah, they were "special" forces, alright.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 1:03 AM

On 2006-12-14 23:42, squid wrote:
Remember last death match???...

Yep.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 1:04 AM

Kirby's got it right!!!!

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-15 01:05 ]

S
squid posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 9:00 AM

Curses!!! Foiled again!!!! Now I gotta go back to pickin' on Ruzic...

TI

Doe's any one work around here or just sit on photo shop all day? Wow this thread if you want to call it that has taken on a life of it's own. Under control yeah right, mabe 17 pages ago Bu#*@^it.

Hahahahahahaha.

S

OK, I'm sorry for derailing your thread Groggy. Consider this my atonement and an attempt at making the thread the total class act that it once was.

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-15 16:31 ]

TI

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol.

On 2006-12-14 10:10, little lost tiki wrote:
BE VERY AFRAID!!!!

GROG you will pay for making light of my Marine Corps Special Unit Parade Dress! Our motto in Nam was "Death thru Dancing!" You will also pay for giving Kirby your sweet affections! I thought we had something going that was good and right and true!!! And now! Reduced to making out with Senor Amarillo in one of Squid's Used Autos! Oh the shame!
And Grandma Boris...You even come near my truck and I'll rip your Kevlar Squid vest to shreds! DISMISSED!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!! More Marine pic's!

BTW Squid, do you think there will be any cowboy tiki mugs with a kitty's head at the flea market? I have looked everywhere!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2006-12-15 12:17 ]

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2006-12-15 13:05 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 1:44 PM

Ooooooo, very elegant Squidster. Now we're getting a little class on this thread. Now if we can just keep Kinny off of here..........

Sheer f*@king comedy!! I wish I could videotape tomorrow's antics. As some famous chinese

philosopher once said dig a hole deep enough and everybody'll want to jump in.

S
squid posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 4:15 PM

On 2006-12-15 15:19, alohacurrent wrote:

Sheer f*@king comedy!! I wish I could videotape tomorrow's antics. As some famous chinese

philosopher once said dig a hole deep enough and everybody'll want to jump in.

**What?! What's so freakin' funny, bub?!!! I don't find no stinkin' humor in any of this. This is serious art dammit!!!!

You wanna piece o' me, huh? Mess wit me and you mess with Groggie!!!

Capiche???**

P
Paipo posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 5:28 PM

I don't see how the event can possibly live up to the anticipation this thread has created, but I'll be looking forward to the pics! Don't forget to take your cameras folks!

All kidding aside, on very very very very very very very very very very
very very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very very serious note, my wife and I, in a rare hunting and gathering expedition, will venture off our island (hill, whatever) and make an appearance at this event. It will be nice to meet some of you, nice to see a few of you that I have not seen in at least a couple of years. Squid, trying to get T. Gore out before he heads to our company party (which I am ditching.)
My birthday is coming up in the next few days so I expect you guys to role out the spank machine.
See you tommorow,
TT

o.k. I'm being totally serious when is someone going to make a Grog mug?

I would really like one.

Don't know how this event can live up to expectations???!!!

C'mon, we got LOTS of SURPRISES!!!

Grog and I may even bust out our famous 'Robot' routine. . . Watch what you ask for people!

There will be shenanigans. . .oh yes, shenanigans will be had. . .

OH! And ART BUYING!!!

See you all tomorrow! : )

K
kirby posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 8:41 PM

Update on the new tonga hut Tshirts...we will have aprox 50 shirts available for $15 each or $30 for two..We will have 2 colors available black and maroon with gold ink...they will look kinda like this...

I will also have only 20 limited addition tiki pendents available at the show so first come first serve on those.but I will be making more that will be availabe after the holidays...mahalo and see you at the show...

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 8:50 PM

Lookin' good, Kirbs.

GROG was wondering if Holden is actually going to explain why this Marqo Pollo mug is made by "Señor Calamar" and why does it have a 2005 date. GROG knows the story, but Holden asked GROG nicely not to say.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-15 20:51 ]

K

we have officially hit bottom..someone please lock this thread before he removes the sticker,for gods sake somone might poke an eye out...

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-12-15 22:13 ]

Just thank your Lucky Tiki Ben didn't post the pic of the "Grog Log"

Chongolio

Hey, it looks like Ben's dropped a coupla pounds!!

On 2006-12-15 22:38, Chongolio wrote:
Just thank your Lucky Tiki Ben didn't post the pic of the "Grog Log"

Chongolio

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13043&forum=18&start=105&108

S

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GET OFF GROG THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

DJ LEE CONFIRMED! Groovy vinyl to make you feel all warm and analog for the holidays.

S

On 2006-12-15 22:03, RevBambooBen wrote:

Damn... L@@k how long that sticker is.....

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 16, 2006 3:25 AM

On 2006-12-16 02:10, Hiphipahula wrote:
Damn... L@@k how long that sticker is.....

Yes, that's an impressive sticker, much better than the FIRST version.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 16, 2006 3:35 AM

Squidster, GROG thought you said you got rid of all the riffraff. Sheesh!

GROG is impressed with your subtle, yet effective, advertising as well.

Hanford must be pulling his hair out on the way to buy more memory for the tikicentral server
server
server
server
server
About the event,
any Buffett Margarittaville merch going to be there?
will there be beer or bacardi silver electric lemonaide, or is it all those nasty mixed fruity cocktails?
do I have to dress tikki or can I wear my church clothes (just got new suede elbow patches for my biege corduroy dress jacket)
is the jukebox any good, i like some old school R&B when I am drinkin (Boyz 2 Men, New Kids on the Block, Etc.)
I hope you guys are all cool, I don't want to get bored
TT

TIKITANKED SEZ....

I hope you guys are all cool, I don't want to get bored

No, sorry! Ben is kinda cool, but in a creepy kind of way...... GROG,Kirby and Squid and all the others are unfortunately.....are POSEURS! But we love 'em anyways! :)
This thread don't need a Ruzic derailment! Seems to be doing fine on it's own! Can't wait to see Ben's "Angry Inch" live and in person!!!!!! I think it would win hands down against GROG's "Tinymite Dynamite"! :lol:

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2006-12-16 09:28 ]

S

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 16, 2006 10:13 AM

GROG hope we have SOMEBODY show up for this thing! This thread probably did more to scare people away than to get them to come. We'll see the 3or4 you who are brave enough to show up tonight!! Good luck!!!

P.S. Don't park behind the businesses west of Tonga Hut, or you might get towed.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-16 10:14 ]

Hey I ,ll bring my air compressor and a gallon of fiberglass resin bondo , a grinder , and a bunch of paints so you guys can whip up a bunch of mugs & tikis . man the smell of resin & paint in the hut, cant wait . ow were should I park

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 16, 2006 10:56 AM

Anywhere but next to Ruzic's truck.

On 2006-12-16 10:56, GROG wrote:
Anywhere but next to Ruzic's truck.

Grog- You still buying drinks for those of us that pee on Ruzic's truck???

Hope everyone one has a blast, family emergency so we have to skip out. Next time, will hopefully meet most of you in the future.
TT
P.S. Tiki Diablo, if you have a marquesan mug left please hold it for me.
Thanks

[ Edited by: tikitanked 2006-12-16 17:37 ]

Senor Calamar!

More to come.

Last night's Tonga hut Tiki Wonderland/MugWarz event ended in tragedy last night as Senor Calamar attempted his patented
"FireJuggle Great White Body Slam" during a heated match with TikiDiablo on stage....

Grog's Chair got set on fire and GROG immediately ran in fear dragging the flaming furniture throughout the building and setting the place ablaze!

Patrons quickly exited,but only one door was unlocked...JeffBigTikiDude commented, "It was like a Fire had started in the Building!"

It was consumed in minutes....

Many of the participants,including the Beloved Bamboo Ben, who was changing into his costume in the dressing room at the time of the tragedy....
Here is the last known picture of him....

Also lost in the conflagration was Tiki Ice,who was found at the doorway in a puddle!

It is also rumored that Polynesiac may have had something to do with locking all the exits! When reached for comment, this was his only response....

Also lost in the fire was Senor Amarillo aka Kirby (above left) who was last sighted attempting to pee out the flames! His girlfriend Polly appeared to have survived the blaze....(Call me Sweetheart! :wink: )
The main suspect GROG the animal, was last spotted with a mysterious beautiful girl in a polka-dotted dress earlier in the evening....He may have also have perished in the blaze...

Also the criminally insane Bora Boris is also involved somehow....
The whole Tiki Community is saddened by this tragic event....Senor Calamar visited the sight earlier this morning and was found writing Memorial signs and Prayers for the families of the dead.

December 16th is a day that will we from now on refer to as the "Great Tiki Tonga Hut Fire of '07"...
They will all be missed! Stay tuned for any further news on victims and survivors....
We're starting a relief fund for the victims' families and the survivors in the hospital!
Send all cash and checks to either myself or Senor Calamar and we'll see that they are used properly... :lol:

visit http://www.kenruzic.com for a Grand Old Time!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2006-12-17 14:01 ]

Clockwise from top left Tiki Diablo’s Dia de los Marquesos mug, Awesome Bosko stuff, Coconut monkey and Brady Taboo Necklace from Atomikitty, My Tonga punch in a Squid Tiki on the Beach mug as space filler. Amazing Tiki Ice sculptures and some Tiki Ice literally. I'm tired.

TikiBong, Tiki Ray & SoccerTiki

Polly,T.H. Owner, Rebecca & Dave-owners of The Purple Orchid

Cheeky Girl, Pi Phi Ro & Bong

Little Lost Tiki...Lord help us!

Polly, Squid, MakeDaMug (da Hardest Working Man in da Mug Biz), Pi Phi Ro

Grog, Bong & the Rev. Bamboo Ben

Paul, Grog & Ben

Ben swears he made this in his own likeness!!!

Big Tiki Dude (Jeff), Chongolio, Kirby and Little Lost Tiki (Ken)

Ken, Bong and Ben

SoccerTiki pays Ben for his masterpiece and all are happy!

Mr Tatoo Arm...Sorry we forgot your name!!! Please let everyone know who you are.

WooHooWahine and SoccerTiki outside the Tonga Hut after seeing soooo many very cool artists and tiki freaks!

I can't find my Bosko and Tiki Diablo pix!!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-12-18 09:06 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 17, 2006 5:19 PM

On 2006-12-17 12:54, Bora Boris wrote:

Clockwise from top left Tiki Diablo’s Dia de los Marquesos mug, Awesome Bosko stuff, Coconut monkey and Brady Taboo Necklace from Atomikitty, My Tonga punch in a Squid Tiki on the Beach mug as space filler. Amazing Tiki Ice sculptures and some Tiki Ice literally. I'm tired.

Thanks Bora Boris for actually posting pictures of some of THE ART from the art show.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies