Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Art show and Mug launch Dec16, 2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies

Actually Dave, they do! I still can't believe this thread will hit 20,000 views today or tomorrow! Do you realize how many minutes have been stolen from all these fine ladies and gents! Also, shouldn't GROG be on the list too, since he also posted after his warning?

K

On 2007-01-17 16:21, little lost tiki wrote:
Actually Dave, they do! I still can't believe this thread will hit 20,000 views today or tomorrow! Do you realize how many minutes have been stolen from all these fine ladies and gents! Also, shouldn't GROG be on the list too, since he also posted after his warning?

Good point, LLT!
Maybe GROG should move to the head of the line since GROG started this thread in the first place...seems only fair to me...
:D
K.

Groggy,
Please put my name on that list,I can't stand being left out of anything.

Is this the list for the Grog mug? I was too far down on the Ohana Hut list and missed getting one of those but it looks like I'm in the top ten here. Oh yeah, will it be a regular mug or Chia mug? I want to know if its dishwasher safe. With thirty pages though, I'm not holding much hope. Since it snowed in LA yesterday maybe we can have the Winter Wonderland at the Tonga sooner than December 16th?

All the world is a stage and all men and women merely players, they have their entrances and exits and one man in his life plays many parts. William Shakespere

Life is a state of mind

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-01-18 10:11 ]

Wow!
Way to go Boris! Viva Revolucion!
Somebody call WooHooWahine so we can get a list together!
The Tonga Hut must hate Ernie denying all these customers (with bulging wallets and alcohol cravings) entry to that fine establishment! I wonder if he even cleared this rash action with the owners....Hmmmmm that headshot TikiIce suggested may be in order....

Add my name... a list good or bad I need to be on it!
We need an official t-shirt for sure to be turned down in the Tonga Hut line. Losers! Who's fault is it anyway???
GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!

And Kinny?............??? WHO SHOT GROG!!!

Jack Ruby! Duh! :lol:

Music is the best. - F.Z.

Dude, I love that graphic. Lenoard Von Drat use it for profile on myspace. Do you know where it came from? I think it may have been from an early Rat Fink movie but not sure. Who is F.Z.?

Chongolio

Oh jeez, I went off topic and now I am also on the list. SUPER CRAP!

J

Hey Everybody! Let's welcome Chongolio to "the list!" Yay!!!

It's okay, Chongo! You're in good company here!

Damn, add me to the "list". I got busted today by my boss lurking around in this thread. I wonder if I can get Grog's paycheck docked too!

S

On 2007-01-18 16:42, Chongolio wrote:
Music is the best. - F.Z.

Dude, I love that graphic. Lenoard Von Drat use it for profile on myspace. Do you know where it came from? I think it may have been from an early Rat Fink movie but not sure. Who is F.Z.?

Chongolio

Oh jeez, I went off topic and now I am also on the list. SUPER CRAP!

Yo Chongo! HodadHankerchief sent that to me. No bloody idea where it came from but I'd love to find out. FZ=Frank Zappa. Where are ya Frank? Our gub'mint needs a good verbal whoopin'! Oh shit....I fell for your off-topic trap. Curse you Chongolio!!!

Fool me once...uh...shame on...uh....

Mystery solved!
That loop is taken from GROG's Family Reunion,notice the resemblance? :lol:
Put me on that list.....TWICE!

O

If the mug is gonna look like one of those guys playing then someone else can have mine. Sorry Grog, please take me off the list.

TI

This thread is a state of mind, who's I'm not sure. But definitely a state of mind. Now about those T-shirts of THE LIST. Sold idea put me down for one. This reminds me of a Beanee & Ceasal cartoon. Hello Ana did you know Grog was going to stop us from coming to the Tonga Hut on Dec 16th? LOL

TI

You know guys this not like Grog to be so quiet. Maybe he's been replaced with! Dare I say it? HELL NO.

I'm thinking by know,
he,
aka Grog,
is knee deep in,
DOH-NUTS!!!!
Put me on zee list too, Beee-Atch!!!

You'll be sitting alone at the next show !!!

Arrr!!!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jan 21, 2007 2:53 AM

And the list just keeps on growing.

GROG a bit BUSY right now, you bastards. Yep, D'OH-nuts.

On 2007-01-18 10:03, little lost tiki wrote:
Wow!
Way to go Boris! Viva Revolucion!
Somebody call WooHooWahine so we can get a list together!
The Tonga Hut must hate Ernie denying all these customers (with bulging wallets and alcohol cravings) entry to that fine establishment! I wonder if he even cleared this rash action with the owners....Hmmmmm that headshot TikiIce suggested may be in order....

Little Lost Tiki ~ Your #1 on the List :wink:

TI

Well I'm thinking the below the belt is more in order. You know we must save the ladies first, it's the honorable thing to do.

J

On 2007-01-21 11:42, Tiki Ice wrote:
Well I'm thinking the below the belt is more in order. You know we must save the ladies first, it's the honorable thing to do.

Ah, Sir Ice! Always the gentleman! It's good to see someone around here has a little respect for us women-folk.

If Trader Vics hits the dust, with Sam's being somewhat gutted and redone, The Tonga Hut will be one of the last surviving examples of LA 50s tiki, along with possibly Bahooka's.

Tiki-Ti is 1961.

[ Edited by: christiki295 2007-01-21 19:28 ]

H

Tonga Hut has always been one of the few 50's tiki bars still in operation in L.A.

I can't wait til the December 16th show!
My Time-Loop Machine is finally working!

TI

By the looks of that picture you should set it for when you were 21 or you won't get in. I was thinking maybe we should have an out side parking lot BBQ at the Tonga Hut day this summer. Maybe a show and live band combined. What does every one think? Naturally we would need the owners input.

Great Idea TikiIce! Outdoor BBQ and Bands and all dat! They wouldn't let me in the Tonga Hut (it's 1968 where I am right now! ) It looked happening! Here! Let me try a few minor readjustments on the Time Loop Machine and.......

Damn! My little fingers aren't able to grasp the mechanism properly!
Let's try again......

Oh dear......

On 2007-01-21 02:53, GROG wrote:
And the list just keeps on growing.

GROG a bit BUSY right now, you bastards. Yep, D'OH-nuts.

GROG, is that why they're calling you Ernie K-D'OH?

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance 2007-01-22 13:56 ]

LOL...crank back the machine, bound to see a cute baby butt soon

TI

Are you sure you want to go their? Might be to much visual information.

On 2007-01-22 12:01, little lost tiki wrote:
I can't wait til the December 16th show!
My Time-Loop Machine is finally working!

"Quiet You"

Chongolio

Only Chongo would have the monkey mind to bust out Peabody and Sherman! :lol:
You get extra points for that one!

TI

Maybe we should move him near the top of the list.

I heard somewhere that you had to have a TC Membership Card to get on The List.

J

Oh my! A brand new line crosser! Welcome to the list Daves Not Home!

No card required! Just a smartass attitude and a common dislike for all things GROG! :lol:

O

So how many mugs are going to be offered? Did I make the list soon enough?
Is it going to be a Grog Chia Mug? Is it dishwasher safe? Simple questions really.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jan 23, 2007 10:27 PM

You guys force GROG to take drastic measures.

On 2007-01-23 22:27, GROG wrote:
You guys force GROG to take drastic measures.

I'm shakin in my boots...
what are ya gonna do, put me on a list?
uh oh, scared o'that!
:P
k.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies