Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Art show and Mug launch Dec16, 2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies

Attention! Attention!
Kirby has just released his PUBLICITY SHOT for MUGWARZ! He will be participating as SENOR AMARILLO! and even tho he pees on pickup trucks (true Story!) He is not YELLOW in the Ring!

T

Man, sucks I can't be there. I have been pumping iron in the gym for months straight to be the guy who comes out from under the ring and takes all the cheap shots. MUGWARZ!!!

Thanks for the poster, Squid.

(it also makes some Qué barbara wrapping paper for Christmas)

Sabu

TI

My Little Lost Tiki Jim or Ice is good, I would never crush a woman's head. Spankings yes, crushing heads no. Look forward to meeting you to. Al have a safe trip will meet you next time.

<
Concrete table set/ with cushions.

[ Edited by: Tiki Ice 2006-12-13 12:42 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Ice 2006-12-13 12:44 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Ice 2006-12-13 12:45 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Ice 2006-12-13 12:47 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Ice 2006-12-13 12:47 ]

TeaKEY wrote:

I have been pumping iron in the gym for months straight to be the guy who comes out from under the ring and takes all the cheap shots.

The only Cheap Shots we take around here look like this!

Great to see the Tiki Ice Rappers are gonna be joining the fray....Ninja stylee!
Refreshments Anyone?

TI

Save at least 3 for me. Thats a starting point anyways.

Tearracotta table set.

Aye yi yi! This is to gonna be too good too miss. So look out, cuz I am bombin' down, getting a cervesa, a corn on a stick and gonna watch the mayhem ensue! See you all on Sat!
I took the liberty of taking LLT & Squid's graphic and putting it on a shirt at Cafepress for anybody who wants one. I didn't mark it up at all so it going for the base price Cafepress offers of 13.99. Pick yours up at Cafepress

S
squid posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 2:04 PM

On 2006-12-13 12:33, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

(it also makes some Qué barbara wrapping paper for Christmas)

Neato keen idea Sabu!!!

T

you mean I can get this shirt in an 4XL. I might just have to do that.

S
squid posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 2:07 PM

On 2006-12-13 13:43, Chongolio wrote:
Aye yi yi! This is to gonna be too good too miss. So look out, cuz I am bombin' down, getting a cervesa, a corn on a stick and gonna watch the mayhem ensue! See you all on Sat!
I took the liberty of taking LLT & Squid's graphic and putting it on a shirt at Cafepress for anybody who wants one. I didn't mark it up at all so it going for the base price Cafepress offers of 13.99. Pick yours up at Cafepress

CHONGO! You are the man! Don't let Senor Mugoomba see it though. You know how those sleezy promotors are. He'll be wanting his cut...

5337 VIEWS! AND THIS IS BEFORE THE ACTIVITIES ACTUALLY BEGIN! OUR WORK IS DONE BOYS! UNTIL THE NEXT THREAD DERAILMENT! :) GOOD WORK CHONGO! THAT POSTER WAS JUST A WARM=UP! WAIT FOR OTHER UNOFFICIAL POSTERS AT THE NEXT FUTURE EVENT I GET BARRED FROM!
CHONGO AND I WILL BE SELLING REFRESHMENTS AND CHICLETS DURING THE DEATHMATCH!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 2:13 PM

On 2006-12-13 11:25, little lost tiki wrote:
Attention! Attention!
Kirby has just released his PUBLICITY SHOT for MUGWARZ! He will be participating as SENOR AMARILLO! and even tho he pees on pickup trucks (true Story!) He is not YELLOW in the Ring!

Peeing on the losers head will be my signature finishing move so watch out...

On 2006-12-13 14:07, squid wrote:

On 2006-12-13 13:43, Chongolio wrote:

CHONGO! You are the man! Don't let Senor Mugoomba see it though. You know how those sleezy promotors are. He'll be wanting his cut...

Senor Mugoomba has already started class action against one said Chongolio BUT... if Senor Mugoomba can fit his fro through the neck opening (often a problem) then Senor Mugoomba will file a cease & desist.

On 2006-12-13 15:12, MakeDaMug wrote:
Senor Mugoomba has already started class action against one said Chongolio BUT... if Senor Mugoomba can fit his fro through the neck opening (often a problem) then Senor Mugoomba will file a cease & desist.

Looks like I may have to head south and keep going until I hit Mexico. I hear you can get a lawyer pretty cheap down Tijuana way. (Knock off Mugs too!)

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2006-12-13 15:45 ]

I'd be careful Chongo!
Senor MUGOOMBA has many connections down there as well...Just stretch out the collar of the t-shirt before you give it to him! Or shave his head while he sleeps....

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 4:08 PM

speaking of tshirts, i just got word that the brand new official tonga hut t-shrts designed by me will be available for $15 bucks...there gonna look sumthin like this...but i think the accual shirt will be redish...

GREAT FIERY PELE you guys!!!!
I try to stay off the message boards for ONE DAY so I can get some COCONUT MONKEY PAINTING DONE, and look what happens!!!

Squid-thanks for posting the 'lucha atomikitty' promo shot from my wrestling days. Good times, good times. Where the heck did you find that? E-bay?
Hope fully it will dispel those nasty 'school marm' rumors floating around. . .

Please note people, that in the poster Little Lost Tiki found, Squid so nicely made available, and Chongolio expertly made into shirts. . .That NONE of those characters are willing to take me on and face the wrath of 'atomic cat scratch fever!!!!' Meeeeooowww! Ffftt! Fft!
Not to mention my marauding monkey minions. . .oh, I like the sound of that. . .

Bosko and Kirby-thanks for joining us! For the rest of you, don't be scared, come on in, the water's fine! (Says the expedition leader from the cannibal's cook-pot.)

Little Lost Tiki- there may be a grudge match throwdown you thread stealing bastard! I haven't been able to post on my own thread for 2 days!!!! I blame your photshop voo doo. Watch your back mister! Your little ice cream friend can't protect you forever!!! : )

Kirby-YOU KNOW WE LOVE YOU!!!
Unfortunately, until we can expand the Tonga Hut on either side, up a level or two, and out into the parking lot, there just isn't enough space for all the amazing tiki talent in every show!

We are absolutely blown away, and oh so thankful for all the interest and excitement about these Tonga Hut Art Shows! We are trying our very best to keep it fair and make sure that everybody who wants to participate gets their night to shine!

The T-shirt design is great, and that pendant looks AWESOME!-Put me down for one. : ) Now, that being said, if you are still feeling slighted, be warned that if you pee on my white leather Go Go boots-it's ON!!!!!

Chonglio, so glad to hear you will be joining us! My Santa Cruz Ohana!

Al-Have a safe trip. Your tiki Ohana wish you and your family well.

Two new items of business re: THAT ART SHOW THINGY!

1• Feeling the need for the tiki wahines to represent, I am happy to announce that the HILLBILLY HULA GAL will be selling her wares at the show! GORGEOUS tropical and holiday hair flowers, as well as AMAZING handmade tiki hairsticks-these make great gifts!

I expect all artists at the show to model these lovely hairflowers with me. GROG, I guess we can scotch tape one to your head or something. : )

2• ANNOUNCING A VERY SPECIAL OFFER/CHALLENGE TO ALL TC OHANA!

See you SATURDAY!
Mahalo!
-Atomikitty

KIRBY SEZ

speaking of tshirts, i just got word that the brand new official tonga hut t-shrts designed by me will be available for $15 bucks...there gonna look sumthin like this...but i think the accual shirt will be redish...

Or you can download the Free Unofficial MUGWARZ shirt/print it out on computer transfer paper/ and iron it on a shirt for FREE!
MUGWARZ!
Been wondering where Ernie was all day! Found him playing with his dolls....

AND Rollerskating!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2006-12-13 16:20 ]

SHOW ME THE MONKEY PEOPLE!!!!

Anyone up to my challenge?

S
squid posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 4:57 PM

On 2006-12-13 16:47, atomikitty wrote:

Anyone up to my challenge?

Dang! I'm glad we're not gettin' in the ring together! Ease up on the caffeine Miss Kitty!

On 2006-12-13 16:14, atomikitty wrote:
2• ANNOUNCING A VERY SPECIAL OFFER/CHALLENGE TO ALL TC OHANA!

Ok Suzy,

I accept your challenge and will move heaven and earth to find you a coconut monkey to exchange for a discounted print on Saturday night! (whew! lucky I picked up a coconut monkey at a garage sale last week). You'll recognize me as the guy who looks like GROG if GROG was man enough to be carrying a sacrificial coconut monkey.

Sabu

T

See ya at the show ...

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2006-12-13 22:11 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 8:27 PM

Just keep picking on GROG Ruzic, and see if you're EVER in another art show at the Tonga Hut!!!!!!

We'll miss you at the show Al. Sorry for your loss; have a safe trip.

On to some more art show BUSINESS:

• No mugs will be sold BEFORE 7pm.

• Holden told me there will be a limit of 2 Marqo Pollo mugs per person. It is a limited edition of 300 and they are
    $20 apiece. Any that don't sell at the Tonga Hut that night will be sold from his website for $25+shipping. Santa Holden
    will also have some free swizzle sticks and keychains for the good girls and boys.

*Street parking and parking directly behind the Tonga Hut is fine, but don't park behind the businesses West of the Tonga
Hut or there is a chance you might get towed.

• Squid did get some 8.5x11 color prints of his flyer he designed for the Tonga Hut Winter Wonderland and they will be
    available for $5 each, signed by Squid with plenty of room for other signatures from participating artists if you can get
    the surly bastards to sign.

*Kirby's pendants and shirt design he made for the Tonga Hut are for sale by the Tonga Hut.

*Bamboo Ben is carpooling down with Holden, which indicates to GROG that Ben is most likely planning to get drunk
since Holden is driving. So, if you have paper wallets, leave them at home.

*Ken Ruzic's truck will be the dark truck with the big wet spot around it, so don't piss on just any truck and expect GROG
to buy you a drink.

• Anybody who doesn't bet on Atomikitty to win the wrestling match is taking the sucker bet.

Damn you Grog!!

What did you get me into??

Just as I thought my Tiki carreer was booming...

I get mixed up with a bunch of thugs and wackos!!!

I'll never learn!!!!

Is it true that the Blue Hawaiians are gonna play ????

Although I should be spending money on other people this time of year I’m really looking forward to spending a bunch of money on myself this Saturday.

And peeing on Ruzic’s Truck

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 9:14 PM

This whole show is specifically designed to end your career and reputation, B-Ben. Don't worry, GROG is being drug right down into the mire with you.

Haven't heard anything about any Blue Hawaiians playing, but there will be some there to drink.

Hey Tiki-Ray. Thanks for the:

S
squid posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 9:17 PM

On 2006-12-13 18:16, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

Ok Suzy,

I accept your challenge and will move heaven and earth to find you a coconut monkey to exchange for a discounted print on Saturday night! (whew! lucky I picked up a coconut monkey at a garage sale last week). You'll recognize me as the guy who looks like GROG if GROG was man enough to be carrying a sacrificial coconut monkey.

Sabu

I think you're pretty safe on that one. Grog would have to posses opposing thumbs to actually carry the monkey.

Speaking of SPAM...

We're having a 50% off sale from NOW till the 23rd at the Bamboo Ben hut @ 712 Yorktown ave. Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648 714-960-1860. Open on the weekends from 11-4-ish and during the week by appointment...please call 714 960-1860 for appointments...or, by chance, during the week when we're there, by chance....( not out on installs)

The pieces that I bring to the art show will be 10,000 ea. so,....finger it out!!! They are Works of Art. ( lol!!!)

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 9:32 PM
  • Squid wrote:*
    Grog would have to posses opposing thumbs to actually carry the monkey.

But you don't have to have opposing thumbs to spank the monkey, just ask Kirby. He had this little Spider monkey named Kinny who was just a pure trouble-maker. Kirby was having to punish the little bastard ALL the time. Everytime I called him, he said he was spanking his monkey. Finally he had to get rid of him because he spent most of his day spanking his monkey.
Now that crazy little monkey has nothing better to do than post on this thread making mock photoshop pictures
posters. He's becoming such a nuisance on here, pretty soon everybody on TC will be spanking the monkey.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-13 21:48 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 9:56 PM

On 2006-12-13 21:28, RevBambooBen wrote:
Speaking of SPAM...

We're having a 50% off sale from NOW till the 23rd at the Bamboo Ben hut @ 712 Yorktown ave. Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648 714-960-1860. Open on the weekends from 11-4-ish and during the week by appointment...please call 714 960-1860 for appointments...or, by chance, during the week when we're there, by chance....( not out on installs)

The pieces that I bring to the art show will be 10,000 ea.

The price for B-Ben's art is in PESOS!!!! This IS a Mexican wrestling event don'tchaknow!

And Ben, Thanks for the SPAM.

I was kinda on the fence about going as there is a band playing on Sat.
that I wanted to go see.
But after readign this thread, and all that I missed inthe past 10 days. I have to be there.
that and a last chance to see, say goodbye to Chongolio before he ups and leaves for Hawaii.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S

Ok folks. Looks like we have to tie up some loose ends here. Apparently some people actually think there will be a live wrestling match and that LLT will be selling snacks from his vehicle. This is pure unadulterated farce for the amusement of TC viewers. I repeat: FARCE.
This is a freakin' art show and mug release party and I expect everyone involved and all attendees to treat it as such.

Now that that's out of the way.

Come to Crazy Squid's House of Wheels!

You are cordially invited to meet me out back after the show for some amazing deals on quality used vehicles. I can assure you that each and every one has been thoroughly test driven by our Quality Assurance staff and will pass California emissions tests. One night only! Behind the Tonga Hut. Saturday December 16th! Cash only please.

On 2006-12-13 22:46, squid wrote:
Ok folks. Looks like we have to tie up some loose ends here. Apparently some people actually think there will be a live wrestling match and that LLT will be selling snacks from his vehicle. This is pure unadulterated farce for the amusement of TC viewers. I repeat: FARCE.

Can I still where my wrasslin' mask and should I bring churros ?

Chongolio

PS. May the Farce be with you

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

S

Indubitably!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 11:55 PM

E tu Squidus?

Derailing, and now spamming. This thread is spiraling to the depths of hell quicker than Kirby's cold, black, shriveled soul. This thread is about so much other stuff, any mention of the art show is almost spam in itself.
Just shoot GROG now and put GROG out of GROG's misery.

K

Thanks sellin me this awsome ride early squid.. this bad boy is a chick magnite... I already found my date for the show..

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 12:00 AM

You just like GROG because GROG puts out. Bastard!

S

Oh Gawd....Who gave Kirby the crack copy of Photoshop we've all been sharing?

Speaking of SPAM
Chongolio and myself will be selling Chicles and Churros in the back parking lot close to CRAZY DAVE"S PARKING LOT OF QUALITY AUTOS... We are having a Special Deal! A free Chicle with every Churro purchase! And don't forget our Special on Flan Ice Cream-half off!
And what's all this talk about spanking some monkey?I think all of Suzy's Monkeys should Spank GROG!!! Right on the fanny!!!
and anyone caught peeing on my truck will NOT receive a Christmas Card and WILL receive the full brunt of my previous Marine Corps training!
PEACE OUT!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 9:58 AM

On 2006-12-14 08:57, little lost tiki wrote:
and anyone caught peeing on my truck -- WILL receive the full brunt of my previous Marine Corps training!

Be afraid. BE VERY AFRAID!!!!

BE VERY AFRAID!!!!

GROG you will pay for making light of my Marine Corps Special Unit Parade Dress! Our motto in Nam was "Death thru Dancing!" You will also pay for giving Kirby your sweet affections! I thought we had something going that was good and right and true!!! And now! Reduced to making out with Senor Amarillo in one of Squid's Used Autos! Oh the shame!
And Grandma Boris...You even come near my truck and I'll rip your Kevlar Squid vest to shreds! DISMISSED!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 10:33 AM

D

Tonga Punch.......................$5.00 (plus tip)
Senor Calamar's Marqo Pollo Mug...$20.00
Photo Shot....................... $150.00

This Tread ........................PRICELESS

This Tread ........................PRICELESS

Dibroc MISSPELLING "THREAD"
ULTRA-PRICELESS! :lol:

Speaking of Spelling.....
Hey Senor Amarillo! I think you got a spelling error on that new Tonga Hut pendant!

Tango Hut?!?!?!?!? :lol:

And finally, as per Atomikitty's Request

I found this shot after googling "coconut monkeys-wrestling-robots".....Truly a spectacle of Delight and Doom!!!!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2006-12-14 12:22 ]

ONLY IN AMERICA.....

:lol:

On 2006-12-13 21:28, RevBambooBen wrote:
Speaking of SPAM...

The pieces that I bring to the art show will be 10,000 ea. so,....finger it out!!! They are Works of Art. ( lol!!!)

How are you going to fit 10 Thousand pieces of $1 Bamboo into Holden's car? And I thought they were works of Benji, who's Art?

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 5:08 PM

Howdy again. Calamar here.

Well, Grog is working hard for "THE MAN" today and asked that I try to get a handle on this totally out of control f*&^%@#d up thread.

Silly caveman! I'm taking over!

First we need better promotion than the piss-poor inter-nets postings he's been doing. Let's do this professionally for a change shall we? First we need a really cooooool logo. Something with "bling". Zazzy yet unpretentious:

See how easy that was?
OK, we have our rad logo now. What do do with it.....hmmmmmm....How about billboards! They're cheap to do AND tasteful! Lots of people will see billboards. Then they'll drive right to the show. This is so easy!

What about pedestrians? How will they find out about our boss art show thingy? You got it! MOBILE billboards. A whole fleet of 'em. I whipped up this prototype in about 2 hours. Kinny and Kirby are such good lads (Hey, they're not even in show!) that they're hard at work as we speak knocking out 30 or so in their barn.

Was that so freakin' hard?! I don't think so!!! You'd think Grog could help out but, nooooOOOooo. He's a capital "A" Animator and can't be bothered with it, now can he? But I digress...

You're also going to need aerial advertising for maximum exposure at the beach and all those other hard to reach spots. I got a great deal on leasing this space and I get a free ride if I sign a 12 month contract!!!. Now that's good marketing strategery!

See, it was really easy and I got a lot of bang for my buck. Get it? HA!
Which reminds me: That's another thing that's missing from this whole thing...HUMOR. DAMMIT I WANT MORE HUMOR!!! PEOPLE LIKE HUMOR. TAKE A MEMO!!!!

Anyway, as long as you've got the buzz going (paltry as it is) on the inter-nets, why not lure them in with an awesome, zany slide show of the last Tonga Hut art thingy deal? HUH? Check it!

Buyers line up anxiously awaiting the arrival of Tiki Tony and his new mugs. FEEL THE EXCITEMENT!

More buyers in absolute awe of the grand selection of visual delights. OOOOOOOOH! Squint real hard and you can make out Johnny the Pinstriper chatting up the ladies.

Our buddy Grog was waaaay busy dealing with the hysteria of crazy money flying about for his specialty wares!!! Things got kinda HAIRY! HA!

Little Lost Tiki has always been known for his vibrantly colored fantasy extravaganzas. This time was no exception!

WHOAAAAH! Customers go mad as Tyger Jymmy, Squid and Kirby announce a 50% off sale after their 4th Tonga Punch.

Well....who do we have here? Yup, our very Atomikitty before her Coconut Monkey phase. Frankly I like her earlier work better. It was all... KITTIES!!!

Last but not least we see DJ Lee spinnin' hard (look really close, way back there) with his pal Crazy Al hammin' it up on the coconuts! I got a great deal on a rusty tap and die set from those guys. I think they're just swell.

Dang, that was easy-peasy!!! What's all the fuss? Sheeeesh. C'mon Groggie. Git wit da program!

Now lets tie this whole thing together, shall we?

Lastly, in your media blitz you need to give the customer an incentive. It's a small price to pay to give them a discount or a freebie in order to entice them into buying crap and drinking themselves into oblivion.

Atomikitty's already on the case with her Coconut Monkey Redemption Scheme..er...um...Program. Bring a monkey, get 20 bucks off a print. Simple enough. Atomikitty's scheme will net her huge volume sales which will counteract any "discount" she may have given. AND she bolsters her monkey collection to boot! WOW! Think she's smart?

Nuh-uh....

She missed out on the obvious cash cow. Studies show that in the frenzied search for a proverbial "bargain", most customers will actually pay MORE for the monkey than the 20 dollar redemption value. Which brings us to Crazy Squid's Discount Coconut Monkey Sales Tent in front of the Tonga Hut before the show. Only $30 bucks a pop. But I digress yet again.

Further flaunting our Madison Ave savvy, we shall offer the ultimate consumer incentive. THE COUPON. The coupon accomplishes the same objective as other incentives with the added bonus of having the ability to see just how many consumers you've reached!

Ladies and Gentlemen....the coupon. Use it wisely.

This completes our marketing package. See you at the show and please, no wagering.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies