Tiki Central / California Events

The Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Art show and Mug launch Dec16, 2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies

On 2006-11-28 23:48, GROG wrote:
double-post. D'oh!

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-11-28 23:54 ]

Double D'oh?

arrr

( my keyboard is jacked. i get no last letters or esclamtions. arr)

ps. can't wait to see Lucas Vigor....

I think this is going to be something to remember. Who's this Bosco guy, eh Ernie?

Wow this IS gonna be a good one...we can't wait!! Great selection of artists! Both new mugs look killer, from what I can tell that is...

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 29, 2006 7:24 PM

On 2006-11-29 08:40, Tiki Diablo wrote:
I think this is going to be something to remember. Who's this Bosco guy, eh Ernie?

GROG not too sure who this Bosko guy is, But GROG like chocolate, and anybody named after chocolate is fine by GROG.

Diablo dude, are ya'll going to sell any Oki Oki mugs that you and this mysterious Bosko dude sculpted together?

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 29, 2006 7:31 PM

On 2006-11-29 13:05, Aloha John wrote:
Wow this IS gonna be a good one...we can't wait!! Great selection of artists! Both new mugs look killer, from what I can tell that is...

Yes, it's a heck of a lineup of artistes, fer sher!!
GROG thinks Señor Calamar will probably post a pic of Marqo Pollo without the wrestling mask sometime in the future. GROG believes he is just trying to build up suspense. (DAMN YOU CALAMAR!!! GROG not like being teased!)

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-11-29 19:33 ]

Maybe I can make this, thanks Grog!

Amy

N

Hey Grog, look on the back cover of a certain tiki magizine and you will see the mug. Shuuuuush! dont tell anyone else.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 30, 2006 11:13 PM

Oooooo!! You're right. It's not the current issue, though. (oops! Maybe GROG said too much)

GROG hope you can make it Amy. The last one was a blast and this one looks to be even better!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 1, 2006 9:44 AM

GROG not want to tease everybody like Señor Calamar, so GROG post picture of Marqo Pollo mug.
GROG apologize picture out-of-focus and GROG finger in pic, but that best picture GROG have.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 3, 2006 11:45 AM

Did GROG mention that Bamboo Ben will be there adding some muscle to the event?

P.S. Love ya Ben.!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-03 11:52 ]

Oh man!

That's disgusting!!!!!

Damn you Grog!

I'm surprised you didn't make me sitting on the toilet

on that 3rd picture!!

I'd show some of my artwork for the show

but I havn't done anything yet.

I have a question.

Is this an ART SHOW or a vending thing?

I hope it's an ART SHOW because I'm gonna make some ART for this SHOW.

( I'm gonna do it C'Al and Holden stlye and start my stuff 2 days before the show!!!! arrr!! :wink:

Might even bring some of my past ART or pre tiki ART ( or pre New Poly Pop explosion tiki ART) into the mix.

Or, mix my past ART with the tiki ART, I do now.

Or, something like that!

We'll see what happens 2 days before the show.

p.s. Might just pee in a jar and stick a tiki in it.

And, place it on a pedistal!

ART???

S
squid posted on Sun, Dec 3, 2006 8:55 PM

Hey Grog-
Who is this "Bamboo Ben" guy? Do you know his REAL name? Ever notice that you never see him in the same room at the same time as, say,...um.... Eleanor Roosevelt? HMMMM? Have you seen any of his stuff? How do we know he's not just buying crap at the Pier 1 outlet mall in Peducah, Kentucky and re-selling it?
And how do we know aliens aren't controlling his mind either, HUH? Betcha hadn't thought of that! Well I did! For all we know, he could be a Soviet spy or a member of the Illuminati or an NSA wiretapping expert. For God's sake man, do your research before booking these people!!!! The safety of the community is at stake!!!

Y'know I haven't printed the flyers yet and I can take his name off if you want.

Just askin'.

M

Will there be cool art at this event?

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 3, 2006 10:28 PM

On 2006-12-03 22:10, MTKahuna wrote:

Nope. Just a bunch of tiki crap.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 3, 2006 11:22 PM

Squidster, GROG had to research Bamboo Ben before GROG started the Bamboo Ben comic, so GROG knows way too much about Bamboo Ben's history, and believe GROG, it's not pretty. He does have an extreme hatred for paper wallets that knows no end, and he's got a bit of an ornery streak, but all in all it turns out he's a pretty stand up chap.

But if you look at the roster of artists, they're all a bit suspect.

Holden: Now just what exactly IS he holdin', and why? Hmmmmm.

Señor Calamar: Obviously a pseudonym for Dave C***n aka Squid. Anybody with this many aliases is trying to hide something. And why name yourself after a squid. We've all seen how dangerous they are from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and the Kraken from pirates, or even the original Sealab 2020.

Tiki Diablo: Danny calls himself a tiki devil. We're talking Satan here! He's definitely evil.

Bosko: Mr. Mysterious!!!! He uses only one word for his name. He's obviously trying to hide something! He uses sharp tools as well as power tools. Hmmmmm.

Derek Yaniger: He only signs his name DEREK. One word name----hiding something. He lives in Georgia (definitely has LOTS to hide). He's sending prints, so that means he must have warrants in California, because he's too scared to come out and sale prints himself.

Crazy Al: Heck, he's got "CRAZY" in his name, does it need to be any more spelled out?!! The guy wears bones in his hair and beard for godsakes! GROG not EVEN going to ponder where they came from!!

Tiki Ice: Never met the man, but he must be a gangster rapper, he's got ICE in his name. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't served time for "putting a cap in somebody's ass" just as an initation into whatever gang he was in.

Susanne Mosher: Have you seen this girl? Her body has SIN written all over it! She serves that evil ALCOHOL to people making them loose control of themselves and doing all sorts of wild and bawdry stuff that they might not normally do had they been sober. And she paints coconut monkeys! Who paints coconut monkeys?!!! She is definitely the most suspicious one of all.

So you see, Squidster. Bamboo Ben taken in context with the rest of these "artists" is by far the least of GROG's worries.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 3, 2006 11:41 PM

On 2006-12-03 18:19, RevBambooBen wrote:

ART???

That's not what THIS is?

S
squid posted on Sun, Dec 3, 2006 11:53 PM

Good question! Trust me, it will ALL look good after the second Tonga Punch. I would suggest drinking first, then viewing.

Heck, that's what the "regulars" there did at the last show. They came in to drink about 2PM and when they turned around from the bar (3 hours later), POOOOF!, cool art everywhere. They even said so! Well, at least that's what I think they said. It was kind of slurred and I didn't want to get too close but the look in their eyes said "COOL ART!".

Hope to see ya there!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 4, 2006 7:44 AM

GROG thinks DEREK Yaniger's art is pretty cool. GROG get the prints today, and there will be
two of each of the following available for purchase:

Plus Tiki Ice's stuff is downright cold. Get it? Tki ICE/cold? Thank you. GROG be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-04 12:56 ]

GROG sez...

But if you look at the roster of artists, they're all a bit suspect.

Well, has anyone looked at GROG's rap sheet? Hmmmmmmmm.....
Mono-syllabic....Brad (tikishark) has "vanished AFTER GROG's venomous posts to him....
One word name.....suspected of being E........ K........ who does Bamboo Ben character assassinations regularly for Tiki Magazine..... He drinks and cavorts with women of questionable virtue.....He gambles.....He's way behind on the Evolutionary Chain......He's named after an alcoholic drink imbibed by PIRATES!!!! Plus, Most innocent people have hair......He lives in a cave and has a Club......He's gonna eventually murder Kirby, it's just a matter of time.......He also uses the phrase "pretty stand up chap" (Could those words come from his Eliza Doolittle School of Identity Change Classes he's been attending? I could go on and on.....especially seeing as he still owes me some bucks and a ciggie for a paddle he "bought" last show! Who knows WHO he will hurt with that thing! Reports are that one girl's bottom has already been reduced to Ground Beef with that thing! I call for an Immediate Citizen's arrest of GROG to be carried out at the Tonga Hut on the 16th of December! And remember "Ernie" when you point a finger at someone, four point back at you! :)
Oh, and I know what Holden's Holdin! THE GOODS!!!!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 4, 2006 12:52 PM

On 2006-12-04 08:29, little lost tiki wrote:
when you point a finger at someone, four point back at you! :)

GROG only pointing one finger-----at you LLT.

P.S. Love ya Kinny! Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You're quite the pretty stand up chap.....i suppose!
Indubitably!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 4, 2006 1:30 PM

On 2006-12-04 13:06, little lost tiki wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You're quite the pretty stand up chap.....i suppose!
Indubitably!

And just what is THAT supposed to mean!? Nothing wrong with knuckle-walking!

On 2006-12-03 18:19, RevBambooBen wrote:
Oh man!

That's disgusting!!!!!

Damn you Grog!

I'm surprised you didn't make me sitting on the toilet

on that 3rd picture!!

I'd show some of my artwork for the show

but I havn't done anything yet.

I have a question.

Is this an ART SHOW or a vending thing?

I hope it's an ART SHOW because I'm gonna make some ART for this SHOW.

( I'm gonna do it C'Al and Holden stlye and start my stuff 2 days before the show!!!! arrr!! :wink:

Might even bring some of my past ART or pre tiki ART ( or pre New Poly Pop explosion tiki ART) into the mix.

Or, mix my past ART with the tiki ART, I do now.

Or, something like that!

We'll see what happens 2 days before the show.

ART???

ARRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrT!

What has this post become?
Will ya look at yourselves?
Here we are all squabbling and fussin
about Tiki and Art and each other
and we've forgotten the true meaning
of the season....
Why all the vicious posts
What we really should doing is
Citizen's Arrest GROG for the Holidays!
Get 'im! Dirty Knuckle Dragger!
Indubitably!
:)

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 5, 2006 12:15 AM

Dirty thread derailing bastard.

To all those coming to the Tonga Hut on December 16. GROG will buy each person a drink who pisses on Ruzic's truck. There must be proof of the deed, either a photo (camera phone is fine) or a reliable witness, or even GROG witnessing.

GROG will even bring a stick and only charge twenty-five cents to poke Kirby if Kirby comes to the event. That's dicounted from the previous Tiki art show.

So, two more good reasons to come to the Tonga Hut December 16th.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 5, 2006 12:19 AM

And did GROG mention Crazy "Owl" will be there? He's a real hoot.

He's always good for a laugh or two.

K

Well, since I am an East Coast citizen, I can't be there. I am sooo disappointed... I'm afraid I will be depressed for days(where's my quart o' chocolate ice cream?)...Everyone have a drink for me
:drink:

RevBoo, what shirt will you be wearin'?(MaiKai, anyone?) :D
K.

TI

Wow don't know what to think of all this but hay i'm still a newbie. I think i'll just chillllllllllllll for awhile and check out things on the 16th.

TI

Hey Grog you weren't suppose to talk about my past. Remember I have ( THOSE ) pictures.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 5, 2006 7:26 PM

GROG not worried. Ramboo Ben got GROG's back!

Damn you GROG!!!

Hey Flourdough, I forgot about that shirt! Hankx for the reminder! ( how do I post on Ebay??)

As for the ART show, I nailed down my series and it will

be filled with every Color of the Rainbow.

Think very Colorful Tiki stuff.

I'm thinking SQUID will dig it the most!

Peace out Hippies!!

p.s. GROG. you need to get a wig.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 6, 2006 8:54 AM

A Bamboo Ben wig?

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 9:34 AM

It's confirmed....Color 8.5 x 11 litho prints will be for sale the evening of the show for a measly 5 bucks! Yup, only 5 smackers! They will already be signed by me so you can drag them around to the other inebriated artists for their illegible scrawls.

No, I will not sign them "To my favorite eBay bidder". :)

It will look like this, only better:

K

On 2006-12-05 21:01, RevBambooBen wrote:

Hey Flourdough, I forgot about that shirt! Hankx for the reminder! ( how do I post on Ebay??)

:lol:

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 4:41 PM

I'll take a print, I'll need it shipping cause I'm where the Moai actually do look like thAT. Hey, still waiting to see those new mugs from anyone.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 4:46 PM

Hey Squid, that's cool! Get it? Cool? It's a neat picture plus it's all covered with snow and ice. It's a play on words.
GROG clever that way.

(Whoa! Deja Vu moment there. Ever get the feeling like this has all happened before?)

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-07 18:16 ]

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 5:46 PM

On 2006-12-07 16:41, teaKEY wrote:
I'll take a print, I'll need it shipping cause I'm where the Moai actually do look like thAT. Hey, still waiting to see those new mugs from anyone.

PM me with your info and I'll arrange the print.

Diablo posted his mug. Look back in this topic. Mine will be up shortly. (Don't EVEN take that opening Grog!)

On 2006-12-05 00:15, GROG wrote:
Dirty thread derailing bastard.

To all those coming to the Tonga Hut on December 16. GROG will buy each person a drink who pisses on Ruzic's truck. There must be proof of the deed, either a photo (camera phone is fine) or a reliable witness, or even GROG witnessing.

GROG will even bring a stick and only charge twenty-five cents to poke Kirby if Kirby comes to the event. That's dicounted from the previous Tiki art show.

So, two more good reasons to come to the Tonga Hut December 16th.

I know what Ken's truck looks like....Grog, if I pee on it twice do I get 2 drinks?

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 6:25 PM

Yep, 2 pees on Ruzic's truck=2drinks. Limit 1 pee/drink per hour.

GROG found out today that Kirby WILL be there, so GROG bringing a stick to poke Kirby. You guys bring your quarters. Maybe if enough people buy pokes, it'll offset the drink money GROG will have to spend on people pissing on LLT's truck.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 6:28 PM

On 2006-12-07 17:46, squid wrote:
Mine will be up shortly. (Don't EVEN take that opening Grog!)

But it's soooooooooo tempting!!!!!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 6:37 PM

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-07 19:36 ]

S
squid posted on Fri, Dec 8, 2006 9:38 AM

Marqo Pollo: UNMASKED.

ONLY 20 BUCKS! And it comes with a signed numbered card. I'll also be happy to put my X on the mug if you want. See ya there!

The 16th is still 8 Days away. Can't this show be tomorrow instead? I don't feel like waiting any longer.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 8, 2006 12:34 PM

You're right, Squidster. Put some yellow hair on top sticking up like a monchichi and it WOULD look like Ruzic.

Nice mug Señor Calamar!

:music: monchichi, monchichi, so soft and cuddly...:music:

kick ass mug's 'yall!!!! I'm looking forward to coming up!

S
squid posted on Fri, Dec 8, 2006 2:55 PM

I'm getting a lot of inquiries about purchasing Marqo Pollo from ohana that can't be at the show.

Any mugs not sold on the night of the show will be sold at TikiFarm.com for $25 plus shipping. Sale date will be announced on the website. Thanks!

T

Hey Squid , you have to hold one for me and I will pick it up at the Tonga Hut next Sat. You owe me . After all I did give you my rock from the Bahooka .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies