Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Art show and Mug launch Dec16, 2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies

Look! It's Kirby! Grab your Clubs!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 9:47 AM

GROG quits! The art show has been canceled!( Or at least it should be, dammitall!!!!)

QUICK! GROG'S DOWN! GET 'IM!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 9:50 AM

GOT OFF MY THREAD!!!!!!!

On 2006-12-12 09:50, GROG wrote:
GOT OFF MY THREAD!!!!!!!

I think we are all getting off ON your thread my lil Neanderthal friend.

S

On 2006-12-12 08:31, RevBambooBen wrote:
what can you guys do to give this thread a shot in the arm?

Reverend Boo, the nurse will see you now...

I think Bamboozled Ben should post some of the supposed art work he's been yakking about on this thread! That would be a shot-in-the-arm! Unless, of course, he was just bluffing...... :)

TI

Leave for a few days and look what youv'e done! De Ja Vuh. Reminds me of my kids when they were 3. NO PARENT COULD EVER CLEAN THIS MESS UP! Spankings for all the girls-boys your grounded on the 16th hehehehehe. Oh the guy next to me is BOB.

YOYO!
TIKI ICE IS IN THE HOUSE!
SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T CHECK POSTS?
CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU AND YOUR COOL TIKIS AT THE TONGA HUT!

S

Yo Ice, Ice, baby!
Obviously you are tempting fate posting a photo of yourself. You know that in this age of electronicalized miracles and such, ne'er-do-wells like LLT can actually take that picture and do very, very bad things to it!!! Don't say I didn't warn ya....

Are you and your crew splitting sets with DJ Lee? Anything on the rider Ernie should know about? You know, like, No Red M&Ms, 6 chilled bottles of Stoli, case of creamed corn?

S

Oh yeah and bring "Bob" so we can play "Hi Bob".

After my near death injury at the 73 championships in Mexico City I swore my wrestling days were over, forever. But I am warning you once the mask comes off its no holds barred and I’ll be demonstrating my patented “marro grande” smash hold on a certain “dashing” amigo!
That poster is genius, if you make a tee shirt or poster I’m in!
Look forward to seeing everyone.

Bosko “Senor Mysterioso”

TI

Oh my Little Lost Tiki thats the UCLA BRUINS & Seattle Seahawks.
This is just a little Ice teaser for what will be at the Tonga Hut. thats a Black Widow by the way. No Black Widow Tikis Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

[ Edited by: Tiki Ice 2006-12-12 12:06 ]

You are one Cold Dude Mr. Ice! (I'll address you as "Mr." and "Sir" from now on as you look like you could crush a rock with your bare fists!) Hopefully we can get you and BOB to destroy GROG for us all! And look! TIKIBOSKO is in the HIZZY! I do believe he may come out of retirement just to give Dashing Al Evans the come-uppance he deserves! Wait! What's a come-uppance?
Did I mention that I'll be selling refreshments during the Death Cage match?

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 12:51 PM

On 2006-12-12 08:31, RevBambooBen wrote:
what can you guys do to give this thread a shot in the arm?

Hell, it doesn't need a shot-in-the-arm, it needs to be shot in the head!!!

S
squid posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 1:05 PM

Whooooaaaaaaah. Bosko posted AND came out of retirement.
He's definitely serious about takin' down Dashing Al.
HMMMMMM....Haven't heard Al chime in for awhile. Training? Carving?.....CHICKEN?

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 1:09 PM

Not CHICKEN!! OWL!!!!! Rememeber, earlier in the thread--- CRAZY OWL!

S
squid posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 1:11 PM

OK, OK. Either way I'm crying "FOWL!"

Atomikitty seems to be missing from the mix as well. What's your take on this Groggie?

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 1:19 PM

ARE you insinuating that because both she and Crazy Al haven't posted, there might be something going on there? Hmmmmmmm........ Nah! She's just too smart to get mixed up in all of this, and Crazy Al is just too busy painting Fez-wearing monkeys to sell on e-bay.

But, they do have this whole "monkey" thing in common................hmmmmmmmmmm..........

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-12 13:21 ]

Well here it is! The Official Senor Calamar Lucha Libre mask specially ordered from the depths of the Pacific Ocean! It is being held in an undisclosed location until Saturday's Big Deathmatch/PhotoOp...Here's a Sneak Peek...

Here's a close-up into the Tentacled Face of Doom! Tiki Diablo doesn't have a chance!!!

Here's a side view(as worn by Senor Calamar's Midget Ku Assistant....)

Here's a close-up of the Side of the Face of Doom!

and the Back as he walks away from his Defeated Opponent!

and of course, the Top of the Head...This is what the victim sees right Before a
Lethal Head Butt! "SC" is in the House! YO!

Any of you other wrestlers wanna post your masks before the show? Hmmmmm?

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2006-12-12 20:05 ]

On 2006-12-12 11:30, squid wrote:

Hey Squidwerd!!

Ever play " don't drown abe??"

Mush better than Bob.

We'll do it at the Artists dinner you're flippen for!

p.s. How tall are the ceilings at the Tong???

Dammit! I wish I had photoshop on my home computer so I could... um, create marketing materials and things like that! Ah f#*k it, I wanna photoshop Grog onto a Donkey!!!

I want a poster of all those images. It would make a hilarious wallpaper for my computer at work. Great job, can't wait.

T

Well my money is on Tiki Bosko and Tiki Diablo . They have been paired up since the first time I saw them together at the Tijuana bullfights in 1968 . And they were actually fighting BULLS bareknuckled !
I will be there next to LLT in the parking lot selling Chicklets , firecrackers and tikiware out of my horsecart. Get there early to pick out a good mattress to sit on . Tiki-Ray

S
squid posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 9:58 PM

On 2006-12-12 21:16, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2006-12-12 11:30, squid wrote:

Hey Squidwerd!!

Ever play " don't drown abe??"

Mush better than Bob.

We'll do it at the Artists dinner you're flippen for!

Not familiar with Abe but it sounds intriquing!
Holden's buying dinner. He's the big shot manager. He's taking 50% of Lucha ticket sales and the rest goes to Ruzic for vending in the parking lot.

And speaking of vending in the parking lot...

Leave the children at home!!!!!

S@#T !!!

Leave the children at home! And little dogs too! i have to stay at least 100 yards away from them! :)

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 10:59 PM

Art inspires art. An homage to the great Squidster.

All Bow before Ernie-Master of photoshop! Soooooo Beautiful and fantastical!!!! Truly an Homage to the Baddest-Ass artist of the Tiki Brat Pack! Good work the both of you! Now get some last minut training in!

When Winter Wonderland is long over Holden has invited us all (why who knows) to the Mugoomba on the 30th for:

Jawaiian Holiday tunes. I can't wait to attend both!

K

Since i wasnt invited to be in this show i had to fanagle my art in some how so here is some stuff im doin for the tonga hut and will be available the night of the show..
the tonga hut tiki pendent...

And this is what the new tshirt will look like

S

On 2006-12-12 22:59, GROG wrote:
Art inspires art. An homage to the great Squidster.

Duuuuuuuuude! That is awesome!!!!

I'm gettin all teary-eyed, but I'm still gonna have to kick yer ass in Guerros de los MUGS! Have you forgotten what this thread is about? Hours and hours on Photoshop while the rest of us are in training. I pity the fool...

S

Hey Grog, Still no chiming in from Atomikitty or Dashing Al. I did find these at 7-11 though...

kick ass pendant kirb! see ya saturday!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 8:29 AM

On 2006-12-13 00:29, squid wrote:
Hey Grog, Still no chiming in from Atomikitty or Dashing Al.

They're off "monkeying" around somewhere.

Glad you liked the "homage". Thanks for the inspiration,GROG have fun doing it.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 8:38 AM

On 2006-12-12 21:38, MakeDaMug wrote:
Ah f#*k it, I wanna photoshop Grog onto a Donkey!!!

After GROG had posted the photo of Kinny as Liberuzic in the little red, white and blue outfit,
Ruzic Photoshopped GROG on a sheep but he took it back down shortly after he posted it. GROG guess he wanted to fix GROG's placement a little better, because he had accidently placed GROG behind the sheep as if GROG had slipped off the back.

All Right!
Pipe Down!

I was saving this for the Show,but the increase in Photoshop Identity theft is running rampant!
Myself and my Sidekick "ConeyBoy"
have built a robot that I can control during the MUGWARZ match!
This new Robot body has the strength of 100 Fat Old Kens COMBINED INTO ONE!
You're ALL going down! I may even tear the Tonga HUt down WITH MY BARE MECHANICAL HANDS!
YOU ARE ALL DOOMED!
I'll be tackling Kirby first!

1. for peeing on my truck (true story) and
  2. for somehow weasling into the Match without proper authority!
    Senor Amarillo (Kirby's Wrestling name-it means "Mr. Yellow")
    YOU ARE GOING DOWN!
CA

Crap..... death sucks..... I've to bum out all the fun here....

I had an Uncle pass away in Chicago yesterday morning..... Dad's younger brother.
I have not been back to the windy city to see folks since i was 13. Doubt if there will be time to see the tiki sights.....

So i'm blowing off the Tonga, and my Nephew's paint-ball war Birthday Party on Sunday!!!... just to sit in a Church and grave yard...
f-ed up with emotions..........

should be in the 50's instead of the 0's ....... they say........

have fun on Saturday........ no need to respond.. Thanks in advance..... don't stop the fun posting here on my account....

S

Shootz. Sorry for your loss Al. We'll be thinking about you.

That is a sad thing! Take care Al! It's good you're going to comfort your family! Your Tiki family will see you at the next grand event!

S

Well, folks asked for it. They begged for it. They pleaded and whined and acted like spoiled trust fund kids with some sort of twisted entitlement syndrome. To them we say:

PRINT YOUR OWN DAMN POSTER, CHEAPASS!

Just go to:
http://www.squidart.com/tongahut/GUERRAPOSTERcopy.jpg

Save the image to your computator thingy. Then search for it for about 15 minutes. When you find the damn thing, open it in some sort of graphics program. Then print it out in low-fi goodness. You can even print it on to t-shirt transfer paper but for gawdsakes flip the image over if you're going to do that, you ungrateful masses you. Otherwise you'll be really embarassed when you show up to the match with a backwards print. (Like WE won't be embarrased when you show up!)

Don't ask me any freakin' tech questions. Grog types with more fingers than I do and he doesn't have as many on his hands. Plus I'm not even smart enough to use a Mac, like Grog.

Peace out,

Calamar

Squid- You ROCK!!!

Thanks for the poster!!!

And hey, while I'm kissing your okole, please put me down for one of the event mugs if there are any left after the Battle Royale is over.

-haloz!

Hey Squid,
Could you do that with the official Tonga Flyer so we don't have to buy prints at the show?

S

Yo Lee's-
No problem. You were polite and well-mannered. Thank you for not spoiling it for the rest of the class.

As far as mugs, that's a Holden thing. Any leftovers will be sold on tikifarm.com. I suggest you find a local mole to do your evil bidding and get one for you at the show.

Calamar

S

On 2006-12-13 10:55, little lost tiki wrote:
Hey Squid,
Could you do that with the official Tonga Flyer so we don't have to buy prints at the show?

GET OFF GROG's THREAD!!!!!!!!

JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION!

Al~ see you back soon~

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies