Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Art show and Mug launch Dec16, 2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies

S
squid posted on Fri, Dec 8, 2006 5:25 PM

Okay Tiki-Ray, you got me on that rock thing. But with 300 available you should be able to get one no problem if you camp out in front of the Hut the night before :)

Polynesiac, glad you're going to make it!

M

Rare sighting of El Squid (aka Senor Calamar)...

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Dec 8, 2006 7:54 PM

I know that the pic of the above mug is big but I also tend to think Squid's hands are small.

On 2006-12-08 19:20, MakeDaMug wrote:
Rare sighting of El Squid (aka Senor Calamar)...

You mean El Squid Calamar..... and, a blurred profile of Tomato Cheese!!!

In MUGOOMBA!!

Rock on!!

S
squid posted on Sat, Dec 9, 2006 10:49 AM

You have mocked and angered El Squid! I shall have my revenge! Mere mortals such as MakeDaFudge and Shampoo Ben cannot escape my tentacles of DOOM!

M

On 2006-12-09 10:49, squid wrote:
You have mocked and angered El Squid! I shall have my revenge! Mere mortals such as MakeDaFudge and Shampoo Ben cannot escape my tentacles of DOOM!

That's "Makelafudge" to you pal!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 9, 2006 2:03 PM

At least he didn't call you "Packlafudge".

P.S. Love ya Holden!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-09 14:09 ]

Alright boys, that's just about enough!
Don't make me have to separate you!

Hey, kids, did you know there's an ART SHOW and MUG RELEASE, SATURDAY DEC. 16th at the TONGA HUT in North Hollywood???!!! It's true!

See all these crazy TC thread stealing bastards live and in person with their mad creations!

ALSO: I am VERY proud to announce that COCONUT MONKEY PRINTS ARE HERE!
Just in time for the holidays-COLLECT THEM ALL! : )

*These are limited edition signed prints. They will be availble the night of the Tonga Hut art show, and for those Tiki Ohana who can only be there with us in spirit, via e-mail. Just contact me with your order/inquiry and we can set up easy payment through paypal.

Want to learn more about the Coconut Monkey Project? Check out my blog!
http://coconutmonkeyproject.blogspot.com/

This holiday, show you care, give a coconut monkey.
Monkeys make people happy.

Mahalo!
Atomikitty

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2006-12-09 17:57 ]

Senor Calamar...Are you sure you didn't mean "testicles of doom"??????

S
squid posted on Sat, Dec 9, 2006 7:38 PM

On 2006-12-09 17:52, SoccerTiki wrote:

Nope. Doomed testicles, perhaps. No more squidlings for me :)

I can't believe I even went there. Now I have to apologize to Atomikitty and sit in the corner....

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 9, 2006 7:48 PM

On 2006-12-09 17:52, SoccerTiki wrote:

You're thinking of Bamboo Ben.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-09 19:53 ]

S
squid posted on Sat, Dec 9, 2006 7:50 PM

On 2006-12-09 17:28, atomikitty wrote:
Alright boys, that's just about enough!
Don't make me have to separate you!

Hey, kids, did you know there's an ART SHOW and MUG RELEASE, SATURDAY DEC. 16th at the TONGA HUT in North Hollywood???!!! It's true!

See all these crazy TC thread stealing bastards live and in person with their mad creations!

ALSO: I am VERY proud to announce that COCONUT MONKEY PRINTS ARE HERE!
Just in time for the holidays-COLLECT THEM ALL! : )

*These are limited edition signed prints. They will be availble the night of the Tonga Hut art show, and for those Tiki Ohana who can only be there with us in spirit, via e-mail. Just contact me with your order/inquiry and we can set up easy payment through paypal.

Want to learn more about the Coconut Monkey Project? Check out my blog!
http://coconutmonkeyproject.blogspot.com/

This holiday, show you care, give a coconut monkey.
Monkeys make people happy.

Mahalo!
Atomikitty

Oh, yeah.....ART SHOW! Indubitably!
We promise to behave until then.

Monkeys make me happy. Look, there's one now! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

(voice over) "Has it really been 20 years? She's still as beautiful as she was on that magic evening you met her. Show her that you'd marry her all over again with a monkey from Atomikitty."

I'm going to go sit in the corner now...

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 10, 2006 10:04 AM

Oh, yeah.....ART SHOW! Indubitably!

Like THAT will happen!!!!
One post from Ruzic and it's off to the races again!

Damn

You

Grog!!

Who the hell taught GROG Photoshop anyways???!!!
That's the bastard we should tar and feather. . .

Squid, you may leave the corner now.
Now go play outside.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 10, 2006 12:14 PM

Photoshop??? Never heard of it.

Hey Holden, GROG find better picture of SeƱor Calamar back in his bandito days before he became sculptor.

MUGS!!? We don't need no stinkin' MUGS!!!!

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-10 13:31 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 10, 2006 12:21 PM

SEEX. We have SEEX moorre days until de Tonga Haht ahhrt show AH AH AH!

T

Hey Grog , that pic of Squid is friggin priceless . I think he looks more like Juan Valdez though. Hes the only one in Columbia still growing coffee ! I sure hope nobody starts morphing pics of Ken Rusic . You know how sensitive he is . Tiki-Ray

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 10, 2006 1:34 PM

GROG doubt there's any chance of that. GROG think you can't make Ruzic any funnier looking than he already is.

P.S. If you missed the last show, here's the link to it so you can see pics of the mayhem...I mean fun, that went on so you'll know kind of what to expect. (GROG is always amazed at how few pictures people post of the actual art from the art shows.)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=21541&forum=17&start=60

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-10 13:59 ]

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-10 14:06 ]

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!
DEATHCAGE 2006 MATCH after MUG WARS at the Tonga HUt! GROG will challenge the Champion of MUG WARS at the end of the night in a DEATHCAGE 2006 MATCH!!! The Cage is electrified so feel free to pee on it!
Ladies and Gentlemen....the Challenger!

Indubitably!!! Is He Man or Beast? He is Neither! He is GROG!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 11, 2006 5:13 AM

Like THAT will happen!!!!
One post from Ruzic and it's off to the races again!

GROG told you so.

Indubitably!!

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-11 05:28 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 11, 2006 12:00 PM

GROG will be selling these for Derek.There are only two prints of each available.

GROG will also be selling the 8.5x11 color Tonga Hut flyers by Squid, so
you can get all the artists to sign it. It's a steal at $5.

Also, the Tonga Hut will have some shirts printed with a KIRBY design. GROG not
sure of price, so GROG will post when GROG find out.

Prices for DEREK prints:

$60

$30

$30

$30

$30

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-11 12:11 ]

PRICES FOR GROG's GOAT-MILKING BOOTH AT THE TONGA HUT! $3 A TUG...

HUMAN-MILKING A LITTLE BIT MORE....

OMG Boys! you are all too funny! I read this post daily for my morning chuckles, what will I do when the Christmas show in NoHo is over?? :lol:

The real question here is "who wants a piece of Ruzic!?"

Not me!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 11, 2006 1:42 PM

That's a good one Holden. Where'd you find that? GROG did a search on the internet to find a picture of Ruzic in a wrestling outfit and GROG only find this:

Oh No!
You found my old Marine Corps Parade Outfit pictures! And photos from the old Wrestling Days? Curse you Red Barons!
Shhhhhh! Pipe down! I can hear School marm Susie walking back to the classroom! Sit up straight and behave....

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2006-12-11 14:12 ]

OMG!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jus hahhahha.... Also to think Holden was at his desk working & Grog! i know this is what you do all day.

I am pleased to announce the arrival of the wrestler's masks for the Tonga Hut's MUG WARZ deathmatch! Here are four of the more fearsome...

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 11, 2006 3:38 PM

GROG not exactly sure why Ken always trying to get a wrestling match started between a bunch of burly men.

GROG just going to Tonga Hut to see pretty women.

C'mon GROGGIE!
Can't we all just get along?

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 11, 2006 4:50 PM

Ya know Kinny, GROG started this thread to invite people to come to the Tonga Hut for a good time of booze, art, tiki mugs, and booze, and you're scaring them away by the truckloads!

mahaloz guys. this is some funny stuff!

T

Sorry Ken , I told them NOT to post pics of you and look what happens . Somehow I feel responsible.Oh well , back to carving .

S
squid posted on Mon, Dec 11, 2006 5:50 PM

On 2006-12-11 13:54, little lost tiki wrote:

Shhhhhh! Pipe down! I can hear School marm Susie walking back to the classroom! Sit up straight and behave....

School marm?... Did you say "SCHOOL MARM"? You, sir are sadly mistaken. Don't be fooled by that easy-breezy smile and den-motherly demeanor. Atomikitty has been training for Mug Wars and will tolerate NO DISRESPECT! Behold the power of LUCHA ATOMIKITTY!

Ridicule at your own risk, infidel!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 11, 2006 6:04 PM

Nobody's safe anymore.

Not even Her manager Senor "DON KING" Westland!

I wonder if Tiki Ray will be safe from these blatant defamations of character???????

You guys are freakin whacked!!!!!!

Was going to try to post some pics and info

on what I'm bringing but there is NO WAY to follow

this up!!!

Just ruined another keyboard!!!

p.s. I'm actually getting kind of scared to show up!!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 11, 2006 7:06 PM

Oh God, PLEASE post pics of what you're bringing!!!! At least give this thread the smallest semblance of being on-topic once in awhile.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-11 19:06 ]

What was this thread about again? Shootz and I think my post are off topic. You monkeys are off the planet. I think Iwill start a "photoshop The TC member" thread in bilge. This is some pretty funny stuff though almost like a shot in the arm with absinthe.

Chongolio

Hey Chongo!
Forget all that other blabbering on this post! This post is about MUG WARZ!
I'll throw a question at you all...
What do all of these following things have in Common?

You know what they all have in Common?

I found this poster in a gutter outside the Tonga Hut so I figured I'd share it with my TC Ohana....

Can I get a Marqo Pollo mug and a print for all effort I had to expend scooping this out of the gutter? :)

oh god, i crapped my pants.

OmG.. It just gets better... those knitted masks of Kinny's, you 4 will look Fabulous in those ...

THE TONGA HUT DEC. 16 7PM wouldn't miss it for the world.

S

Hiphip-
You mean we haven't scared you off yet? WOW! A real trooper. Wanna go tag-team on Ruzic? You can even wear my mask!

Calamar

OH MY GOD, You guys are KIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLIIIIING ME! This has GOT to be the BEST THREAD EVER!!! Just when I think it's as hysterical as ever, it gets even more hysterical-er!

Little Lost Tiki: PLEASE OH PLEASE make that poster into prints so I can buy one! I've GOTTA have it!

I wanna go to this event SO BAD, but I'm stuck out here in Vegas and just ain't gonna make it.

Have Fun without me you artistic-ly creative Bastages!

Signed: Jealous!

what can you guys do to give this thread a shot in the arm?

Good Morning Little Tigers!
MyMYMY! Almost 5000 Views! Curse all you non-contributing LURKERS! The Tiki Brat Pack works overtime to INFORM and EXCITE you! It's a shame we chased Susie off the Topic....She really kept us all in Check! Glad you all are enjoying These! If you have anything else that might raise TONGA HUT December 16th 7PM awareness,Please Post!Hopefully, at least half of y'all can make it! This has got to be the Funnest Show I've Never Been in!!!! A tip of the hat to Squid and Ernie for certain depictions of individuals on the poster! And I personally apologize if any of the individuals are displeased with their depictions, but contractual agreements are contractual agreements and we all are professionals here!
Tiki Lee,
you sir, win the award for most enthusiastic poster on this topic! (besides Ernie, but it's his Topic!)Prints....I dunno! This was mostly for fun! Now t-shirts would be BADASS!Like I said before....I found this in the gutter outside of the Tonga HUt! We may have some printouts to throw around at the show (I'd like to get my copy signed by all parties involved!)but officially MUG WARZ doesn't even exist! It was just a clever publicity scam to raise Tonga Hut Winter Wonderland awareness!
What's the connection with wrestlers and tiki? Wrestlers tie into the Lucha VaVoom Burlesque crowd which leads to the whole Kustom Kulture thing which leads back to the whole retro bachelor thing which leads to Polynesian Pop!
Despite Ernie's efforts to make this into a tiki mug release party, I will be bringing the Electrified Death Cage for the previously mentioned Matches! It will be held out in the back parking lot, without the permission of the Tonga Hut, no less! I'll be hawking refreshments,books,and maybe some Original Art back there from the back of my pee-stained truck! Hope to see you there!

Ice Cream and Popcorn for all!
Also I'll be posting pix of Senor Calamar's Lucha Libre mask that I just finished up last night! TONIGHT! between 7 and 9pm....

K
kirby posted on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 9:08 AM

I think its time to get out the Ritalin and nappy time blakets,kids...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies