Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Art show and Mug launch Dec16, 2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 17, 2006 5:31 PM

On 2006-12-17 14:11, WooHooWahine wrote:

Thanks for your pictures Woohoo/Soccer Tiki. GROG sure some of these will come in handy later.

T

We had a great time last night. Thanks to Woo Hoo and Bora for the pics . Im sure Johnny Pinstripe will add more .Sorry I didnt get a chance to say goodbye to Ken Rusic .All of a sudden he vanished . Maybe he was doing urine analysis and DNA tests on his truck .Thanks again , Tiki-Ray

Thanks for a great show Groggy. Here are some more pictures.

Squid, Chongolio and Little Lost Tiki

D.J. Lee is always Great.

Grog, Señor Calamar and Holden

Tiki Farm goodies.
_

The Mixologists

Me, Little Lost Tiki and Grog

Little Lost Tiki, Grog and Big Tiki Dude

Tiki Diablo, Chongolio and the Rev. Bamboo Ben.

I'm gonna take a nap.

Bamboo Ben and his little friend.

On 2006-12-17 19:15, ookoo lady wrote:
Bamboo Ben and his little friend.

You should have seen what bamboo ben and his little friend were doing under the mistletoe after that photo. seriously it was my 1st time at one of these "tiki events" what a great time with some great people. i cant wait for the next event.

J

On 2006-12-17 18:05, Bora Boris wrote:
Thanks for a great show Groggy. Here are some more pictures.

clip

Me, Little Lost Tiki and Grog

clip

First off, i'd like to thank everyone for the great pictures!

But i especially wanted to thank you Bora Boris for LABELLING yours. It’s REALLY nice to be able to put faces to the names, and for those of us not fortunate enough to live close to the parties and can't meet the people, we appreciate the labels. Well, i certainly do at least.

I’d love to know whose arm those Shag tattoos belonged to, for one! :)

After one day of searching the ruins,it seems that no new survivors have been found...We did find a digital camera on the premises with these shocking photographs! It seems that GROG was some kind of bizarre sex toy to some members of TC!!! Could it have been a jealous spat that started the Great Tiki Tonga Hut Fire that evening? More news later! In the meantime,please examine these photos for any extra clues....
Senor Calamar seems to be venting out his kinky frustrations on Ernie....even while Ernie is trying to woo some pretty young lady! What sheer cruelty!

Next,Little Lost Tiki shows off his not so little attributes in this shocking scene of human depravity! In public no less! Shocking!

This final sequence is not for the week of heart!
Bamboo Ben sizes up his prey....

Looks for encouragement....

Then pounces upon GROG with Crazy Abandon!!!

Authorities believe that this event may also have been the key moment before GROG carried his burning Chair throughout the building setting it alight!
Now Hi-jinx are Hi-jinx,but let me ask you ....
Was it worth it?

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 18, 2006 10:42 AM

Hey Kinny, your Photoshopping skills are getting really good! GROG had to look hard to find the seams where you pasted yourself and Squid behind GROG in those photos. You needed to adjust the sizes a bit better, they were a smidge off. Also, sometimes you need to adjust the "noise" (look in the FILTER menu) so that two different photos go together better.

That would have been a really good practical joke, but you have to hide your "source" photos to get away with it, and GROG found them.GROG guess you saw Bamboo Ben dry humping GROG. Ddamnit, Ben, GROG thought we agreed to keep our relatoinship behind closed doors---no more public displays of affection!!) So, you tried to follow suit, eh. If only your photoshopping skills had been a little less sloppy, you might have gotten away with it.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-18 10:54 ]

Save your criticism for Brad you big bully! sniffle!

Well they just let me out of the burn(er) unit and so now I have a little free time before I get airlifted back up to the icy shores of Santa Cruz. I will hug a Redwood for you Atomickitty when I get there :D Big THANX to all who pitched into make me feel right at home and brought in the cold weather and rain. Fortunately, I did not suffer to many burns fromthe fire because of my clothes being soaked from standing outside in the rain standing my watch guarding Little Lost Tikis truck from squirting vandals. Although, LLT never did explain why he had all that gas and firewood in the back. SUPER THANKYS to Jeremy and his partner (who's name I did not catch), Grog, Atomic Kitty, all the artist, the Tonga Hut crew and all who made it out despite the cold wet weather. Here are a few samples from my camera. If you want to see the slide show check out Barefoot Bloggin'

Hut Signage

Guardian of the Gate

The Ice Tiki Cometh

More IceTiki niceness

Don't tell Grog but I sat here when he was chasin' around all the pretty ladies

Children of the Squid

Sir Kirby and Da Rev

Dang ol Grog and the beautiful Cheeky Tiki Girl

The Lovely Ladies of Poly Pop. Tiki Kate, Ookoolady and Utopian Dream (Not sure how I managed to keep
Grog out this shot)

What Little Lost Tiki looks like through the eye of the Ice tiki

Squid, Bora Boris and LLT

Whos been sitting in my Chare?

Bora Bori's sportin the Mele kalikimaka style

Tiki Bird, Utopian Dream and Tiki Bong

DJ Lee spinnin' the hot wax. Could this of been the source of the fire?

Kirby takes the ice tiki's temperature

Tiki Diablo and Stephanie

Cheeky Tiki Girl demonstrates her talents in phrenology

Makedamug takes a moment to relax alone with his thoughts

What a hoot and well worth the drive down. Always a treat and privledge to hang out with the fine folks of the TC Ohana.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 18, 2006 11:56 AM

Thanks to all who came through the wet, cold weather to the Tonga Hut for the Art show/ mug launch. It was a smaller turnout this time, but still a nice crowd. Unfortunately, the weather didn't allow the wrestling match to take place in the parking lot behind the Tonga Hut, but GROG think it was probably for the best. Atomikitty would've probably hurt some people pretty badly, and we wouldn't want to put the rest of the artists out-of-commission. And speaking of artists, thanks Holden Bamboo Ben, Atomikitty, Bosko, Diablo, Señor Calamar, Tiki Ice, and Derek for the great art and mugs you brought for the show.And thanks DJ Lee for spinnin some mad tunes. Thank you to Ana and Jeremy and the Tonga Hut bartenders for putting up with this crazy tiki crowd. And, thank you Atomikitty for helping to co-organize this event and putting up with all of our crazy shennanigans. And a big apology to Hanford for this THREAD FROM HELL! GROG hope everybody had a good time, and wish everybody Happy Holidays.
Jeremy didn't sound too pissed, so apparently, the Tonga Hut may even let us do a few shows in 2007. See ya'll then.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-18 22:57 ]

TI

Well I just crawled out of the freezer after a blizzard of Ice carvings, and this thread isn't dead yet aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing. Yes thank you Ana and Jeremy. As for the BBQ road trip I will never crawl into a van with you guys again, unless we have a different driver who shall be left unnamed ( Holden,Holden,Holden,Holden,Holden,Holden,Holden,Holden,
Holden,Holden,Holden,Holden,Holden,) Twas a great party guys. Maybe next time I won't be so tired. December is a crazy time for me.

[ Edited by: Tiki Ice 2006-12-18 15:32 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 18, 2006 11:02 PM

GROG was looking back through the pictures and noticed that, except for Woohoo and Soccer Tiki, most of the pictures are of people who have been, will be, or deserve to be kicked off Tiki Central
(including GROG!) Buncha troublemakers every one!

K

I dont think there is enough pics of me...and way to many of grog and kinny...barf..

We had a great time and met some new peeps . Awesome! Grog, did you get your shelf home OK?

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 19, 2006 12:20 AM

Yes I did, thank you very much. It is awesome! Glad you had a good time. See you soon. Thanks for being a part of the show.

And yeah, there ARE too many pictures of GROG and Kinny. We need more pics of pretty ladies. Where's Atomikitty?

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-19 00:29 ]

GROG and Kinny are Pretty Ladies! :P

Hey everybody! Jeremy and I want to thank all of you for coming out on a cold and rainy Saturday night. The show was great and we all had a blast. Believe it or not it was my first time having a Voodoo Juice (or 3)and I ended up passed out at my desk!! Good times :) Thanks to all the artists,Squid for designing the flyer which is awesome by the way, Kirby for designing the first ever Tonga Hut t-shirts and Polly for selling them, tiki enthusiasts and especially Grog and Atomikitty for putting it all together. Looking forward to more in '07.

Mahalo and Merry Christmas!

Ana aka Mulatiki

Wow! What a night!
It may have been cold and rainy outside, but inside the Tonga Hut we were really feeling the LOVE from the TC OHANA! (Now, before you dirty birds get started again, I, at least, mean that in a strictly platonic sense! GROG-you'll have to tell me the story of the pic with you in the back of a van with Bamboo Ben apparently 'sans pantalones'. Then again. . .Ignorance is bliss. . . : )

THANK YOU to all the AMAZING artists, DJ Lee, Ana and Jeremy, and the bartenders of the Tonga Hut, for bringing Tiki Wonderland to life!

Many thanks to GROG, SQUID, and yes, EVEN Little Lost Tiki and Kirby for creating the TC 'Franken-thread' that we all enjoyed reading so much!

On that note-an extra special thanks to HumuHumu and Hanford for putting up with the madness, and for giving us all an outlet for our tiki obsessions!

Thank you to everyone who made it out to the show, and to all of you who wished us well and were there in spirit! Here are some pics from the show. . .I never take as many as I mean to, so I hope others will post theirs as well.

Yes, the Atomikitty seems to have been very elusive that night-no pics here either! I'm pretty sure I was there. . .unless it was all a strange dream. . .

First-the ART! The Coconut Monkey Project, with Hairflowers by Squirrelly and Brady tiki casts by Brian Byrne.

Tiki Ice's amazing 'Tower o' tikis!' Good stuff!

The Bosko corner. . .ooohhhh. . .I covet!!!

Squirrelly warms up to her new tiki. : )

See how happy COCONUT MONKEYS made these fine people?! YOU can be that happy too!
http://cocnutmonkeyproject.blogspot.com

Johnny the Pinstriper and the lovely Miss Courtney.

Steph and Jack prove you can have a pretty blue drink with an umbrella in it and STILL look tough! (or crazy.)

The mysterious polka dot girl and her man. Sorry GROG.

And finally. . .The downfall of Jeremy. . .

Awww. . .don't wake him. . .he looks like an angel with his new SQUID mug. .

GROG and Polly take advantage of the situation. . .FOR SHAME!!!!

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2006-12-19 19:09 ]

The ghost of Rev Bamboo says,

GOOD TIMES!!!

Now, back to THE Tiki Bar in the sky!!!

( does this mean that if they have another show and I'm invited back, I have to dress up all goth? being that I'm dead??)

This was the craziest thread ever. I hadn't laughed out loud like this in a while. I got so distracted I didn't finish up some work, but it was for it.

I had a fabulous time. Art, friends, drinks, fun, laughs...What more could you ask for?

Thanks one and all!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 20, 2006 12:21 AM

Thanks everybody for posting pictures (except Kinny, damn you!). Thanks Suzy for pics of artwork. Now GROG can see all the stuff GROG didn't buy, but wanted. The Bosko tikis looked great in the Tonga Hut. GROG need more Bosko tikis.

P.S. Also , thanks for posting more pics of pretty ladies and less of GROG and Kinny.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-20 00:27 ]

On 2006-12-18 23:09, kirby wrote:
I dont think there is enough pics of me...and way to many of grog and kinny...barf..

Shootz, I forgot to add this one I had taken of Kirby killing some time before the Tonga Hut started hoppin'

Chongolio

T

I think that B.Ben looks better with two eye patches.

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-12-20 08:21 ]

On 2006-12-20 08:21, teaKEY wrote:
I think that B.Ben looks better with two eye patches.

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-12-20 08:21 ]

WooooooooooHooooooooo!!!

TEAkey joins the fun!!!!

Did the Devil make you do that??

No Ben, I didn't.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 20, 2006 9:22 AM

On 2006-12-20 03:00, Chongolio wrote:

Shootz, I forgot to add this one I had taken of Kirby killing some time before the Tonga Hut started hoppin'

Chongolio

What a coincidence. Ruzic was just finishing up a painting before the show as well.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-20 09:23 ]

Funny stuff Grog.

I was hoping to see some of your work at the show.

Did you leave it in the cave?

Well I finally made it back to Santa Cruz last night after what was the longest drive time ever from Ventutra to Monterey County. I took a firm hold of the poopy end of the stick and was completely screwed in this traffic nightmare in Santa Barbara. 3 long hours of sitting in the HWY 101 parking lot. At least I had my uke to play and I now own "Grogfinger". Still worth the drive down to hangout with all the peeps and primates. I hope to see you all again in the new year.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

S
squid posted on Wed, Dec 20, 2006 1:39 PM

Sorry for the delayed posting. I've had another truly messed-up thread to attend to. The show was a blast! Finally got to meet Chongolio and Polynesiac! YAY! I even got to see my pal from high school and mad hillbilly western swing guitarist/drummer, Dave Stuckey of the Dave & Deke Combo, Bonebreak Syncopaters and The Lucky Stars. Even though I was stuck behind a table most of the night, here are some shots I managed to get. Sorry Grog, no art. Enjoy!

Thanks to everyone who organized and to everyone who came out! Yeeeehaw!!~!!!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 7:53 AM

Nice use of the NEW Sarcasm font! :D

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 22, 2006 8:33 AM

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 22, 2006 8:54 AM

GROG,
Always the Thread-Killer....

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 26, 2006 3:43 PM

The art show's over.

On 2006-12-26 15:43, GROG wrote:
The art show's over.

I don't get it!?

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 26, 2006 10:12 PM

On 2006-12-25 18:25, little lost tiki wrote:
GROG,

On 2006-12-26 22:12, GROG wrote:

On 2006-12-25 18:25, little lost tiki wrote:
GROG,

Huh?

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 26, 2006 10:36 PM

GET OFF GROG THREAD!!!!

GROG know you're just trying to get the last word you bastard!!!

who is this Grog guy that everybody keeps talking about?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 27, 2006 11:00 AM

GET OFF GROG THREAD!!!

On 2006-12-26 23:26, bigtikidude wrote:

i think he's that caveman guy from those geico commercials .

TI

Hey Grog take out the gun and shoot this thread PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAse.

TI

Hey Grog take out the gun and shoot this thread PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAse.

Hey,
this is now 23 pages. What a great thread.

I think Grog has OCD or something like that, and has to have the last post on his thread, or he can't sleep or gets all freaked out or something.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-12-28 14:34 ]

On 2006-12-27 13:25, Cannibal Sam wrote:

On 2006-12-26 23:26, bigtikidude wrote:

i think he's that caveman guy from those geico commercials .

yeah see he's the guy on the left i took this photo with my phone at the x mas show .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 469 replies