Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Paipo's Stone Tikis V2.0 - 2011

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 692 replies

standing ovation! awesome stuff!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jul 1, 2008 11:41 PM

Mine! All mine! Eat your hearts out you bastards! GROG stylin' now.

Thanks Paipo. It looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!

B

Looks like a masterpiece !
Hats off.

Ben.

B

Looks like a masterpiece !
Hats off.

Ben.

B

Ha, I Couldn;t resist the double/single post, sorry ben,
Paipo, this is a sweet one that I'm Posotive will be too Sweet for our dear Grog to wear. His friends may start to thinkhe is slipping or something, so why not just prevent all that anguish for him and let me hold it for awhile, maybe GROG "Soften" later and may want it again, who knows, wha'd'ya say?
Noone does this style better than PAIPO!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 12:33 PM

All right Benz, don't make GROG come over there!!!

J

We need to have a meeting of the Paipo Pendant Possessors at Oasis! These are the folks I know have originals who I think will be there:
GROG
LLT
Kaimuki
Me

any others?

B
Babalu posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 1:40 PM

Count me in, I'll be wearing my Paipo original fo sure!

T

Love the shell and stone piece. And #46 simply ROCKED!!! Wow! :)

B

Anything new to show us?

P
Paipo posted on Tue, Jul 8, 2008 5:04 AM

Ben - OK, I'll admit it, I have been holding out a little. Thanks for all the encouragement (from everyone), which directly fuels the urge to create more tikis. I've got one more big deadline to meet and then I can settle into a more relaxed mode of creating.

When I made GROG's piece, I actually started a group of 3 in the same style. Here's the second one finished. I don't know why I didn't make more of these sooner (I LOVE using MOP shell, possibly my favourite material), but there will be plenty more to come. After 3 Marqs I think I need to try a different style for the next one...

I also finished a commission piece based on one of my early jade series:
"Rei Puta"

B

Ahhhh, I Knew you had some stuff hiding away back there. Thanks, Thats the "Paipo FIX" I've been needing.
GROG Sure he can handle that sweet piece? C'Mon down Grog!

B

Nice one Paipo! I think you should revisit that style a lot more often!

H

STUNNERS! Both of them-beautiful work again!!!

B

Both are beautiful stuff, "Rei Puta" is an amazing smooth, neat, beautifully designed piece.

Ben.

I'm loving your breastplates!! Even your contemporary pieces are very cool. They may not be so tiki but Paipo + stone= tiki..... to me anyways.

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Jul 9, 2008 4:27 AM

Purdy purdy work Paipo. I always get a smile when I check your thread.

J

Grog's pendent is excellent. The stone and shell are perfect complements to each other. This is a fantastic piece. Just don't send it to Grog until he cancles his to do list.

B

OMG Paipo, #46 is amazing. the mix of materials is great and as usual the craftsmanship is INSANE.

alohas, t

if you send it to me, i'll deliver it to Ernie
FREE OF CHARGE!
Great balance of texture/material and form!
the ancestors smile.....

B

Hey Sir P...what's on the burner? I'm needing a cup of coffee and a Paipo fix tonight!

P
Paipo posted on Tue, Jul 15, 2008 3:24 PM

Thanks fellas - all of those pieces are on their way to new homes as we speak, so I guess I better get cracking on something new!
I do have an ugly little "cannibal charm" on the bench right now, so I'll see if I can get a few pics up later today....

B

I'm with you Babs, I NEED That Paipo Fix!!

S

Very Nice as we have come to expect from you.
Love them they look old and new.

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Jul 16, 2008 2:21 AM

OK, here's a wee teaser of the piece I'm working on now. For reference, the little cro-mag/monkey looking skull is 1/3" (8mm) high, and is made from the same white beach stone I used in my last 2 skulleater pendants.

B

WOW, The SWEET one is coming. PAIPO, What a TEASE!

B

Hey ya, what a tease !!! Amazing awesome skull.

Benjamin.

V

I just shed a little skull shaped tear of joy....

That's the micro-ist micro skull I ever seen!

K
Kahu posted on Wed, Jul 16, 2008 5:40 PM

I hate being teased.

Especially with something as cool as that.

And even more so, knowing it is another Paipo skull.

Paipo ya big teaser. :wink: :D

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 16, 2008 8:14 PM

Tease. Looks awesome though! :D

On 2008-07-16 02:21, Paipo wrote:
OK, here's a wee teaser of the piece I'm working on now. For reference, the little cro-mag/monkey looking skull is 1/3" (8mm) high..

*I dare you to suspend it through the skulls' eyesockets & give it the 'animated' google-eye treatment.. :o :o :o

TTTease

B

T, You know better than to Dare Paipo to do something like that, Especially when it Can't be done!

That's damn sweet Paipo!

Damn Paipo, you're a mind-blowingly good artist. Phenominal stuff.

sweet AS Paipo - wow - what intricate work in such small spaces!!!! I take my hat off :D

KS

T

Very nice piece Paip! Let's see the rest - and Tama's raisin' the bar pretty high I'd say.

On 2008-07-17 03:41, Benzart wrote:
T, You know better than to Dare Paipo to do something like that, Especially when it Can't be done!

Yeah , quite right Ben .
some things are just impossible eh ........

B

Paipo, Whats up with your post on page 10, the pix didn't show up. Izzit my computer or did the pic's get lost somewhere in cyber-heaven?

P
Paipo posted on Sat, Jul 19, 2008 2:02 AM

OK, that was weird...there wasn't a page 10...at least til I made this post? cue Twilight Zone tune.....
So, I got tricked into posting by some weird server error, but I don't have any new stuff to show today sorry - I really want to get that Cannibal Charm finished, but I'm plugging away on a large group of other pieces and have decided to keep on it til it's done. I will say thanks again for all the replies though. Looks like everyone digs skulls - I know I sure do. Plenty more to come!

PS: No fancy tricks for this skull either - it's too small and delicate to do anything with except inlay (but I may use the cord to hold it in place). I think I will paint the interior of the cranium with black enamel too, so the eyes pop a bit more....

[ Edited by: Paipo 2008-07-19 02:21 ]

B

Thanks P, I Likes this page 10 better than the last one.
Less talk, More Action, carving, whatever you want to call it! :P :lol:

P
Paipo posted on Sun, Jul 20, 2008 9:36 PM

OK, a little later than I thought, but done now: #48(?) - "Cannibal Charm"

He's got trouble on his mind and his mind on trouble...

Really emotive and creepy, and beautiful...

man, those white veins are wonderfully placed. adds the special kick! still groovin on your myspace!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jul 20, 2008 10:25 PM

That's a charming cannibal charm.

P

it's about time you posted a full pic. i'm sure there's people out there almost out of new designs to sell.

great job, paipo!

B

Another Killer Paipo Piece. Looks like there is a Rock killer on the loose and he's left a trademark mark on the forehead of this poor rock guy. :lol:. This one was well worth the wait P, one to drool over for sure!

T

Lotsa cool vibe in that one. Awesome job Paipo!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 692 replies