Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies

Hi All, A new event for 2011, Hosted by me and TC friends is being held April 15-17th 2011 in the Mojave Desert.

What We will have for the event and the opening of the new campsite is rent-able vintage trailers,Camping,Bring your own trailers or Tents, Lakeside Luau Saturday Night with pig ceremony and fire dance, A frames and Lakeside Bar by BambooBen, Music by Tikiyaki, Martini Kings and others. Vendors,Carving Area,BBQ, Swimming or Relaxing, what more could you want,A fun new get together in a fun new place called Mojave Oasis.

Mojave Oasis Original art by Dawn Frasier, Original mugs by Babalu/Squid, shot glasses by Doug Horne and Tiki Farm. Other surprises too! I will post more in the next week or two on the packages: Hotel Complete, Tents, Trailers, Vendors, etc..

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-04-24 16:53 ]

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-05-17 15:15 ]

Very Nice!

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2011-01-07 10:56 ]

Long live the Queen.

I for one know Amy's ability to entertain and go that extra mile.

I am Way,Way,Way IN !!!!!!

An Event like this will make the rest of us have to raise the bar, and thats always good for the fan's of Tiki.

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2010-10-22 07:42 ]

I'm preparing the Tikiyaki Van for this !

Geez Rory, I hate that photo! lol

It could be worse.

Ben could have been in it like this one.

Put a shirt on you hippy

Cool! Party in the desert. Are guns allowed?

Buzzy Out!

Looks awesome and love the poster!!!

K
kirby posted on Fri, Oct 22, 2010 7:52 AM

That is a great poster! Im really looking forward to this! I have been looking for a vintage travel trailer for a while now with no luck but im sure ill have one by april..see ya then!!

Tiki and camping. We are so in.

Jen

Great idea Amy, beautiful poster Dawn.

And Newberry Springs already has Tiki history How cool is that!

With Tiki gods as my witness, I vow to make it to both this event and Tiki Caliente next year.

GO AMY!
I'm with the SkinnyDogs
Camping AND Tiki and loads of Ohana...
Nothin could be finer!
Classic!
Think Amy's talent for putting on a Bash
but for three days!!!!!!!!!
it's gonna be IN-TENTs! :lol:
i knew i was saving that bear costume for something...

Sounds like a fun time! And an excuse to use my tent!

B

Oooooo - this is HUGE!! My two big loves combined, Tiki and vintage travel trailers. Ohhh Man! I've seen pictures of Queen K's lake, and man it is "sooooooo" an Oasis out in the middle of the Mojave!! And to turn it into and old mid-century tiki roadside attraction type of trailer park - OMG!!! The whole Country is going to go nuts over this place. It's going to become a Landmark over night!

I'm really going to push to "try" to get my old Aero Flite fixed up enough to roll it out for this event...lot's of work to do to it yet. Below, you can see it completely stripped...it's been this way for a looong time. Queen K's event here has sparked a new flame in me...I hope to at least get the, running gear, new panels. paint, windows, and electric hook ups done before April...we'll see.

[ Edited by: Babalu 2010-10-22 12:15 ]

HOT DOG CART!!!!!!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Oct 22, 2010 12:02 PM

All of Queen K's events are 130 miles from GROG house. Damned So-Cal traffic----GROG going to have to get a helicopter.

B

And the hot dog cart! :) Just have to trick it out a little too...

ROAD TRIP BABY! I would pull a trailer 2,000 miles to come to this one! :)

Wow, Babalu, I hope you will post photos as you fix it up, that's a really cool style. Have you ever talked to Marty in Texas? That's his passion too. Wendy

HT

Please count my family in, it sounds like it will be a blast. Roger and Margi Brittan

T

Wow, Bablu, that's a nice one. I'm sure it will be amazing when it's done.

On 2010-10-22 12:02, GROG wrote:
All of Queen K's events are 130 miles from GROG house. Damned So-Cal traffic----GROG going to have to get a helicopter.

Why does Grog always have to be this way?? Queen K always has room for Grog with lots of sweets too :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2010-10-22 19:34 ]

S

Sounds like a lot-o-FUN!!
I have been procrastinating on working on this camper.......but April just might be do-able.

OK...you guys are keeeeeeeling me with your cute little vintage trailers. I used to have one but the ex made me sell it eons ago...I miss that baby...the trailer...not the ex!!!

Newberry Springs in April will be awesome! Get ready for a TNT CRAWL!!! (Tent N Trailer Crawl) Details coming soon!

tent and Trailer crawl! that spounds soo fun. Im gonna look for a trailer over the winter too. I cant wait to see Kinny in a bear costume!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Oct 23, 2010 1:09 PM

On 2010-10-22 11:56, little lost tiki wrote:
HOT DOG CART!!!!!!

On 2010-08-25 17:55, ravenne wrote:
:lol:

This might be the first Tiki Central "Burning Man/Tiki".

Clothing optional? :)

B

NO hotdogs for GROG!!

• needs some jazzing up -

No really, I was thinking you could work this baby for us GROG?

G
GROG posted on Sat, Oct 23, 2010 6:21 PM

Brontosaurus burgers.

There really IS a hot dog cart cOOOooOOOl

can't wait! spam smores for everyone! martini kings treat!

Can't wait. The Reesenik family is in! We'll be arriving in the 1954 "Family Jewel".

This was from our maiden voyage a couple months ago.

Nothing like camping with the fam'.

Should be a great time.

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2010-10-24 10:05 ]

I love all the trailers.... very cool everyone!

We love that YOU always go the extra mile to create places for the rest of us to enjoy.

I'm very excited about this event it's so unique! Leave it to Amy right, wow what a idea :)
All I have is a sleeping bag though and a box of booze.... I'll work it out, I can't wait to see everyones trailers !

I am so there. Maybe I'll borrow my mom's stinky VW Westphalia camper and chugalug it to the event. Can't wait. But I AM interested in renting one of your vintage trailers to stay in in, Queen K., IF there are any available. I'm sure it would be much nicer than the Mom-Van. Let me know.
Damn, I will miss the Friday night festivities, though, due to shooting my show. But I'll be there Saturday/Sunday!

[ Edited by: Tangaroa-Ru 2010-10-25 13:12 ]

Any sneak previews?

T

Wow Amy sounds great!
Hope we can make it.
I wish it was only 130 miles away.

B

Subscribing for more info, sounds like fun !

Rob

J

Looks like its gonna be mucho fun. Gonna try to convince my aunt and uncle to take their vintage trailer, and if they don't go, maybe let me borrow it lol

Anxiously awaiting the details!

On 2010-10-25 02:26, Hiphipahula wrote:
I'm very excited about this event it's so unique! Leave it to Amy right, wow what a idea :)
All I have is a sleeping bag though and a box of booze.... I'll work it out, I can't wait to see everyones trailers !

I might have a cot. and a box of booze.

Now you need a paddle game, a chair, and a remote control, and matches, for sure. And that's all you need!
Oh, and a thermos, and your friends... and that's all you need!

On 2010-11-02 11:47, Hiphipahula wrote:

On 2010-10-25 02:26, Hiphipahula wrote:

I might have a cot. and a box of booze.

Dang! And me with no trailer, or tent even... :(
But I'm putting it on my calendar, it'll work out. Sounds like fun!

Ive got etra tents

Whoa! What an awesome event! I've got a trip planned for the Shady Dell in Bisbee in the next few months, but this looks like it'll be even cooler! Hopefully I can make it out.

This sounds like a freaking blast!! I hope we can make it !!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies