Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies

Those tents all look awesome and comfy! I'm not so afraid of being uncomfortable.... I'm afraid of the other campers! lol! One Ken Ruzic in particular.... :wink:

Between myself, Lil Blue and Ravenne, we'll be putting together something fun for sure.
Looking forward to coming out to your party, Amy!

CA

do you supply the spider monkey and iguanas????????

I,for one,CANNOT WAIT to lounge about for 3 days in the Mojave with Amy and the Ohana!

I imagine it will be all lovely and snuggly !

Looking forward to having a few with all my artist friends!

I'm gonna try to resist having a drink until the tent is completely up!
Here's what happened last time....

Ruined the darned thing!
but ....using some resourcefulness and scraps off the ground,we came up with this!

Well, this whole tent decorating/display contest has got me in a pickle!
What to do...What to do....
Here are some possibilities that I'm considering
and maybe you'll get inspired as well....

"the Princess Hut"

"Deputy Polynesian Pete"

"Island Circus"

"Mo...the tent"

"the Dangling Fruit"
(or more commonly known as "the Boogie")

"Entomologist in Paradise"

So many possibilities!
Heavy on Flash...but lacking true function.....

The tent that is needed should serve a purpose,solve a problem..
Aesthetics can come later......
For instance....
Whilst vending from the tent ,i will be drinking affordable beer!

BUT!
When i drink a lot of beer i often have to go piddles
This tent solves that problem perfectly!

And then there's the mobility problem...
How am i gonna vend from my tent and still get around the event?
Problem Solved!
the Intrepid Traveler

I hope you enjoyed all these creative suggestions for the tent decoration and display contest!
Good Luck Contestants!

Ken, you mentioned "affordable beer"....How about TWO DOLLAR DRAFT BEER ALL WEEKEND!!!??? That's right! We'll have ice-cold PRIMO on draft all weekend for only $2!!! (If you do bring your own...cans only please. No bottles!

Ken, you're a NUT!!! :lol:

Sounds and looks like a very fun event! So cool to see everyone coming together to pull it all off!

Looking forward to the pictures because odds are I'll be digging out from a late season snowstorm here in the frozen Midwest!

Best of luck with everything Amy!

Lost In Paradise Mojave Oasis Teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQtLU7c665E

Cant Wait!!! Cheers, Chris

On 2011-02-12 20:03, chrisandsarahb wrote:
Lost In Paradise Mojave Oasis Teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQtLU7c665E

Cant Wait!!! Cheers, Chris

WooHooo! Can't wait to see Lost in Paradise Mojave Oasis :)

Reason # 12,496 to move to SoCal!

I found these vintage trailers and RVs in my neighborhood, which do you think is most appropriate for Mohave Oasis?

Tiki Party Bus, circa 1960s

Shasta Trailer, circa 1950s

Southern Pacific Caboose, circa 1940s (yes, it's vintage and it's a trailer :D )

Gypsy RV, circa 1910s

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-02-13 14:39 ]

Dibs on the Gypsy Rv!!! Sweet! Might need a little work, maybe some paint. :)

i Choo-Choo-Choose the Caboose!
:)

On 2011-02-08 16:24, JOHN-O wrote:
OK, I just signed up for this. I hope Tiki culture doesn't include hard drugs.

Does 151 count as a "hard drug"!?!?

I like this list of things to bring under the "Camping Needs" section; "Books, playing cards, your journal, board games". Perfect for those downs times! Yeah, right! It'll be non-stop craziness, I predict!

I

there.

Thank you Mrs Smiley, changes made!

Getting ready already, a few logistical questions for SoccerTiki and/or Queen K.

1. Will the trailer sites have campfire pits and/or picnic tables?

2. If not, is it OK to bring a portable fire pit for campfires?

3. Are dogs allowed?

4. What is going to be available at the store?

5. Are there areas to ride bikes?

6. Is fishing allowed in the lake? If so, what kind of fish are in there?

7. How much are the $2.00 Primo Beer drafts going to cost?

Looking forward to a fun-filled weekend!

DC

On 2011-02-19 11:57, Dustycajun wrote:
Getting ready already, a few logistical questions for SoccerTiki and/or Queen K.

1. Will the trailer sites have campfire pits and/or picnic tables?........ There will be pits and tables scattered about,
  2. If not, is it OK to bring a portable fire pit for campfires? You are welcome to bring one
  3. Are dogs allowed? Not this time, I'm not set up but going forward it will be ok
  4. What is going to be available at the store?all kinds of stuff, nice photo representation by the way!
  5. Are there areas to ride bikes? Yes
  6. Is fishing allowed in the lake? If so, what kind of fish are in there? Yes big mouth bass in the fishing lake
  7. How much are the $2.00 Primo Beer drafts going to cost? Huh, I'll ask... JUst kidding :)

Looking forward to a fun-filled weekend!

DC

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-02-20 20:56 ]

The Mojave Oasis Menehunes are working hard 24/7 creating the magic the will happen in April!!! Please do not bother them! Whether you are a "friend" of a friend, or an enthusiastic camper...NO LOOKIE LOO'S!!! Save your curiosity for the event April 15-17th. Get your tickets now as they are going fast! The vintage trailer sites are sold out. The bring your own trailer sites are almost sold out and the tent sites are moving fast! Please go to http://www.mojaveoasis.com and book your weekend today...You don't want to miss this truly unique event! And it won't cost you an arm and a leg!

Will there be a TENT CRAWL?

Oh yes, a Tent Trailer crawl!

H
harro posted on Thu, Feb 24, 2011 1:44 PM

Sounds like a brilliant weekend, who could ask for anything better? wish I could drive the van round there but the Atlantic always gets in the way!

Have fun and take plenty of pics!

On 2011-02-24 09:49, little lost tiki wrote:
Will there be a TENT CRAWL?

T-N-T!!! Details coming soon!

By the way, trailer spots are almost gone and there are a few tent spots left.... http://www.mojaveoasis.com

On 2011-02-21 20:50, SoccerTiki wrote:
Please do not bother them! Whether you are a "friend" of a friend, or an enthusiastic camper...NO LOOKIE LOO'S!!!

This sound a little like "Ignore the man behind the curtain!"
So I have to ask;
Is it true that there is no lake right now? What are the photos of on the web site? The "artist rendition" and the photos do not match.

And it won't cost you an arm and a leg!

$280.00 for two adults and 2 kids, camping in a Tent...
Humphreys Half Moon Bay would be $169.00

The Web site talks about somewhere to take the Kids like in the good old days, usually those places were really cheap, hence that is why you went there with the kids. Either this is a BIG TIKI EVENT or a place to take the kids... but not both and should not be sold as such, but back to the pictures of the lake...

T

On 2011-02-24 20:27, bananabobs wrote:

On 2011-02-21 20:50, SoccerTiki wrote:
Please do not bother them! Whether you are a "friend" of a friend, or an enthusiastic camper...NO LOOKIE LOO'S!!!

This sound a little like "Ignore the man behind the curtain!"
So I have to ask;
Is it true that there is no lake right now? What are the photos of on the web site? The "artist rendition" and the photos do not match.

And it won't cost you an arm and a leg!

$280.00 for two adults and 2 kids, camping in a Tent...
Humphreys Half Moon Bay would be $169.00

That's $70 a person, which includes FULL LUAU....which is pig roast and all the luau trimmings, Fire Dancer and Hula show....plus bands.

The lake is there...trust me.

The rest is still under construction. It will be great. If you've been to one of Amy's parties, you'd know she don't mess around. It will be great.
No need to see something half baked...when it's done it will rock.

J

This is on private property right ??

If so, it has all the makings to be a Tiki Woodstock. :D

And don't be anti-Hippie about it, this is how the ancient Polynesians used to party.

Ha! Thats awesome John-O! Dang, I better start working out........

On 2011-02-24 20:55, tikiyaki wrote:

The lake is there...trust me.

My question is;
Is the picture of where Chris was riding the jet ski and the pictures of the lake on the web site, is that the lake in the rendition and where the event will take place?

BTW, I would pay $100 dollars to see TikiYaki! (How ever, I would not pay $70 each for my kids...)(Hey, I only had to pay $15. to see you at the Mayfield...)

there IS a nudist colony not to far away...

John O,

Most of the Tiki Crowd is not really something that most people want to see nude.
Of course, most Nudist colonies are full of people that you wouldn't really want to see.

Jeff(btd)

NUDISTS!?!?!
did somebody say NUDISTS?!?!?

This is gonna be fun....

And it's Private property!
So i guarantee the kids will have a BLAST!

Amy gets STUFF DONE
period.
she's tenacious and has vision
and she has combined the talents of an army of Tiki Visionaries...
a perfect combination for what's going to be a fun relaxing blurry weekend with the Ohana!
this is gonna be so AWESOME!

On 2011-02-24 21:13, bananabobs wrote:
My question is;
Is the picture of where Chris was riding the jet ski and the pictures of the lake on the web site, is that the lake in the rendition and where the event will take place?
BTW, I would pay $100 dollars to see TikiYaki! (How ever, I would not pay $70 each for my kids...)(Hey, I only had to pay $15. to see you at the Mayfield...)

BB-Read the entire website...If you want to pay $75 to see Tikiyaki great! But you know that includes the whole weekend camping including a Hawaiian style luau, The Smokin' Menehunes, Bill Tapia other Polynesian performances and a dj all weekend. Also, your children will be only $40 each for the weekend (including Saturday night's luau!)

You'll just have to show up to see the lake and other amenities for yourself!

Cheers!
S.T.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.