Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies

Here's some of the fine t-shirts i will be selling at my vending area...
Get em while they're HOT!

CA

i stopped reading the post about 830ish too... the 'shit storm'?? seemed to pipe down quickly...
Fun how TC can take a real fun idea/event and turn it into a real headache...

SPEAKING OF HEADACHES!
Doug!?? you forgot the CoCo-Toss Playing Field on your Map!!!!

I spawned this idea when B.Ben and i talked about getting an event back at Caliente Tropics after it moved to SD... But we were going to do in on the original date of June 21st... Hot!! and NO RULES! Book your own room bring your own Fun!!
Well we didn't do sh!t with the idea.... But i guess WildVille is doing his best....

SO?? Bring your own Pith Helmet! Your Own CoCoNutz!!!!!!!! and your NoFear attitude.......

Rules are the same as an egg toss...
you break it YOU LOOSE...
longest Toss WINS!!!!!!!!!
the glories of winning is your prize!

SE YA ALL THERE!!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2011-02-26 12:14 ]

M

HMM, $280 For two adults and 2 kids which includes all activities and Luau.
Humphreys Half Moon Inn that same weekend. Share one room for $358 both nights with tax and includes NOTHING more than the room. Sure, you get a comfy bed. But you don't get the comaraderie and adventure of camping with like minded people and friends! And entertainment is included all weekend and food is included Saturday nigh for the Luau!!! Plus Mr Smiley will be vending at Mohave Oasis. What more could you want?!?!
We are excited for this event and think the Coconut Toss is a great idea! Mohave Oasis here we come! ZAZZ!

M

PS- Al, you have a lovely pair of Coconuts!

Al I love the coconut toss idea and we will donate the prizes for this event! Lol

Kenny, I love the shirts!

Amy

Palm springs trailer event at the Riviera http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/palm-springs-modernism.html

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-02-26 18:39 ]

The Smokin' Menehunes are real excited to be in on the ground floor of what just might turn out to be a great tradition, one that will make all those east coast tiki people jealous yet again!

Mission accomplished! SIGH! I really need to move to SoCal!!!!!!

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2011-02-27 11:46 ]

B

Well, many on TC seem to be getting bit by the vintage travel trailer bug these days :)

Here is a fun little link that I just found again...it shows many examples of travel trailers through out the years...have fun!

http://www.allmanufacturedhomes.com/html/vintage_mobile_homes.htm

cool, but not great in windy conditions :lol:

I'm tenting it,
but I really love the look of some of those campers, and trailers,
thanks for that Link.

Jeff(btd)

Pictures soon! :wink:

Little Lost Tiki - will there be a game of "Naked Movie Star" in your tent this year? :wink:

:roll:

YES GINGER!
Private Auditions Only.....

In fact we'll have Jeff BTD
the Star of the movie"Hairy and the Hendersons"
who will be helping me out that weekend...
We're splitting shifts
at the Naked Movie Star Tent
and doing a tag-team DJ Battle during the day! :)

and please don't forget the Kissing/Psychiatrist Booth!

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Little Lost Tiki - You put the CAMP in Camping! :wink:

ha-HA!
This event is gonna be sooooo fun!
So nice to visit and drink and vend with
so many laid-back folks!
I'm really looking forward to some
Mojave Shenanigans!
:)

What happens in Mojave stays in Mojave Ken?
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

yupper,you big hairy DJ of a man!

kenny, you scare me man!lol

ok kids the shots are done, on the boat coming our way, here's the final....thank you Holden !!!

It is hard to write this with my mouth so filled with humble pie.
I spoke with the Queen, and I was wrong. (It's not the first time and it will happen again.)
All that is, is as advertised and then some.
What stands out is not so much the facts, but the amazing Grace shown to me by Amy.
I am indeed humbled to be in grace of a such a woman.
Steve.

T

On 2011-02-28 21:42, bananabobs wrote:
I spoke with the Queen, and I was wrong. (It's not the first time and it will happen again.)
What stands out is not so much the facts, but the amazing Grace shown to me by Amy.
Steve.

Alright !....Nothin' goes better with a mouthful of Humble Pie than Grand Funk Railroad...WHOO !

...or a Mai Tai.

M

Steve.

WOW, this is awesome, Steve. Hope to see you there one of these days! --mr smiley

WooHooo Only 46 More days!!! Do you have your campsite reserved yet????

Steve.

Thanks Steve, You are a good man as well..... I am glad we are square! thank you

Amy

T

The mugs are very original and way beyond cool. I'm want to go to this in spite of the fact there may be naked people with guns.

On 2011-03-02 10:38, tikihai wrote:
The mugs are very original and way beyond cool. I'm want to go to this in spite of the fact there may be naked people with guns.

Tikihai- I will keep the naked gunslingers out of the camp! Nudity is only permitted inside Kenny's tent and that's with the door flap closed and the lights off! :)

Get your tent "Warrior in the Grass" site soon as there only a few left! And trailer "Outrigger" sites are down to 3 left!!! Go to http://www.mojaveoasis.com and click on "Packages" and purchase yours today!

Remember, no hotels or parking lots at this tiki event!!! And our pool is much larger too! :P

TM

Steve.

You are a class act!

Thank you for this!

On 2011-02-28 14:40, little lost tiki wrote:

In fact we'll have Jeff BTD
the Star of the movie"Hairy and the Hendersons"
who will be helping me out that weekend...
We're splitting shifts
at the Naked Movie Star Tent
and doing a tag-team DJ Battle during the day! :)
and please don't forget the Kissing/Psychiatrist Booth!

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Imma need a psychiatrist after THAT!

Wow this looks like fun!
.....stupid Michigan grumble stupid snow grumble grumble stupid job keeping me on wrong side of country 8grumble grumble grumble*

Hi All, just a quick update...

The Trailer spots where you bring your trailers are all SOLD OUT! we still have some Tent spots left but they too are going fast. Thank you all who have signed up.

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-03-03 13:18 ]

UPDATE...
There are only 12 tent sites left! The vintage trailers are sold out. The bring your own trailer sites are sold out. If you are staying with a friend get your Weekend Passes soon!
Thanks again to our sponsor to date: http://www.donthebeachcomber.com http://www.primobeer.com http://www.asombrosotequila.com http://www.frankiestikicentral.com http://www.tikimania.com
More info soon!

Be sure to drop by The (old) Martini Kings 1963 princess travel trailer at mohave oasis complete with tiki bar.. (new owner MOHAVE OASIS!)
enjoy the photo of the trailer!

B

I'm not going to vend at this event, but I was thinking about leaving up a clay table under a pop-up over by my trailer where folks can come over and play in some mud if they like?

Maybe, allow folks to alter some slip castings from some of my old molds, or teach some basic hand building to those interested in having a few cocktails, and getting their hands dirty over at Babalu's trailer...does any of this sound interesting to anybody?

Z
zond2 posted on Fri, Mar 11, 2011 5:56 PM

Ooo..ooo..ooo...
I'm interested! I'd love to play with a slip cast! Can we take the greenware home with us?

[ Edited by: zond2 2011-03-11 17:58 ]

"...does any of this sound interesting to anybody?"

I'm always ready to learn at the feet of the master :)

I want to learn!

On 2011-03-11 13:28, Babalu wrote:
I'm not going to vend at this event, but I was thinking about leaving up a clay table under a pop-up over by my trailer where folks can come over and play in some mud if they like?

Maybe, allow folks to alter some slip castings from some of my old molds, or teach some basic hand building to those interested in having a few cocktails, and getting their hands dirty over at Babalu's trailer...does any of this sound interesting to anybody?

Yes - way cool! Can we bond some old Tiki Farm stuff up for fun & see what happens?

T

Sounds fun, I'm in!!

B

Ohhhh, this sounds like fun!!

I'll throw a bunch of clay fixin's in the back of the truck, and haul it up with me for a possible Party Clay Jam. :)

This is gonna be one epic weekend!

On 2011-03-11 13:28, Babalu wrote:

Great idea Rick!!!!!! Save me a spot !

A

Hi Queenie -
Did we miss this somewhere? We're bringing our tent trailer and wondering if there will be hook-ups for electricity?
Valerie (and Tony)

Hi Tony, you have a pop up so you will be where the trailers are, there are individual hookups. On the tent side for those reading this there will be electric right by the tens and water . Tent people, no electric heaters please! Thank you

RD

On 2011-03-13 18:31, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

On the tent side for those reading this there will be electric right by the tens and water . Tent people, no electric heaters please! Thank you

Hi Queen,

Does each tent site actually have access to its own individual electric outlet and water or will it be in close proximity that all will have to share? My mental image from some of the pictures is that the tents are all in a grassy area that may not lend itself to individual outlets. Your comment about no heaters seems to indicate that each tent will have access to its own outlet. Please clarify for us tent people.

Thanks!

The tent spots are in two areas. It's a bit hard to describe, but yes each tent has access to one outlet close by. There is a 4plug outlet by every 4 tent spots. Water is more general at not at every site, but close enough. Hope that helps

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-03-13 23:14 ]

S

i am super fired up on tent camping. one outlet should be enough for each tent. and it shouldn't be that cold at night that you will need a heater, there will be a bonfire if you get alittle cold. remember, it in the mojave dessert.

B

Yeah, that should be awesome, but watch out for rabid wildlife!

Ha!!
here we go,
the downturn of the thread.
:roll:

Jeff(btd)

sorry Officer Fun-police
this isn't covered under your jurisdiction....

I didn't say it wasn't fun.
I'm just saying hang on for a wild ride now.

geeez yer turning into a old grump now.
Eeyore indeed.

Jeff(btd)

looks like someone's looking to get some rabies!
:lol:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies