Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies

Ken-We will have coffee...One brewing for the masses and a special blend brewing just for you...:P

On 2011-03-29 22:02, mrsmiley wrote:

On 2011-03-29 08:31, mrsmiley wrote:
Hi, we have a 12 foot trailer and a 10x10 vending awning. Hopefully we can vend out of our site (12=10 =22 feet is less than your max 25' allowed trailer), as I would like to be able to hang out at my trailer that weekend while I vend. Pretty please???

We want people to check out and hang out at our trailer and see our theme. If I have to vend 100's of yards away, I can't do that. Plus it is nice to be able to stay near our stuff when vending is closed.
I can understand how if one has a big RV that this wouldn't be possible, but for those with small trailers it would be a great option.

Ok Mr Smiley, so you don't continue having a conversation with yourself :wink: ....Allowing vending from one's trailer site will be on an individual basis.... The goal is not to have a ton of foot traffic in the camp sites for those who are relaxing. You may have the room and we can work out the hours...it's all possible!!! Call me.

M

We will have a carving village!

I'll bring some extra wood, and a few extra tools, so even newbies can show up and try their hand at some carving.

We should be setup for most if the day on Saturday, and possibly on Friday too.

Can't wait to see you all there!

CA

Burning!??
My vid is a test to see how bad the damage to unfortified lath would be by heat. Too bad any humid climate will rust these things to the ground in months... they are cool looking! form -not- following function. It took 20 hrs of 'Sculpting' to just put stucco on the out side of a wire 'sculpture'... next test is to see how bad the cracking will be!!! this may just be a 'burning man' exercise - but it will be fun! and look great as it goes up or down in flames! Crazy....

I knew this 'project' would not be cost effective and sat on it for over 10 years since my first one 12 feet tall!

hope this current heat is around on the 15th! for all us desert rats who love it!
(Not good for slapping stucco around however)

[ Edited by: crazy al 2011-03-31 10:51 ]

S

Totally bitchin, can't wait

S

I always bring a coffee maker camping. And coffee liqueur, just to get the day started out right.

B

So if we have a tent site, is parking nearby or do we have to lug our stuff across town? I'll bring a dolly or luggage carrier if needed. Just like to know in advance!

[ Edited by: Bill5925 2011-04-01 17:38 ]

For renters, you will have some time to park near your Trent, unload the car then park the car. So no worries there

Amy

Double post sorry

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-04-01 17:49 ]

B

Ok, got my tent spot reservation! Looking forward to it!! Though I do wish I could bring my Labrador. How lit up is the area? Is it worth me bringing my telescope?

T

It's definitely worth bringing your telescope...dark skies and BIG bright stars out there.

13 days to go!!!!

We have just a handful of tent site left!

If you are planning on staying someone who has already reserved their spot, then please pay asap! we need to start giving a headcount to the Luau people (we don't want to run out of food!!!)

Please direct any questions to [email protected]

I am ready to see this Tropical Oasis and enjoy what I consider the kick off of what is to be the Summer Of Tiki.
People will look back at 2011 and think of it like the smelly Hippys look back at the Summer of Love.

Long live the Queen...........

W

CA

Wilder!? you best be putting that Pith Helmet to good use finally! i hope you got your Coco Nut Toss partner lined up....??

T

We just got back from there. We've been helping out and hanging decor all weekend. This gonna be something totally different than what your used too. Very impressed with Amys vision and dedication to making sure you have a very memorable experience. That's all I can say without saying too much.

Well gang we are sold out! And the sign is up, you know what that means we are just about done, today we finished the bar, Ben, tiki ray, Cindy and the most beautiful carved mermaids that hang in the bar, it looks great maybe a photo tomorrow. For now enjoy the sign made by Amanda and Chris Nelson!!!! And it is of the logo designed by Jim Bacchi It is truly amazing!!!

As an FYI, the bar has an amazing diaorama by mad dog mike, painting by Kenny Ruzic, vintage tropicana poles by Benzart lights by tiki skip and kakaka, Amazing giant clam shell roof by tiki diablo and just the overall the amazing talants of bamboo Ben. There is much much more to tell, but later :)

Amy

Ps- my bad on the sign, buzzy did the great big Moai which is the logo, he also did the great big one outside the gate that many of you will get to see. Buzzy has been working on so many projects I forgot to mention him..... I will be posting more pics soon, so keep watching

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-04-03 20:53 ]

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-04-03 23:34 ]

K

Love the sign! Can't wait!

the sign is so awesome!

be sure to drop in at mojave and check out this trailer!

T

WHOO ! The sign is up.Open for business !
Looks great Amy. 2 weeks and counting !

Oh my god how exciting to see the sign up and lit! we're soooooooo proud! Can't wait to see it with our own eyes!!! Thank you amy!

I was there this weekend installing my small part of Amy's incredible art collection, here's a picture of me skivy-dipping in the lake.

Amy is a class act - full of grace and pulling together a dream oasis for all her friends to enjoy. I had previously met Ben only briefly, he is a consummate professional -so willing to help. Thank you Ben. Chris mixes a mean Mai Tai and TikiRay knows his way around a BBQ!

Buzzy's work is flourishing in the desert and the whole campground is a living museum of artwork with Queen Kamehameha serving as curator.

When life hands you molasses, make rum

(edited for stupid grammar errors)

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-04-03 21:49 ]

this is probably been answered already but can someone tell me the food situation for mohave? is there a bar-b-q friday or saturday? is there any type of store to get other food supplies at the campsite say for lunch etc?
thanx!
tony

Hi Tony, All, that's a good question.... We originally were going to have food trucks but decided against it. We will have cooks everyday . Friday hours are still being worked on but will have sandwiches and BBQ , sat is 8am-3pm with fresh coffee and or tea, idyll wild tea company bakery items( all fresh European breads, eclairs, muffins, etc) full egg breakfast and sandwiches all day8-3) Then the luau that night at 6:30. Sunday is the same.

These meal will have a charge, but we have kept the prices way down for the event!!!!

Amy

S

Nice work Buzzy, see you soon

Z
Zaya posted on Mon, Apr 4, 2011 9:00 AM

It's so exciting seeing it all come together! You guys have worked so hard! I'm really looking forward it.

See you there Stever! :)

S

Looking forward to partying with you zaya it's been awhile .
I'll have a bar at our camp site, 11days left.

its official, Im gonna make it to MO

We are SOLD OUT for the package sales, however we have Weekend Passes still available for those who have been slow to commit. Get your pass today. Remember, $75 for those staying in the campground and $99 for those staying elsewhere (on their own.) PayPal to [email protected] and leave a note mentioning who you are staying with in the note section. We need to have a count for the Luau people by next Sunday. Email me at [email protected] with any questions.

http://www.mojaveoasis.com
http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com

"Marriage, Mortgages, Mojave and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-04-04 15:40 ]

T

Amy what a pro you are at this!
You are the first lady of the tiki party.
I just wish we could be there.
It is an honor to have my lights in well, all of your
tiki creations, Heck even in your tea shop.
So thank you very much and great job!!!!
The sign is just awesome.
Say hey to Ray for us he is a super guy.

On 2011-04-04 14:56, Sophista-tiki wrote:
its official, Im gonna make it to MO

Yipeeee! It will be good to see you Dawn!!!

On 2011-04-04 16:39, tikiskip wrote:
Amy what a pro you are at this!
You are the first lady of the tiki party.
I just wish we could be there.
It is an honor to have my lights in well, all of your
tiki creations, Heck even in your tea shop.
So thank you very much and great job!!!!
The sign is just awesome.
Say hey to Ray for us he is a super guy.

Hi Skip, Thank you so Much! I don't know if pro is the the word, but I do try hard to make it fun.
I wish you and Barb were gonna be here as well. yes your lights are terrific and now they are in the Mojave!
Ray says Hi and hopes you come to visit! Glad you like the sign, it is amazing in person, Amanda and Chris did an amazing job!

Amy

There have been a few questions brought up that I should answer here:

1-Q: SINCE YOU ARE SOLD OUT, SHOULD WE JUST PLAN ON COMING TO THE NEXT EVENT?
A: COME TO THIS EVENT! IF YOU WANT TO COME, YOU CAN STILL PURCHASE WEEKEND PASSES FOR $99 AND PLAN YOUR
STAY IN BARSTOW. (I RECOMMEND THE BEST WESTERN ON MAIN)

2-Q: OUR FRIEND ALREADY PURCHASED A SPOT, CAN WE STILL GET PASSES AND STAY WITH THEM?
A: YES!!! WE ALLOW UP TO 4 PEOPLE PER SITE! YOU NEED TO PURCHASE YOUR WEEKEND PASS ASAP!!!

3-Q: WILL THERE BE FOOD THERE?
A: YES!!! FRIDAY LUNCH AND DINNER WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE. SATURDAY AND SUNDAY FROM 8AM-3PM THE
GRILL WILL BE OPEN FOR BREAKFAST AND LUNCH. WE ARE KEEPING THE MEAL COSTS UNDER $5, SO IT WILL PROBABLY BE
CHEAPER TO EAT HERE THAN BRING FOOD!
AND DON'T FORGET THE HAWAIIAN STYLE LUAU SATURDAY NIGHT THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE WEEKEND PASS!

4-Q: WILL THERE BE A BAR?
A: YES!!! WE WILL BE SERVING MAI-TAI'S, MOJAVE PUNCH, JUNGLE JETSETTERS, MARGARITA & PINA COLADA SLUSHIES!!!
AND DON'T FORGET PRIMO BEER ON TAP ALL WEEKEND!!!

***WE NEED TO GET AN ACCURATE HEAD COUNT TO THE LUAU PEOPLE (AND FOR OUR OWN INVENTORY) SO PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR PASSES TODAY. THANKS!

I'm sure there are other questions...please direct them to [email protected]. Thanks!

http://www.mojaveoasis.com
http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com

"Marriage, Mortgages, Mojave and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-04-05 09:59 ]

I hate to do this in a public forum but you still have not responded to my question.

question: Which lake do I pee in? The one with fish or the trampoline?

Thank you for your quick response.

the trampoline lake is for #1
the fish lake is for #2 (the fish need to be fed)

On 2011-04-05 10:19, Wildsville man wrote:
I hate to do this in a public forum but you still have not responded to my question.

You can pee in the lake I throw you in!!! Is that a quick enough response?

The one with the trampoline is right next to the bar, that seems to be the logical one to pee in :D

your such a dumb ass....lol the fish lake of course! :wink: (kidding)

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-04-05 10:54 ]

double post... sorry

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-04-05 10:53 ]

On 2011-04-05 10:34, little lost tiki wrote:
the trampoline lake is for #1
the fish lake is for #2 (the fish need to be fed)

Kinny where do you find the time!!!!

T

All peeing will be done in the Wildsman trailer....dig ?

Kirby and I won't be bring out pool chems,
as a lake is not a pool.
but please, no peeling in the lake people.
that's just wrong.

Soccer Tiki said there is restrooms,
this is about rouging it, but lets not go Primal.

Jeff(btd)

TM

I went to the Mojave oasis website, and noticed they had biographies on all the artists, Bill Tapia, Tikiyaki Orchestra and also DJ Big Tiki Dude…but sadly, the Menehunes were not included? Anyway, I guess no one sent the proprietors of this event our promo package, our great, big deluxe promo package…so here is a brief bio of the band in case you were wondering:

“The Smokin’ Menehunes were formed in 2003 by Kevin “Tiki Bong” Bullat and Spike “Lucky Designs” Marble (Of the Hula Girls Band) as an instrumental Hawaiian music band. Shirley Orlando was the next person to join, followed by Lucas Vigor. Originally, the band played instrumental music only, and had its debut gig at Bamboo Ben’s shop. Other early gigs included Tiki Oasis 04, the International Tiki Day at Al-ii’s pad, and Polypop’s Daughter’s birthday party. The last gig with this incarnation of the band was Biff’s “Mahaloween” party, where the incident occurred. A massive fist fight of biblical, epic proportions which tore the band asunder.
Into the wreckage strode Pat “Palika” Enos, a native of Kaneohe bay, Hawaii, who saw an opportunity to craft what was basically his own backing band…but since Kevin and Lucas were major fans of Hapa-Haole music, *(but could not sing well), they rolled with it and welcomed Uncle Pat into the fold.
In the ensuing years, The Menehunes have played at every single major Tiki Event or Tiki Bar within a 100 mile radius except for Tiki oasis. For every 1 event they play in public, they have played 10 private events…mostly weddings, corporate events, luaus, bar-mitzvas and pre-trial hearings. Expanding their repertoire to include just about every classic Hapa-Haole standard from the golden age of Tiki, The Menehunes represent the vintage wing of “Tiki” music, with no traces of neo-tiki, surf or rock in their sound. In addition to great music, the band now includes 2 of the biggest assholes in the Tiki Community, Lucas and Bong, plus Pat…who needs no explanation (Ask him what is in his thermos!). The Menehunes have always been scorned, ridiculed or flat-out ignored by their fellow musicians, and rightly so! Banned from the biggest Tiki Event for the 7th straight year, they are very proud of their reputation! The Smokin’ Menehunes are looking forward to this Mojave event..and all we can say is: WINNING! BRING IT!”

can you say bitter?

but I don't blame him.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

hummmm..... the sense of humor here is hard to read. a little more subtlety is needed I think.......lol

"The Menehunes have always been scorned, ridiculed or flat-out ignored by their fellow musicians, and rightly so! Banned from the biggest Tiki Event for the 7th straight year, they are very proud of their reputation! The Smokin’ Menehunes are looking forward to this Mojave event..and all we can say is: WINNING! BRING IT!”

Lucas, the Mojave Oasis Crew is very proud to have the Smokin Menehunes Play at our first Event! See you in 10 days!

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-04-05 12:00 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies