:lol:

Oh how I would love to see that MO Lake Monster! Wendy

On 2010-12-12 10:49, little lost tiki wrote:
got Fish?
i would hope so!
Just hoping there's enough to feed the
Mojave Oasis Lake Monster!!!!
:lol:

His name is Moe, and he's a happy lake monster, not angry..... Please fix!

That's his happy face,Amy!
:)

Mojave lore says he has a taste for MaiTais...

test mug samples from babalu, let me know what you think

K
kirby posted on Sat, Dec 18, 2010 6:23 PM

I like them all alot but the I would go with the lighter ones they look more sandy/deserty to me The other ones are verging on have a more dirty muddy look although they still look cool..
Have you thought of doing a vintage turquoise version or something like that? it seems to fit the travel trailer kinda thing.

Seem to get progressively grungier. I actually like the last one best, really accents the texturing.

I love the mug, I like the sand colors but I really like Kirby's idea as well how about adding some pale turquoise and salmon color, very retro :)

P.S. I'm never much for pastel tiki mugs but I think it would be fitting for this event :wink:

I dig the darker and dirtier ones. I like the way it makes the lettering pop.

Great mug! My 2 cents: keep them in the middle so just enough hangs up in the cracks to pop the details. Can't wait to see the finished product!

One of my Christmas gifts was the Brinkman QBeam 3 million candlepower Spot/Flood light - pefect for camping! My son promises it will shine a spot on the moon or burn a hole clean though a vampire :lol:

Plus, it has blue, amber, and red lenses for the perfect mood lighting at Mojave Oasis :D

I wonder if Moe is attracted to light?

Mojave Oasis is Excited and proud to announce that we have added the Smokin' Menehunes with Special Guest Bill Tapia!!!!!!!!!!

YES BILL TAPIA!!! He is known as the Duke of Uke: in the Ukulele Hall of Fame, is known as the oldest professional entertainer still performing full-time, has played with Louis Armstrong, Fats Waller, Johnny Noble, and many other notable entertainers.

They join Tikiyaki Orchestra and DJ BTD and others for a tiki-rific Saturday of entertainment. The Smokin' Menehunes with Bill will play 2 Sets on Saturday April 16th before the BIG HAWAIIAN LUAU!

T

And this is the toy Santa brought me for xmas . A Masterbuilt XL smoker . I will be bringing it . It has tons of room . Just let me know and if theres room you can throw a pork roast, tri tip etc in it as long as there is room for mine . 4 LARGE racks .

T

Yee Haw !!!

MR

Now Ray (motherly tone here) you know the problems that your smoker started on facebook. Let's not cause problems here as well.

hi!
the marsico family purchased a pop up tent trailer (sleeps 4)and we wanna tow it to mohave.have room left for us? where do we purchase our tickets for camping?
thanks!
tony

On 2011-01-09 19:38, martini kings wrote:
hi!
the marsico family purchased a pop up tent trailer (sleeps 4)and we wanna tow it to mohave.have room left for us? where do we purchase our tickets for camping?
thanks!
tony

Aloha Tony and family! Please go to: http://www.mojaveoasis.com and select "THe Packages". You will want to buy the "Outrigger Package" for you and your trailer, then buy a "Weekend Pass" for each person you bring over 3 years old. Check out the Weekend Pass...It includes the Hawaiian Luau and all the weekend entertainment and full enjoyment of the campground. Don't forget to bring your inflatable floatables!

See you there!

For those "Warriors in the Grass"...

Get your space now before they're gone!

final mug is turquoise is the one, thanks for the idea Kirby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all like it! the contest prizes will be hand painted versions....

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-01-13 13:56 ]

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOOVE the turquoise mug! WOW!

T

Awesome....Love the turquoise as well. Very 50's.

T

Those look great! We're sorry we won't be able to make it. Any chance of non-attendees getting ahold of one?

awesome!

On 2011-01-13 14:26, Tobor64 wrote:
Those look great! We're sorry we won't be able to make it. Any chance of non-attendees getting ahold of one?

Hi Tober, thanks, so far I am not selling outside the event, but if you can't do the whole event, do Saturday day pass and you can get the mug! thanks

Amy

T

Hi, this is Todd and Deborah, we are "outriggers" and brining out own trailer (and Rum punch!)... can't wait for the tent/trailer crawl!

Turquoise was a great choice! Dig it!

Thank you all, glad you like the mug! Here is the shot glasses that will be given out in the goodie bags!

Nice use of white contrast on the shot glasses, seems like you don't see much of that on tiki mugs

T

The mugs & shots look awesome!!

Is there any new info on the contests, crawls, & vendors? We can't wait to start planning our decorations & drink for the crawl. It's only 87 days away. We can't wait!!

The shot glasses look great,tiki farm and doug horne are a winning combination. Also,sea foam green makes me think of the great american strats of the 60's surf bands.

These would make a great salt and pepper set with a slight modification from Holden.

Long live the Queen.

W

On 2011-01-18 09:37, TikiPops wrote:
The mugs & shots look awesome!!

Is there any new info on the contests, crawls, & vendors? We can't wait to start planning our decorations & drink for the crawl. It's only 87 days away. We can't wait!!

for updated info please check outhttp://mojaveoasis.com/newsandevents.html

if you have a great contest idea, please PM me, thanks

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-01-18 15:28 ]

K
kirby posted on Thu, Jan 20, 2011 4:55 PM

Here is something special I am bringing with me!!
"The Mojave Oasis Camping Companion"
Its a Tiki Pendant, its a flashlight and no camper should leave home without an emergency stash of matches, just in case there is a tiki torch to be lit.

Mojavi!! er I mean Mohalo!!

On 2011-01-20 16:55, kirby wrote:
Here is something special I am bringing with me!!
"The Mojave Oasis Camping Companion"
Its a Tiki Pendant, its a flashlight and no camper should leave home without an emergency stash of matches, just in case there is a tiki torch to be lit.

Mojavi!! er I mean Mohalo!!

Brilliant!

Got Greyhounds? Viva Kate!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2011-01-20 17:25 ]

KIRBY ROCKS!!!!! :lol:

T

On 2011-01-20 17:43, MadDogMike wrote:
KIRBY ROCKS!!!!!

Ditto!

LT

Love it!

Kirby is the master!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 2011-01-20 18:30, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
Kirby is the master!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree! I had the chance to play with one at the Rumpus Room it's a great idea and the matches strike on anything. I need one of these it's around
My neck and i can't lose it. ( which is something i do a lot of these days)I Great idea and Kirby is the prince of pentant making for sure.

Kirby,
even better than I imagined in my mind, when you were telling me about it on the phone.
Kudos sir.

Jeff(btd)

M

I heard the ( bring your own )Trailer spaces are almost sold out!

Here is a "spy" shot of Inky and my 1958 Terry Trailer!

ps- if anyone has any info on Terry Tralers of this era, please PM me! Thanks!

On 2011-01-20 21:03, mrsmiley wrote:
I heard the ( bring your own )Trailer spaces are almost sold out!

Here is a "spy" shot of Inky and my 1958 Terry Trailer!

ps- if anyone has any info on Terry Tralers of this era, please PM me! Thanks!

Sweet! Yes, Mr Smiley, the spaces are going quickly!

J

The shot glasses are awesome! I want to go even more now!

So, I've reserved a tent space.... I'm not much of a camper, so this will be interesting! And I even found a tent tucked away in the garage. Just need a couple of sleeping bags, camp stove, etc. Got plenty of time to collect what we need. Li'l Blue and I will be there! If anyone needs a space to crash, we can accomodate. So will it be first come, first served on choosing your tent spaces? How early on Friday will folks be arriving? This should be fun!

Orange County peeps might be interested in this'54 pop up, needs restoration.:
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/rvs/2175198666.html

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies