Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies

On 2011-01-23 10:27, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
So will it be first come, first served on choosing your tent spaces? How early on Friday will folks be arriving?

Yes, more details, please! And how about some more pics, say, of the camping area? Maybe a map showing the site layout for the weekend?

I read further on the website and it says arrivals from 12 to 5 on Friday. Agreed, a layout map would be nice to see, though!

I started making a list of (practical)things I need for our camper and I realised the plastic Trader Vic's pilsner cups are perfect beause of their lack of fragility!
For sale on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Trader-Vics-VEGAS-tall-cocktail-Pilsner-POOL-cup-NEW-/270677287044?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f059fa084

If I have any left, I will sell tham at the event also( I have a vendor space).

I'm the most thirstiesterest of all!
TRADER VIC'S stuff for sale on EBAY 1957SPUTNIK
http://shop.ebay.com/1957sputnik/m.html
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2011-01-23 23:15 ]

So, I've reserved a tent space.... I'm not much of a camper, so this will be interesting! And I even found a tent tucked away in the garage. Just need a couple of sleeping bags, camp stove, etc. Got plenty of time to collect what we need. Li'l Blue and I will be there! If anyone needs a space to crash, we can accomodate. So will it be first come, first served on choosing your tent spaces? How early on Friday will folks be arriving? This should be fun!

Hi Kiki, you may come anytime on Friday after 12 noon, Your tent space is assigned, but they are all on grass and nice. We will be sending out a list of items you should bring with you to help make this enjoyable.... It will be fun!

Amy

On 2011-01-23 11:33, 4WDtiki wrote:

So will it be first come, first served on choosing your tent spaces? How early on Friday will folks be arriving?

Yes, more details, please! And how about some more pics, say, of the camping area? Maybe a map showing the site layout for the weekend?

I am working on a map of the camp layout as we speak. 12 noon on Friday for arrivals.

Amy

On 2011-01-23 23:13, mrsmiley wrote:
I started making a list of (practical)things I need for our camper and I realised the plastic Trader Vic's pilsner cups are perfect beause of their lack of fragility!
If I have any left, I will sell tham at the event also( I have a vendor space).

Great idea!

More Mug Pictures, coming out of the Kiln.......

Also, will have a run down on all the amenities, events and a map of the park soon, hang in

Amy

Just Wow! That's impressive!! Fun! Fun! Fun!

OooOoo! Pretty!

On 2011-01-07 20:12, TIKI-RAY wrote:
And this is the toy Santa brought me for xmas . A Masterbuilt XL smoker . I will be bringing it . It has tons of room . Just let me know and if theres room you can throw a pork roast, tri tip etc in it as long as there is room for mine . 4 LARGE racks .

Well for XMAS, I got a wollen cap & gloves (for late nite smoke breaks) and a Magic Bullet!?! Ray... you're killin' me here!!

Tiki-Ray, I've been wanting to smoke fire some ceramics, do ya think....?
:lol:

T

Mike: As long as you dont mind rib juices adding to the glaze .
Holden:Get in line for some good eatin'.
I should have a contest to see how many ribs I can get in this baby .

CA

High Desert Ho-Down! BBQ and ALL!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeee Haw!

Looks like Ol #151 could pitch a tent he's so Happy!
This was Hukilau #2?? Maybe we could get Tiki-Bob to dirrect the Buck-riding Races!!!

T

Ill have to try and fatten Al up with a mess o ribs . What will it be Al? Smoked Hula Ribs or my new Peach rub ribs ?????? Ill even sign one for ya .

You making me hungry!

CA

man? if i can get a Peach Rub! and for free!???

hey you two,
get a room.

Jeff(btd)

On 2010-11-11 08:13, SoccerTiki wrote:
On the Lake: To those planning on bringing "toys" for the water...Think "INFLATABLE FLOATABLES". What could be better than floating around on an inner-tube with a Mojave Punch or a Primo in your hand?

On the Vintage Trailer Rentals: We will start a "Wait List" and fill it in the order received. I WILL POST HERE AND GIVE EVERYONE AT LEAST 2-DAYS WARNING BEFORE THEY GO UP FOR RENT. WE ARE PLANNING ON HAVING TEN TRAILERS, SO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS SITE FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

On the Luau: Why go to Hawaii when you can have a REAL HAWAIIAN STYLE LUAU right here in the Southern California Desert? There will be a "Pig Ceremony" with a 1 hour show. Lots of food and a complimentary 'Mojave Punch".

On the Entertainment: Bring your lawn chairs or blankets for Friday Movie Night under the stars! We will be showing some theme-appropriate vintage classics and dishing out free popcorn! Saturday will be highlighted by the traditional luau AND great music from a couple of Southern California's best exotica & lounge bands. Music will be in the air throughout the weekend in the background to set the tone for a truly enjoyable relaxing Gathering at the Mojave Oasis.

Update..There are a lot of TC'ers that commented on wanting to join in the festivities and haven't booked yet.. We still have a few trailer spots and tent sites. We will be opening the reservations to the general public (IE. trailer and camping clubs) very soon.

WooHoooo! Only 76 more days.....this is an Event that You're NOT Going to Want to Miss!!! :)

Hi All,

I know you are all waiting for and wanting an update as this is a first time event, but I don't want to post any pictures till it's ready.

I have BambooBen onsite, Buzzy onsite, Danny(tikiDiablo)soon to be onsite, Tiki Ray carving, Mandy and Chris(nelson's tiki hut)do the main entrance sign, Kenny(Ken Ruzic)doing what he does best, MadMike doing an amazing undersea bubble wall of fish, moai etc for the back of the bar. Hiphipahula, making a drink menu with special drinks, Benzart carvings And my Onsite Builder Dave with his guys making the trailer sites, planting palms and flowers, adding showers etc all working on the property daily. SoccerTiki is doing the ground designs. It is coming along amazingly, If you have been to my yard or my treehouse you know I will make it fun, different and cool. I wish I could show you more, but you'll you have to trust me.

Music will be Bill Tapia, the smokin Menehunes, Tikiyaki, DJ JeffBTD and more. Don't forget the big Luau on Saturday nite! The Pig Roast will be worth the event!

Doug Horne is doing the map of the complete grounds that will be available at the event. And I will show that here when complete.

Right now the tent sites are more then 65% filled, the rent-able trailers are all taken and the Bring your own trailers have only 6 spots left. I will hold the reservations to TC members till February 15th so if you want to attend, please act soon. After 2/15 I will open whats left to a few California trailer clubs who have inquired. If you have any questions, please PM me or Chris.

Thanks

Amy
http://www.mojaveoasis.com

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-01-27 15:51 ]

Thanks, Amy, great update!

Amy,

Thanks for the update, sounds like things are coming along swimmingly.

Booked my Outrigger trailer package, looking forward to a great time.

DC

J

I had a preview of Kelly's event drink at the Tonga Hut last night. It's Tequilla-based and called "La Sirena" (sp?).

WOW !! That was one STIFF and smooooth cocktail. I'd rate this in the same class as her legendary Shaka Hula Bossa Nova.

I anticipate many happy imbibers in the desert. That drink made me happy last night. :)

On 2011-01-31 09:07, JOHN-O wrote:
I had a preview of Kelly's event drink at the Tonga Hut last night. It's Tequilla-based and called "La Sirena" (sp?).

WOW !! That was one STIFF and smooooth cocktail. I'd rate this in the same class as her legendary Shaka Hula Bossa Nova.

I anticipate many happy imbibers in the desert. That drink made me happy last night. :)

Will you be joining us in the desert Mr O.? :P

I can't wait to take a ride on MO!

Hopefully Amy will feed him before the festivities start!
:)

On 2011-01-31 18:31, little lost tiki wrote:

Poodles & Small Children Welcome!

B
Babalu posted on Tue, Feb 1, 2011 4:03 PM

Well, it looks like I'm not going to have enough time, or money to get my 1947 Aero Flite tricked out for the event :(

I will have a fancy party tent to pitch though :) I'll have to shoot for the goal of having my trailer done for Mojave Oasis 2012!!

The event mugs are DONE, however, and they look purdy! Squid and I pulled a few late nighters glazing them up the weekend before last...

My wife and I are going to deliver them out to the Camp Grounds on the 11th and then head into Vegas for the weekend...anybody else going to be partying at Frankies that weekend?

I'm not to sure about Frankies but, I love the photo of all the mugs and the typical look of Squid! :) classic !

A

Last week I PayPal'd for an RV spot, and enough tickets for 3 of us party animals! WooHoo!!!!!!! See you WooHoo Lady and Soccer Gentleman! :)
How many more days?
Louis

On 2011-01-31 18:31, little lost tiki wrote:
I can't wait to take a ride on MO!

:)

Kenny, Thats why I asked to come early ! :wink:

Thans Babs, great photo! congrats to all who bought tickets , it is getting closer....

Amy

PS mini update, for those that think the desert isn't tropical, 40 palm trees arrive tomorrow......

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-02-01 21:47 ]

T

40 Palm Trees is WAY tropical.

FYI, The TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA will be doing the Saturday Night, big Post Luau Show under the A-Frame on the main stage.

Our first show since New year's Eve.

If the Turquise Boogie Van is rockin, don't bother knockin.

WHOO !

B
Babalu posted on Thu, Feb 3, 2011 3:58 PM

That's one HOT VAN!! :up:

Speaking of cool lodging...I don't know if this Palace trailer (I found in an old magazine) ever made anywhere other than off the drawing table, but I sure would like to see a real one. :)

So Queen K, are we going to get to go crazy around a big bond fire out there?

On 2011-02-03 15:58, Babalu wrote:

So Queen K, are we going to get to go crazy around a big bond fire out there?

I wanted a place without nosy neighbors, architectural committees, rules and regulations, we got that and more! So.........We are out in the Mojave, no neighbors no committees, ...I think we are up for whatever! :)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Feb 3, 2011 4:28 PM

On 2011-02-03 16:15, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
I think we are up for whatever! :)

ORGY!!!

K

Shouldn't you look happier, Grog? :)

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 4, 2011 12:59 PM

GROG VERY happy. You just can't tell because it's hidden by her leg in the photo.

P.S. Funny Photoshop of GROG being spanked created by Stephen Sandoval

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-02-04 13:01 ]

Hi All, well, It's still not quite ready for photos, but Doug Horne did up some artwork to show you what Mojave will look like, it's very close so but not doesn't show all the trailer spots or tent spots, but you get the idea,Doug did a great job! I hope you like it!

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-02-04 13:22 ]

Great Map,Doug!
Get-tin EX-CITED!!!!!!

T

Doug, Great map!!
Amy, I know this place is going to be outrages!!

Working on a killer drink for the crawl, & collecting & making decorations for the trailer. Can't wait!!!

Can I request a QUIET tent spot on the outskirts of the caming area? Seriously, I don't think anyone will be getting any sleep at ALL... I'm preparing myself for shenanigans.

It'll be just like Jr High camp but with lot's more ALCOHOL!!! I'm bringing Vaseline and Saran Wrap for the toilet seats :D

Kiki,

I think it will be great and to get everyone in the camping spirit, I know most I spoke to are leery of camping but really want to come. It can be fun and well fun if you think about the 1000's of possibilities. I added a page on the website to help with some decorating idea. I was thinking that camping is what you make it and the tents and things you can bring to make this super fun and cool are endless. I found some cool stuff laying around the house I might set up a site myself!

Remember to decorate your site, bring an airbed, pillows a funky bed-in-bag, lights, candles, throws, pillows, stools and chairs...look for ideas in the house, yard, web. There will be prizes!!!!

Have fun with it, remember too you are on a completely fenced in site with full bathrooms and showers with hot water and all tents will be on grass. This isn't exactly roughing it, but if you make your tent fun,comfortable and inviting , that will help.....

Maybe we can post ideas here? Get everyone in the spirit!

Amy

http://www.mojaveoasis.com/tentideas.html

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-02-05 13:13 ]

B

WOW Amy! This is gonna be an Awesome gathering and a super fun time. Congrats on putting this all together I Know you must be totally Proud And Exausted. Running on adrenelin is great hey?
Wish I could be there for the fun and stuff but it's a bit far away. Still I'll be there in heart and spirit.
Have FUN!

J
JOHN-O posted on Tue, Feb 8, 2011 4:24 PM

OK, I just signed up for this. I've never been to a multi-day Tiki event before, I'm just happy drinking in Tiki bars. Everyone is telling me that I really can't be "Tiki" unless I go to these things. I have succombed to Tiki peer pressure. :( I hope Tiki culture doesn't start to include hard drugs.

In case any of you "Non-Tenters" didn't catch this: http://www.mojaveoasis.com/tentideas.html Now do you have some ideas???? :P

You all are very creative, the design ideas are unlimited. With airbeds, cots,pillows, have fun with it. USe trunks for tables and pack all your stuff in them for transport.You can do anything and be really comfortable. Heres some pictures just for fun

B

These are kinda cool! :)

Hi,

All I am very excited to unveil the fabric that Dawn Frasier created exclusively for the Mojave Oasis Event. Dawn also did a few others if you would like to check them out,http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/sophista-tiki She is a master at Fabric design. Dawn will be making vintage dresses and Shirts from this fabric that will be available at the Mojave Oasis event. I hope you like it.(sorry for the low res image)

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-02-09 15:08 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies