Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies

On 2010-10-25 20:25, bananabobs wrote:
Any sneak previews?

Coming Attractions:

Buzzy Out!

R

whoa!! that boat is jungle cruise material!!!!awesome..

It's the S.S. Minnow silly

It will be the minnow when done, and here is some more pictures of the trailers. Also the tiki poles are from the tropicana that were carved by benzart, I was able to get what was available, they will look better when standing and holding up the new bar....

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-11-07 18:17 ]

HT

Looks like things are coming together, it will be a place in the desert to have a blast. Thanks for all the hard work.

Here's Soccertiki's maiden voyage on the lake:

I think that's some kind of X-games freestyle waterski trick he's doing there. Right before that, he did this 180 roll move to a invert ski stall that blew our minds. Then, he transitioned into at least a 10 second no hander invert boat stall,and then effortlessly brought it back to a 180 upright stand up to a superman ski drag.
He's going to make up some story about how I tipped him over, but it's not true.
If I did something like that, I'd totally admit it.

Buzzy Out!

classic!

On 2010-11-07 19:59, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Here's Soccertiki's maiden voyage on the lake:

I think that's some kind of X-games freestyle waterski trick he's doing there. Right before that, he did this 180 roll move to a invert ski stall that blew our minds. Then, he transitioned into at least a 10 second no hander invert boat stall,and then effortlessly brought it back to a 180 upright stand up to a superman ski drag.
He's going to make up some story about how I tipped him over, but it's not true.
If I did something like that, I'd totally admit it.

Buzzy Out!

Hey Buzzy! Where's the picture of me airborne??? :P

By the way... The lake water temperature is perfect!!!

K

Cool! I'm bringing my kayaks for the lake!

I'm bringing my inflatable alligator! Or maybe a real one just to keep you on your toes!

[ Edited by: Tangaroa-Ru 2010-11-08 19:25 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 9, 2010 9:00 AM

On 2010-11-08 07:46, SoccerTiki wrote:

You BIG guy. GROG thought this was only way to get Soccertiki airborne.

Looks awesome!
I was thinking that it would be great to stock it and do some fishing but SoccerTiki was saying something about prewarming his wet suit...
never mind...

And then........

There goes the fishing!
:lol:

Soooo looking forward to this!

CA

BUZZ AND THE BEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! Amy!! you got some fix'nz for some real fun here.... Desert nights! nothing like it! (April showers?? i spent a wet spring break in Havasu once, i survived, thanks to all the entertainment by the youngsters... what was i doing at spring break as a 26 year-old??)

lol Al! You're right it will be good, we are planning some really cool stuff, got some cool sponsors, we are all working on this to make it great

Thanks to Chris for all the help, Dawn for the cool art, Doug Horne for the really cool free shot glasses we are giving out, Holden for the help making them. Rory for letting me crouch his space :)giving me advice and everyone else who is pitching in.... and Ray for letting me buy all those trailers!

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-11-10 13:49 ]

Soooo looking forward to this!

Don't forget the water wings!!

T

The spot look great!

I thought he was making little watercrafts...

I am so amped up! I have had my eye on a couple Airstreams for a while now and have not had the impetus to move on them but now I will.

Question; will there be long term rental pads?

B

What a place!!

Look at all those fancy new/old trailers on site!!

One more to go Amy - :wink:

T

Wow! Who's making the 20 foot tall roadside moai? Can't wait!

or the largestBall of Poi?
:)

On 2010-11-11 07:29, tikitony wrote:
Wow! Who's making the 20 foot tall roadside moai? Can't wait!

approx 10', and there will be 2 at the entrance .

:wink:

On the Lake: To those planning on bringing "toys" for the water...Think "INFLATABLE FLOATABLES". What could be better than floating around on an inner-tube with a Mojave Punch or a Primo in your hand?

On the Vintage Trailer Rentals: We will start a "Wait List" and fill it in the order received. I WILL POST HERE AND GIVE EVERYONE AT LEAST 2-DAYS WARNING BEFORE THEY GO UP FOR RENT. WE ARE PLANNING ON HAVING TEN TRAILERS, SO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS SITE FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

On the Luau: Why go to Hawaii when you can have a REAL HAWAIIAN STYLE LUAU right here in the Southern California Desert? There will be a "Pig Ceremony" with a 1 hour show. Lots of food and a complimentary 'Mojave Punch".

On the Entertainment: Bring your lawn chairs or blankets for Friday Movie Night under the stars! We will be showing some theme-appropriate vintage classics and dishing out free popcorn! Saturday will be highlighted by the traditional luau AND great music from a couple of Southern California's best exotica & lounge bands. Music will be in the air throughout the weekend in the background to set the tone for a truly enjoyable relaxing Gathering at the Mojave Oasis.

Packages and prices are coming soon...Stay tuned!

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2010-11-11 08:14 ]

Babs, I wish!

All, we will have spaces for tents, trailers, vendors and carvers, Mieko is incharge of the carving section, please see her for details.

The lake will have a diving area and a swing for that rustic, back home fun feel..... bring those inflatibles.

Yes there will be fishing, on the other lake

On 2010-11-08 07:46, SoccerTiki wrote:

You mean this picture:

oh that must have been a Huge Splash.
believe me I can displace a good amount of water myself.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

T

The pool emptied...it was not pretty.

Rugby Matt isn't NUDE ? What gives?

Aloha! I've passed along a 'Save the Date' to my fellow members of the Towsters Kamper Klub. I'm really excited about this place!! Here's some photos of what we'll be towing along...I am hoping we can all make it to the April event.

This was us (5 trailers) headed to our first vintage trailer rally in Sept:

This is our Cardinal, and our camping toys, at the rally in Buellton:

And this is our club, see you there!!

J

On 2010-11-10 21:41, Babalu wrote:
What a place!!

Wow, that is one GORGEOUS trailer. I am colored green with envy.

S

oooooh yeah we will be there!!! with the old 66 streamline!!! some of you know her better as Rip City!!!

S

you may remember her better with billy jack flag a flyin' and tiki torch lit!!

[ Edited by: sleestak 2010-11-12 09:28 ]

H

Maybe Hicksville could be persuaded to uproot and temporarily relocate some of their trailers:

The Fifi:

The Integratrailer (Influenced by, what else, The Integratron!):

The Lux:

The New World:

edited to fix link

[ Edited by: Hakalugi 2010-11-12 14:20 ]

Soccer Tiki! I am very interested in being put on the list for staying in one of those vintage trailers. But, as I posted earlier, I could always borrow my mom's VW camper and bring that instead. However, please put me on the list when it comes time! Staying in one of those beauties would be too much fun! (And much nicer than the old VW... hippie-chic though it is... not.)

So, speaking of lists, do we need to RSVP to someone so a camping/parking spot will be held for us? This sounds like it could get very full, and I can't get there until Saturday (due to work). Let me know! I do not want to miss this amazing get-together!! I'm bringing S'mores to dunk in rum!! Or something equally campy-appropriate!

The Integratrailer rules!! it's like my little brofeshional!

sleestak, aloha John, now that is what Iam talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hakalugi, I couldn't open that link? tthe trailers look cool!

Hicksville

The outhouse on the website is the link for the press! :lol:

M
Murph posted on Fri, Nov 12, 2010 9:53 PM

What a place!!

Just the pic no info??

What are we looking at? That thing is awesome.

Murph, that is a one off prototype holiday house trailer, it is currently for sale for 135k.....
It's a beauty though

Amy

M

Thanks Amy I had just found the website for it when you posted.:D

http://www.1960prototype.com/

B

Yes, for sure...that Geo-prototype is one of the best designed trailers ever! I would give my left arm for that trailer! Problem is, they wouldn't give me $135K for my left arm...

Here is a pamphlet that was put out by Holiday House on it. I found this document online about 6-7 years ago when this trailer was for sale at "Iowa Boys" in Hollywood. They wanted 23K for it then, but it hadn't been restored at that point either. I wonder what it will be worth in say, 20 years? It's got all the right elements to be worth a bunch...one of a kind prototype, restored, original, all historical documents included...heh, it's hard to say?

Okay, while we are on this little side step...if you like the mid-century/atomic type of look (like duh, all of us here do) you will love this baby too. It's a 1959 Spartan Carousel. Not many of these were made. It is also rare. The one you are looking at is un-restored, and listed now for $15K - Has a circular kitchen, domed skylight (look at that awesome ceiling light!), pink bath fixtures...I think this guy is 35 foot? Which would make it a just the legal limit to tow if I'm not mistaken. Still, I probably wouldn't haul it all over the Country.

Amy can't you see this one with that living room picture window jutted out over one of those lake you got there? :wink:

[ Edited by: Babalu 2010-11-13 08:16 ]

I'm dreaming big too - I hope to find a wall tent. It looks vintage to me and it's in my price range (especially if I can borrow one!) :lol:

thats a swell tent. ImaGINE IF THE CANVAS WASS PAINTED TO LOOK LIKE GRASS MAT PANELS AND THE POLES TO LOOK LIKE BANBOO.

It would be a portable A-Frame!

Amy can't you see this one with that living room picture window jutted out over one of those lake you got there? :wink:

[ Edited by: Babalu 2010-11-13 08:16 ]

Rick, That is very cool! I need to see it in person the kitchen is amazing!!! love the ceiling and the pink appliances, wow

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-11-13 12:18 ]

On 2010-11-12 21:53, Murph wrote:

What a place!!

Just the pic no info??

What are we looking at? That thing is awesome.

this is the trailer I used for the poster illustration

The Saturday night Hawaiian Style Luau includes the following:
Whole Roasted Pig (with ceremony!), Coconut Mahi Mahi, Teriyaki Chicken (grilled boneless/skinless), Mac salad, Mixed Vegetables and More!

And for Entertainment: Fire Dance, "Most festive dances of the islands", Polynesian Drummer, Conch Shell and much more!

This luau alone is worth the price of the weekend pass!!!

And on top of the luau entertainment and food there are the Martini Kings AND The Tikiyaki Orchestra live!!!

And that amount for all this is..........

But wait! There's more! You also get full lake priveledges, campfires, Movie Night, Carvers' Village, Vendors and more!!!!

Stay tuned for Package Prices!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies