Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies

Charlie Sheen said
*"I wanted to watch Jaws on the ocean in the dark and be afraid." *

I'm thinking we could set up a floating screen on the lake and watch that "Mo the Lake Monster" movie while floating in inner tubes - that would be INTENSE!!!!!

I'm giving away a free campground membership to Silent Valley near Banning/Idyllwild CA. Check it out here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=39584&forum=6&start=last&0 This is not affiliated with Mojave Oasis, but I thought if there is an avid camper out there that can't get enough they might like this!

Oh Yeah, By the way, we are getting close to selling out the remaining tent spaces! If you are just coming out for the day/evening, please get your passes soon as we need to get a head count for the Hawaiian Style Luau!!!

On 2011-03-25 10:44, SoccerTiki wrote:
I'm giving away a free campground membership to Silent Valley near Banning/Idyllwild CA. Check it out here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=39584&forum=6&start=last&0 This is not affiliated with Mojave Oasis, but I thought if there is an avid camper out there that can't get enough they might like this!

Are you joining Silver Valley instead??

http://www.silvervalleysunclub.com/

25 Days.

Perhaps you more educated campers should give us knownothings a list of stuff to bring that we wouldn't think of.

I know, I will inevitably need something that I won't have with me.

On 2011-03-25 11:09, tikiyaki wrote:
25 Days.
Perhaps you more educated campers should give us knownothings a list of stuff to bring that we wouldn't think of.
I know, I will inevitably need something that I won't have with me.

Excellent point Jim!!! Actually I will be sending an email to all attendees in a short time listing items to bring, what NOT to bring and what to expect at the campground.

Short list:
Tent(if you're camping), sleeping bag, pillow, blanket, FOLDING CHAIRS, card or folding table, flashlight, camera, bathing suit, sweater or light jacket for evenings, TOWEL, suntan lotion, sunglasses, toothpaste/soap/shampoo, meds and an adventurous attitude!!!!

On 2011-03-25 10:53, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2011-03-25 10:44, SoccerTiki wrote:

Are you joining Silver Valley instead??

http://www.silvervalleysunclub.com/

Ben-Shhhhhhhhhh! :P

...and maybe some rum?

On 2011-03-25 14:05, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
...and maybe some rum?

We'll be serving Mojave Punch (rum), Mai-Tai's (rum), Pina Coladas (rum), Margarita Slushies (tequila)and PRIMO BEER (beer) all at very affordable prices!!! (So low it'll cost you more to stock your own bar!!!)

Breakfast and lunch and munchies will also be available at ridiculously low prices!!!

It's all about making it easy on YOU the campers!!! :wink:

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but, is there a size limit on the tents?

Here ya go Kris

On 2011-03-21 08:42, SoccerTiki wrote:

On 2011-03-19 17:31, IKABOD wrote:
Is there a tent allotment space size? ? X ?. Have a 18foot tent PLUS a 10X10 Gazebo for vending....

The tent sites are 10x15. Vendor site is 10x10. All vendors' tent sites are located right across (20 feet) from the vendor spots.

Click For MOJAVE OASIS Countdown

Thanks Mike. Guess I'm returning my tent.

On 2011-03-26 06:46, Krisdrama wrote:
Thanks Mike. Guess I'm returning my tent.

:lol: How big of a tent did you buy ???!!! :lol:

T

On 2011-03-25 16:54, SoccerTiki wrote:

On 2011-03-25 14:05, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
...and maybe some rum?

We'll be serving Mojave Punch (rum), Mai-Tai's (rum), Pina Coladas (rum), Margarita Slushies (tequila)and PRIMO BEER (beer) all at very affordable prices!!! (So low it'll cost you more to stock your own bar!!!)

Breakfast and lunch and munchies will also be available at ridiculously low prices!!!

Jungle Jetsetters too....Coconut Rum !

On 2011-03-25 16:54, SoccerTiki wrote:

This doesn't sound like camping, more like Tiki Club Med!

DC

Just remembered I have two sets of light up bocce balls. Anyone interested in some night bocce? :)

J

On 2011-03-26 08:55, Dustycajun wrote:
This doesn't sound like camping, more like Tiki Club Med!

Not Tiki Club Med, TIKI WOODSTOCK !!

If it rains, we can all frolic naked in the mud.

J

Also I have to say based on recent Tiki bar conversations...

TCers are fun people to drink with but if I was to get lost in the wilderness they would rank pretty low for desired company. Tiki culture and "roughing it" seem to be pretty mutually exclusive.

If there is a Tiki "Grizzly Adams" out there, please feel free to correct me. :D

On 2011-03-26 10:19, JOHN-O wrote:

If there is a Tiki "Grizzly Adams" out there, please feel free to correct me. :D

Big Tiki Dude!

J

BTD does look the part but I don't know about his survivalist skills. However I'm pretty sure I can outrun him so any chance encounters with angry bears would give me ample time to escape while he was being devoured. (Sorry Jeff).

Hey I used to be a Boyscout,
but that being said, I dropped out at 8th grade.
and that was a loooooong time ago.

Jeff(btd)

K
kirby posted on Sat, Mar 26, 2011 8:52 PM

Its Getting Close!!
One more thing im bringin to MO..
Glowstick Moai Pendants

Awesome! Go Kirby!!!

Last week I ate at a Brazilian steakhouse. You have a disk at your plate that is green on one side and red on the other. They keep bringing you meat until you finally give up and turn the disk over to red.

Maybe you can have glowstick Moais in red and green - they keep giving you drinks as long as your Moai is green until give up and switch your Moai to red! :lol:

Spent the day at Mojave Oasis yesterday, installing some stage lighting and just checking everything out.

I have to say, for those of us who yearn for something resembling the heyday of tiki, this may be the closest we get to having a big tiki playground like the Tikis in Monterey Park.

OK, maybe not quite as over the top or grand in scale, but the same spirit is at work here. A mid-century, polynesian themed playground for us tikiphiles.

I'm sure everyone is going to be VERY blown away by what they will see in April.

If you are stressing about the "camping thing"....Don't....Just stay at the nearby motel, or come for day and relax. It'll be totally worth the road trip.

This will not merely be a hotel being taken over by Tikiphiles for the weekend, but a place especially built for us, with all the classic tiki elements in place
With the added camper trailer twist, it will be truly unique.

See you all in April !

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2011-03-27 16:39 ]

Jim,

Thanks for the update!

Saw this old Kon Tiki trailer ad on the internet and could not help but think of the Mojave Oasis.

Is it too late to request a Volcano feature??

DC

CA

got Fire!

i think i starded on this project a bit late... only took 12 years to make the first one...

camping is fun!

Thanks Jim! Much appreciated! It is a lot further and goes faster the closer we get, almost done!

Dusty, great picture!!

Kirby , another great pendant!!!!

Al, you should make these....

Thanks again, we are just about sold out and we will be ready, the lake, stage bar are all amazing!!

See you all in 19 days

That's crazy Crazy Al!!! :o

I was going to be happy with a tiki cut in the side of a washing machine basket

On 2011-03-22 00:51, little lost tiki wrote:
will trade Art for Grub....
:)

Kinny, I plan on bringing campstove, cooking gear and grub for 4. You're welcome to join us! I just bought some Kona Coast macadamia nut pancake mix for breakkies. Mmmm-mmmMM!

mmmmmmmmmm!
Sounds good!
You can get an early pick on what piece you want,Kiki!
Thanks doll!

HEY!
Is there gonna be Coffee there?
'cause i ain't goin unless there's gonna be coffee there!

Kinny..... Coffee, pasteries, cake, all made at the Oma's bakery at the Idyllwild Tea Shop.....

Also, homemade breads, tea, honey, lotsa good stuff :)

M

Hi, we have a 12 foot trailer and a 10x10 vending awning. Hopefully we can vend out of our site (12=10 =22 feet is less than your max 25' allowed trailer), as I would like to be able to hang out at my trailer that weekend while I vend. Pretty please???

Homegirl thinks of EVERYTHING!!! :)
You are truly the hostess with the mostest,Amy!

I bought a guest pass online the night tickets went on sale, and can't use it. How can I get a refund?

CA

kool new vid..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwlzcagfep0

I hope to have one or two of these done, and for sale, some robo... some cement... but they are in R/D... i wanted to make one in like two days... the first one took a week... so who wants it for a weeks wages!??? PM me.. I'm taking orders! More info as i make it up... prepay deposit with Visa or MC.......

On 2011-03-29 08:31, mrsmiley wrote:
Hi, we have a 12 foot trailer and a 10x10 vending awning. Hopefully we can vend out of our site (12=10 =22 feet is less than your max 25' allowed trailer), as I would like to be able to hang out at my trailer that weekend while I vend. Pretty please???

We want people to check out and hang out at our trailer and see our theme. If I have to vend 100's of yards away, I can't do that. Plus it is nice to be able to stay near our stuff when vending is closed.
I can understand how if one has a big RV that this wouldn't be possible, but for those with small trailers it would be a great option.

Z

A week of whose wages?

CA

On 2011-03-29 22:05, zond2 wrote:
A week of whose wages?

that's what i'm talkin bout!

Here's an idea. What about a hugh tiki bonfire. Burning Tiki. It's time to please the tiki gods.

Going back out today for some finishing touches.

Will try to get some pics soon.

(if i don't loose my card in the volcano! :wink:

Go Ben Go!!!

On 2011-03-29 23:27, telescopes wrote:
Here's an idea. What about a hugh tiki bonfire. Burning Tiki. It's time to please the tiki gods.

That's what the ITD OC Beach Burn is for...Stay tuned for details
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36364&forum=17

That's just what I was thinking Karen.

I'm bringing my French Press! No way I'm gonna sleep on the ground and then not have my cawffee! If you bring some ground coffee, we can brew it up!

On 2011-03-28 14:22, little lost tiki wrote:
mmmmmmmmmm!
Sounds good!
Thanks doll!

HEY!

J

Wow, wow and even more wow!

I was fortunate enough to make the voyage out to MO with Tikiyaki the other day and have not been able to stop raving about nor get the images of the place out of my mind since!

The site is truly remarkable and is absolutely going to exceed any kind of expectations or pre-conceived ideas that people have been formulating in their mind's eye.

Seriously folks, prepare to be wowed and amazed at the Tiki wonderland that is literally being built from scratch for you!!!

For anyone on the fence about this, act immediately!!! This is really going to be something unique and unprecedented and you're gonna want to be able to say that you attended the very first event!

Also, for anyone with trepidations about 'roughing it,' The Mojave Oasis masterminds have gone above and beyond to make sure that there are plenty of modern amenities to assure that your comfort is maintained. Electrical outlets right next to your tent? Absolutely. I'm telling you, even those not necessarily into camping will be quite comfortable.

Of course, you know I'm dying to post photographs of the place, but can't spoil any of the top-secret surprises in store!!!

Tremendous praise to Amy for loving Tiki so much that she wanted to create a playground for us!!!

And....damn.....I wish I could say more, but just wait until you see the incredible blood, sweat and tears that Buzzy and Ben have been putting into this place!!!

Counting the days......

On 2011-03-29 23:27, telescopes wrote:

Couldn't resist...

HT

To celebrate Mojave Oasis I made a frame for a poster for the Event for my Tiki room and a Frame for Amy to thank her for all her hard work and effort to put the event together.

On 2011-03-30 12:49, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
I'm bringing my French Press! No way I'm gonna sleep on the ground and then not have my cawffee! If you bring some ground coffee, we can brew it up!

On 2011-03-28 14:22, little lost tiki wrote:
mmmmmmmmmm!
Sounds good!
Thanks doll!

HEY!

I'm with you guys!!! Coffee coffee coffee!

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2011-03-30 16:09 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies