Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies

G
GROG posted on Tue, Apr 5, 2011 12:20 PM

Yes, GROG happy to see they will be there. GROG bringing tomatoes and rocks to pelt them.

TM

On 2011-04-05 11:52, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
hummmm..... the sense of humor here is hard to read. a little more subtlety is needed I think.......lol

"The Menehunes have always been scorned, ridiculed or flat-out ignored by their fellow musicians, and rightly so! Banned from the biggest Tiki Event for the 7th straight year, they are very proud of their reputation! The Smokin’ Menehunes are looking forward to this Mojave event..and all we can say is: WINNING! BRING IT!”

Lucas, the Mojave Oasis Crew is very proud to have the Smokin Menehunes Play at our first Event! See you in 10 days!

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-04-05 12:00 ]

I can pretty much guarantee, if you like vintage hawaiian music, you won't be dissapointed!

Hey guys, I do have a couple of questions regarding the amenities of the campsites.
Do the campsite have: water faucets, picnic tables, fire rings? I know they have electric...
Thanks!

On 2011-04-05 12:42, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
Hey guys, I do have a couple of questions regarding the amenities of the campsites.
Do the campsite have: water faucets, picnic tables, fire rings? I know they have electric...
Thanks!

The camp sites have electric, water near the sites, not at every site like the electric. Yes to picnic tables for the group, not every campsite, no fire rings, you are welcome to bringa fire pit, travel size, we are in the desert, but have a lot of trees on the property, small firepits or stoves are fine.

lucas-quit bein such a crybaby!
All of vendors and artists aren't even listed...
but do you hear us complaining?
heck no!

Cause this is Mojave Oasis
and that,in itself is an honor just to be attending
and sharing this milestone with so many friends!!!!!

thank you for your time and i look forward to seeing you kids and Mr. Tapia again!
You guys played the first Caliente too!

Counting the Days!
:)

Introducing the Hollywood Bowl......Mojave Oasis edition.....and you ain't seen nothin' yet!!!!

:lol: Me, Myself, & Moai :lol: Great name Ray!!! :D

T

Well I've been up here a couple days helping out. Ben is done, I'm done but still more to do to complete it. I'm telling you folks, daytime is great but nighttime will be a glowing feast for the eyes. I've been wiring for two days but I'm just bringing the power. Amy has gone over the top picking things to be just so. I've never been to an event quite what this is going to look like .Amy, I'm standing right now as I applaud you.

On 2011-04-05 22:08, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Well I've been up here a couple days helping out. Ben is done, I'm done but still more to do to complete it. I'm telling you folks, daytime is great but nighttime will be a glowing feast for the eyes. I've been wiring for two days but I'm just bringing the power. Amy has gone over the top picking things to be just so. I've never been to an event quite what this is going to look like .Amy, I'm standing right now as I applaud you.

If anyone ever had a doubt about how amazing this place is going to be, so long as amy's name is attached to it, it's guaranteed amazing. Chris and I are both beyond excited for next weekend!

T

Agreed.

It will be The TIKIS for our generation.

Danny Baltz would be proud.

T

Us older ones who were lucky enough to go to the TIKI's cam say we've been to Tiki heaven twice!!

...while at MoJaVe OASIS, rub my nuts for luck!

On 2011-04-05 12:20, GROG wrote:
Yes, GROG happy to see they will be there. GROG bringing tomatoes and rocks to pelt them.

Grog need to contact management!!!

DZ

On 2011-04-06 09:19, RevBambooBen wrote:

...while at MoJaVe OASIS, rub my nuts for luck!

I thought that was a Danny Balsz tribute...

Purveyor of
Doctor Z’s 'Not-Quite-Patented' Hangover Remedy
“Sworn BY, not sworn AT”
Ask for it by name!

[ Edited by: Doctor Z 2011-04-06 11:12 ]

Thanks!

Anyone???

I mean, I know we're way more interested in Ben's Balls, but work with me, here.... :wink:

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2011-04-06 12:54 ]

On 2011-04-05 13:03, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

Thanks!

The camp sites have electric, water near the sites, not at every site like the electric. Yes to picnic tables for the group, not every campsite, no fire rings, you are welcome to bringa fire pit, travel size, we are in the desert, but have a lot of trees on the property, small firepits or stoves are fine.

You missed it Karol :D

Oh, sorry!
Thanks Amy for the response and thanks, Mike for showing me where it was!
Sheesh....I need a cocktail.

Mad Dog Mike's Back Bar Display is OFF THE HOOK!!!

p.s. for the Fishing Derby there is a rather large Cat Fish in the Fishing Lake
as Tiki Ray shows us....

Lucas, thanks for the BIO. I am totally psyched to see the Smokin Menehunes and Bill Tapia! I just hope there is no epic fist fight. I told my wife this was going to be a relaxing weekend. ;o)

On 2011-04-06 16:21, RevBambooBen wrote:
p.s. for the Fishing Derby there is a rather large Cat Fish in the Fishing Lake
as Tiki Ray shows us....

Sweet tattoo!

T

That was a fighter and fun to reel in. Thanks for the pic Ben

Catfish
Schmatfish
I'm gonna catch me a lake monster next weekend!
:)

with cheerleader bait

...one more for the road.

Typical MoJaVe Oasis Sunset.

See Y'all on the 15th!

COWBOY
er.....TIKI UP!

8 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

That boot has a Sketcher Shape Up sole!

On 2011-04-06 16:45, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
Lucas, thanks for the BIO. I am totally psyched to see the Smokin Menehunes and Bill Tapia!

Perhaps Bill Tapia can answer my burning question if THIS event ever really took place :) :

But although Bill played with Louis early in his illustrious life (in the 20s or 30s), I doubt he is savvy as to the late phase of Satchmo's career, when the master had to take on the most obscure gigs.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-04-07 14:06 ]

HT

I wish you the best of luck Kenny in catching the lake monster.

WHAT is wrong with you,Roger?
:lol:

On 2011-04-07 13:38, little lost tiki wrote:
WHAT is wrong with you,Roger?
:lol:

lol I hate when you guys go off like this but this made me laugh....sorry

TM

Lucas, thanks for the BIO. I am totally psyched to see the Smokin Menehunes and Bill Tapia! I just hope there is no epic fist fight. I told my wife this was going to be a relaxing weekend. ;o)

No fist fight planned for that weekend....however, there IS the Hula Girls gig at the Bahooka this weekend....and I am expecting some good action Ha Cha Cha!

TM

On 2011-04-07 11:07, bigbrotiki wrote:

Lucas, thanks for the BIO. I am totally psyched to see the Smokin Menehunes and Bill Tapia!

Perhaps Bill Tapia can answer my burning question if THIS event ever really took place :) :

But although Bill played with Louis early in his illustrious life (in the 20s or 30s), I doubt he is savvy as to the late phase of Satchmo's career, when the master had to take on the most obscure gigs.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-04-07 14:06 ]

Don't know! But Bill sure has the great stories from that time! He remembers every thing perfectly as though it was yesterday. The man is amazing!

http://soundcloud.com/lucas-vigor/sets/set-3/

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2011-04-07 14:35 ]

HT

Sorry Kenny, that was wrong of me.

Back on Track......WooHooo! Only 8 More Days... If you're interested in participating in The 1st Mojave Oasis Tent N Trailer Crawl check this out:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=39616&forum=17&20

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-04-07 15:02 ]

T

I just posted a camping checlist . Here it is .http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=39708&forum=17&0

DZ

On 2011-04-07 14:29, lucas vigor wrote:

No fist fight planned for that weekend....however, there IS the Hula Girls gig at the Bahooka this weekend....and I am expecting some good action Ha Cha Cha!

Believe it or not, I actually have this "epic fist fight" between Bong & Spike at Biff's on video! Maybe I should have a screening of it at M.O....

when you say Sold Out,

is that for camping and campers?

Are you still selling DAY passes?

why yes Ben the on site spots are sold out we still have day passes and hotel passes available,

Amy

CA

Hmm? day passes.. my sister was thinking about that... maybe a should bug her befor those are all gone too!
talkin' about 2
round TWO!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-g5ph_ejRI
his mud is curing.... after a non-stop 14hr second coat sprint against the sun and chemical reaction.

some spotted the dual urinal operations of this thing... Smokey was say put out the fire before beddie-by...

MY cousin Kevin is also looking at a day apss for Sunday, hes driving from Ojai to see me.

Temp in Newberry Springs right now - 37 with a predicted high of 60!!!

Predicted forecast for next weekend low of 59, high of 89, sunny and no wind - PERFECT!!!!!

T

This is killing me that I cant post pics yet . You guys are gonna have a blast .

Awesome Buzzy!

your Tikis dwarf the 14'h. A-frame.

Awesome!!!

Stellar looking temple, guys. Can't wait.

SF

On 2011-04-09 16:09, RevBambooBen wrote:
Awesome Buzzy!

your Tikis dwarf the 14'h. A-frame.

Speaking of Dwarfs...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies