Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies

J

I'm really getting a "Tiki" Santa's Village vibe on this.

A concept so bizarre and out of place that even for a distant childhood memory I ask myself "Was it for real or did I just dream it ???".

On 2011-04-12 23:02, SoccerTiki wrote:
And the outpost will be open odd hours to accommodate those with the munchies!!!

RIGHT on....
:)
you kids thought of everything!

Not THOSE kind of munchies Kinny! :D

J
JOBU posted on Wed, Apr 13, 2011 9:39 AM

We will also be serving a Non-Alcohol drink

DZ

On 2011-04-12 23:02, SoccerTiki wrote:
And the outpost will be open odd hours to accomodate those with the munchies!!!

Nice to know the outpost is '420-friendly', but (more importantly) (to me), what time is last call at the bar??

Ill be bringing my new smoker . Ill be firing it up on Friday at about noon . After they are done I have some promised portions . The rest will be samples and tips are appreciated to pay the cost . Ill be smoking "spicy peach" ribs with garlic, paprika, salt, pepper and some secret spices. All smoked in a mix of hickory and oak . Bring your own toothpicks or just whittle some wood off the new bar .

Holy Smokes!!! You know I'm gonna wanna try that! Can't wait!!! Are you smokin' on Saturday as well? Any room in there?

Bags are packed and I am ready to be Mojaveized......let it begin

W

T

Yes Chris, I will have room to smoke what you bring. When my ribs are done I will have extra fuel and chips. Ill let you prep your own spices but this is a big smoker with 4 large racks. Ill be eating Amys hula pig saturday night though. But ill be happy to hook you up.

FYI........ The Mojave Oasis Outpost (snackbar) will be grilling up tasty food for purchase all weekend long along with other tasty treats inside The Outpost.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-04-13 20:02 ]

Ooooh, a smoker! You could charge to smoke stuff! LOL.. Not so sure I'd wanna bring meat out, I think I'm gonna count on the outpost for our grub! What kinda stuff you guys gonna be serving?

J

On 2011-04-13 18:52, chrisandsarahb wrote:

Holy Smokes!!! You know I'm gonna wanna try that! Can't wait!!! Are you smokin' on Saturday as well? Any room in there?

Hey Chris, you know that Rum Barrel you owe me ??

I'll take smoked ribs instead !! :)

On 2011-04-13 19:58, WooHooWahine wrote:
FYI........ The Mojave Oasis Outpost (snackbar) will be grilling up tasty food for purchase all weekend long along with other tasty treats inside The Outpost.

Will the Outpost have breakfast type items in the AM? And Coffee?

yea cawfee

CJ

is there room for 2 more on saturday night?

On 2011-04-11 21:53, crazy al wrote:

This Stage is so toataly RAD!!!... I'm going to look great up there!...

[ Edited by: crazy al 2011-04-11 21:54 ]

Great thought Al.....I'll invite you on stage, when I'm done. :wink:
Ray

On 2011-04-13 20:16, Leanalynn wrote:
Ooooh, a smoker! You could charge to smoke stuff! LOL.. Not so sure I'd wanna bring meat out, I think I'm gonna count on the outpost for our grub! What kinda stuff you guys gonna be serving?
[/quoteg
Hamburgers & hotdogs and lots of other Yummy treats]

The Outpost will have coffee and pastries for sale in the am

On 2011-04-13 20:45, Coco Joe wrote:

John-O, ribs over rum??? Are you loco? :wink:

Can't wait, its almost MO time!!!!

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2011-04-13 22:09 ]

On 2011-04-13 21:37, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2011-04-13 20:45, Coco Joe wrote:

Day passes are still available PM Soccertiki for more information

K
kirby posted on Thu, Apr 14, 2011 8:22 AM

Im getting super excited to for this awesome event!! It looks like every body has been working really hard on making mojave oasis super awesome for all of us campers!
I just wanted to remind every body to bring some cash! There will be vendors selling cool stuff!!I will be bringing my "Mojave Oasis Camping Companion" pendants in a limited supply and they will only be available at Mojave Oasis.
$35 bucks gets you a Pendant,a flashlight,matches stash, compass and tiki awesomeness status amongst your friends!!

I will also have a bunch of my new Glowstick pendants available
$10 bucks comes with a glowstick color of your choice, limited supply of reds,purple and blues so first come first serve on those!!

Mahalo and see ya TomarroW!!yeehaa!!

i got a funny feelin this is gonna be a NUDE-A-PALOOZA!

On 2011-04-13 21:14, WooHooWahine wrote:
The Outpost will have coffee and pastries for sale in the am

Tasty quiche too!

We will have the official limited edition Mojave Oasis pendant for sale in the Mojave Outpost while supplies last.

Limited to 75, they are signed and numbered in a variety of colors:

Only $15 for one of these beautiful pendants:

It's based on the 8 foot concrete one that Bamboo Ben and I made that sits outside the front gate:

C-ya all soon!
Buzzy Out!

Why spend $15 on a Buzzy pendant
when you could get 3
i say 3 little lost tiki Mojave Oasis miniprints for the same price?
You'd have to be CRAZY to pass up this EXCLUSIVE EVENT-ONLY OPPORTUNITY!
they come in a variety of colors ,are printed on a sturdy stock
and each one is hand signed in America by a Marine Corps Veteran!!
Help support the troops and the American Way of Life!
PLUS! You'll be able to resell these on Ebay for quadruple that price!
it's a WIN-WiN situation!

On 2011-04-14 09:52, little lost tiki wrote:
Why spend $15 on a Buzzy pendant ?

But Kinny, if I sell all my pendants, I'll have enough money to buy one of your fancy weed trays:

Buy the official pendant because it's a win win situation!

Buzzy Out!

Mojave Oasis Campers don't fret this is a Family Friendly Event. Come prepared though....Mornings and Evenings are Chilly

kewwwl tray...

I'll have plenty of TRAYS for sale at the event,folks!
In fact,if you can prove you DIDN;t buy a pendant off Buzzy
I'll knock a dollar off the $5 print!
now THAT's a WIN-WIN situation!

Z

A very sick 19 year old cat with pyleonephritis has canceled our travel plans, I have camping spot + 1 extra admit that can be had. PM me and we can discuss terms
Many Thanks,
Michael

Not vending but I do have the first run of Good Fink Club shirts available.
I've promised to bring some people up their shirts. Anyone interested let me know. Future runs will be slightly different. $20 each.

Can't wait to see everyone!

Kirby, saw that Camper's pendant at Bahooka: That is an awesome contraption!

For some more history, here are some press clippings about big Polynesian pop plans for the area in the mid-60s:

...and here is the Raigosa's super cool "coat of arms" they used on their letterhead:

Thanks to the O.A. archives - and to Amy, Ben, Buzzy, Chris, Woohoo and all who are making these dreams come true!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 14, 2011 11:55 AM

Doug Horne's tent.

Ruzic's tent.

DOUG'S REALLY "PITCHIN A TENT" in that picture!
How come he dyed his hair?

HT

I made 4 frames for the event poster for Mojave Oasis, if interested please PM me or e-mail at
[email protected]

Just in case anybody missed these (cuz Ruzic turned the page 5 minutes after I posted them) :

On 2011-04-14 11:49, bigbrotiki wrote:
Kirby, saw that Camper's pendant at Bahooka: That is an awesome contraption!

For some more history, here are some press clippings about big Polynesian pop plans for the area in the mid-60s:

...and here is the Raigosa's super cool "coat of arms" they used on their letterhead:

Thanks to the O.A. archives - and to Amy, Ben, Buzzy, Chris, Woohoo and all who are making these dreams come true!

Ken turned the page on me as well, so just in case people missed these.

On 2011-04-14 11:38, Matt Reese wrote:
Not vending but I do have the first run of Good Fink Club shirts available.
I've promised to bring some people up their shirts. Anyone interested let me know. Future runs will be slightly different. $20 each.

Can't wait to see everyone!

PUTTIN MY HEAD ON A PILLOW IN A FEW...
WAKE UP AND........
READY TO RUMBLE!
SEE Y'ALLS THERE! :)

Z
zond2 posted on Fri, Apr 15, 2011 6:48 AM

It's still not to late! I'm willing to sell my camping+1 for $150
PM me and we can make the arrangements

TM

Can anyone give directions to this event from Barstow? Google maps is giving me some crazy directions, with big detours and what looks like an end-point that is in the middle of nowhere, with no lake in sight.

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2011-04-15 09:51 ]

Lucas, the directions on Google are correct or on the Mojave Oasis website
(the actual lake doesn't show well on the Google map)

40 East to Exit 18 Newberry Springs
Right on National Trails Hwy
Left on Newberry Road
Right on Silver Valley Road (by the elementary school)
Mojave Oasis is on the right, 1/2 mile or less from the school

Would this be it? (circled)

Google maps photos could be several years old. Didn't Amy just recently put in the lake?

I think that is the fishing lake which has been there a long time. Above it is the dry swimming lake whick was just filled recently.

We are on the road, have the band and the welcome wagon ready at the gate about 4:30. Thanks in advance :D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 833 replies