Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What Made You Happy Today! pg.35

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies

On 2008-11-25 19:16, bigtikidude wrote:
I guess the economy really isn't hurting you too bad, huh?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

WoooHoooo! Cheap Drinks & Food (Dinner $8) :)

how mush for the massages??

On 2008-11-26 20:12, RevBambooBen wrote:
how mush for the massages??

$30/hr! In a grass shack on the water's edge! (Next to the arch in the pic below)

That will make me happy today!!!
WooooooHooooOOOOoooooooo!

happy endings?
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

J

Sleeping in until almost 2:00pm

saw my cousin for the first time in almost ten years!!
There are tikis and shrunken heads all over her house!!!

And I didn't think we would have anything to talk about.

BTD-You don't know what a happy ending is!!! LOL!!!;P
Here's my happy ending tonight!!!

M
McTiki posted on Wed, Dec 3, 2008 7:10 AM

Lol @ "Happy Endings?" ^^^^^

Finding out the Large Haron Collider won't be fired up until late next year (or two...).

The world is safe.

For now........

Signing a contract for an $8,000.00 waterfall, koi pond and stream. Makes me feel like taking a road trip in January.
Yosemite in the snow? Humboldt? Reno? I saw gas at $1.53 a gallon yesterday. :music: "The lines on the road just looked like dots" :music: :music: "You're gonna drive me ta drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that
Hot
Rod
Lincoln" :music:

As a man thinketh, so is he.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2008-12-03 08:06 ]

W

The What Bummed You Out Today? thread.

Yes, at first glance it does just seem like a snotty reaction to fluff and nonsense like this thread. But in actuality it's a great place to bitch and moan. Not that we do much bitching and moaning around here.

And before you start bitching and moaning: I am all about snotty reactions AND fluff and nonsense. In fact I am made up of about 73% fluff and nonsense, 16% I-don't-give-a-damn and 11% "Substance of unknown origin". But I always give 110%.

W

New Tiki Central member garryhill made me happy with this informative post on guitar playin':

*For a beginner,the art of learning guitar demands much of self-confidence so as to take up challenges.It is preferable to begin by learning how to fret and strum efficiently. Some beginners will feel some discomfort in their fingers when they start to pluck the strings. The only way round this is to continue playing; eventually you will notice that your fingers will become stronger as time passes. As you continue to play, you will become more confident, to which you may want to learn how to play your favorite songs. Most people learn by knowing how to play other tunes and become accustomed to the techniques by playing them. *

Thanks Gary, very inspiring!

Santa Tiki came to my school today :)

L

In a few short hours I get to board a plane and fly back to FLorida for Christmas. I haven't seen my friends or family in a year and so I am super excited!

M

Getting good posts on my carvings.

M

Also, my dogs asurfing

L

I am stranded in las vegas airport..........which means I am finding the first cab to frankies! Its a Christmas miracle!!!!!!

Jeep mileage crossed 123456.

Sorry about the phone camera jiggling. Driving in slush on the highway up to Penn State isn't that smooth.

B

This way cool 60's "Holiday House Travel Trailer" picture....Gosh, if only...

D

That has got to be one of the coolest things I've seen (from my era). Beats out an Airstream!
Mahalo

I got a promotion, but no increase in salary. Hooray for me!

W

"I got a promotion, but no increase in salary." -tiki-thunderbird-

That's just great. Now he's going to go mad with power.

On 2009-01-06 10:38, Babalu wrote:
This way cool 60's "Holiday House Travel Trailer" picture....Gosh, if only...

holy crap-a-mole! I wanna vacation in here!.... if only....

Going to Crazy Al's tomorrow to see how my tiki is coming along! Makes me so Hip-hip-a-happy! HiphiPaHulA!

I got a check from King County for my one day of being in the jury pool last month! TEN BUCKS!!! Look out Seattle! This weekend I am gonna tear this town to pieces!

On 2009-01-15 23:23, woofmutt wrote:
I got a check from King County for my one day of being in the jury pool last month! TEN BUCKS!!! Look out Seattle! This weekend I am gonna tear this town to pieces!

Sounds to me like you got overpaid.. Can I have some of my tax dollars back??

after reading about all the way below freezing weather around the country.
hearing on the News that Anaheim was the warmest spot in the USA today.
88 degrees Fahrenheit baby.

W

Speaking of Anaheim, I was talking with Dave in Idaho this morning who told me his 7 year old son said he liked their weekend camping trip to an Eastern Oregon hot springs better than their trip to Disneyland because he didn't have to wear clothes at the hot springs.

The Happiest Place on Earth? Apparently not.

drinks at Forbidden Island with Keigs, BTD ~ and a bunch of others! here's a pic of the "Out of Towners"

These three girls (Ashley, Chelsey and Brittiny) dragged 6 children and two husbands (Ashley is not married and has no children) here...

To Frankie's Tiki Room.

To pick me up these...

All eight of the Frankie's Tiki Room mugs (they even stopped at Trader Vic's and got me a Las Vegas Hula Girl mug!

What a happy tiki dad I am today!

PTD

L

After 6 months and 1 week of being unemployed

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank the freakin lord because I have applied to over 450 companies, went on 30 individual interviews and have been turned down for all of them.

FINALLY after much stress, strife, crying, worry and anxious conversations with my folks back home about relocating back all that is done because I got a job.

Thank you sweet baby Jesus!

J

Congrats, Liz! Does that mean you might make it to Oasis after all?

Having tomorrow off making this a Four-day weekend!

Do you have any idea how much drinking I can do in four days?

L

On 2009-05-21 13:59, JenTiki wrote:
Congrats, Liz! Does that mean you might make it to Oasis after all?

Thanks lady!

Who knows...but I am going to look into it now for sure!

I'm happy that my shop didn't burn to the ground today!!!!

Here's my day today.....

Gota call around 8:15 a.m. on my home office line from a lady saying my shop was on fire.

Rushed up there to see 2 fire trucks, cops, etc...

when i pulled into the lot the truck door just opens via firemen and smoke is pouring out!

fireman who knows me says looks like everything inside is ok and it was just the outside.

turns out some homelss ( F@#&er!!!) decided to lite a fire behind my shop at 8 in the a.m. ( yes. Arson Team was there....

there were witneses too. crazy shit! interior wall got chared but the drywall kept flames out of my shop.

Just behind the back wall of the new hut inside. Had to fix my door as it

was "Axed", but thank the tiki God that that

was pretty much it besides smoke and water!

L

Wow! So good to hear that Ben!

On 2009-05-21 19:34, leleliz wrote:
Wow! So good to hear that Ben!

The Tiki Gods are behind both You and I today!!!

Wow! Big drama in Surf City! Congratz leleliz on the new job! Halelujah to Ben on the saving of the shop!
A small thing made me happy today, I had 2 1/2 hours at home alone tonite when Lil Blue went out with her dad. Quiet, peace . . . ahhhhh.

Im all hyped up on craiglist scores. todays loot. $10/gallon Cabot deck stain. SCORE!! free boogie board , and a free fatsia japonica tree for my yard. AND a swivel scroll saw for $5.

I went to Queen K's party Sat. night not only was Amy & Ray's home & all Bamboo Ben's talent mind blowing but it was also at one time the home of Rock Hudson! Perfect night, Thanks Amy!

squirting Kelly with my water bottle at Queen K's party on Saturday...
that made me happy..
especially her expression!
:lol:

L

I just found out that one of my friends was NOT on that plane that just went down in the ocean. I thought he was due to his travel plans and the fact that he is Italian which they said 9 Italians were on that flight added to the fact that no one had heard from him but I just got word that he is fine.

Thank goodness!

Although I feel for everyone who lost someone I selfishly am relieved I did not.

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Jun 8, 2009 5:23 PM

Finding a Babalu action figure in the market place!

It's about time Sai-Baba!
You deserve an Action Figure!
Does he come with a wheel and kiln?
:)

B
Brice posted on Thu, Jun 11, 2009 3:10 PM

Filling out my change of address form! AZ to Hawaii!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies