Honestly They pulled me in....
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

R

Ah Crap!

who crapped in the spa?
;-(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

What made me happy today? I saved money on some cool clothes!! I got 15% off at svobodastyle.com, I used the code "denim15", the code is good until August 15, 2008!

I had a one of my best friends from the high school daze stop on island for a visit with his family. My ol buddy Rudy has been painting tikis, surf scenes and assorted vintage style coolness since I first met him punk rockin' in the early 80's. Anyways, He gifted me this Moai skateboard deck that he had painted and covered with a clear sand and polyurethane "grip" sealer. The thing is awesome! He has done several others and is continually producing more. If anybody is interested in checking them out they should drop him a note at [email protected]. Although, he has kept all this computery online stuff at an arms length for many years, he is starting come around. The guy does some killer work with a slew of different mediums. I am sure he would jump at a chance to be in any Tiki art shows in the L.A area.

Edited to fix email...doink!

Myspace
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2008-07-11 12:50 ]

A

Sorry to jump in about the Cougar so late...I have a '69 351W w/Toploader. Seeing your pics made me happy today!

Happy today cause I am working from home and don't have to do my usual 5-hour round trip commute!!!

Watching Uncle Tiki AKA SoccerTiki with his nephew today :)

B

I'm REALLY stoked today!!

D

J

Walking out of my office building at noon to find the Trader Vic Survivors band playing in the plaza downstairs for a free lunch hour concert. They played some hapa haole tunes as well as some lovely traditional Hawaiian songs. One of the things I love about working in downtown San Francisco is the free concert series that goes on every weekday for three months of the the year.

tromping through the woods by my house with my puppy dog!

https://tikicentral.com/uploads/3734/44e0b79e.jpg

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-07-26 11:43 ]

The arrival of my new Mac book Pro and having choke Tiki peeps on island. It's a good day!

Sofista-Tiki -- that's awesome!

Okay...Juiced Rockstar in Guava -- made me happy today!

B

Breakfast made me happy today!
Finally cracked open the bottle of Lemoncello we got in Rome that has been in the freezer for three months.

Mrs. Boo!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Aug 7, 2008 12:32 AM

Ditto.

that last post by Grog! :lol:

Fire!

B

Playing pool with the grandbaby.

A

What a cutie! Makes me smile too!

This weekend.

J

Found out today that the Aquabats are coming to Ft. Lauderdale in November... and I was just wondering the other day if they would ever play here.

Reading these random quotes on the New York Times website:

“College is now viewed as a special 4-year period where students (especially male students) can act like irresponsible self-destructive adolescents without facing any repercussions. ”
— SamCollege Students Behaving Badly

“I think I'll go demented if I have to share a house with a guy again.”
— SusannaMarriage, Divorce and Alzheimer's Risk

“I'm just going to miss this guy. And I don't even know him.”
— NancyRandy Pausch's Last Words

D

Praline Bacon Cupcakes.

Yeah My friend Cheryl had Free Bananas waiting for me today down at the beach!

Cheers CHONGO!!

swimming with the Dolphins in HB this eve

and fun shore break!!!

I got the day off !

D

55 Bird ~ mine.

wow congrats dogbytes.

too cool.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TG

Found my 32 GB flash drive today in one of the first places I looked when it went missing. Next time I'll have to do a full assed job looking.

Firing the weirdest, most paranoid, selfish, egotistical, conceited, mean-spirited, evil, manipulative, head-case of all time....the door couldn't have shut harder or faster on this harpy. What a waste of skin...good lord, what a psycho...

J

On 2008-09-12 15:14, CheekyGirl wrote:
Firing the weirdest, most paranoid, selfish, egotistical, conceited, mean-spirited, evil, manipulative, head-case of all time....the door couldn't have shut harder or faster on this harpy. What a waste of skin...good lord, what a psycho...

Hey! I thought you weren't going to discuss my firing on TikiCentral, Cheeky! Thanks alot! lol

Yikes, think of the characters in "The Hand the Rocks the Cradle","Disclosure","Misery" and "Fatal Attraction", and you've got a winner!

white gloving and art wrapping 216 beer bottles this morning...the irony.

T

The things that made me happy today. :D

That someone was sincere and put their thoughts into words which brought tears to my eyes and that my words in return did the same. It's a nice world when you can spread joy, kindness and love.

And also that I work my ass off to do my best and deal with a hell of lot of daily stress. But I have to do it because it pays the bills, it's like writing a poem that gives you the chills. And now I'm tired, I've been up since 3:00, I've had one to many drinks and now I have to take a pee.. :lol:

I was told, I must have a lot of time on my hands, because I'm always here in TC land. Well that might be true and that's OK, cause it pulls me through another stressful day.

So, I'm signing off now, but I'll be back. Just to piss you off and that's a fact. :lol: OK, now I'm getting silly and the house in getting chilly, I'm going to bed to snuggle instead.. Night night,

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-10-22 17:34 ]

D

new eyeglasses

On 2008-10-22 18:16, dogbytes wrote:
new eyeglasses

Ooh...those are really cool!!

What made me happy this week...I moved into a new house about a month ago, and I just realized that the neighbors have a lime tree that hangs over into my backyard! Free limes! Now if only they had a rum tree...

J

I don't know if it necessarily made me "happy", but something did happen today that gave me a bit of amusement. The fact that it gave me some excitement might be a sad commentary on my boring life!

Sometimes when I am writing legal briefs (I'm an attorney) I come up with a word that I am not sure is an actual word, or if its something I just completely made up. A little while ago I was writing a sentence and needed a word that basically means “to point out the basis for something” or “to provide an explanation.” The word that immediately popped into my head was “elucidate.” I don’t remember ever reading or hearing that word before but, nevertheless, it just popped into my head as being a word that would be appropriate.

However, because I had no idea whether I had just made up that word or if it was a real word, (or even if it was a real word, whether it meant what I thought it meant), I looked the word up on the Merriam-Webster online dictionary (as I often do when I pull words out of my ass).

The definition is as follows:

elucidate
One entry found.

Main Entry:
elu•ci•date
Pronunciation:
\i-ˈlü-sə-ˌdât\
Function:
verb
Inflected Form(s):
elu•ci•dat•ed; elu•ci•dat•ing
Etymology:
Late Latin elucidatus, past participle of elucidare, from Latin e- + lucidus lucid
Date:
circa 1568
transitive verb : to make lucid especially by explanation or analysis intransitive verb : to give a clarifying explanation

The sentence I wrote in my brief reads as follows:

“In his motion Defendant does not elucidate the basis for his contenion that...”

I surprise myself sometimes! I guess I'm not as much of a dumbass as my wife thinks I am! :)

D

found a box of costumes. dressed up the dog.

D

a hand-painted coconut!

Waking up this morning to this beautiful view with my beautiful (woohoo)wahine!

k1speed.com ( Irvine)

I need more!!!

what a blast!

On 2008-11-25 08:33, SoccerTiki wrote:
Waking up this morning to this beautiful view with my beautiful (woohoo)wahine!

I guess the economy really isn't hurting you too bad, huh?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I didn't know Sperm Whale could fly. (See upper left of image)

Holy Moly and that's Whale Rider on his back too.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2008-11-26 08:37 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies