Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What Made You Happy Today! pg.35

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies

Lakers winning.
Plenty of tikis in the hut.

Lunch out with lots of good friends. Broke up my shitty ass day, made it good :)

I'm happy from driving to Madison to catch my current fave band Antibalas!
The greatest most funkiest band in the universe...Catch em if you can...and
tickets are cheap too!

I went to see Crowded House tonight, and in one of my more brazen moves, I ended up grabbing Neil Finn and giving him a little squeeze as he walked past me before the show.

I also got a fairly fabulous job offer earlier in the day. :D

Pretty damn good day.

eating chocolate!

Eating chocolate on the beach in Maui.

Another pretty damn good day. :D

Life is good :)

T

I was having lunch at the Maui Ocean Center, and one of the girls working there saw my purse, screamed "Daria!" and told me how she had always had a crush on Trent. Didn't we all?

Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc.

CAPSICUM PATCH !!!

On 2007-05-01 20:12, RevBambooBen wrote:
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc.
CAPSICUM PATCH !!!

Life is for people that can't handle drugs!

T

Made it all the way to Hana this morning with no one in front of me and no one behind me (except for the Fedex guy, and he got around me really quick.) :)

Selling my Ohana Hut to someone who paid 650.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, was it scoring pain pills for my back?

I'm confused!!!!

T

Went snorkeling at Molokini today. Didn't get seasick. :)

T

Made it out of Haleakala crater alive.

Five miles downhill is easy. Five miles up requires a very nice family from Colorado to drag Kate out with them. :D

Last Sunday May 6 2007 My Golf Club Made $13,000 dollars for the Susan G. Komen Fountation for Breast Cancer.
"Rally For The Cure"

Fact:
• If detected early, the five-year survival rate exceeds 95%.
• 13 million U.S. women 40 years of age or older have never had a mammogram.
• 1,300 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed in MEN this year.
• Today, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with Breast Cancer
• Every 3 Minutes a Woman is diagnosed with Breast Cancer
• Every 13 minutes a woman dies of Breast Cancer.

Happy Up! Maybe we saved 1 life, Maybe 1 mammogram was performed through awareness!

Today Psycho Tiki D & Heath made a very nice Dollar contribution to my Woman's club, The Rancho Vista Woman's Golf Club for our "Rally For the Cure" commitment. It gives me hope and reminds me of how good mankind can be, all the negatives all day, everyday, then something good & happy happens! I know we all want to be healthy & happy! What else is there......Thanks Guys & God too.....

P
Pyro posted on Fri, May 18, 2007 8:58 AM

This morning, I woke up to my sister-in-law's new puppy licking my face. He is an adorable 11week old Shiba Inu.

And, I found bamboo at the dollar store. Not the best, but I still bought all they had (it will be perfect for the ceiling).

Only 4 more days until I leave for my New Orleans vacation!

Friday night watching Absolutely Fabulous....and knowing I have the whole weekend to clean house before my clan comes to stay with me for a whole week. :)

I wrote my letter of resignation. :D

J

Reading Chongolio's blog update! :D

Oh, and taking the afternoon off for shoe shopping and a pedicure!

On 2007-05-18 20:36, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I wrote my letter of resignation. :D

Terrifying Tiki's! what!, after a trip to the island's, aren't you supposed to do that before vacation?

I'm happy for you today :)

Seeing my wife

after being gone for a week!!!

....and getting a wet kiss!

G
GROG posted on Sat, May 19, 2007 12:06 AM

Seeing Bamboo Ben's wife for a week while he was gone.

On 2007-05-19 00:06, GROG wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ditto :lol:

On 2007-05-19 00:06, GROG wrote:

Oh, & Grog said to tell you your out of Bud & Rum. :D :lol: :lol:

Eating breakfast with a topless girlfriend at noon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finding out that Ulatra Lounge has a website and filling in the holes of my collection.

Playing with my crazy puppies. :D

J

Waking up and unwrapping my custom Ken Ruzic-painted OMC Moai mug and staring at it some more. You can experience some of that same joy by checking out the mug on LLT's thread.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

D

nothing yet but hey it's early.

P
Pyro posted on Sun, May 20, 2007 3:54 PM

mojitos

stuart mah.
minnie's

Soooooo there is a tiki bar in Modesto???????

Dayum......come on Sacramento we gotta rob a bank or sumpin!!!

I was happy, elated, even thrilled to pass up all the slowarses on the freeway...I feel the need...the need for speed....that makes me happy. :)

On 2007-05-24 21:15, VampiressRN wrote:
Soooooo there is a tiki bar in Modesto???????

Dayum......come on Sacramento we gotta rob a bank or sumpin!!!

I was happy, elated, even thrilled to pass up all the slowarses on the freeway...I feel the need...the need for speed....that makes me happy. :)

Yup, actually two; The Tiki Bar, adjacent to the old Modesto Tropics Motel and Minnie's, both located on the same street and within a few miles of each other!

Both worth a stop in to see if you are in the area!

PTD

CL

Congrats!

On 2007-05-20 19:20, tikicleen wrote:
stuart mah.
minnie's

Perry drove 236 miles just to spend the weekend with me in boring old Yucaipa. :D

Oh, and he wants to go to that damn Tonga Hut thing.

:lol: I'm happy I get to go to that damn Tonga thing after all ...

Big 1 acre Landscape job! All Zen................ ~

Music. Music made me happy today. It frequently does. About a month ago Kurt Vonnegut Jr. died. For his obituary piece on NPR they played clips from interviews he had given on the radio over the years. A couple of years ago he said, "Let his epitaph be that all he needed to prove the existence of God was music." It's Memorial Day weekend and things weren't going quite the way I wanted them to. I was feeling sorry for myself. I started a fire in my Tiki Fire Bowl and turned up the stereo. If I had to pick the best song ever recorded live I would pick "No Quarter" by Led Zeppelin off the album "The Song Remains the Same". John Bonham's syncopated drum beats, John Paul Jones providing the bottom with the pedal bass, and Jimmy Page's soulful guitar. What a great piece of music. And my dog was there. Everybody in the world can think you're an asshole but your dog is still gonna want to sit with you and hang with you. Man's best friend. So, I've got the fire, and the music, and my dog, and things don't seem so bad. Made me happy. I had a couple of cocktails too. The day ended okay.

I have a Ohana Hut, Great trade & It was an act of plan coolness. I received in a PM: " I think someone who really loves it should have it." Although a small "thing" in life it was nice & i'm thrilled to own it.

Crunch n Berries with chocolate soy milk!!!

( for many moons no milk. Soy rocks!

On 2007-05-27 10:40, Hiphipahula wrote:
I have a Ohana Hut, Great trade & It was an act of plan coolness. I received in a PM: " I think someone who really loves it should have it." Although a small "thing" in life it was nice & i'm thrilled to own it.

Yea! Kelly got here Ohana Hut at long last!!! Arrsome!

Chongolio! WE miss you! Tonga Hut, last night I made a trade, awesome design dude!
I GOT A HUT!!!!!!!!

Beercan chicken on the smoker, Great friends over for dinner, and tomorrow is the first day of tiki-bar-in-the-basement construction!

catching the ferry early today, twice!

T

On 2007-05-28 01:58, Stiki Tiki wrote:
catching the ferry early today, twice!

He's a quick little buggerer isn't he?

Drinking a Mai Tai with Bong in The Menehune Lounge. What a Perfect way to End a Memorial Day Weekend.

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

B.B.B. (Bring Bong Back!!!)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies