Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Big Bang Creations - new Yipwan Drum Mug pg 86

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,290 replies

S

What GROG said.

Nothing short of phenomenal. This is why you will always be the master and we will always strive to emulate :)

What Grog, Swizzle and MadDogMike said and more. I can't believe that this can be done with thin walls. Wow! You are a master over the clay. We love bunnies and we miss our past pets. RIP Louie Louie, Scratches, Frank, and Raisin. I'm looking forward to your next posts, Wendy

Hear! Hear!

SAI-BABA-lu...you are the CLAY MAster!

Such a great take on your previous bunnies and the MaiKai Cannibals!

A Classic before it's even fired!

you never cease to amaze,buddy!

HOK

:o Always amazed at your work. Mahalo!!

B

Oh Babalu, you are the living end.

great work :)

Babs! Those are great! I hope they last thru firing....this could be your new line :)

A

Z

Can't respond. Still in awe.
droooooooooool

Fabulous!

Wow! Just wow! That is just super cool!

I am about halfway working my way through all your old posts, but had to comment on how crazy awesome that bunny totem thing is. I just do not know how the heck you are going to fit it into a kiln. :lol:

You've outdone yourself sir.

That's just incredible.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you... I want to see more.

B

Wow, thank you for all the nice comments folks. I really appreciate it. I've met some really wonderful people here on TC!

Well, this guy did fire out okay...time to look at putting a little color on it now. :)

[ Edited by: Babalu 2011-10-18 07:37 ]

Wow and Super Wow. You are such a master to have made something so large and it held together and didn't explode in the kiln. I'll be on pins and needles waiting for the next set of photos. Wendy

ooOOOoo canibal Bunnies, I see.

Glazed Bunnies??? This is one I can't believe has been possible to make. You have mastered the clay while I'm still up to my elbows mucking around. Photos soon I hope. Happy Halloween, Hugs, Wendy

Wow! That monolith made it safe out of the first firing!
Awesome!
Time for Glazins!
:)

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 23, 2011 9:54 AM

So, what's been happening with the Cannibunnies?

BABs?
WHERE YOU AT,Man?
How you been?

B

Howdy all!

wow, it's been awhile...sorry, this Cannibal Bunnies piece has been done for some time; I was just too busy, and too lazy when I was at home to shoot it.

And, I'm also slowly putting together a "50 only" run of the Mojave 2012 event mug, that Sir Squids and I did for Queen K. I will go over that in a little more detail on the Mojave thread here

On 2012-02-10 11:24, little lost tiki wrote:
BABs?
WHERE YOU AT,Man?
How you been?

Hi KINNY!! :)

Dude, last week, while in Philly, we got to take this bad boy up. We flow around the Amish Country, Hersey's Chocolate Plant...landed at the Hersey Hotel for dinner. That was a first for me...probably a last too...

Thanks for looking.

On 2012-02-05 22:29, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote (in a different thread):
...Hey is it a "Hate Crime" if you wrap bacon around a "Kosher" Hot Dog?

I was thinking the same thing buzzing the Amish in a helicopter :lol:

Glad to see you are alive and kickin' Ba'lu. I have no doubt the mugs will be awesome! Hope to see ya at MOasisII

C

So glad to see you around, great piece so Babalu! where were you hiding? :)

Hi Babalu, its good to see you out having fun. I still don't think that bunny piece is real. No human could have made that. It must be photoshop. You have the gift of clay that's for sure. Please stay with us on TC you have been missed. Wendy

Cannibal Bunny is Awesome Babs!
Welcome Back!
looks likeyou weren't just lazin about this whole time
you was Dive Bombing the Amish!
Way to go!

B

Bab's, I'm Really Loving the Canabil Rabbits and the Real Heart Killer is the Sea-hare/Merbunny, Wikkid wikkid stuff. I'm Really Happy I stopped by!

That's 1 hungry bunny

I am doubly amazed by how that cannibal bunny "pole" can stand up by itself without easily toppling over. Weight ratios and the shifting of such are not easy when sculpting sometimes. Damn you are good. :)

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 03:14:17 ]

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Jul 5, 2015 8:47 PM

Hey TC!

I've been on vacation for going on 3 years now. :wink:

Decided to start playing in the studio a bit -

Built a new Yipwan Drum Mug - I re-carved on the old Yipwan figures some, added a new body, and voila, a new muggie.

I have been building a few of the older ones too. I have sold all of these designs at one point, or another, but I never made any for myself...

I have a cool display hutch that I want to add work to. (yay)

It's cool to visit all of your threads again - stay thirsty !

[ Edited by: Babalu 2015-07-05 20:50 ]

H

Nice to see you back Babalu, your work is always impressive.

Killer.......

BABALOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jul 7, 2015 12:08 AM

Great to see you playing in the Babs. GROG need call you, and see if you have a room reserved for GROG for Tiki Oasis.

Fantastic work Babalu!! I've been away for some time also and I'm looking forward to being back!!

BABALUUUUUUUUUUU!
MISSED YOU BUDDY!
Glad you're starting things up again after so long.......
Now..... Amaze us!

This is so exciting. I said your name three times last week and now you have appeared! Magic works.
Welcome back.

Dan will lust for your new mugs. Hugs, Wendy

Yeah Rick!

so good to see ya throwing clay around again, babs! i cherish my babalu mugs and hope i can add a mauna loa drum and the new yipwan drum sometime.

B

Nice to see you're back at it, Babalooooo!

B

Hil - Thanks for the kind words. I think of our Chops often...time for another! :wink:

Hang10 - Thanks man. Hope to bring more to the thread soon.

Mad Doggie!! - The cards you have sent us are treasured. You sir are blessed with a wonderful, amazing family...we have had fun watching them grow through the cards you have sent. Miss ya man.

GROG - Of course, the downstairs is ready for you. I hear through the grapevine that you have been a busy caveman lately...that's awesome!

Head Hunter - Many thanks for bouncing on the thread. Hopefully both of us will chime in on TC more -yay-

Master Kinny - I will try my best :) - I have been following you on FB some - the work your doing reads well; like all good art should. The self pope'trait I saw a while back was the cat's meow buddy.

Hey Wendy - It is sooo cool to see you and Dan having fun, and enjoying your life in clay. Your work is really starting to sing lady!

Wheeler - It has been so fun following you in Hawaii. I think that move was really good for you man...you look so alive and well. The work is awesome. When are you going to host a Chop that we can all come to?

Bullet - hey brother! Still working and traveling quite a bit, but I do really need to slow it down and play in the studio more :) Thanks for jumping in.

Well Howdy Sir B - I've miss you most of all scarecrow :wink: I am building the mold for that bowl - we are going to have some fun with that!

See you all real soon!

I vote for a good ol' fashioned Chop!

=====================
Hey Wendy - It is sooo cool to see you and Dan having fun, and enjoying your life in clay. Your work is really starting to sing lady!

Thank you Babalu. I just found this message. I appreciated your help. I still do the glaze tests the way you taught me.

Hugs, Wendy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1290 replies