Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TC night, Mondays at Don the Beachcomber in Sunset Beach Ca.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,257 replies

Happy Hour prices is for in the Bar only,
and is for all drinks, and appetizers only.
not the dinning room menu.

Jeff(btd)

I think it's just the angle of the picture...the signs do not cover up the billboard at all when you see it in person. Awesome to see when driving up PCH!

J
JOHN-O posted on Sun, Aug 1, 2010 9:50 PM

I will be there around 5pm (Aug 2nd) with:

1. My camera
  2. The Bahooka mug that ATP requested
  3. A open palm for the Surf Guitar101 tickets that I won
  4. $ for the Ding Dong Devils CD
  5. $ for the Hula Girls CD (Spike ??)
  6. Information on my 8/28 K-Town bar crawl

Ginormous Thanks! John-O, see you at Don's on Monday.....

I'm gonna try to make it to Dons for about an hour, from 5 to 6.
but not sure.
Usually I am off on mondays.
but I am working Mon. Tues. Wed. this week.
and taking off, thurs. and fri. for all of the stuff going on around the SG101 weekend.
And I am going to a Rehearsal for the 60's legends of surf Jam for Saturdays show.

John O.
there are no Tix, you are on the guest list for the Sat. event.
just show up, and tell them your name.

Jeff(btd)

It's on! Hey Jeff,sorry if we are going to miss you,I'm buggin Doug & Stacey to stop by,if they can get back in town early today
See you all there.....

C

I will be there, as will my friends Ben and Janet (visiting from San Francisco) who I'm pretty sure Atomic Tiki Punk knows as well (but I know you know their friend Mr. Ewing, who it sounds like may be coming as well).

I've been out of town or out of commission the last several Mondays, so I'm looking forward to it!

Caltiki Brent

[ Edited by: congawa 2010-08-02 15:31 ]

Cool! Brent,see you there...

I was there from 4:30 to 6:10
sorry I couldn't stay longer.

Jeff(btd)

J

Here's photographic Tiki documentation of the evening...

Big Tiki Dude (far left) had time to come out even though he was deep into preparation for the Surf Guitar 101 Convention this weekend.
The future of Surf Music rests on his shoulders !!

Left to right are BTD, HB Tiki, Sabu the Coconut Boy, Mr. & Mrs. Hinano Paul

TikiGeeki, Sabu (again !!), and PolynesianPop

Your humble photographer showing off the Sven Kirsten Bahooka mug that he smuggled across the Orange Curtain.
He brought it for Atomic Tiki Punk who can't travel into LA County due to outstanding arrest warrants.

Jason Wickedly (right) showing off that marriage makes you a bad ass.

Here's Congawa (aka Caltiki) of the Ding Dong Devils showing off their recently released CD.
I will be posting a music review shortly.

I didn't get the TC names of these people (but there's Sabu chair hopping again !!)

Mr. and Mrs. Atomic Tiki Punk proudly holding their Sven Kirsten Bahooka mug.
I only charged him $50 for it. What a deal !!

Your humble narrator testing out his new Atomic Tiki Shelf. It works !! Thanks ATP.

SoccerTiki again demonstrating his great sexual prowess.

Visitors from the North, Ben and Janet.

What's new at Don's ?? Eight operational Tiki torches !! I did a little dance in the parking lot to commemorate the event. In other states you would make a big deal out of it but here in So Ca it's just Tiki business as usual. :D

That's all.

See you next Monday. :)

HT

Great write up and beautiful pictures for TC night at DTB . You could be the offical photographer for TC's
on monday nights. Thanks for the great post.

TT

Thanks JOHN-O, it's great to see pics from TC night Don's!

those torches look great at night.
they were lit when i left at 610
but you couldn't really get the vibe of fire in the day.

Jeff(btd)

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 3, 2010 9:32 AM

Thanks for the photos and the comments. It's nice to have names with the faces.

J

Thanks, I'm just following Tonga Tom's leadership on the need for this important historical documentation. Fifty years from now when we're into the 2nd (maybe 3rd) Tiki Revival, Tikiphiles of the future will be curious as to what their Poly-Pop forefathers were up to. These images will reassure them that alcoholics never change whether it's 1960, 2010, or 2060. :D

Also, even though I consider the Tonga Hut to be my "home" Tiki bar, I recognize the need to keep the So Ca Tiki "balance of power" in check. For every posted picture of Grog, we need to have one of Big Tiki Dude.

Well its good that John-O is documenting our shenanigans,just as long as he misses what happened to that Hobo..
oh nothing,just joking I mean....

Thanks John-O for picking up that Mug,again.
I have nothing to do with those missing Hobo's in the L.A.area, I just was asked not to come around anymore?

S

Looks like a good time. I need to get back out to Don's one of these weeks.

Cheers.

J

Is everyone pretty much "surfed out" ?? :)

Tonight is LOUNGE NIGHT at Don's !!

J

Where was everyone last night? Saving their money for the big Tiki Fiesta 10 in Tijuana next weekend?

This Monday night was all about Tiki quality, not Tiki quantity. :)

Sabu the Coconut Boy... Notice how the lime in his mouth matches nicely with his Tiki shirt.

The velourious Johnnie Velour...

A living legend on Tiki Central, the infamous Tiki Bong...

Dannelle aka Mrs. Jason Wickedly... She graces the table of Haoles with her exotic charm. HB Tiki attempts to upstage the picture mugging (ha, ha) with his oversized Tiki mug. He fails.

Background standing, Mr. Jason Wickedly.

Foreground left to right, HB Tiki, TikGeeki, and BigTikiDude.

Now that Surf Guitar 101 is a successful mission accomplished, BTD can get back to some serious drinking, um I mean focusing on Tiki culture (but is there really a difference? :D )

Tikyaki in the house, pondering if anyone would notice if he switches out Marty Lush with Jason Wickedly.

Also see the bearded fellow on the far left in the Aloha shirt? That's Brian, one of the non-TC Don's regulars. Once I asked, "Brian, you're always dressed for the occasion. Would you like to join us at the big table and be part of Tiki culture?". He replied "No". :(

I expect there will be a lot of out-of-towners next Mon. Someone take pictures, please.

C

On 2010-08-10 17:03, JOHN-O wrote:

Also see the bearded fellow on the far left in the Aloha shirt? That's Brian, one of the non-TC Don's regulars. Once I asked, "Brian, you're always dressed for the occasion. Would you like to join us at the big table and be part of Tiki culture?". He replied "No". :(

Brian is obviously an expert at recognizing trouble when he sees it!

Mount Up!

J

Not for me. I've been drinking Tropicals for 8 straight nights.

Tonight I want a Manhattan. :)

Have fun kids !!

A few peeps showed,but it was a slow night,where were the out-of-towners tonight!

On 2010-08-16 22:24, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
A few peeps showed,but it was a slow night,where were the out-of-towners tonight!

...and first person to reply "Oh, we're saving ourselves for Oasis" gets a beat down...it's like saying you're not going to go out running for a week before the Boston Marathon.

Yea! what Jason said,you just mess with the brother, got your back, Jason.....
Bring it on!
Your writing checks,your body can't cash!

Im in Kentucky this week or else I'd have been there.

DZ

I woulda been there, but I was in the hospital, getting a second (well, 'back-up') liver implanted.

Y'know, just in case...

Doctor Z, Tiki Cyborg!that's hardcore man!

I'll be there, hoping to hear some great Tiki Oasis stories and telling a few myself. Though, I expect it'll be a wee bit on the quiet side... probably most will be still recovering. :wink:

C

I was happy TikiSkaBro and I could swing by and share a few words and bump indians while I polished off a Mai Tai and a Zombie. (Both so yummy, Rum Barrel and Lapu Lapu next week, I hope)

What a great time I had hearing all of the great stories and even viewing the the videos grabbed on iPhones. I even heard there was a bet with the bartender that there was not going to be more than 7 TC folks at the table but I think you guys more than doubled that number. (By the way, what did you win? Jason and BigTikiDude will have to fill us in on that one.)

Thanks for sharing all the great stories. I wish I could have stayed a little longer.

And big thanks to TikiGeeki and Tikitastic for the great Rum discussion. I felt like a was back at school, but it was worth it. Now where did I leave me checkbook??? (I have stuff to buy!)

[ Edited by: Chippy 2010-08-24 20:23 ]

So who made it this last Monday, we just were dead to the world!
do you hear me World! your dead to me!

but I am thinking a little more clear about now.

Let's see...if I can remember correctly, Monday's roll call was:

Tikitastic
Big Tiki Dude
Yours Wickedly
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tikibob
Hinano Paul
Mrs. Lurker
Tiki Bird
Utopian Dreem
TikiSkaBro
Chippy
Sabu the Coconut Boy
Crazy Al and friends

I think that's everyone, impressive turnout considering!
Nice to catch up with NorCal ohana away from the Oasis craziness!

Chippy: We won nothing, but Brianna, princess of all bartenders lost $5 for betting against us.

[ Edited by: Jason Wickedly 2010-08-25 10:51 ]

I'm still trying to recover from Oasis,
got a quick nap on monday after noon, coming home from SD.
if I hadn't been able to do that,
I wouldn't have made it monday night.
there is no band there this sat.
so I will for sure be going this coming monday.
may be a bit late.
going to be helping JP and Marie move into their new pad.

Jeff(btd)

Great seeing everyone at Don's on Monday. Had a great time. Food and drink were delish as usual. Ohana were welcoming and fun. Glad TikiBob and I could make it.

TT

On 2010-08-25 10:47, Jason Wickedly wrote:

That font is awesome! Wherever did you find it? :wink:
The new logo looks cool!

Yes a cool font,but how about this.....

Bow Chicka Wow Wow!

So who is up for a Monday meeting of the "Don's Tiki Society"

Hey! How could you forget me?!

Tikitastic
Big Tiki Dude
Yours Wickedly
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tikibob
Hinano Paul
Mrs. Lurker
Tiki Bird
Utopian Dreem
TikiSkaBro
Chippy
Sabu the Coconut Boy
Crazy Al and friends

Chippy: We won nothing, but Brianna, princess of all bartenders lost $5 for betting against us.

C

Jason probably did not mention you because I was taking up all of your time.

And now I guess I am going to have to increase her tips if she lost five whole bucks.

On 2010-08-28 15:24, TikiGeeki wrote:
Hey! How could you forget me?!

Tikitastic
Big Tiki Dude
Yours Wickedly
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tikibob
Hinano Paul
Mrs. Lurker
Tiki Bird
Utopian Dreem
TikiSkaBro
Chippy
Sabu the Coconut Boy
Crazy Al and friends

Damnit! And you didn't even spend half the night drinking rum at the other end of the bar either, sorry dude!! Who's in for tonight?

C

Jason,

I will miss you all tonight as today is the first day of school and I will be spending the evening shopping for back to school supplies.

Tell Brianna we will have to help her with her $ loss next week.

C

I'll be there in a little while, for a little while at least....

We just did not make it out tonight, But we miss all you guy's shooting for next week.
have some fun for us!

NO fun was had, as no pictures were taken.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Jefffffffffff! what did you do?

nothing,
and there is no incriminating pictures to prove it.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

C

Since I was there, I can confirm--there were no incriminating pictures taken of anything Jeff might have done.

Brentttttttt! what did you do?

ATP,

you gotta be there every week to know what did or did not happen.
and who did or did not show up.

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1257 replies