Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TC night, Mondays at Don the Beachcomber in Sunset Beach Ca.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,257 replies

Hula Girls at Don the Beachcomber this saturday night, I will be there.

Trevor and I will make an extremely rare Monday night appearance at Don's this week, since we're both off for the holiday. Looking forward to rubbing elbows with all you secret agents!

just wondering if any TC'ers in here planning on visiting Trader Sam's tomorrow and default I will be going monday for Memorial Day!

On 2011-05-24 19:47, Tiki Kitty wrote:
Trevor and I will make an extremely rare Monday night appearance at Don's this week, since we're both off for the holiday. Looking forward to rubbing elbows with all you secret agents!

Yay!!!

Just when you thought you could rest up from the Tiki Caliente mission, another AGENT ALERT!
The Hula Girls at HQ (Don's) Saturday Night 9pm in the Dagger Bar! Then Memorial Day Monday for TC night!

It's an Agent of T.I.K.I. Double Dip weekend!
Did someone use the "T.I.K.I. Sonic Gun" to bring down the A-Frame at the Caliente Tropics this last weekend?
I don't remember anyone calling for weapons hot! I guess you guys will use any excuse to play with your Spy Toy's. :wink:

So lets pack the place & take no prisoners!

End communication mode, Number Six and Nine out.

[ Edited by: Jungle Ginger 2011-05-26 12:32 ]

HT

Agent 00 Leader is calling for Roll Call for monday night at DTB?

On 2011-05-24 19:47, Tiki Kitty wrote:

It is also Tiki Kitty's & Jen's Birthdays on Monday!

Bump!

Trevor and I had SUCH a good time last night. What a great vibe the Monday night gatherings have! We really loved being able to sit and enjoy dinner and conversation with everyone. Thanks so much to everyone for the birthday greetings, gifts and cards, and special thanks to Jungle Ginger and Atomic Tiki Punk for treating us to the delicious cupcakes!!!

C

I wish I could have attended, but was in transit and didn't get home until late yesterday evening. But I'm glad to hear you had a very festive birthday Tiki Kitty!

Caltiki Brent

It was great to see such a good turnout for our Birthday Princess Miss Tiki Kitty. :)
She is truly one of the sweetest most beautiful gals in the entire Tiki scene. Trevor is one lucky guy. Thanks for sharing your aging ritual with us. We hope everyone enjoyed the cupcakes.

Lance & Nancy

P.S., Thanks to Roger - we hope we can return the favor when things get more stable. Mahalo! :)

HT

While we were looking at the beautiful women at the table, BIG TIKI DUDE eyes were on something else.

HT

Try to make it down to Don the beachcomber on Monday, Gecko from Hawaii will be there to enjoy an original DTB drink.

J

I'll try to make it.

I think it was his Uncle Leo who painted a Velvet for me.

HT

Where were you last night, Zandora was looking for you.

H

Monday!...#15 Looking forward to the perfect Mai Tai and the Spam Rolls...Take Beach Blvd. thru Huntington Beach, right on US 1 along the coast and theres a signpost up ahead...next stop...Don the Beachcomber !!!

Been a rough weekend,
I think I need a little pick me up to start the week off right.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Jason Wickedly is having a Birthday I hear!

Hey all you Agents! Jason Wickedly (Agent #2) is having an aging ritual (Birthday)
Tonight at HQ (Don's) get on your black suits and skinny ties and don't forget your stingy brimmed hats
and celebrate with us all.

Number Six and Nine, over & out, under.......

J
JOHN-O posted on Mon, Jun 6, 2011 5:42 PM

Happy Birthday Jason !! :) Have BTD buy you a drink on my behalf.

And Happy (belated from last week) Birthday Deanna !! :)

I am soooo behind. :(

We will also be doing a little pre-celebration for Agent #10 (Danielle) who has a birthday coming up next week.

Over and out.

HT

Last night at TC night at DTB it was Happy Birthday for Jason and Danielle. Thank you Nancy and ATP for the cup cakes. Ohana was in the air. John-o was not in attendance, still upset for missing ZANDORA on saturday night.

What a fun night...thanks so much ATP and Jungle Ginger for the cool gifts (hint...I'm wearing mine in the above pic) and the amazing pineapple cupcakes! Thanks all you kids who turned out as well..gotta love the Monday Night Don's Crew. Agent #2 out!

Happy Birthday, Jason! Sorry that Dinah and I couldn't make it, I haven't been running at 100% lately. See you soon though! Maybe Ink n' Iron?! We're going on Saturday.

Hey Guys,

Here are some more pics from Monday....

H

#15 Looking forward to the Monday Nite Mai Tai Spam Roll Ice Tea Party at DON"S

HT

#11 HB TIKI will be there for roll call. Will JOHN-O make an appearance.

Agents of T.I.K.I. Alert!

Monday Debriefing at H.Q. (Don's) it's be awhile since we had a big turn out at H.Q.
with all the missions going on the last few weeks.

Any one up for making it a record turnout ! on this first Monday of Summer.

Also Agent 33 1/3 (Brent) has been under the weather this last week and could use some
"Get well or else" messages.

Grab your fellow Agents, Trainees and Enemies and head on down to Don's!

Over and out - Agents #6 & #9.

H

MAI TAI ! MAI TAI ! MAI TAI ! #15 GOING IN....

J

Are you bringing my T-shirt Roger ??...

I'll need El Tiki to go "South of the Border" in August. :)

Count me in!

Nice turn out and a fun night at Don's last night
a few nice surprises (Thanks! John-O & HB Tiki)
and a nice visit from Kate Flannery who plays (Meredith Palmer on The Office) and friends.

Pretty much a typical night at Don's!

CJ

good spot for planking!

J

On 2011-06-28 11:17, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
Nice turn out and a fun night at Don's last night
a few nice surprises (Thanks! John-O & HB Tiki)
and a nice visit from Kate Flannery who plays (Meredith Palmer on The Office) and friends.

Pretty much a typical night at Don's!

Kate Flannery ?? !! "The Office" ?? !!

I had no idea...

And to think I asked "So are you on Tiki Central ??" :D

John O doesn't have a TV folks,

but I do, and I still didn't recognize her.
but she's a very nice, funny lady.

And they said they have been to the Surf Guitar convention before,
and are going again this year.
YES!!!!!

Jeff(btd)

TT

She's also been to a little event called Tiki Oasis...at least twice.

Looks like some good times, thanks for the pix!

Kate met Jungle Ginger at Oasis 8, When JG ran into to her last night
Kate remembered her and said hello, JG then brought her back to the Dagger Bar
to meet the rest of us.

A real nice lady as was the rest of her group.

H

On 2011-06-28 21:30, Tonga Tom wrote:
She's also been to a little event called Tiki Oasis...at least twice.

And not just been, she performed at TO10. Kate Flannery is one half of The Lampshades:
http://thelampshades.com/

The funniest parody lounge act evar!

On 2011-06-28 11:42, Coco Joe wrote:
good spot for planking!

On 2011-06-28 21:43, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
Kate met Jungle Ginger at Oasis 8, When JG ran into to her last night
Kate remembered her and said hello, JG then brought her back to the Dagger Bar
to meet the rest of us.

A real nice lady as was the rest of her group.

Actually, I never officially met her until last nite, but she recognized me from Tiki Oasis. (we readheads stick together) Kate and her boyfriend Chris are such nice, fun people that I can tell they would be a blast to hang out with. I hope they can start making it to a few more Tiki Events, and we can find another good location for The Lampshades to play. We really hit it off, and I think they are going to hit it off with everyone else as well. :)

Here you go John-O..a couple of my favorite clips of Kate Flannery on The Office. I'm guessing her character Meredith would fit right in with the Tiki crowd..because, well...she's a drunk that does inappropriate things!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QiwAf8ltuk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3z652fblO0

(these might be mildly NSFW, even though they are network TV)

Here's a clip of the Lampshades from TO10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzJEmlZ21s4&feature=related

Thanks to Hakalugi for sending that to me.

Jeff(btd)

Agent Alert!

Set your coordinates for fun this Monday.
Agent 11 (HB Tiki) is having an aging ritual (Birthday)this Monday at HQ (Don's).

Yes, our favorite retired "Teacher from Hell" is going to get smashed and then fight each & everyone of us "Street Style" in the alley behind H.Q.
Then after spitting blood & teeth, we will all hug and get smashed some more!

Sounds like fun!

When do I get an Agent number, see ya all Monday & Happy Birthday HBTiki!

HT

Chuck Tatum is Tiki is new to Tiki Central, maybe 000 would be a good agent number for him. He is a well known surfer from Seal Beach .

well if 10 people make you well known, then yes I am well known
But since I am in Long Beach, I would have to list that as my homebase.
Unless you count my time spent at Don's, Then maybe it is Seal Beach!

See you tonight Roger!

H

Mai Tai Monday !!!!!!!! #15 In

HT

Found a tile picture of Chuck Tatum in Huntingon Beach at a resort, we are lucky to have him a TC er on monday night. Maybe Big Tiki Dude will be happy if Chuck likes surf Music.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1257 replies