Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TC night, Mondays at Don the Beachcomber in Sunset Beach Ca.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,257 replies

C

Well, not only was I able to make it but wow what a great night. I had a chance to meet some real tiki 'royalty'. Thanks to so many and I do not want to forget anyone, so thanks to everyone.

Last night was Mrs. Chippy's first chance to attend a TC night at Don's and WOW, what a night. She was so blown away with everyone. I did want to apologize to Bamboo Ben. My wife was chatting him up and I do not think he was able to enjoy the show, but she was so blown away with his talent, skill, and creativity. Thanks Ben.

After the show we had a great time with everyone, just enjoying so many different stories and encounters from that evening. Poor ATP, Mrs Chippy's next victim. I think she almost let him get a few words in as she took a breath. Good thing Big Tiki Dude came by to draw her attention so ATP could escape.

Another great night. Thanks again to everyone.

C

Wait a minute...was last night Saturday night or Monday night? My calendars all confused, because it seemed like an especially good Saturday night at DTB. The Hula Girls sounded great, and it was great to have an "in-town" personal appearance by the new bride and groom Deanna and Trevor. There were so many people, I didn't really get a chance to say hi to everyone.

Caltiki

It was a big night at Don's, The Hula Girls had the place rockin! a rare appearance from Bamboo Ben
HipHipaHula who I was able to chat up, always great to see Crazy Al and to many to mention who made it out!

Chippy it was great meeting your wife & being able to sit for a bit and talk to guys! I think you may have the beginnings
of a "Tiki Wife" there!

Deanna and Trevor Congrats for tying the knot!,They and Doug,Jane,Stacey all came straight from the weekend long wedding to Don's

A great Monday night at Don's! but where was John-O! I don't think anyone took any pics?

HT

SEE PHOTOS for TC Night at DTB under The Hula Girls!

Can't make it tonight, so any of you kids who do, have a fun night!

C

On 2010-10-25 18:36, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Can't make it tonight, so any of you kids who do, have a fun night!

Brother, you were missed.

Small crowd at the TC table but as always, great conversation. (The drinks weren't too bad either!)

Wanted to go last night,
but alas I was helping another friend, Ran(aka Kick the Reverb) and his Family move from SD to Oceanside.
didn't back up to OC till 10 pm,
figured it was too late,
and I was beat tired.

Next Monday for sure,
but only from 5 to 7 pm.

Jeff(btd)

Thanks Chippy!, maybe we can all make it an after Hulaween get together next Monday?
who's in?

C

On 2010-10-26 20:00, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Thanks Chippy!, maybe we can all make it an after Hulaween get together next Monday?
who's in?

Well, Hopefully Mrs Chippy and I can both make it over. I have to get her out of the house more.

HT

Last week at TC night at DTB no BTD and John O to take his outstanding pictures. Earlier in the day I called BTD to see what time he was going to show up and he said he was not going to be there because he was helping someone move. I guess the word got out he was not going to show up. Finally about 7pm TCers
started to show up.

I'll be there today.
5 ish to 6:30 ish.

was there last night for the Smokin Menehunes, and it was a Halloween ghost town.
about 10 people at the max.

Jeff(btd)

leavin for Dons soon.

is it Rum o'clock yet?

be there 5 ish.
and not leaving early this time.

yay!!

Jeff(btd)

Well we are just getting over that Fracking Flu, so we will miss you all tonight, we missed out on Halloween & this weekends
shindigs! will have to make it out next Monday!

Have fun! Nancy sez hello to everybody too.

;-(

get well soon,
I know that cold is a buggah,
I had it 2 weeks ago.

C

I'm going to miss it again tonight, but will hopefully be there next Monday.

Caltiki Brent

J
JOHN-O posted on Mon, Nov 8, 2010 5:28 PM

Me three.

See you guys next Monday.

I was gonna post this in 'locating tiki' but I thought no one would see it there... I heard from one of the waitresses this past weekend that Don's is now down to about 7 cocktail menus. Marie told me this last Saturday night, that she originally ordered 90-something of them...

I'm not implicating anyone on TC here, just making it known that there has been some real thievery from Don's. It's a true bummer and it's the reason that you don't see things like tiki oil lamps on tables anymore or maitai glasses with printed logos or drinks served in mugs (unless you pay for them). Let's preserve Don's and try to all be watchdogs for Art. He's doing his best to keep the place afloat and make it cool for us all to hang out there.

C

Now I feel guilty about bringing home my coaster two weeks ago

Haha.... I think that's probably okay.

C

Oh good. I was begining to stress out.

I want to support Art as much as possible.

J

At Happy Hour, always tip at least 40% (50% is better to make up for those who don't do the right thing).

If you're going to steal something, tip 100%.

Happy Birthday Art! Today is his B-Day everybody!

Hey Everybody, Nancy here!

I just signed up to keep in touch with everyone. Lance is pulling a Conan and going to cable.

Jeff, John - we salute you.

Is everyone going to Big Toe's show tomorrow?

Hope to see you guys soon.

J

Yay !! Mrs. ATP :)

I'm so happy.

I will not be at BigToe's show but I will be at Don's on Mon.

We will be there at Don's on Monday.

We are stir crazy from being cooped up in the house so long, and feeling much better.

See you there!

Jungle Ginger/Nancy

C

I'm going to Big Toe's tonight (and we'll see about Thee Swank Bastards after, but I was out late last night and so we'll see). I'm also hoping to be at Don TB Monday, though.

John-O--it was great to accidentally run into you at HMS Bounty last night. I had been there since 7pm dining with some non-tiki friends from Arizona (it was their idea to eat there) and was trying to get out to Reseda to see the Lucky Stars western swing band (they were great as usual), otherwise I would have stayed and hung out with you. I was drinking their excellent Manhattans, and my friend Joan had their Sidecar which was also great (sorry for discussing non-rum drinks at a nautical bar in a Dons thread--I'll cease here).

Caltiki Brent

see ya'll monday.

good to see you on here Nancy.

please don't ATP make you post anything bad and get Booted off.
:wink:
j/k

Jeff(btd)

No Drama here!

I'm here for the socializing.

I am the Ying to ATP's Yang.

Jungle Ginger/Nancy

C

Now now Jungle Ginger--don't start posting about ATP's Yang or you will get booted. :)

See you all Monday,

Caltiki Brent

Doh,
Ha!

Jeff(btd)

I'd go tonight, but I drank enough rum there on Saturday night to kill a small horse.

I thought you were a small Horse.

man my tolerance is way down,
I had 2 rum barrels, and had to hang out till
11 ish, before I could leave.
then the fog didn't help matters.
pheeew.....fun drive home.
:o

Jeff(btd)

Okay, who's up for Monday? Stacey said she will be meeing us there. Yay! :)
We have some catching up to do, and I think we all need a couple of drinks to brace ourselves for the holidays.

Jungle Ginger/Nancy

I will be there, but not sure what time.
I am usually off on monday from work,
but to get the long holiday weekend off,
I need to work monday.

Probably no later that 6 ish.

Jeff(btd)

DZ

What's this I read about a steel drum band playing in the bar Monday?

C

Well, I hope there was a good crowd there tonight.

Unfortunately I have to pick up my daughter from chior practice.

Hopefully next week I will be able to steal away. :wink:

tonight,

manyana,
the hot butter rums are flowin
and are really good for the cool weather.

Jeff(btd)

ATP and I will be there tonite!

See you soon Jeff.

Speaking of Don... Don't forget the concert/ tiki vending bazaar at Don the Beachcomber, THIS Saturday night with The Hula Girls and The Tequila Worms... See here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38590&forum=17&5

Nice, Spam, thread hijack there Spike.
But I'll let you slide man.
Jeff(btd)

So, who's gonna brave the weather and come down tonight.

Jeff btd

Man, this rain is crazy,
I need me a Hot Buttered Rum or 2, to warm me up
after workin in it all day.

Jeff(btd)

ATP has issued a memo to all agents of T.I.K.I. (Temporary Insanity Kitsch Incorporated)

All agents not on out-of-town assignments please report to H.Q.("Don the Beachcomber") for debriefing & cocktails, anytime after 1800 hours on Monday! It's a post Xmas,Pre-New Year's debriefing, and all night happy hour! Agent #6 (Atomic Tiki Punk), Agent #2 (Jason Wickedly), and Agent #5 (Big Tiki Dude) have confirmed attendance, all other agents confirm.

Please program the coordinates into your GPS/Decoder rings - we will see you there!

-Jungle Ginger (#9)

HT

I will be there, What # am I ?????

J

No.2: “Good day, Number Six.”
No.6: “Number what?”
No.2: “Six. For official purposes, everyone has a number. Yours is number 6.”
No.6: “I am not a number, I am a person.”

And beware that giant Tiki Float Ball...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1257 replies