Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TC night, Mondays at Don the Beachcomber in Sunset Beach Ca.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,257 replies

On 2010-04-12 17:56, little lost tiki wrote:

When I was walking into the Kon Tiki you reached out at me.
I guess you really want a piece of this huh?

i would tear you up,boy!
:)

that's what I was afraid of, and why I jerked out of the way when you reached out for me.
:o

Jeff(btd)

CJ

$50 worth of food and drinks for $25
http://www.groupon.com/los-angeles/

BTD - Mahalo for saving us a seat Monday night. It was the perfect way to end our Tiki Weekend Adventure :)

no problem,
my pleasure.

Jeff(btd)

C

So is this happening this week? I might actually be able to make it after work for maybe the last half-hour to hour of happy hour if anyone is going to be there.

Brent

We will be there,tonight after missing the last few Mondays, see you Jeff?

J

I'll be there this Thursday. Thursday is the new Monday. :) Christian told me there was a line out the door last Monday by 7pm !!

Ha, one of these days I'm actually going to meet the Atomic Tiki Punk. I have such high expectations !!

Congowa,
Happy Hour is all night on mondays,

ATP,
I will be there tonight, around 5 till???

John O,
thurs??? rebel. :wink:

John-O, I always disappoint in person,sorry!
Jeff we don't get off work till after 7 so will be there after
I am trying to talk Doug & Stacey into going,if you guys read this,you are wanted!
In a good way!

Nice. Someone else realized Thursday is the new Monday! What's odd, is that every Thursday, when I get there at 5ish, it's packed. By 6, everyone's gone. I understand the whole after work drink thing, but why wouldn't you just stay until happy hour's over? If I didn't have to drive an hour, I'd be there all three hours...every night. Have a good time tonight guys.

And btw, my Scorpion last week was the best I've ever had at Don's. Don't know why, but it was.

But Monday is happy hour the whole night! 1/2 price! the whole night!
what does Thursday got on King Kong now!

On 2010-04-19 18:17, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
But Monday is happy hour the whole night! 1/2 price! the whole night!
what does Thursday got on King Kong now!

Oh I do understand the concept of the all night happy hour on Mondays...I just can't wrap my head around going into work at 6:30 on Tuesday, to work for 36 more hours until the weekend, after four hours of Don's the night before. I also rarely have to fight for a seat on Thursday nights, unlike Mondays which FILL up.

Also, Mondays are for Scotch.:wink:

Well Tonight was very fun, met new folk, Michael & his crew from forbidden Island, Mai Tai,Coco great bunch of folks from NorCal
also met SoccerTiki in person, Marie gave everyone a personal tour, a highlight was when David Bowie showed up and played a set with Tin Machine, very cool!

So Mondays at Don's, take that Thursdays!

J

On 2010-04-19 13:54, bigtikidude wrote:
John O,
thurs??? rebel. :wink:

Actually this Thurs, I'm going to try to detour to Trader Vic's instead. I understand that the Bigbro will be channeling the spirt of Don Ho and we're going to see him perform the lyrics to "Hawaii 5-0" and "Quiet Village" (yes, there are lyrics !!).

That's the real sound of Tiki. :D

Doesn't anyone ever take pictures of TC Mondays at Don's?

Remember, an event didn't happen on TC unless there's photographic evidence. Take a lesson from Tonga Tom.

OOOOOfff
I have such a hangover this morning.
:(

John O,

I think you have your Dates mixed up.
Sven's listening party for the sound of Tiki is going to be on Thurs. the 29th.

But there will be one on Sat. May 8th at Don's also.
and I will be djing from 6ish to 8:30ish, then the Boardwalkers play after.

As for Taking pictures, there were some pictures taken.
But I don't think people feel the need to post them,
to prove that its the cool place to be.
:o :wink:

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-04-20 09:41 ]

You seemed fine when we left Jeff, did you bust out a scorpion bowl and have Marie fill it with your favorite grog?
John-O, some day I will bring a camera and take photos for posterity.
David Bowie Rocked!

ATP,
No, no scorpion bowl, just 3 drinks, 1 being a rum barrel.
my tolerance is way down lately, and 3 spins me pretty good.
I hang out for a good while to sober up to drive.
I think it was 11 or so when we left.

but the morning after is rough.
ugh......
:(

Jeff(btd)

C

By the time my Monday work day ended (after a busy weekend with little sleep, including Sunday night) I was too worn out to make it down to Dons. Maybe next week, or a Monday when I don't have a lot going on during the weekend and can go to work Monday on a full night's sleep!

Sorry to have missed the FI folks, it was starting to sound like it was a good night until you mentioned Bowie and Tin Machine played. Maybe if he had stuck to his early 70's stuff That might have been great, but not feasible as its a long way from the Dagger Bar stage to the bathroom for mid-set Ziggy Stardust to Jean Genie costume changes.

Caltiki Brent

I did forget to put a few of these :lol: :lol: :lol: in my posts!

J

Here's a call out to keep supporting Don's in Marie's absence. I'm not sure what the status of the Tropical drinks will be since I think she was solely responsible for all the pre-mixing (using the Don "secret" recipes). If that's the case I'm switching to gin, bourbon, and/or Primo until she returns.

I'll be there this Wed (my new Mon) to raise a glass to her successful recovery.

Dons drinks on sat and the one I had tonight are fine,
and someone is making the special mixes in Marie's absence.

I want to call out to any and everyone that can make it to Don's this monday.
To Come out and sign a Big get well card that I am going to pick up for her.

I know that it may be far or hard on a weeknight,
but I am really hoping that people will put aside these issues and show up for this.

Please pass the word, on e-mails, texts, and facebook for everyone to come to Dons Monday
and sing the TC get well card.

Thanks to all of you.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

bump

poor Marie!
is there a thread in Ohana
for those of us
who can't make it down tonight
to send her our prayers and comforts?

R

On 2010-04-26 07:46, little lost tiki wrote:
poor Marie!
is there a thread in Ohana
for those of us
who can't make it down tonight
to send her our prayers and comforts?

you could technically just post the thread: pray for Marie... in general tiki

Somebody suggested that if they can't get down to Dons, that we leave the card at the Bar, for a week or so. and people can swing by when they can, and sign it then. Then at the end of next weekend, I can then give it to JonPaul.

Jeff(btd)

I was thinking of printing this thread at the end of the day, before I leave for Don's, so we can stick it inside of the card.

Thats a Great Idea too Jason,
Thanks

Jeff(btd)

That is a good idea Jeff, maybe bring it to Bamboo Bens on Sunday to?
though I am sure many TCers will be at Don's after?

On 2010-04-26 10:12, bigtikidude wrote:
Somebody suggested that if they can't get down to Dons, that we leave the card at the Bar, for a week or so. and people can swing by when they can, and sign it then. Then at the end of next weekend, I can then give it to JonPaul.

Jeff(btd)

ATP,
I would hope that a bunch of people will go to Don's on Sun. after Ben's event and the HB pier show.

But maybe I can get 2 or 3 binders of paper together and have them go to Bens, and also to the HB pier, and people can sign them, and then bring them back to the Card, at Dons. And then we can put them all together sun. And give them to JP to give to Marie.

Hope to see some People at Dons tonight.
I am leaving soon to go get the Card.

Jeff(btd)

Great turnout at Dons tonight to sign the get well card for Marie.
Thanks everybody.
if you couldn't make it,
I left the card, and 3 ring binder with more pages for overflow,
at the bar, just tell them you are a TC person, and you want to sign it for her.
It will be there till Sun Night. after the Bamboo Ben event.
you can sign anytime between now and then.

thanks again everybody,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

This is most of the group at Don's last night.

Good times!

Cool, thanks for posting that Chris.

Great turnout at Dons tonight to sign the get well card for Marie.
Thanks everybody.
if you couldn't make it,
I left the card, and 3 ring binder with more pages for overflow,
at the bar, just tell them you are a TC person, and you want to sign it for her.
It will be there till Sun Night. after the Bamboo Ben event.
you can sign anytime between now and then.

thanks again everybody,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

I had fun last night. Great picture for Marie but I still think Adrian should have stuck with the Buzzy pose.

Get well soon Marie.

I had a great time last night! What an awesome pic of everyone. I'm so glad Ali Al found me so I could be a part of it:)
*side note - Never let me wander alone, you guys should know that;~D

Good times.....if I didn't have to work last night until late I would have been there.
I will go there in the next couple of days and sign card .Would like to find out
what hospital she is in to visit and bring flowers if possible.

Last night was just great. We NEVER head up to Don's on weeknights, but really wanted to show our love to Marie by signing her card. It was wonderful to see so many people with the same motivation, and to finally check out the Monday night scene. Oh, to live just a little closer!

I too would love a refresher on the name of the hospital Marie's in. Jeff, you mentioned she might be being moved to a Kaiser hospital this week but weren't sure of the city. Any way we can get that detail so people can sends cards and flowers? I'd be happy to help in any way, too. Thanks!

Deanna,

thanks so much for coming up on a Monday.
it meant alot. as I know its a good trek for you 2.

JonPaul will be posting a update soon.

Jeff(btd)

Nancy & I had to work late & are sorry we missed you guys, glad the turnout for Marie was rockin!
See you all at Ben's.

Thanks Jeff for taking point on this!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-04-27 13:30 ]

I cleaned up the pic a little bit so everyone can be seen better. Special thanks to Brianna for emailing this pic for us to enjoy!

I'm gonna print that and put it with the Card at Dons.

Thanks
Jeff(btd)

Here's a couple of smaller group pics we took at the end of the night after signing Maries card...

Stacy's got a serious case of the Huggies.
not that its a bad thing.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

ok I know some of us were here a few times this past weekend.
But I think there is a need for a little recovery visit tonight.

Jeff(btd)

No way,you guys will see us tonight, plain Tucker'd Out from the weekend, you young folks have fun!

I only had one drink last night.
trying to save a few bucks,
and save a bit of my liver for tiki caliente, and tiki oasis.
But then Soccer tiki talks some of us into going to Hofs hut in LB to get a piece of Pie. Damn you Chris, Damn you.....

Good times though.
I have never seen Chris,Hinano Paul,Bong,Jason Wickerly, and Alii laugh so hard.

Jeff(btd)

whooooa another high speed weekend.
need to chill at Dons to recuperate?
I know I do.

I heard that some Valley People might be coming down tonight.
Camera in hand I hope.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

I'm heading threw traffic this afternoon to be at Don's tonight so I hope to see all
of you?? !!! Cool!

I'll be there around 5.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1257 replies