Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TC night, Mondays at Don the Beachcomber in Sunset Beach Ca.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,257 replies

What's in the box? WHAT's IN THE BOXXXXX!

C

I'm already fretting because I can't be there next Monday, so I'm going to miss some major plot developments that I'll have to be caught up on (fortunately I was there the week that Luke and Laura got married).

S

On 2010-09-01 02:33, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
What's in the box? WHAT's IN THE BOXXXXX!

Ha ha, good one. I think you can modify it to "Ahh, what's in the Rum Barrel? What's in the Baaarreelll?"

I need to get back to Don's.

So who's up for some Hair-of-the-Dog? since we missed the last two weeks
we are going to drag our bones in for some Hardcore Don's action, Bow Chicka Wow Wow!

just in case you forgot what we look like, you short term memory drunks!
Ohhh Myyy!

and "What's in the box! What's in the BOX!"

Excellent!

On 2010-09-06 13:41, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Excellent!

So that's what you look like without a hat! Mystery solved!
See y'all at Dons next week, got a little BBQ crazy at the house this afternoon

Here I am without the hat on.....Now get off my Lawn!

C
Chippy posted on Tue, Sep 7, 2010 9:18 AM

Too much family time this weekend and I really could have used a Mai Tai. Sorry I missed 'yall there this week.

As always, I will be shooting for next week....

I wasn't involved in any of the Shenanigans at Dons again this week.
ask ATP.

hell I wasn't even there.
wanted to go, but I was soo tired, after helping JP and Maire move some stuff.
I went home around 9:30pm.
thought about swinging by, but I wouldn't have been very festive.

this coming monday for sure.
Jeff(btd)

It was a slow night, just us and Sabu, Holden & his crew came & went early
So I had to make enough trouble for the rest of you,I think I got alcohol poisoning
and left a few bullet holes in the ceiling, good times......

J
JOHN-O posted on Tue, Sep 7, 2010 7:19 PM

I'll be there next Mon, 9/13 with camera in hand to record the night for all posterity. I hope there's a good crowd for the southern Tiki tribe to represent !!

ATP, if you ever needed an excuse to visit the Tonga Hut, this Sunday would be a good one. There's going to be a three-way (birthday party I mean).

BTD, did you remember to get my Exotics CD before those guys left town. If so, thanks !! On an unrelated note you did see what the reply was yesterday to my very first post on SG101: "you are a uncultured mongrel for liking sax". I get beat up everywhere on the internet. :(

Laters.

On 2010-09-07 19:19, JOHN-O wrote:
ATP, if you ever needed an excuse to visit the Tonga Hut, this Sunday would be a good one. There's going to be a three-way (birthday party I mean).

Oh Myyyyyyy!

John O,

yeah I got you the CD.
and I saw the thread on SG101,
didn't realize that was you.

don't mind Jake on there.
He's a rude little jerk.

Jeff(btd)

C

John-O, kudos to you for loving sax! I'm a guitar player who wished he played sax... we had a sax player in Del Noah and the Mt. Ararat Finks, and would still play regularly but he's in too much demand for higher-paying gigs (because there aren't enough sax players around--and too many guitar players). The kind of "surf nazi" attitude on SG101 is why I've never tried to played pure surf music--too many rules. The original early 60's Dick Dale and the Del-Tones would be considered un-surf by the surf purist crowd: they had a sax (and even trumpet!), no reverb early on, and Dick played a Strat ("everyone knows the only two surf guitars you're allowed to play are Jazzmasters and Jaguars"). I can't imagine how you can like surf music with guitars only, but not the Champs, the Viscounts, or the kind of stuff on Las Vegas Grind or Frolic Diner that is mostly sax-driven music. And a lot of them hate surf and hot rod music with vocals too.

John-O, what Brent sez is the holy truth, SAX rules, whomever made that remark is a brain dead miscreant
who pay's Hookers to uranate on him! ....TMI?

Hi Jason! we need to get the whole crew down to Don's next Monday!
I am getting myself into trouble, mouthing off around here!

I keep hearing that they are talking about moving the Monday night specials to another night so that we don't have to sit through football season. Any word on that?

Hey Spike,
The owner did mention about moving the TC crowd to the patio on Mondays, I did mention that we really like
being in the Dagger Bar! he does like us being there,so I guess we will see?

Yeah, that would be a bummer to lose the bar. It would be great to move the night to Tuesday or something.

Art mentioned to me, that he wanted the Hula Girls to come in one of these happy hour nights and play a set. It's in the works... We'll see what happens!

J
JOHN-O posted on Wed, Sep 8, 2010 6:39 PM

Can't they move football night to Tuesday instead ??

Stupid Football!

On 2010-09-08 20:07, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Stupid Football!

Amen Brutha,
hate sports on the TV in there, but it brings in customers,
so I put up with it.

I will be there this coming monday,
but it will be early 6:30 or 7ish, as I have a meeting to go to.

Jeff(btd)

correction, I will be there from 4 or 5 till
6:30.

Hope to see some there tonight.
Been awhile since I been to Dons.

Jeff(btd)

we aim to make a showing, but not til after 6pm
sorry if we miss you Jeff!

ah I see how you are.
:(

just kidding,
I usually am there much later.
but have to go to a Meeting at the Surfing Museum at 7pm

Jeff(btd)

C

I'll probably see ATP and miss BTD...will be there around 6:30.

Caltiki Brent

On 2010-09-09 23:37, bigtikidude wrote:

On 2010-09-08 20:07, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Stupid Football!

Amen Brutha,
hate sports on the TV in there, but it brings in customers,
so I put up with it.

I will be there this coming monday,
but it will be early 6:30 or 7ish, as I have a meeting to go to.

Jeff(btd)

Flashing Back to a Frankies Tiki Room Post........

Hmmmm..........

:wink:

J

Hail, Hail, the (Tiki Central) Gang's all Here.... :)

"Uh, excuse me please, could you mind not standing in front of the big screen, we're trying to watch the game here" :(

damn, I missed a bunch of cool kids,
was bummed I had to leave early.

Jeff(btd)

Fun night! anyone who was not there is a loser!
Thanks for the photos John-O.

Yea I said it,Losers!
It was a drug fueled,sex orgy of Tropical Rum drinks & Ball gags
we brought out the Gimp!

And oh yea,Zed is Dead! baby.

did you play Comanche by the Revells, when you brought out the gimp?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IPzwiKk0BE

Jeff(btd)

I believe that was Surf music when the screams died down...Yea pretty sure.....
Soccer Tiki brought Rohypnol and a windowless Van with a Unicorn painted on the side.

I never knew Doug Horn was such a sick man!
Pretty sure we scared the crap out of Crazy Al, That's right we out crazed! Crazy Al! Bitches!

I heard someone even called Mickey Rourke,who "I" was even glad was out of town.

On 2010-09-14 01:05, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Soccer Tiki brought Rohypnol and a windowless Van with a Unicorn painted on the side.

Pretty sure we scared the crap out of Crazy Al, That's right we out crazed! Crazy Al! Bitches!

I heard someone even called Mickey Rourke,who "I" was even glad was out of town.

For the record, I have NO idea what ATP is bantering on about NOR did I play any part in his fantasy world. I do think someone put something in his drink though!

On 2010-09-14 08:37, SoccerTiki wrote:
For the record, I have NO idea what ATP is bantering on about NOR did I play any part in his fantasy world. I do think someone put something in his drink though!

Yeah, RUM!!

I don't think that was a van with a unicorn, I think it was an SUV with some custom artwork by Poly Pop!

On 2010-09-14 11:10, Jason Wickedly wrote:

I don't think that was a van with a unicorn, I think it was an SUV with some custom artwork by Poly Pop!

I think Soccer Tiki might have accidently roofied himself? you really don't remember,maybe that's a good thing!

Hey Soccer,come down here,shushhhhhhh.....
Now that we are alone,since you took off early,we just included you in our crazy (Very off color joking around,so much so we shall not mention it here for fear of getting banned from pretty much everything) antics from last night,Let me know if the wife thinks you did some crimes with us,I will explain it all to her & your innocence in the matter......but for the record you had a good time!

Wish you could have been there..... :wink: :wink:

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-09-15 14:23 ]

I finally got around to trying the "Painkillers" at Don's might have contributed to the madness!

I hope some of you Monday regulars will make the 100ft. walk over to the Longboard room for this rare Monday show, this coming monday.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37822&forum=17&1

BTD, Kimo (did I remember his name right?) actually did play Comanche on his lap steel Monday night....

cool,
I was there for a bit, but had to leave early.

I heard one of the waitresses say he was playing in the dining room.
but nobody was in there.
they were all in the bar.

Jeff(btd)

On 2010-09-15 13:53, bigtikidude wrote:
cool,
I was there for a bit, but had to leave early.

I heard one of the waitresses say he was playing in the dining room.
but nobody was in there.
they were all in the bar.

Jeff(btd)

yeah, he moved into the Dagger around 7:30 or so....

J

Is there going to be one of those Swingles club parties in the back room tonight ??

Count me in !!

C

Amazingly, I think I'll be back tonight--and will be checking out Daikaiju in the other room. John-O, we may have to bring our own name tags tonight.

im there

J

On 2010-09-20 12:06, congawa wrote:
...be checking out Daikaiju in the other room.

Surf Music = Sausage Party = No Cougars. :(

correction,
surf music = sausage fest.

but as a Disclaimer,
Daikaiju is not your standard hawaiian shirt surf band.
gotta see them to get it.
minds will be warped.

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1257 replies