Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TC night, Mondays at Don the Beachcomber in Sunset Beach Ca.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,257 replies

On 2012-10-23 14:47, Big Kahuna wrote:
How do I get an agent #? Is there some sort of initiation? Do I get to pick my own?

Big K, We like to call it a security screening & don't worry (Ahem) you will know if you passed......

You can request a number that has not been assigned yet, Nancy is the keeper of the "NOC list"
I shall ask, under "the Cone of Silence" of course, what number would you like?
be advised that the obvious ones are "Taken" (Invoking skill-set,you took my daughter etc. bla bla bla)

With an "Agent" number you have access to the "Agent Lounge" The monthly "Walther PPK" giveaway
Our Newsletter "Wet Work Weekly" with great articles like "Make your Enemy an Asset" "Fun with Radaction" & more....

Number Six out.....

Number 59, please. Wait! Nobody can see this, but us, right?

On 2012-10-23 15:24, Big Kahuna wrote:
Number 59, please. Wait! Nobody can see this, but us, right?

We will wipe their memories later, I will check with the list keeper
and see if that number is available, Rick.

Sounds messy!

Hell-O! Agents,

Big Monday on Oct. 29th at Don the Beachcomber
We have a big guest (Rick "Big Kahuna") flying out from Boston
just to hang with us Motley Crew, So come say Hi, Celebrate Halloween "Tiki style"
pickup the new DTB Rum Barrel mug if you have not already got yours!

Wear a costume if you want, it's optional.

See you all there!
Number Six out.....

We have a big guest (Rick "Big Kahuna") flying out from Boston
just to hang with us Motley Crew

Pray to the Tiki Gods that Hurricane Sandy doesn't hit the east coast early, or he'll be spending Monday night at Logan the Airport.

Big Kahuna, after an exhaustive security screening we have this report:

Red Flags:
We were a bit concerned to find your parents were "Caterers" to Hitler & the Third Reich
but were also part of the failed "Exploding Cake" attempt on Der Fuhrer.

Also your short infatuation with "New Romantic" music scene in the 80s was a little
off putting.....But hell, make up skills can come in handy.

Positive History: Your Grandfather served "Rumaki" to "Mahatma Gandhi" at a State Dept. dinner once
kudos indeed! shows some real balls!

So after completing the background check we are proud to assign Agent number "59" to you!
congratulations sir from all of us at T.I.K.I., please don't forget to send in your Agent Dues
at which time you will get your very own safe house & dead drop list.

Well, now that I've been "outted", I can feel free to be myself. You think Boy George was androgynous? Wait 'til you see East Coast glam!

OK! Can we move "Big Kahuna Night" to next week, cuz I'll be 3000 miles away fighting a hurricane!?

Rick!!!!
God That sucks you are stuck in Boston.......and that "Monster Storm" too :lol: :lol: :lol:

So are you moving your agenda to next week? Yes we shall make Nov 5th "Big Kahuna Monday"!
and as we have another secret event for Nov. 5th, we should have a good crowd.

This monday will be relabeled "TC Night at Don's" Halloween edition so it's still on for the
rest of us, Rick you stay safe fighting those Monsters & we look forware to seeing you next week.

Who is up for tonight?
Witches,Goblins & Mai Tai's! oh my!

Heads up for Saturday Night Nov. 3rd

The Hula Girls will be playing the Dagger Bar at Don's!
9pm to Midnight, come on down and support the band
those "Hawaiian Shirts" aren't going to buy themselves!

Late night happy hour starts at 11pm for all you drunkards!

Sorry! I'm at work 'til 9:00, watching the hurricane out the window, 3000 miles away. See ya next week!

TM

On 2012-10-27 00:24, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Big Kahuna, after an exhaustive security screening we have this report:

Red Flags:
Also your short infatuation with "New Romantic" music scene in the 80s was a little
off putting.....But hell, make up skills can come in handy.

Now now, ATP....isn't that Steve Strange?

Don't laugh, but new ro was probably my favorite music in the 80s...(Great bass players in a lot of those bands) I was fully into it. Also a huge fan of the later offshoots like Sophisto-pop....big tiki dude is going to want to ralph after hearing this....but all the stylish bands from back then were something I was really into....I think Vintage Girl is one of the only other forum members that also likes this stuff...hell, I am so into it that a few of the musicians from that era are my friends on facebook!

Bands I was into were: Adam Ant, Visage, Duran Duran, Spandau, kajagoogoo, level 42, swing out sister, Modern Romance, Blue Rondo, ABC, Human League, wham uk.....laugh all you want but all of those bands had expert bass players...

end thread derail here.

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2012-10-29 13:03 ]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Lucas!

Actually I was a big fan of "Ultravox"
but the 70s version with "John Fox" when they were Art Punk
not so much the "Midge Ure" period.

But I did see most of the bands mentioned at those first gigs
at the Whisky a Go Go and Roxy in the early 80s....

Hey, that's where all the chicks where at!

oooooooooof

So Big Kahuna was able to get out to us West Coasters despite
Mother Nature thwarting his every attempt

Which means (Agent 59) "Big Kahuna" Monday is a go!
plus the super secret, secret thingy going on at Don's
Tonight Monday Nov 6th. (Agents start showing up around 6ish)

Pick your favorite mode of transportation & get there ASAP

Number Six out!

BK

#59 is on schedule!

We will see you tonight, Rick!

C
Chippy posted on Mon, Nov 5, 2012 3:17 PM

I heard a rumor if something going on tonight.

I'll be there.

I'll see you there, couldn't ask for better weather out here at the beach in November!

Kelly's coming down!

Well now that it is over we can tell the super secret part was
a surprise party for Tom "BigToe" (Happy 50!)

Big Kahuna was in the house & the SoCal Ohana has pummeled the poor man
with many days of Tiki kindness, he may need a few days sleep when he gets home

See you next trip out Rick! great crowd in the Dagger Bar last night
we had a heated but civil discussion on Politics, Religion & then Booze....in that order
we know our priorities!

Number Six Out!

Sad news from Don the Beachcomber:

We are sadden to bring such news but this morning November 7th at 1:10am owner, Arthur Snyder passed away in his sleep at 79 years old.He was a united states marine, a USC law graduate, a politician, a restaurateur but most importantly a dedicated husband, father, & grandfather. He will leave a legacy behind for ages to come but what he left in everyone's hearts will last a lifetime. Burial information will be posted soon. We will be holding a celebration of life this Saturday at Don the Beachcomber in the Longboard Room from 3pm-8pm.

Rest in peace Arthur Snyder.

We will miss this wonderful man.

Thread here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=44285&forum=15&start=last&

Spike
http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls
http://www.thehulagirlsmusic.com

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2012-11-07 14:34 ]

[ Edited by: LUCKYDESIGNS 2012-11-07 14:51 ]

BK

Spike,
I'm absolutely heartbroken at this news. I'm glad you & I had such a nice conversation with Art, Saturday night. He will certainly be missed in this community.
Rick

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2012-11-07 15:11 ]

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2012-11-07 15:31 ]

This is very sad news. Just a couple weeks ago he was having a conversation with Ben in the booth next to me.

All my best to his family and friends! Don's is the best!

Semper Fidelis Art.

TT

Sad news indeed. Art was a good man and will be missed by many. share your thoughts and feeling on this thread.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=44285&forum=15&12

Starting tonight we will begin a new tradition of remembering Art Snyder and his dedication not just to revitalizing Don the Beachcomber but supporting the tiki community in whole. In his honor and memory we would like to raise our glasses in toast at 7:30 pm in the Dagger Bar every Monday night. All of us that attend Monday nights can recall at one time or another Art's coming up and sitting with us to listen to stories and tell some of his own. He felt a very strong tie with the tiki community and always enjoyed our presence. If you couldn't make it to the celebration of life this past weekend or may not be able to attend the funeral Wednesday at Forest Lawn, this might be a good way to show your appreciation.

Nancy & I are stuck working tonight, please raise a toast for us to Art.
Have a great night TC Ohana!

Hope to see all of the Monday DTB crew this Saturday at Don's to help support Steady Eddie.

This is another opportunity to show your support for a member of our tiki community ...you know Art would of been there!

HT

Please come to Don The beachcomber tonight for TC night and to Honor Art Snyder in a Toast at 7:30.

Agent 59 is 3000 miles away. Please raise one, to Art, for me!

We have been out of town all weekend, Raise one for us too!

We can make up for missing Monday at Don's by going this Friday night
to see the Hula Girls 9pm in the Dagger Bar! it's Judy's B-Day so B-There!

C

Looking forward to meeting with the Ohana tonight at Don's and toasting Art at 7:30. Hope to see you all there.

If you weren't able to make it to Don's for Operation Tiki Santa Paws Sunday Night, Soccertiki will be at Don's this Monday from 6-8, you can bring your donations to him. Mahalo!!!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=41755&forum=17&12

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2012-12-09 19:38 ]

H

See you tonite for Santa Paws...and maybe just a little rum....and some spam...and...and...

Jungle Ginger & I have been stuck in a never ending cycle of work & responsibility
That has made us miss several TC Monday nights,But no more!

We are going to do the adult thing and quit our jobs & cancel the "Life Insurance policies"
And get wasted at Don's this Monday, who is in!

Monday in Dagger Bar! I hear the Van will be in the parking lot to!

Count me in for some pre-Christmas cheer!

It will be nice to meet you in person, Lori.

I fell asleep in the recliner chair when I got home from work tonight,
and woke up around 10:30.
so since I missed Fri.
I will prob. go on Mon.

Jeff(btd)

J

Count me in !! It's been a while for me as well for a Tiki Monday.

Looking forward to meeting Lori and seeing BTD's new truck.

Hopefully Spike and Dinah will come by for some belated Birthday cocktails.

John-O is in the hut!!!

Sabu will be there, Doug Horne will try to make it too!
Tonight, Agents!

HT

HB TIKI will be there and Chippy will be there in SPIRIT.

For any Tiki Central folks coming to Don's tonight. From 6-6:45 there will be complimentary appetizers at our Tiki Central Table. Courtesy of yours truly...Mele Kalikimaka!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1257 replies