Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TC night, Mondays at Don the Beachcomber in Sunset Beach Ca.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,257 replies

Agent Alert! Please report for post Valentines Day debriefing and cocktails.

Have all agents returned from out of town assignments?

Agents #6 and #9 will be there.

who's in?

Jeff(btd)

Agent alert!
Tonight at HQ (Don's) Operation "FREE RUM" will begin at 19:00 hours.
That's all we need to know, so look for agents 6 & 9; We will be there - covertly!

We plan to dispose of some of that Rum with extreme prejudice.

soooooooooooooo tempting!

But i MUST paint!
and try to ignore this wonderful event at Don's tonight...
boohooooooooooooooooo....

Have a BLAST!
If i get uninspired or thirsty
just might pop down...

Free Rum = INSPIRATION

hic

manyana

J
JOHN-O posted on Sun, Mar 6, 2011 8:22 PM

Si si Hombre Muy Grande de Tiki,

Nos vemos mañana !!

JUAN-O

John O,
how the hell do you get the little squiggle over the letter?

and don't tell me ancient Chinese secret.
and yes I know your Japanese.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

We got an agent alert from #6, who has been using the undercover name Vatican Assasin Warlock:

"We got one Speed & that's GO!"... to Don's Tonight.........cause we are Rock Stars from Mars!
with Tiger Blood on our Claws........so who's up for it cause, 'Duh! Winning!'

You will go because......"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."

See you at Don's, we will be the ones bangin' seven-gram rocks and finishing them because that's how we roll, because we have one speed and we be bringing the goddesses!!!

Vatican Assassin Warlock

C

On 2011-03-07 10:44, Jungle Ginger wrote:
We got an agent alert from #6, who has been using the undercover name Vatican Assasin Warlock:

"We got one Speed & that's GO!"... to Don's Tonight.........cause we are Rock Stars from Mars!
with Tiger Blood on our Claws........so who's up for it cause, 'Duh! Winning!'

You will go because......"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."

See you at Don's, we will be the ones bangin' seven-gram rocks and finishing them because that's how we roll, because we have one speed and we be bringing the goddesses!!!

Vatican Assassin Warlock  

Well I did not see any Vatican Assasin Warlocks with Tiger Blood but I did see some Adonis DNA action going on at the table behind me. They were sitting with two Godesses who were 'Smokin' Hot'!!

Thanks for the heads up Ginger. Without that warning I may have called in the troops to deal wity that situation. I have never seen rock stars from mars before. It was pretty cool.

Great night for all.

[ Edited by: Chippy 2011-03-07 23:51 ]

Speaking of Adonis DNA - has anyone checked out the guns on John-O? Don't let the glasses fool you - that guy is rock hard. He has been hitting the gym, and the Tiger's Blood. :wink:

Chippy - glad you checked in with headquarters, we were starting to worry you were being recruited by enemy agent warlocks.

Jim - nice little trio you've got there. Thanks for the Tees.

HB Tiki - a heartfelt Mahalo to you from Atomic Tiki Punk and myself for the lovely frame and picture from Valentines Day. It was such a nice gesture - Thanks again! :)

Yikes,
Mean Kitty.
Meeeeow.

Jeff(btd)

Do people still meet at DTB on Monday? I'm thinking of coming in this Monday for a Rum barrel.

Every Monday,
we usually sit up front by the big screen tv at a long table.
and the Rum Barrel is my drink of choice.

Please join us and say Hi.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2011-03-18 21:53 ]

Thanks BTD. What time do most people get there?

I usually get there at 5 ish,
and some others around then.

but others trail in a little later as they get off work and make it over.
6 to 8 ish.

Jeff(btd)

Well, I plan to be there tomorrow. I' going to stop at Hitimes first to get some El Dorado and hopefully some Lemon Hart. Then, it's north along the Trail of Rum Road.

Greetings all Agents!

Agent 86 (John-O) is having a "Ceremonial Aging Ritual" (a Birthday that is!)
at T.I.K.I. HQ (Don the Beachcomber) Tomorrow, Monday March 21st

Come on down and have a drink with John-O before he has to retire, and by "Retire" well.......you know...........we don't speak of these things at T.I.K.I.
Be there or be square!

Number 6 & Number 9

Hopefully I can make it tonight.
I pulled a back muscle yesterday moving my milk crates of records around.
Ouch! :(
Maybe its time to switch it up to a painkiller instead of the Rum barrel.

Jeff(btd)

HT

Agent 11 will be there. Will be there to have a drink with John-o and other tiki friends

HT

Happy Birthday John-O

H

#15 Planning on pulling in tonite.

C

I was at Don's Saturday for Thee Swank Bastards, and yet (as if I hadn't learned my lesson) I'll be back there tonight to wish John-O a happy birthday!

Caltiki Brent

C

I wish I could be there tonight but these darn kids are keeping me bound to the house.

Birthday celebrations are always great.

Happy Birthday John-O! May the Mai Tai's be fresh and the company fresher.

John-O, Jeff BTD and all the others I met, wow, what a great time it was. I wish I didn't live so far away.

I truly had a great time. And, I made it home in 100 minutes-safe.

J

I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who wished me a Happy B-Day this last Monday...

A special thanks to Big Tiki Dude for the Navy Grog :), HB Tiki for the vintage Hollywood Bowl program :), CalTiki for the Aloha shirt :), Art Snyder for the Dr. Funk & round of chocolate mousse :), SoccerTiki for the bar ware :), and Atomic Tiki Punk and Jungle Ginger for the bark cloth shirt and cool card :). AND THE CUPCAKES !!

It was fun to close down Don's !!

And it was good to meet my future partner-in-crime Telescopes (even though we don't see eye to eye on our Tropical mixology).

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-03-23 22:40 ]

On 2011-03-23 14:43, JOHN-O wrote:
I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who wished me a Happy B-Day this last Monday...

A special thanks to Big Tiki Dude for the Navy Grog :), HB Tiki for the vintage Hollywood Bowl program :), CalTiki for the Aloha shirt :), Art Snyder for the Dr. Funk & round of chocolate mousse :), SoccerTiki for the bar ware :), and Atomic Tiki Punk and Jungle Ginger for the bark cloth shirt and cool card :).

It was fun to close down Don's !!

And it was good to meet my future partner-in-crime Telescopes (even though we don't see eye to eye on our Tropical mixology).

or
Closed down the place - wow!. Maybe not eye-to-eye, but close enough for a game of hand grenades or horse shoes. It was wonderful to meet you. I truly wish i could have stayed longer.

H

#15...After 5

HT

#11 hb tiki will be there

#2 Agent Wickedly...AWOL tonight. See y'all on Friday night for the Hula Girls.

Sorry we missed you guys tonite - We will probably be there on Friday for the Hula Girls.

Agents #6 and #9 over and out!

(ATP & Jungle Ginger)

wait a minute,
6 and 9, that's dirty....

Jeff(btd)

Monday we will be celebrating the B-day of
OC's 2nd most beloved banned from TC, member.
Lance, aka Atomic Tiki Punk.
I think he's turning 60 or so.
That's why he has all the classic threads,
he didn't buy them in a thrift store.
he bought them in real stores in back in the day.
:o

u know I Luv ya ATP
Jeff(btd)

C

What a crummy time to get my shift changed (again!)

Happy early Birthday ATP!

We will be there on Monday for the Earlybird Specials, and I will make sure ATP brings his AARP card. :wink:

A special message for you all from ATP:

Thank you all for throwing this special Roast for me...now GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

[ Edited by: Jungle Ginger 2011-03-30 23:32 ]

HT

Agent 11 will be there to celebrate ATP birthday, Finally there will be another AARP person there close to my age.

AARP ?
Angry Alcoholic Ranting Publicly ?

Jeff(btd)

Here are some pics from John-O's Birthday.
Looking forward to seeing you all this Monday!

[ Edited by: Jungle Ginger 2011-04-03 00:24 ]

J

Happy Birthday Atomic Tiki Punk !!

It was another wild and crazy TC Monday at Don's.

Remember Lance, the older you get, the more Tiki you get. :)

Also about that El Dorado 21 we gave you, DON'T YOU DARE MIX IT !!

TT

Thanks for the pix for both birthdays, wish we coulda been there.

J
JOHN-O posted on Tue, Apr 5, 2011 2:27 PM

Actually I wanted to get a picture of ATP with all of his presents. He was however smart enough to move everything to his car trunk before anyone said "Hey let's open up the '21' and have a taste !!".

It's too bad, Swamp Fire gave him one funky looking banana-colored Tiki mug. I hope the ferrets don't knock it over.

HT

Great Birthday Party for ATP at DTB. Lance received 2 out standings bottle of Rum and a very nice tiki mug.
Delia sent out a pineapple up side down cake for ATP. She would on put one candle on it since she found out that ATP could join AARP, SAFETY FIRST. Happy Birthday Lance

How could anybody not like,... or ban this guy?
what the Fuck is wrong with this world?
wait, don't answer that.

Happy B-day Lance(ATP)
don't go changing, we like you just the way you are.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2011-04-05 22:32 ]

What a great turnout! Thanks everyone for making ATP's birthday so memorable. I have posted more photos below, but here is a special thank you from ATP himself:

"Thanks soooooo much to everyone for such an excellent Birthday!
John-O, Doug, Stacey, Brent (CalTiki), Jason, Crazy Al, Spike & Dinah, Jeff(BTD),Jim, Tim(Sabu), Roger(HB Tiki) Chris (Soccer Tiki), Hotiki, Art & his wonderful wife of Don the Beachcomber for that great Pineapple Birthday Cake! (& our great Bartender Mike!)

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes from all the people who could not make it,
and of course my wonderful wife Nancy (Jungle Ginger) - you can’t have her, so stop asking!

I hope I did not forget anyone? What a great group of friends who embody the true Tiki Lifestyle.
I challenge anyone to find a better, more fun & magnanimous group of people anywhere!
The OC/LB/LA -TC crew are the BEST! So suck it rest of world!

John-O, that El Dorado 21 year makes a great “Cuba Libre” …hey what’s the Baseball bat for?
Brent gave me a bottle of Old Brigand Black Label cuz of my Brigand like ways. :wink:
Jeff (BTD) gave me the last CD of “The Vanduras In the Dark” in existence!
Doug gave me a very special KonTiki Re-Dedication mug, which he of course designed!!!
I CAN DIGG IT! :)

The whole crew chipped in for that bottle of El Dorado 21 year, you all stay classy! Man.
Just an outstanding Birthday! Thank you all and I love you guys! Now get off my LAWN!"

Lance AKA Atomic Tiki Punk

Stacy!
Stop staring at Dinah's boobs.
:o

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1257 replies