Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TC night, Mondays at Don the Beachcomber in Sunset Beach Ca.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,257 replies

C

On 2010-12-27 02:30, Jungle Ginger wrote:
ATP has issued a memo to all agents of T.I.K.I. (Temporary Insanity Kitsch Incorporated)

All agents not on out-of-town assignments please report to H.Q.("Don the Beachcomber") for debriefing & cocktails, anytime after 1800 hours on Monday! It's a post Xmas,Pre-New Year's debriefing, and all night happy hour! Agent #6 (Atomic Tiki Punk), Agent #2 (Jason Wickedly), and Agent #5 (Big Tiki Dude) have confirmed attendance, all other agents confirm.

Please program the coordinates into your GPS/Decoder rings - we will see you there!

-Jungle Ginger (#9)

Sorry I could not make the meeting tonight. I am still attempting to establish my cover story as a responsible family man transporting daughters to sleep overs and caring for a sick wife. Hopefully I will receive a call soon from the home office to activate my sleeper cell and put my back into action. I hope you all had a great holiday. I hope to see you all soon.

Great debriefing agents! Much was accomplished, many cocktails swilled, and many pu-pus were ingested. Out of town agents Tiki Mantis and Sandra joined us (nice to meet you!) We also had a special appearance by Randy and Helen from the Waitiki 7. (they are at the end of the table next to Art) Nice to meet you kids! All agents will reconvene in the New Year for the next debriefing. Until then, all agents are instructed to party like it's 1969.

Code word for 2011: "Hottentot Potentate"

My wife and I don't get many opportunities to come down on Mondays, but we have always had a wonderful time when we do make it. Nice to meet all the "agents." Also nice to meet Randy and Helen. Hope to see everyone at the concerts.
Zach and Sandra

Who's up for Don's on Moday? ATP and I will be there.

well duh?
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Calling all Agents of T.I.K.I.! Report to Don's Monday night for debriefing and cocktails!

Agents #6 and #9 will be there.

I'll be there for sure!

I'll be there around 5. They should have the BCS Championship game on. Go Ducks!

yay sports,
I'll be there regardless
:roll:

Jeff(btd)

H

Flu gone, truck fixed=Mai tai, ribs

quite the turn out last night,
where the pics Roger and John O?

Jeff(btd)

Good times last night...Lot's of TC'rs out supporting a tiki temple while having a good time with friends....The bar was packed, I mean PACKED! (with non-TC'rs as well!) I think the word is getting around...We might have to have our own room for Monday nights!

Hmmmm...Own room/own entertainment???

C

Ah, I didn't get there until 8:30--I guess I missed John-O.

Yeah, that was super fun last night! I'm feeling it, for sure! We hung out there until about midnight with Art and Lance and Nancy! That place gets super creepy when all of the lights are out in the other rooms! Art told us ghost stories....

Thanks to Art for letting us hang out for so long, and regaling us with ghost stories from the era of prohibition.
It wouldn't have taken much to get us to jump out of our skins.
ATP says, "I punch ghosts for a living ya big sissies, because I'm an IT tech, and a Ghostpuncher"!

[ Edited by: Jungle Ginger 2011-01-12 03:00 ]

HT

Agent 11, posting pictures for TC night at Don the Beachcomber Jan 10. Monday night at DTB was packed, but TCer always are given priority seating. At Tc night at DTB new Tiki drinks are introduced with free tasting to get the opinions of Tiki people. News about about events and what is happening in the Tiki world.

We're here now! Who's coming?

who's in for tonight?

Think I'll be there...

I'm in if Poly Pop is in.

H

#15...in

5:30ish

HT

#11 is in, I have a bag of tiki stuff for Poly Pop. Is John- o going to make an appearance.

Agents #2 & #9 will be there with Agent #3

HT

pictures from the last couple of weeks at TC Night at DTB. Where is Agent (#?) John-O

I'll see ya next week!

J

Tonight should be a good one !!

Several Don's 1st-timers (Big Kahuna, Leleliz, Filthymidget) and hopefully the OC TC rank and file.

BigTikiDude, don't forget my Nocturnes CD please.

HT

John O, will you be in attendance tonight , by the way what is your number so that we can recognize you tonight??? See you tonight John O with your new shirt.

So good to meet the out of towners and first timers at Don's! Natalie (Filthy Midget) - you are so sweet. Lance and I hope to see you at one of the next events in LA. Lou - we look forward to seeing you at Caliente. Big Kahuna - good luck getting back home this week. We hope you can make it out here permanently. Leleliz - didn't get much of a chance to talk to you but I hope you enjoyed your visit.
All in all, it was a nice turnout for Monday night, and John-O looked fabulous in his new shirt.

L

I have to say that DTB is one beautiful tiki paradise. It was great to see those that I haven't seen since Oasis and to put faces to names that I chat with online. Sorry that Woohoo and Soccertiki were too ill to swing by- I would of loved to have seen you both. I thought it was super classy that Art came over to say hi and welcome me to Dons...really appeciated the gesture. Sabu..Congawa...Aframe it was great to talk collecting with you and anytime you come to NorCal I will take you to all my best hunting spots. Xoxox

I think I'm coming out for next Monday nite (2/7) for a little b-day celebratin! Hope to see some of my tiki peeps there!

C

It was great to meet you all, Leleliz, Big Kahuna and Filthymidget, along with seeing all the other regulars, and to have a nice big turnout on Monday! I'll be back at Don's Saturday for the Eddie Bertrand benefit.

Caltiki Brent

J
JOHN-O posted on Wed, Feb 2, 2011 7:43 PM

Here's some pictures from this last Monday.

Most of the regulars…

This was FilthyMidget's first time to Don's but she's only in the outer left edge of the upper photo. Sorry Natalie, you need to come back for a return visit so I can get a more proper picture.

Here's Go Tiki and Danny (sp?). I was so drunk from Tiki-Ti the last time I saw them at El Chavo, I couldn't remember them…

Here's some out-of-town visitors. From the left, you have Luke (who actually recently moved to So Ca). In the middle is the infamous Leleliz. She's the self-proclaimed "Meanest Woman in Tiki". :) On the right is the Big Kahuna from Massachusetts.

It was good to meet you all.

Here's local Surf Music celebrity Jim Frias (holding his CD). He was sax player for the 1960's group, The Nocturnes and actually played with several of the seminal bands of that era. Oh, the stories he can tell. He'll be performing in the All-star jam at BTD's fund raiser for Surf Music legend Eddie Bertrand.

Last but not least, here's me and HB Tiki. What's the amazing story behind this picture? Go here…

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1099&forum=5&vpost=574447

Awwwww no pics of me :(
I had a great time & it was fantastic to meet some more new TC people!
Wonderful to catch up with those I have not seen in a while too!
Hopefully I can make another excursion up!
Thank you everyone for being so wonderful!!!

it's Kiki Von Tiki's Birthday today!
So go to Don's tonight and Bring her a present!
okay????

Dinah and I will be there tonight. We're meeting up with Michael, the owner of Forbidden Island. Should be a fun one tonight!
And Happy birthday, Kiki!

you gonna show up with a Present Kenny?

Jeff(btd)

Btw, I will be selling tickets to our Galaxy show where we will be opening up for upright bassist for the Stray Cats, Lee Rocker. The show is 3/5/11. Get your tickets tonight! Only 12 bucks from us..... $18 at the day of the show. Also on the bill are our buddies, Big Sandy and his Fly Rite Boys.

Lance and I will drag ourselves out for the Monday night festivities. Happy Birthday Ms. Von Tiki!

Hey, that was fun! Nice to see everyone and thanks, Roger for the drink! Yes, I did get some nice presents from Kinny, Big Toe and Lance and Nancy! But best of all was sharing a little Ohana spirit with Lil' Blue (my daughter Chloe!) and friends Rachel and Dennis on my b-day! You guys are the bestest!

Awesome time last night! So nice hanging with the Socal Ohana and catching up. Thanks to all who headed over welcome us!
Looking forward to seeing some of you at the Hula Girls show at FI in just over a week!

HT

Pictures for the last 2 weeks at TC night Mondays at Don The beachcomber. The last couple of weeks there have been visitors from Boston, Northern California that were greeted by ART "the Beachcomber". Don's was visited by many of the local members of TIKI Hawaiian bands. Monday night the owner of Forbidden Island Tiki Bar with his beautiful wife were there. Last night a few tiki people celebrated there 39th birthday at DTB, Delia sent out a birthday surprise from Don's to say Happy Birthday. Come down and join us at TC Mondays at DTB. Has anyone seen JOHN-O, is he ok, he was not in attendance last night. Also on TC night ,Art has been presented 2 DTB placques from Oceanic Arts by Bob and Leroy, and a custom made Tiki mug by Danny and Go Go

o with a DTB logo on it. A lot of Ohana flows at Don's.

Roger,
John O was at Don's this past Sat.
from 10 am to 10 pm,
for the Big benefit show.
where were you?
:wink: :roll: :o

Jeff(btd)

Yay Kiki Von Tiki! Glad you had a nice Birthday. It was nice to see our sweet faced Kinny (but my dreams are haunted by your description of the painting your were going to work on last night). Good to see Big Toe out on a Monday, as well as my old work buddy and author of "Weird Hollywood" Joe Osterle.
Mike and Denise - you are such a lovely couple. We really enjoyed chatting with you. Lance and I look forward to visiting you at Forbidden Island when we are able to get up there. Thanks for the Norcal Ohana. :)

Sounds like fun! I'm an out of towner who may be in town on Monday, Feb. 21. From when to when are the festivities? Mahalo

some of us show up at 5 ish, some show up around 7 or 8.
they usually close around 10 or 11 pm.

Most of the tiki crowd sits at the table at the front of the room,
by the big screen TV.

Jeff(btd)

so is anyone going tonight?

or is everyone going to be making smoochie face with your
significant others, or someone you just hooked up with?

Jeff(btd)

On 2011-02-14 11:05, bigtikidude wrote:
so is anyone going tonight?

or is everyone going to be making smoochie face with your
significant others, or someone you just hooked up with?

Jeff(btd)

SoccerTiki and I will be there to Celebrate Valentine's Day & Delia's Birthday :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1257 replies