Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TC night, Mondays at Don the Beachcomber in Sunset Beach Ca.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,257 replies

good

now THAT,dear TC
is the definition of OHANA!
:)

CA

-Lets have a Monday TC night at Don the Beachcomber.
Happy Hour is all night on mondays.
1/2 price on all drinks and appetizers. -

all night right??? I be in very 'late' if i make it...

Could be a Hukilau Night!!!!!!!!!!!
Hurricanes all night long???

[ Edited by: crazy al 2010-01-18 13:22 ]

ok, well they usually close around 10 on mondays.
so don't dilly dally
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Wash your clothes Kinny cause you stink!! hehe

On 2010-01-18 12:26, little lost tiki wrote:
now THAT,dear TC
is the definition of OHANA!
:)

Ohana my ass

I'll be dropping by for a Grog or two tonight. Hope to see some of you.

TG,
sorry I didn't make it by tonight.
had to work a bit today, and my ankle was hurting me.
and also trying to save up some money for Tikiyaki in Nor. Cal.

maybe see ya at Don's next mon.

Jeff(btd)

ok where is everybody....the Mrs. and I are enjoying some cocktails.

Thought about going tonite,
but after visiting the Tax man today.
I need to tighten the belt for awhile.
:(

Jeff(btd)

One day, my schedule will allow to make it up on a Monday, but until then, Thursday nights have to do. :wink:

On 2010-02-08 21:10, kahalakruzer wrote:
One day, my schedule will allow to make it up on a Monday, but until then, Thursday nights have to do. :wink:

what about Saturday nites.
there was about 20 TC people there this past sat.

Jeff(btd)

Where were you, Jeff?? I was there with the Dynotones guys and Kevin Stewart. Sabu and Johnny Velour and bunch of others were too. Guess you just don't like the place that much after all....

Spike see my post above, 4 up.
I wanted to go.
:(

Jeff(btd)

Jeff, I was just hassling you. You're usually there every week, so i thought I'd screw with you a little.
I'll see you next time, I'm sure.

On 2010-02-08 21:45, bigtikidude wrote:

On 2010-02-08 21:10, kahalakruzer wrote:

what about Saturday nites.
there was about 20 TC people there this past sat.

Jeff(btd)

Believe it or not, Saturday nights just aren't easy for me to make(lame as it may be.) The only day that my girlfriend's schedule matches up with mine, at an early enough time to make the hour drive, is on Thursday. I'm just making sure that Don's has at least one of us in their bar at all open hours,keeping the tiki flame burning, and the only Thursday I've missed in the past 5 months was on New Year's Eve... only because I was out of state. I even had one too many on Christmas eve. Worst midnight mass ever.

But with that being said, there's a 50/50 chance I'll make it up on Monday with some friends!

I'll try to roll a drug dealer or a pimp and swing by this coming monday,
also being that there is no show this weekend helps.

there are a bunch of Valentines day and Chinese New Year events there this weekend.

Jeff(btd)

I used to work at Sam's in the mid-1980's. For reasons unknown, I haven't been back. However, I think Mrs. Kahala and I need to try at Don's.

Deke,
I think you are in for a big surprise.
I liked Sams, but I love Dons.

the Food, and Drink, and Decore are all way better.

bump

All right, I'm in for tonight...maybe not till 7 or so though. See y'all there.

See ya then Jason.

I'm heading up in the next hour or so. Hopefully traffic isn't as bad as yesterday. Almost 3 hours from Long Beach to Dana Point!

you mean on PCH or on the 405?

PCH...3 hours on the 405 and I would've ended my life. We took the scenic route and realized we made a biggg mistake.

wow must have been construction on PCH, shouldn't normally take that long.

good to see ya tonight,
sorry there wasnt room at the table so you could join us.
we had to add 2 tables to it, as it was.

Jeff(btd)

Went up to Don's last night to get my kicks before Lent. It seemed unusually crowded for a Tuesday, but the more the merrier, I suppose. Took PCH and got there in regular time. Sunday/Monday must've just had a combo of President's day traffic and feelslikesummer traffic.

Seems like Don's is getting a lot busier these days...we went Saturday night and the place was packed, and it was also packed on Monday night. Maybe something to do with all the ink they've been getting in the local newspapers (OC Register/OC Weekly/District Weekly)? Whatever it is, I'll wait an extra 5 minutes here and there for a drink if it means not having to go to another "Closing Party for Sam's/Kona/etc."

Agreed. Every single week there seems to be a larger, more diverse group than the last. I haven't had anything but great service in 30+ visits, whether it is Marie, Kelly or Mike behind the bar. Major props goes out to the crew at Don's. I hope things only get better from here.

CJ

wow!

It's Don the Beachcomber's Birthday and you're invited! If Donn Beach, founder of Don the Beachcomber, were alive today, he'd be turning 103 on Monday, February 22! Well, we're gonna be throwing him a birthday party in The Dagger Bar because he still lives in the hearts of all who knew him or still enjoy all things Tiki! In his honor, Monday, from 4 p.m. - close, we'll be previewing our soon-to-be added cocktail, the Donga Punch, for 60 cents and Don's Original Mai Tai for $1 - those are 1941 prices (off the oldest menu in existence). Of course, normal Happy Hour prices all night and yes, Delia will have a birthday cake for the occasion!

OH - MY - GOD....

Taxi!

sweet Jebus,
screw a taxi call an ambulance.
:o

Jeff(btd)

Another reminder.... Tomorrow night at Don's, $1 maitais from DTB's birthday. AND I'll have $10 tickets for the Los Starightjackets show that The Hula Girls are playing at the Galaxy April 9th! See you tomorrow night!

I think this (Don's B-day) needs a thread of its own.
I'll be there tonight.

Jeff(btd)

Damn it! I totally forgot about this! I can just imagine the tips tonight..."Here's a shiny quarter, sonny. Don't spend it all in one place!" Have fun.

Bump for Tomorrow,
Spike will be there for awhile and have tix for the Hula Girls show,
with Los Straitjackets, and Big Sandy at the Galaxy on Fri April 9th.

Jeff(btd)

What time will he be there to sell tickets for the show?

Hi, I should be there from around 6:30 to 7:30...Ticktes are only ten bucks each. Can't wait for those delicious mai tais....So good!! See you guys tomorrow.

Flooding on PCH in Sunset Beach, CA. Turcs (across from DTB) is flooded.

Fox Channel 11 News: High Tide Floods Malibu, Seal Beach

Anybody knows if anything happened to DTB?

[->>King Bushwich 33rd

That News article is from Dec 15th 2008.

I was at Dons Sat. night
and it was fine.

Jeff(btd)

Sorry Jeff, wrong link. I stink at links

corrected.
News reported tonight on fox 11 local news

FOX 11 news

[->>King Bushwich 33rd

I'll e-mail Marie tomorrow,
and post the info here sometime after Noon.

thanks for the Heads up Bill.

Jeff(btd)

PCH should be fine today. The waves have dropped a lot and yesterday was kinda weird because of the 'Tsunami' warning on Sat. There actually were some tidal surges yesterday that washed up to PCH through that area with the swell and high tides we had.

If you're still concerned.. come in to DTB through the Seal Beach side.

Just saw the news about sunset, and Bolsa Chica,
they said that sun. was the worst,
still a High Surf warning till 2pm.
but I don't think there is a threat of it coming up on PCH again.

Jeff(btd)

We are thinking about breaking out the dingy's and stoppin in a little bit?
Thanks for the info Jeff!

may POSSIBLY be heading over there tonight
with a special artistic out-of-town guest!
But only if someone volunteers to buy us each a drink!

This is what PCH looked like on Sunday (photo from O.C. Register). You can see DTB in background. Looks like it did not get any water

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1257 replies