Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 608 replies

W

You can use my real name of Laura Riley. I no longer live in West Sacramento. Not sure what I'm going to change it to. Thank you!

In the trash last week.

In the trash this week.

Breaking molds that were a horror to make hurts! I have #1 left just in case. The crawl is almost here. Fun fun fun. Wendy

C

They lived a short but fruitful life!

WooHoo! Let the Countdown Begin...Only 23 More Days :)

Here is the proof for the official glassware:

This will be on a 14 ounce double old fashioned glass.

(Mahalo to ChopTop for cleaning up the artwork!)

[ Edited by: rugbymatt 2011-09-15 12:10 ]

Will be at the crawl sans cast...may not make it to all sites...depends on my energy/pain level. No surgery planned at this time...YEAH!!! I am looking forward to seeing homes I missed before.

name = Marlene/VampiressRN

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2011-09-15 20:31 ]

MN

Here are the names for the VIP badges for David Zook.There are only 4 of us, the list has me down for 5 I only paid for 4.

David Zook-Moai Nui
Lisa Zook
Isha Carrie
Steve Carrie

Marlene and David (plus 3) good to know you will be there.

I'm boxing up the decanters. The couches are covered to protect them from our cat who is recently into tearing up our furniture.

See you all soon. Cheers, Wendy

Wendy & Dan...no amount of money can ever touch the energy, talent and love you both have dedicated to these decanters. We are so lucky to have such great Ohana, as you, here in Sacramento.

Bad kitty...LOL

Vamp (Marlene) you are such a dear heart. Please be well for the crawl and mom too. Many hugs, done gently, await you. Thank you very much, Wendy

Step by step we keep getting closer to the crawl. Today I signed 50 cards and put them in the boxes and taped them closed.

In addition to the run of 50 at $80 each I have for sale;

5 seconds at $25 each
2 seconds at $40 each
2 seconds at $50 each

4 special 1/1's at $100 each

The seconds have been repaired to look as good as possible. They are dented or caved in or glaze skipped. Doesn't that just make them more interesting? They took more work than the regular run of 50!

I'll have them for sale at the same time as I sell the run of 50 and at Matt's garage sale.

See you soon, Wendy

TIKI MOOKIE (1 DECANTER)
BRENDA'S TIKI HUT (2 DECANTER'S)
LELELIZ (1 DECANTER)
VampiressRN (1 DECANTER NUMBER 11)
Phycho Tiki D and Kevin (2 Decanter's)
RugbyMatt (1 Decanter #2, #5 or #25, the first numbers are spoken for if they show up)
wendylovestikis (1 Decanter reject for helping to make them)
danlovestikis (1 Decanter because I need one for my shed any left over number)
WSWahini (1 Decanter #13)
stevesoto (1 Decanter #5 or #12 RugbyMatt wants #5 also)
Aquatic Safarinaut (1 Decanter #21)
Ka'lenatiki (1 Decanter)
Corona Contessa (1 Decanter)
MaroneTiki (1 Decanter)
Choptop (1 Decanter)
Cathie W. (1 Decanter)
Levi Strange (1 Decanter)
Moai Nui (1 Decanter)
ebTiki (1 Decanter)
Tobor64 (1 Decanter)
Loki-Tiki (1 Decanter)
The Quinn-Tonja and Bill (1 Decanter)
The Blue Kahuna-Gregory (1 Decanter)
Joanne (1 Decanter)
Scott (1 Decanter)
cdtiki (1 Decanter)
Debra M. (1 Decanter) friend of cdtiki
Miss Monk-ii (1 Decanter)
Laura Riley (1 Decanter)
1961Surf (1 Decanter)

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2011-09-20 14:43 ]

C

thanks for all the hard work Wendy. I cant wait to unbox #47 and display it proudly.

Only two weeks from today and we begin our annual event!

We had a double-up on a registration from Chris and Karen, so I am opening the waiting list and adding thequin (Bill & Tonja "Tiki Fig & Tiki Tonja")

In the event they need a VIP, they should let us know in the next day or two.

See you soon!

Also, for Chris and Karen, plese use WooHooWahine and SoccerTiki for their badges!

D

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2011-09-23 05:23 ]

I bought 3 VIP badges - hopefully to read

Tiki TnT - Tom
Tiki TnT - Terri
Tiki Tigger

Thanks, Cathie Wartelle

T

Aloha Sacto Ohana ~

Tonja and I are excited that we're able to attend at this late juncture ~

We'd like to purchase two VIP's to read:

Tiki Tonja

Tiki Fig

Dan and Wendy~ We're looking forward to picking up our decanter as well. Fabulous work !

Thank you

Bill and Tonja

Thanks Bill.

We can't make it to the pre-crawl Friday night dinner at the Mandarin. Our guests are flying in at the same time.

I'm getting my white elephant put together for the exchange at Matt and Melody's. I actually found something made with elephant dung! I love this part of the crawl.
See you soon, Wendy

Message to all crawlers:

I will be off the grid starting next Friday, September 30th and will not be back on TC until Friday October 7th. If you need crawl information, please email or PM me and I will send the schedule out to you.

The entire schedule will be available at each stop. For privacy purposes, I cannot post the hosts addresses here, but the first stop on Friday October 7th is:

Friday October 7, 2011
Kick-off Dinner at The Mandarin Restaurant
(No Host Dinner)
6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
(916) 488-4794
4321 Arden Way (Corner of Arden Way and Eastern Ave)
Sacramento CA 95864

And Saturday's first stop is here:

Saturday October 8, 2011
Swanbergs on J Street
Lauren Lundsten-Host
10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
(916) 447-6274
2316 J Street (between 23rd and 24th Street on the south side)
Sacramento, CA 95816

So be sure to let me know! Also, all of the hosts have a copy of the schedule, you can contact them here as well or PM them!

Mahalo,

PTD

I am still challenged with this broken wrist (I know...wuss), so won't make it to all locations. I missed Barb's place last year, so that is the location I will visit this year...with Sandy driving. If we could get our swag and decanters at Barb's that would be great.

Loadin' up the car....no...wait!!! We're a week early!!! Looking forward to headin' up north to meet up with the Sac Ohana NEXT weekend!!! :P

6 More Days......WooooHoooo! :)

It's going to be a blast. We are all set for our time Sunday morning. See you soon WooHoo and Soccer, hugs, Wendy

Today we started off by loading the mugs into the Cruiser. We got every one loaded.

We went to several places until we found 5 limes for a dollar since we needed 50 of them. I think we need to plant a lime tree. Yes friends this year we will be serving Huli Huli punch without or with rum (you get to add it yourself).

See you soon, Wendy

Is it Friday yet???

I hope to get my cast off on Thursday and if I am not a Wuss, Sandy & I will make it to The Mandarin on Friday...looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing about all your Tiki adventures!!! SAC OHANA RULES :lol:

Hi Vamp, I wish we could be there Friday but we have our company coming in. I love your little cat in the hammock. See you at Barbara's. Hugs, Wendy

Rain in Sac today and tomorrow but should be clear, sunny and in the 70's for the weekend.

C
cdtiki posted on Wed, Oct 5, 2011 6:52 PM

Deb, Diana and I are looking forward to meeting some of you for the first time Friday night. Gonna be a great weekend. Can't wait.

Duane

C

gathering supplies, printing name tags... getting ready. Cant wait.

One More Day....WooHoo!!!

Let's see... Rum-Check! Tiki Mugs-Check! Camera-Check! Ready to head up North for a weekend of fun!!!

WooHoo! SoccerTiki and WooHooWahini are coming to town! Looking forward to visiting with some special ohana, imbibing yummy cocktails, and taking in all that Tiki wonder.

Captain Tiki and I have concocted a special treat and will be dressed to fit the occasion. See you all on Saturday.

C

RugbyMatt and I are working up some super secret brew tonight and are going to let it simmer for a couple of days until its reached its maximum strength, just in time for the crawl.

I'm working on some artwork for the garage sale... custom pieces avail.

S

Picking out my eight aloha shirts for the crawl! Can't wait to see everyone again...

Duane...my Mom had a non-VIP slot, but as you know...will not be attending. FYI...might open up space for someone.

On 2011-10-06 16:39, stevesoto wrote:
Picking out my eight aloha shirts for the crawl! Can't wait to see everyone again...

I always look forward to Steve's parade of shirts!

Just finished having 40 copies of the schedule printed for crawlers. I also checked in with Lauren (visited him this morning) and he is ready to go tomorrow with drinks and some food.

5 1/2 hours or so to go...see you soon.

PTD

Countdown to The Crawl.....Woohoo!

Great Singapore Slings, Eggplant Stuffed with Shrimp and Garlic Scallops last night. Today...good Painkillers then out to lunch for Shrimp Pasta...yummers!!!

Special thanks to Duane for organizing this year, Matt for our great Crawl glasses, Allen for our nametags, and Wendy & Dan for the awesome Decanter.

S

ALL the Bobs agree, the new decanter is WONDERFUL!!! Thanks, Wendy and Dan...

Wow Steve, that was fast. Thank you for posting these photos. I'm so happy that everyone liked the decanter. You too Vamp, it was so good to see you out and about. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you Barbara and Audrey your home is so special, thank you for hosting.

Matt (Rugbymatt) you've done such a super job in decorating your new home. Beautiful.

Matt and Melody thank you for another great party. Somehow I missed a photo of Matt so I'm posting where he placed the decanter instead!

I'll be sharing more photos when the crawl is over. One more terrific day to go. I better get some sleep we are up next! Wendy

Another great year for the Sacramento Crawl. My thanks to all the organizers and hosts. Awesome time at Brad & Melanie's today with the hula dancers!!! A big kudos to my friend Sandy/Corona Contessa for helping me around to a couple of homes with my wounded paw. :)

Shout out to all the folks that came from afar to join our event...it was also an honor to have WooHoo & Soccertiki representing for So-Cal.

Looking forward to more pictures!!! :tiki:

After 2 terrific days of parties I just have to go to sleep right now! Tomorrow I'll begin posting more photos and I hope that everyone else will do the same. Thank you hosts for the food and entertainment. You are all dear friends new and previous. I appreciate your art purchases too, thank you. Sleep well, Wendy and Dan

C

Sorry I coulndt make the last 2 stops on the tour. Had to attend to some family matters, but we all had a ball, bought some good stuff at the Tiki Garage Sale and had our fill of tropical drinks and food. Will post up some pics later today.

Post crawl Mahalos to all of our hosts for 2011!

This event couldn't never happen without all of you and for that I have been extremely grateful for the past six years.

Each of you as hosts opened up your homes, lives and collections to share with our tiki community and went well above and beyond with preparation of food, drinks and entertainment. You made your guests feel comfortable and welcome.

Nods of appreciation to all who co-hosted, to Lauren and his wife for their hospitality at Swanbergs and to the dancers who performed at the Alohacurrents home. For those who participated in the Tiki Garage sale and the Tiki White Elephant Exchange, again, Mahalo.

Not withstanding is my appreciation to Dan and Wendy Cevola for our event decanter. What a special couple we have here in our community taking hours of their time to help us recognize our Ohana and our hometown. They did an incredible job, whether you like Tiki Bob or not!

So, you know who you are as my friends and I appreciate you, nothing less than my respect.

But...

Unfortunately, not everything went as smoothly in years past. We had an incident at one stop where an item was discovered to have taken or misplaced; the host was uncomfortable about discovering this during their time slot and asked to have an announcement made to ask for the group gathered to leave. No one other than the host made this decision and it was acted upon by one of the host's friends to make the announcement. The missing item, in speaking with the host at the last stop Sunday night, has not been found.

I myself felt somewhat uncomfortable this crawl. There was what seemed to be a division and some friction between certain people which I have not experienced in the previous five crawls. Having people tell me "they can't understand why "_______" doesn't like you" seems to totally take away from the reason why this event was started to begin with, although I appreciate at least knowing who I can trust. I apologize if I have offended anyone, but I will not abide a bully or coward under any circumstances. Work out your issues or don't attend.

That being said, although bittersweet and with some reservation, I am bowing out from planning any further crawl activities in the future. I have appreciated the support and dedication of all of those who have participated in either hosting or attending these past six years, but this has gone to a level I never expected and I am sad it did. Hopefully, this can be brought back in line by whomever takes this over.

So my friends, I will see you later!

PTD

Tiki Central background checks for all future crawls.
Sorry to hear PTD. It was a good run though.

As I did Not attend this event and I don't know anymore of the situation then what you stated,I do know this from doing my own event.

Call them out publicly,

Ban the individual from the future events,as to not punish the group

Don't let someone BULLY anyone. If you noticed a problem then I am sure others did too.......

The line needs to be drawn. As I say with Tiki Caliente,"Its not the biggest,it's the best" and to make it that way I believe you have to tell some people they are not welcome.

Sorry for the Opinion,I just dropped by to check out the photos and check out that sweet Tiki Bob decanter again

W

Well said Duane...different stories floating around, but hopefully lessons learned, moving on, celebrating good friends and our love of Tiki and sharing hospitality will continue to be our focus in the future. You have done a great job of organizing over the years, we have seen our Ohana grow and have been inspired by the generosity and talents of our group. Looking ahead to next year.

wow! I am sorry to hear this happened. As someone who knows about putting on parties at your home, it is unsettling that someone, who is considered a friend would do something like that. It ruins the hobby for the rest of thegroup. I hope the item turns up.

MY best to all involved.

Amy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 608 replies