Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Kirby's Art.. pg 74 & 77

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,172 replies

L
Loki posted on Thu, Jan 19, 2006 5:20 AM

Kirby,
Nice clean lines for all them power toolz...I see the hat. Get with it JP! :lol:

J

I went back and looked. I see the hat plain as day now. It looked like wild hair, but relooking at it I don't see how I saw hair! Sorry Kirby. It still looks great.
JP

B

Hey don't you guys know what grass looks like?? He has grass growing out of his head. IF it IS a hat it is one of those made from palm fronds but I still sat grass.HaHaHa
He is looking cool either way, no matter what you put on his head.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jan 25, 2006 4:36 PM

heres one more tiki I just carved...

Its like you pulled it off the canvas and into the real world.
very cool detail work. What tools are you using ?

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Jan 25, 2006 4:53 PM

Kirby,

That looks great! I like the details around the eyes. You're gonna blast through those palm logs working like this.......

B

Oh Yeah,Jusr "Heres One More tiki I just carved", like it was all in a days play!! Kirby, this guy is Excellent. Where did you learn how to do this? You can keep right on doing these "Just one More"'s.

hey great job Kirby...looks like a mix of styles....and the various influences work well
together...nice detail work...and I really like how you did the eyes....keep em coming...

Kirby that's "F"ing cool!!!
BTW it was fun kickin it wit you and Polly on Saturday!!!
Later,
Scott

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jan 25, 2006 5:10 PM

benz "I learn it from watching you"...was that just a referance from an 80s public service announcment... man I alway wanted to say that...

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jan 25, 2006 5:12 PM

oh yeah spermy dito to that it was a blast and thanks a mil for the crazy al mug it is accualy one of my favs....

Oh shit, chicklet teeth.
Hey that is one cool tiki brah. I dig it. It's twisted and gnarly just like a tiki should be. Keep carving more.

J

You knocked that one out in a hurry. It looks great! I like the way you added the detail!
JP

jesus, kirby! what the hell are you doing painting when you can carve like that?!?!?!? or...what the hell are you doing carving when you can paint like that?!?!?!?! Aweome tiki. I'm guessing you got some more on the way too???

I use that saying too...I think we watched too much tv growing up....

B
Bete posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 6:43 AM

Cool tiki.

Kirby- I knew about your artwork and how cool that is, but I didn't know you did this sort of carving! Very cool! I see a hint of Crazy Al there too.

Kool looking tiki ther kirby. keep up the good work.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 3:33 PM

Im glad yo said that about crazy al ,sam, I was thinking the same thing, I guess you know who my insperation is.. al the tops...

O

Nice one!! Like the detail. Time to go really big!!

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jan 29, 2006 3:43 PM

This is my 501th post I just thought I give a lil recap of some of the stuff ive posted in the past, and thank all you guys here on tc for all your support and incouragment it means alot..heres to another 501

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-01-29 15:45 ]

B
Bete posted on Sun, Jan 29, 2006 4:26 PM

Kirby, thank you for that post, that is a very, very cool post. Very cool artwork!

J
john posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 12:18 AM

you can totally see the progression from the first to the last one, awesome work dude!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 4:17 AM

Cool work Kirby! Its been fun watching you progress with each artwork. Even better, Im proud to call ya one of my mates.

Well done dude - looking forward to another 500 posts and plenty of art...

B

My how you've grown. I don't know if you should stick to carvint yikis or do some painting too. This last tiki is Excellent. just seeing the recap of your work gives me goosebumps.

J

Kirby 501 looks a lot like a college art appreciation class only a whole lot more fun. Thanks for sharing. I like the jungle shrunken heads.
JP

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 1:23 PM

ROCKIN'!!!

The evolution of Kirby. Cant wait to see what devolps over the next 499 posts.

B
Bete posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 3:17 PM

Kirby, what medium do you use for your paintings? Are they acrylics?

MD

I dont think I've ever been here....and I am Frickin' Blown Away!!!!!!!
Holy Pope on a rope! I love yer work. Those painting are beautiful and carvings and originality and love and sex and chicks in bikinis!!!!!!!
Great work Mr. Kirb.....Great work.

MD

{editorial) I have never posted or ever even thought of "Pope on a Rope" before. Just popped out.
My apologies to the Vatican. hehehehehe.

K
kirby posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 7:33 PM

her is a new piece im workin on its not quit finished but i thought id post it...on my way to 1000
I call it "virgin sacrifice"

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 9:37 PM

Cool man - thats a cool idea!

With those lips and those heels , I dont think she is no virgin. None the less she is smoking and the painting is kick ass.

Wow ! What would one get for a sacrifice like that ? The possibilities are endless! Great art with a real message!

J

Sweeeeet! You could do a whole series on that theme.
JP

T

Which theme, virgins or sacrificed things. Yeah series are always cool and easy to do

B

Kirby, you never cease to amaze me. Your art has grown so, and this one is really awesome. Thanks again for posting your 500th post in my thread, it was thoughtful. Keep up the great work.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Feb 2, 2006 5:57 PM

I made a bunch of these last week, but I sold them all before I could take any pics. but this guy servived. Its just a lil shrunken head pendent...

K
kirby posted on Thu, Feb 2, 2006 7:45 PM

heres another tiki, I still need to stain him and add sum lil details...

K
kirby posted on Thu, Feb 2, 2006 10:13 PM

and here is sumthin in workin on. guess you cant guess what it is...Ill post the rest of the project soon...

H
hewey posted on Thu, Feb 2, 2006 10:26 PM

That carving is so cool! Nice big tiki

J

Nice tiki,

As far as the project---Looks like something the Professor on Gilligan's Island would make.

Maybe a double ended lime juicer?
JP

K
kirby posted on Fri, Feb 3, 2006 8:30 AM

good guess, johnny, but not even close...stay tuned to find out...

nice tiki - very crisp. I dig your style

skate board wheels/truck!

On 2006-02-02 22:13, kirby wrote:
and here is sumthin in workin on. guess you cant guess what it is...Ill post the rest of the project soon...

Start of a bamboo skateboard?

B

Nice tiki and it looks like you are making something that is gonna make you break your butt.

T

Self-Propelled art show. Kirby states: "sounds cool Id love to contribute,can I just get a blank deck and start painting on it?"

The last carving looks great. Cant wait to see the secret project done.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1172 replies