Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Kirby's Art.. pg 74 & 77

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,172 replies

K

Thanks dudes...
I am looking forward to the carving seminar. It should be an awsome learning experiance for sure ... see ya there...

G
GROG posted on Sun, Aug 27, 2006 10:26 PM

Kirbs, is this for the Tikis and Terrors show? I think would be perfect because it looks like a tiki in terror.

K

Grog, I think he might have seen you gettin out of the shower..thats why he looks like that...

Get in my Belly!!!
That is really cool Kirby. Your carvin's are lookin' better than ever.

Chongolio

G
GROG posted on Mon, Aug 28, 2006 1:24 PM

On 2006-08-28 11:47, kirby wrote:
Grog, I think he might have seen you gettin out of the shower..thats why he looks like that...

So, that's an expression of surprise, admiration, and a tinge of jealousy.

K

No grog , I think mosly discuss...just kidding dumb ass...just kindding about the dumn ass thing toooo....

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-08-28 23:53 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 29, 2006 9:36 AM

Dumbass? You have a teacher for a girlfriend, you'd think she'd teach you how to spell. There's also this magic button that checks your spelling, you should try clicking it sometimes. it's for people like you who are speling impaird.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-08-29 09:37 ]

M

I like this one for sure.

P.S. Buwahahahahaaaaaaa.........(Grog's last post)

K
kirby posted on Sun, Nov 12, 2006 3:54 PM

Here are some new pendent I carved...
Coconut monkey for suzy

a parrot for polly

tiki magazine tiki for Nick

a lil skull for my new painting {skullyvalcano)

big mahalos

kirby - those pendants are awesome. Please, PLEASE tell me you made a mold of the coconut monkey?!?!?!!? I think you're on to something there. (read: I want one)

K
kirby posted on Sun, Nov 12, 2006 6:18 PM

bad news jimbo,i didnt make a mold of it, but I am planning on carving sum more,so i might have a limited run in the future...mahalos...kirby

B

Kirby, Awesome stuff and I Love the colors. do I see a lot of Hook knife tracks there. You make me mighty proud,, Well done.

K
kirby posted on Sun, Nov 12, 2006 9:30 PM

hook knife all the way benz...thanks so much for all the tips...

K
kirby posted on Mon, Nov 13, 2006 5:00 PM

Did i tell you i love my hookknife ...well i do...

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 13, 2006 7:18 PM

Maybe that's what Kirby was referring to the other day when he told GROG he loved his "hooker".

T

Kirby! I got my pendant! Thanks! It's awesome!

K

here is my newest pendent i did for the tonga hut.... it is inspired by the giant moai inside the bar... The story behind the original is that, well for one it has been in the bar for some 30 years i believe, im not sure who carved it but its pretty big,carved from palm,and has developed some pretty distinktive cracks in it,which gives it great caricter...another thing is that beyond its hay-day as one of the O.G. tiki bars in the valley it ended up as a dive/sports bar so the giant moai is riddled with millions of dart holes,which seems like sacralige to me but we cant change its history... so i desided to add the crack and dart holes to the lil pendent too...

heres the original

Awesome pendant, kirby!!! great looking moai!! hand painted, i assume? how many are you making for the show? how much they going to go for?

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 1:07 AM

thanks jimbo...yes hand painted and i hope to have at least 20 at the show but i will be doing a total of 100 if possible...the price will be in the range of $13 to $16. Im using a 3D mold this time which was a lil more work...

:tiki: I can dig it my braddah...Moai Christmas!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

B

Looks Great Kirb

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 8:51 AM

Beautious.

That's very cool. I dig the history attached. Might have to have one of those.

T

Kirbs, I like your pendent better than the actually tiki. More defined.

I LIKE THAT PENDANT BETTER THAN YOU KIRBS! GREAT JOB! YOU CARVE PRETTY GOOD FOR A GUY WHO CAN'T SPELL! (GROG PUT ME UP TO THAT....)

Kirby,

Sweet pendant, It looks like this guy has been in quite a few bar room brawls.

Will

B

Darn Kirby, Looks Just like the original, Cracks and all. Nice job.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 2:04 PM

On 2006-12-13 11:58, little lost tiki wrote:
I LIKE THAT PENDANT BETTER THAN YOU KIRBS! GREAT JOB! YOU CARVE PRETTY GOOD FOR A GUY WHO CAN'T SPELL! (GROG PUT ME UP TO THAT....)

GROG did knot putt Ruznik up two that!! Doant lissen too him Kerby!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 2:10 PM

I think he was talking about me not bein able to spell..and i know that was all you grag....

IT WAS! IT WAS! Who are you gonna believe?
HIM?

OR ME?

It was also GROG who put me up to the Senor Amarillo idea!
Who ya gonna believe? A Caveman with the body of a bat or a regular Human type?

J

On 2006-12-13 14:26, little lost tiki wrote:

or a regular Human type?

Regular?!

T

On 2006-12-13 13:41, Benzart wrote:
Darn Kirby, Looks Just like the original, Cracks and all. Nice job.

What he said. Very nice indeed.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 5:30 PM

On 2006-12-13 11:44, teaKEY wrote:
Kirbs, I like your pendent better than the actually tiki. More defined.

Same. Great looking pendant

C

Great pendants! Congrats!

KK

Kirby!
Love da kine pendant brah...Good to see everyone here still kickin some okole!
keep up the good work bruddah!

Malama Pono!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Feb 12, 2007 6:39 PM

here we go again... after a couple lazy months Ive finaly got back to work... here is a tiki im workin on, still needs som detail work, but you get the idea..mr bambooteef...

I still need to take sum pics of the other stuff ive been working on including three bar stools for the tonga hut.. so stay tuned...

that looks awsome! the bamboo teeth are perfect. i like how hes got such a scrunched up face. looks really cool.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Feb 12, 2007 9:09 PM

Cool man :)

K
kirby posted on Tue, Feb 13, 2007 9:00 AM

duddy, hewey...thanks, chaps...

B

Really cool kirby. I Really love your Bamboo stuff and how you made it part of the whole piece. Excellent stuff.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Feb 15, 2007 2:55 PM

a couple updated pics of mr bambooteef,

the taller one is a tiki i started at the oki oki , just gettin around to finishing it up. the lil guy, I had hangin around for a while and desided to fix him up too...

mahalos...kirby

It's about freakin time man!! They look great.

M

Meee Likes!

Mahalo

McTiki

SLACKER!!!!! great use of the 'boo kirbs!

C

Bambooteef is very cool! I like the tall one a lot too!! Congrats

J

Sweet. :)
JP

Really nice job Kirby, really like the top pic.

T-Bird

K
kirby posted on Sun, Feb 18, 2007 3:10 PM

thanks guys ...heres another one...curlydude

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1172 replies