Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Johnnyp Tut 2/19

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,193 replies

S

Both of those are incredible! WAY NICE!
I love your stuff!

Johnny P...King of the Jungle.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Mar 17, 2008 5:11 PM

JP,

Mrs. MaiKai is looking beautiful. Nice and saggy! Gotta love those boobies. She looks better than I thought she could. She'll make Mr. MaiKai a happy man.

Great drum too. Is that a commission or is it a piece for your pad?

Thanks for humoring me and posting some pics. I miss seeing all the great big stuff you are working on.

Now how about some pics of the Tekoteko?

-G

B

WOW Johnny, Mrs MaiKai is Awesome, You can bring her to dinner Anytime, and I won't even ask her to wash the dishes! Her level of detail is really Spectacular, it looks like you had Lots of Hands -on experience, Is your wife a bit Jealous?? :lol: :lol:
Oh Yeah the drum is Excellent too but then Everything you do is Excellent!

J

On 2008-03-17 17:11, GMAN wrote:
JP,

Now how about some pics of the Tekoteko?

-G

here you go

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Mar 17, 2008 5:22 PM

You "crack" me up!

C'mon, show us the goods. I know it is all fixed back up.....

Johnny,

Sure you didn't steal that Vanuatu slit gong from the Field Museum in Chicago?

Top notch work as usual... good job on the Mrs. also.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Mar 24, 2008 5:11 PM

You dead?

Beautiful New Guinea stuff, JP.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Apr 14, 2008 4:39 PM

Yo, Johnny. What gives. I know you are carving. I know you have stuff to show us. Your fans wanna see it. NOW. please....... :(

B
Bete posted on Mon, Apr 14, 2008 5:38 PM

Nice work on your newest pieces JohnnyP!

[ Edited by: Bete 2008-04-14 17:40 ]

J

Thanks guys,

It's been a while since I've posted. The weather is finally breaking and we have all sorts of work to do to catch up on the yard, and I'm working (hopefully finishing soon) a couple of pieces I've promised people (almost done, I promise)

There is a lot of fantastic work going on here. I check every day (even if I don't post) and it is still hard to keep up with.

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Apr 19, 2008 5:55 PM

Johnny,

She looks great! Thanks for posting her. You have been busy, haven't you? Those two look great together. Hopefully you will hang on to both of them.

-G$

Aloha JohnnyP!!! Your carvings are looking excellent my friend. I'm glad you finally started getting some much desirved warmer weather! I moved away from lansing, mich about 22yrs ago because of the lingering cold. Keep up the great work,Aloha your friend Mooney

B

Awww, what a Great, Happy looking couple, they have such character and personality and Definitely belong together "till death do us part"! Typical JP Excellence awards won. Way nice stuff.

S

Kewl. That gives me an idea for my bar to be. I need to make something like you Mr. Mai Kai to set outside the main window... Great work!

Wow! They look fantastic! I love the way you adapted the style for a female figure. I'm going to the Mai Kai this week and look forward to comparing these to the "original". Keep choppin.

Sweet Johnny.
What a lovely couple.

Really nice.......really nice!!!

Classic! Authentic, with a touch of originality. They look BIG too!

Johnny,

Nice work!

Looks like a happier tiki now that he has a friend. :wink:

Hope you're enjoying a well deserved Spring over there... its good to see green again on the ground.

B

Hat off !

Excellent.

Benjamin.

S

Ow, so nice I love your work. Those 2 are so cool.
That is no easy carve outstanding work.

H
harro posted on Thu, Apr 24, 2008 7:54 PM

man, that couple have charisma!

they complement each other perfectly - I hope theyre not being broken apart?

look forward to seeing more from you JP.

T

Very cool. The guy has a tapa cloth. I think the girl need a little grass skirt and a lei.

R
Robin posted on Mon, Apr 28, 2008 8:25 AM

I gasped when I saw these finished....really really nice work JP.

J

Thanks guys.

Yes they are big, both are just over 7 ft tall. They will be together till death do they part, and I will keep them standing side by side. He has been a lot happier since she came along, but the loin cloth keeps falling off.

TeaKey- She will get a pair of coconuts and a skirt as soon as she gets some tan in a can on (light colored stain)

Aloha- I hope you had a Jet Pilot for me when you visited the Mai Kai.

Here are a couple of the latest.

S

Nice Johnny that is some cool clubs.
They look dangerous.

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Apr 30, 2008 9:26 AM

Dang! JP, those are beautiful. Are they yours or commissions? That open work looks like it took a while? Love it!

B

NICE Stuff Johnny, as Usual but it seems these are a bit better? Your Magical powers are Growing, I can Feel; it from Here!

J

[ Edited by: JohnnyP 2008-04-30 17:25 ]

Very nice club, Johnny.. Your quality is way up there!

H
harro posted on Wed, Apr 30, 2008 6:44 PM

more dangerously detailed beauties!

your the master of these guys JP!

Sweet clubs Mr. P!!!

J

Thanks

Here is a skull rack pendent carved out of bloodwood and real bone skulls.

This one is for sale $60

C

Nice stuff Johnny. Very cool.

Great idea for a pendant, and great execution at a very small scale!

I wish you the best of luck on the sale of it Johnny.

B

NIce one Johnny, careful bringing up all this Witchdoctor stuff, you don't want to be accidentally putting spells on peeps do 'ya

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, May 8, 2008 5:48 AM

Cool. Skulls around your skull rack and the whoile skull rack goes around your own skull. I wonder what the PNG people would say?

S

Nice! Love the red and the little skull fellows.

R
Robin posted on Fri, May 9, 2008 5:34 AM

Mr.P. Very nice...you've really got that Maripi down. The teeny skull rack pendant is a great idea...really nice. Did you carve those skulls too?

J

Hi,

Yes I did carve the little skulls out of bone. I'm designing a whole series using them, this was just the test piece. The red wood is it's natural color and it is a little holographic also, the wood is somewhat transparent in places and reflects light like a tiger's eye stone. The shop called it bloodwood. The pendent is still available and I am going to post it in Marketplace soon.

I had a productive weekend and retrieved some new logs. This should keep me busy for a while.

The big one is about 8 feet long and is destined to become a garamut, or large slit gong.

Something new, bone and woodcarvings, I saw some South Seas weapons that were stone heads on wooden shafts, so I tried a prototype, but I think I am going to carve in some details and finish it off.

Jeeeeez, those are some big logs Johnny!!! I can't wait to see what you do with them. Your new pendant is really cool too!

B
Bete posted on Mon, May 12, 2008 4:35 PM

Nice new pieces JohnnyP!

B

Yes, Super Logs, what is it, Oak? Looks like a few weeks work there, got any pic's yet?
No? What are you waiting for? :lol:

Nice haul Johnny!

I went this past weekend to check on a log that I hope to start on in a few weeks. I think it is like 12 or so feet long and almost 3 feet thick.
Its going to be 2 or 3 quarter scale canoes. One will go to my inlaws for their luau. It will hold drinks and ice.

On 2008-05-12 15:47, JohnnyP wrote:

Something new, bone and woodcarvings, I saw some South Seas weapons that were stone heads on wooden shafts, so I tried a prototype, but I think I am going to carve in some details and finish it off.

Cool idea JP! :D Be sure to post finished pics in the 'stone (q&a) + Gallery' when its done! Gman would probably find a good use for one of those.. :wink:

Tama :)

G
GMAN posted on Mon, May 12, 2008 4:54 PM

Dems some phat logs JP. Man, its gonna take some grinding to get them in shape. Crappers. I would hate to debark that bastard! Yous the man for the job though....

Is that a teddy bear?

Yeah, I could use that stone club. G8tr season is coming up....

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: GMAN 2008-05-12 16:57 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1193 replies