Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tama - NZ Pounamu/greenstone - Last post for '08! - pg99

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,505 replies

J

By the way, I think he meant 1000 posts on this thread (from you and other members).

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2008-04-22 15:13 ]

Hi guys-

BenZ: Speaking of posting hats: My hat is off to you Sir, my swap-package arrived this mornings post! You reckon you're getting the better end of the bargain?? There must be something wrong with the water down your way.. Ben, this package is KILLER - your generosity is unbelieveable. Thank you so much - Tama got himself a signed set of BenZ-Mugs, which we are going to drink from next time Paipo..! (as long as you dont touch the signatures on the back; Id hate for them to wipe off. Second thoughts, you'd better bring your own mug mate - and a spare one for me) as well as that Escrito-Moai pendant/sculpt! :D

Paipo: I knew you'd come through mate.. :lol: Hows that Penelope?? Im amazed she made it out of Royston Vasey.. Might have been a better mate for David than Barabara?

Timid: That is funnier than could know..! She's beautiful! :lol:

Jen: smooth - and hard! :wink:
1000 posts/replys.. of course. Sorry JP; you're onto it!

--

Cheers everyone!

T :)

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2008-04-22 16:30 ]

you guys are cracking me up. Tama, those last few are all beautiful- i can't pick one over the others, though i've tried.

The NOSE???? Of course many prefer the original sculpt, which can be seen at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkDOSM8bDN4&feature=related

B

Yes, the water "Down here" is funny, no, You're funny! :lol: When did you get broadband, yesterday morning? You know it will change your computer life?. I don't want it interfering in your carving and Posting now!
Timid, that MJ vid is Dumbfounding.

B

Good morning, Lets SHOUT!

Kia ora All -

GTPat: I'll understand if you need to buy them all - and would offer good discount also.. :wink:

Timid: I cant even bring myself to show that clip to the kids, despite them being absolutely crazy for the Wack-meister at the moment. 3 and 6 years old & you'd think they 'discovered' him.. :lol:

BenZ: BBand IS interferring with my carving and 'real' life - what can I do??

Shout? We'll have no trouble here..

--

--

Just a quickie - new Maori Mask:

I had more of a progression up to this point photographed but have gone and lost them somewhere, so you'll have to make do with the closing stages..

B

YES, Shout we did and it was nice talking with you and Hewey yesterday morning/night!
The BBand will Seem like it is interfering with Everything, but think about it and you will Have to admit that it is Adding to your life

Tama Says:
:Just a quickie - new Maori Mask:

"

Right, Just a Quickie,, for Him maybe. This is another excellent change in the norm from you, I Love it. Sorry you 'Lost" those piccies but whatever we get is Greeat!
HappyHappyHappy

S

"Just a quickie" That guy looks like a gem to me.

R
Robin posted on Mon, Apr 28, 2008 8:19 AM

A sigh of admiration for your work as well.

T

On 2006-08-30 16:47, Tamapoutini wrote:
Kia ora! Io Orana! Aloha!
Warmest greetings from New Zealand to all of my kindred tiki-lovers... We have never met, but a couple of months of 'lurking' has found me wanting to introduce myself...

My name is Andy Ruskin & I am a fulltime self-employed 'stonesmith' from my home-based workshop on the West Coast of the Sth. Isld, Aotearoa (New Zealand). The 'jade country'...

Some of you may have already seen my work for sale on eBay or perhaps on our main NZ auction site, TradeMe. I work almost exclusively with New Zealand 'greenstone'/pounamu (nephrite jade), creating unique, one-off designs; mainly pendants & the occasional small sculpture. Our friend TIKI is one of my 'specialties' & I believe I am gaining a good reputation for quality & originality. (nearing 150 thus far, all different..!!)

*I am not simply here to plug my work, but will certainly be using the marketplace forum to point anyone interested towards work that can be purchased. I have deliberately posted my first message (hope thats ok/kosha?, Im a newbie...)here as I intend to put up pictures of 'old' work that I consider to be some of my best; simply for the joy of sharing (& lets be honest, maybe a little 'ego-stroking', haha -appreciation is the artists soul-food :) Happy to discuss jade carving technique if anyone is interested.

I also have great appreciation for others' work & have a small but diverse collection of Polynesian tikis, piccies & music that adorn my workshop walls & give daily inspiration...

I consider myself a very lucky man to be 'navigating my own waka', hanging out with my young family ('almost' wife & 2 pre-schoolers) in a beautiful part of the world, & supporting it all by doing what I love most, yeehaa!!

Pounamu is my muse... Those who have come into contact with this amazing stone will understand these words. She is a unique substance in this world, ideally suited as a material for talisman/pendants due to her extreme toughness & obvious beauty...

I am of part-Maori descent, my Iwi being Kai Tahu/ Kati Mamoe, from the very deep southern areas of NZ. Some beautiful pounamu artifacts have been left by my ancestors & I feel that I am picking up a long-forgotten family tradition, and carrying it forward with pride. I label my work as Contemporary Polynesian as I draw inspiration not only from our Maori culture, but from all three Island outposts of Polynesia, and a little in between...

Cant promise how often I will be able to chat, busy, busy, but will endeavour to check in at least a couple of times per week. Being fairly 'green' (jade carvers joke :) to all of this I am unsure of how inundated I may become (or not!)...

Enough of my yap! Heres a few that Im particularly proud of, hope you enjoy them!!!

Back to the 'grind' (another jade carvers joke :) for me...

Ka kite, Andy

PS: Remember you are viewing these much larger than real-life, please forgive any magnified indiscretions...

Big fella with a Hawaiian flava! 2004-6

Overall shape of this represents a rei-puta, or carved whaletooth... 2006

My own personal hei-tiki. Incredibly dark stone, appearing almost black until held to light... 2004

Hei-tiki wearin' a hei-tiki..!! 2006

The Warrior, the Thinker & the Trickster... (sorry about dark pic) 2006

Meditating tiki! Beautiful, man... 2006

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2008-04-16 02:21 ]

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2008-04-20 04:07 ]

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2008-04-22 03:06 ]

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2008-04-26 03:44 ]

Kia Ora Tama, I'm a newbie and have been admiring your beautiful work for some time now. I have a fairly unconventional work/lifestyle (long story!), I work all over the country and sometimes have long periods of downtime, often not knowing what to do with myself! I have always been interested/drawn to Pounamu I have a few river and beach stones that I have found in Haast/Jackson Bay, that I think may actually just be Serpentinite, but I've looked all over the web for information about tools for fashioning nepherite/jade etc and come to a dead end every time! Not much info on how to aquire tools etc either. I have a Dremmel 300 series, but I doubt that is going to cut the mustard ( or is it?)I might have to get a tungsten bit and see. I have no experience at all at carving, but fairly good with my hands and pretty creative (and part Maori like you!)I was just wondering if you could give me a brief inventory list of basic gear/where to obtain etc just for a novice starter such as myself. I did look briefly at the nsk dental handpeice you have, there were some for sale on ebay but man they were expensive! Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated my cuz! Ka Kite, Tukotahi.

S

Those are Great! Love the fat tong and Meditation one.

Hey gang -

What was I saying about a full week in the workshop Paip'? Not today, but at least 'Jungle Book - Mowgli's Story' is buying a bit of TC time. :lol:

BenZ/Seeksurf: 'just a quickie' meaning a quick post/update - my carvings take weeks and weeks of blood/sweat/tears/karakia/fasting/chanting/hallucinagenic broth, etc.. (dont blow the mistique guys..) :wink: :D

Robin: Thanks Sistah - how is your jade work going?

Tukutahi: Welcome to TC! Hows windy Wellington? I suppose coming from the We(s)t Coast I shouldnt tease.
Whoah - pg1 dejavu... :o :o :o
To answer a few of your Qs: Your Dremmel should be fine to begin with as long as you run some diamond burrs in it (not tungsten!)- and run water on those burrs! Check the 'Stone Carving - Q&A' or the early pages of this and/or Paipos thread for basic stone carving tools/processes.. (Im going to have that emblazened across my headstone, tattooed across my forehead.. or perhaps just my TC signature.. Not your fault Tuku, common question).
Green rocks from Haast/J.Bay have a good chance of being pounamu - can you flick a pic in StoneQ&A?
*Check those threads and feel free start your own once youre rolling. Being able to dip your toes into the Pacific and/or being part-Maori means you're instant TC Tangatawhenua around here - but you still have to carve a Tiki as the final 'initiation'.. :lol:

Seeksurf again: Thanks - that meditating Tiki holds the dubious honour (for me) as being the first one Ive seen resold by a customer (as opposed to a trader who buys for the purpose of reselling).. and at a loss!! whaaaahhh! :cry:

--

--

A Tiki/Toki piece I was recently working on:
*JohnnyP; the back & broader expances of the adze would have been perfect to demonstrate the before/after of diamond-clothing, but when I picked it up to resume work that stage had already been done and only the Tiki detail was left. I'll make another one of these before too long and will make sure I get those shots..

--

Done:

--

--

No further progress on the new M.mask but due to an eager TCer offering a home he may just avoid any time in the Box at all.. :wink:
The brow and eyes on this guy are a new development for me & so to ensure I had fully assimilated the new cuts/angles, thought Id better rough out another before sending the 'original' away. Cheeky eh?

Mask + little brother:

ok, I think its safe to finish the other one now.. :lol:

H
harro posted on Wed, Apr 30, 2008 6:43 PM

kia ora tama,

latest pieces are looking excellent my friend, i always adore the tokis. Was interesting to see your first ever post brought back from the deep once again, along with some of the ol' chestnuts. your work has definitely blossomed and progressed in that time, yet still has your unmistakable style and traditional feel.

by the way i think that we are the real winners with your recent broadband acquisition!

cheers.

B

Ditto Harro, WE ARE the real Winners here with your BB&d connect. You have opened up Considerably and Whe ever else could I have Shouted for a hour with you before B-Bnd? Never! Now just Look at the work you are doing and YEs there is More magic, secret dances and talismans around, picked up where else but in the great unknown BB7d connection. A working Tama is a Happy Tama and believe it or not you can legitimately call this page hopping "WORK" because your brain is being bombarded with visions, Ideas, thoughts and Other stimuli that help make your magical, witchdoctor package the Biggest, baddest on the block!
Is there any of that you didn't understand and would like repeated? Just point to the parts? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You KNOW we'z Love ya!

On 2008-04-30 18:43, harro wrote:

"your work has definitely blossomed and progressed in that time.."

*Is this a nice way of saying the work in those early pages is crap? Well, you shouldve seen some of the stuff produced before I got here.. :lol:

Cheers Harro and BenZ: I guess we're all winners - its no exaggeration that hanging around this place has provided invaluable inspiration to up my game and try new things. I certainly would never have attempted many of the non-Maori figures without the attentive crowd that prowl these boards, so thank you all!

--

Just a quick - update! :wink: Working on 'the Cuzzies' together now.. hee hee

Working slightly ahead of schedule (not like me), these two are now ready for sanding but first need something (?) done with the eyes.. They'll most likely have small paua or m-o-p inlays for the pupils, but thats a job for next week.

Thank TIKI-God Its Friday! I need a beer..

Happy carving All!
Tama :)

R
Robin posted on Fri, May 2, 2008 7:21 AM

Exquisite....

Carving in fits and starts and stops....lots happening in my world....thanks for asking Tama.

Tama, your newest pieces look GREAT!!! I can't help myself waiting by my front door for the package, it's killing me!!!

S

Mu mm Love that Green! Looking good.

B

Amazing neat cuts on those brows.
Perfect pieces.
Bravo,

Benjamin.

Aloha Tama!!!

WOW! You have incredable creativity and amazing artistic skills my friend . your carvings are excellent, Mahalo for sharin, Aloha Mooney

Kia ora Tiki-fans!

Robin: Lots happening in the world, period. I know how hard it can be to find time and/or inspiration/motivation. It sure helps having no other options! :lol:

Tikifreak: any sign yet..?

Big thanks: Seeksurf, Benella and Mooney!

Meanwhile: the smaller of the two 'Cuzzies' overtakes the original and becomes the trial piece for a new style of eye inlays.. which I promptly screw up not once, but twice before carving my way out of an unsightly eye-sore with the third attempt. phew, wasnt a lot of material left to play with..

Whether to play for the All Blacks or the Warriors: tough decision..

An acceptable result although Im still no further in resolving how to inlay the larger piece (as I've promised buyer). At times like these the best thing is just to move on to something else and let the answer come in its own good time. It always does..

--

Drew up a new Hei-Toki/Tangaroa last night & worked solidly on it all day today. Actually thats not entirely true - I also managed to have a bit of a Shout with BenZart, played a bit of Playstation with my little man (Crash Bandicoot, still luv it after all these years!), threw a ball for the pooch and planted a couple of trees (Rimu).
Have I got the greatest job in the world or wot?? :) :) :)
My only moan is that it all happens a bit too far away from the Hukilaus and the Chop-chops.. :( :( :(

Blocked out with main diamond grinding wheel:

..and a few levels and bevels roughly ground with same wheel:

..until a point is reached where 'waste removal' becomes a hazard rather than a benefit, and we must move on to the more gentle and stealthy handpiece:

**JohnnyP: Ive squirreled away a few pics for that diamond cloth demo, using this piece as example. Ill actually take a whole series of pics showing different stages of 'closing up' the scratches & explain a bit more than just diamond cloth stage. Might be a good one to add to the Stone Q&A thread come to think of it. Ill take more dry shots than you normally get to see (unflattering) to illustrate, but the progressions are very subtle and may not be such exciting viewing..? We'll see how it goes..

Happy carving All!

PS: that Warrior mask might be available in the Marketplace if you hurry.. :wink:

H
haikai posted on Tue, May 6, 2008 4:52 AM

Kia Ora Tama, you really create beautiful things. I love the last two Mask pendants. Pretty nice.
And your Hei-Toki/Tangaroa is also so fine and detailed. Looking forward to see the finish.
Greets, Kai

H
harro posted on Tue, May 6, 2008 6:58 AM

On 2008-05-01 21:43, Tamapoutini wrote:

*Is this a nice way of saying the work in those early pages is crap? Well, you shouldve seen some of the stuff produced before I got here.. :lol:

NOT AT ALL!! I was actually pleasantly surprised when I first scrolled down and saw a whole bunch of new tikis from you. "How did I miss all this?" I was sayin... until i read a little further... The meditator and your personal black hei tiki are brilliant, all-time, hall-of-fame pieces!

This new Tang is off and out of the blocks like a sure fire bet. I love it! Like I keep sayin, I can never decide which style of yours I like the best. Usually its the latest, so today its the Tang toki! :)

R
Robin posted on Tue, May 6, 2008 10:43 AM

Kia ora Tama. Yummy work there.

Thanks for showing a tad bit more of the stages of development. You take yours less far on the grinding wheel than I have been doing....that was helpful...those 'grunty' wheels can really chew up a piece in a hurry. I've been trying to do more with that wheel because having to remove more material eats up the burs.

I'm curious about which bur you would use to do the finer rough out...say around that head. I have a smallish cylinder that I use a lot, but it still seems like that might not be the right one..

Thanks Tama....yah, the world is a busy place for us all. No whining! Just no time for the bench right now.

These pieces are all looking spectacular, Tama. Beautiful work.

J

Ahhh, yet another fine tiki tushy on the way! :) I had the honor of fondling a few of your pieces (including the amazing tiny tang, and the swirly butt swap piece) while visiting Ben 2 days ago. Even with all the fantastic pictures you post here, it's just not the same as seeing and feeling one of your pieces in person. The finishes are like the smoothest satin, and the detail is unbelievably clean. I continue to be awed by your talent!

Tama, I just got them today!!! Let me tell you these are so much cooler in person (not that your picture taking is bad) but these things are bada$$!!! You are #TAHI ( I did research) :) Thanks for the extra gifts too, they are perfect. Funny notes too!

I know you know what they look like, but I don't know if you posted these guys on here? My picture taking is crappy!!

Thanks again,
Craig

[ Edited by: tikifreak1 2008-05-06 14:37 ]

[ Edited by: tikifreak1 2008-05-07 05:33 ]

S

Outstanding work there my friend.

J

most amazing work, it is hard to keep up with your postings you carve so many. Thanks for remembering the sanding photos.

B

WOW, Where have I Been? I turn around and take a couple days off and Look what you do/ The small "couzzie's" eyes turned out great.. That high flat plateau is difficult to do an inlay in and I like your solution much better. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the other one. ( I Love him the way he is Now)
Also the Hei-Toki/Tangaroa Looks to become a Real Masterpiece. For a smal;l guy he has the full bag of detail and looks Great. Can't wait to see the detail; unfold, Goin' to the Stone thread now!
Excellent Stuff Old Man!

G
GMAN posted on Wed, May 7, 2008 9:23 AM

"Tama, I just got them today!!!"

SWEET! Tama-stones rock!

--
"TIKI-JAM NZ#1" - "TIKI-JAM NZ#1" - "TIKI-JAM NZ#1"

Hey everyone -

HKai: now all I have to do is learn how to chizzel those large logs like you & Ill die a happy man..

Harro: That Hei-Toki/Tangaroa may not end up a Tang at all; I worked on him a little today (only 1/2 hr) and he kept whispering to me that he's actually a Maori!? I couldnt argue with that and so it looks as though he may become a Hei-Toki/Teko-teko after all..

Robin: Less is more.. Ive learned the hard way to stop sooner rather than later with the heavy wheelwork; nothing worse than removing an area that turns out to be where a toe or an ear wants to be... It does mean honing in on the form with a slower tool/process (handpiece) but what it lacks in speed it makes up for in precision.

FBalls: Thanks bruddah!

Jen: I just caught your message on Shout the other night before it disappeared off the board.. Im so glad you like fondling my buttocks! I thought I felt something.. :lol:
The peaches on this one (Tang/Teko) are also one (two?) of the teeniest, tiniest, TTTooshies Ive ever carved at about 1/2" wide (BOTH cheeks), although not quite as small as that lil blak Tang. Thanks for watching!

Tikifreak: Im glad they arrived and you are happy with them! phew. Wear those babies with pride and respect now; they're a National emblem of my country and our Tangata Whenua! (back to your research.. :wink: )

Seeksurf: Thank you Sir.

JP: I can slow down if you'd like.. :wink: *Work will resume on the Hei-Toki/whatever-it-is tommorrow but it will probably be next week before I come through with that 'demo'.

BenZ: Where HAVE you been? - The larger of the 'Cuzzies' now has his inlays. (again phew!) Im happy enough with the result although it was a reasonably simple solution in the end. I had intended to take piccies of it this afternoon but events of the day got away on me. Read on..

G: Thanks mate! :D

--

--

"TIKI-JAM NZ#1" at Tamas place:

*Inspired by the recent shin-dig at BenZarts house, the New Zealand TC contingent decided to hold their own 'Tiki-Jam' event. And like the original it was modelled after there were plenty of exciting things going on - nothing planned, just an informal get-together of like minds gathered in the sprit of celebrating a common interest and for the educational betterment of all involved..

10.30am - Paipo was there with his bucket o' treasure doing a bit of trimsawing:

11.15am - Tama sitting at computer while Paipo does his thing. Conversation was first-rate: Tama and Paipo chatting away.. Actually it was a little hard to hear over the noise of the trimsaw and the stereo:

12 noon - Discussions flowed seamlessly from local affairs..

12.25pm - to global politics..

1.30pm - But it wasnt all serious; plenty of good laughs were had by all:

2.05pm - We had a few drinks..

2.56pm - Then, like magic the sun came out as if to smile upon the merry-making:

3.45pm - sigh

4.15pm - 'Fine. Ill use the chance to grab a few 'BuyNow' bargains while my main competitor is busy - he'll get home and discover Ive snapped up all the best stuff..!' bwah-hahaaaaaah! :lol:

4.30pm - Great day mate, thanks for making the journey. We really should make this an annual thing..

--

--

SO: How exciting was THAT?? Hopefully by next year we may have a few more local members but it was great to see that everyone turned out today, despite the threat of bad weather this morning. Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately the t-shirts and hats werent ready in time but I think Ive got everyones orders and they'll be posted out as soon as theyre ready.

--

Tama :D

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2008-05-08 02:01 ]

B

DAYYUMN, Sounds like I missed a great day, no? Don't forget My t-shirt and hat. Sounds as if you should make this a Monthly thing instead of annual, You CAN Do it!
Inlays eh? Lemme See'um.
Still stuck in Alabamie but will leave tomorrow and travel to the Leesburg area for a Jazz Festival and wine tasting at a local Winery there, Fun fun fun.
Sweet dreams.

Nice TIKI-JAM Tama, it looks like you two had fun!!! Tangata whenua is a Mâori term literally meaning "people of the land", from tangata, 'people' and whenua land.[1] I think I'm almost ready to move their now!! :)

H
harro posted on Thu, May 8, 2008 6:42 AM

:lol: :lol: I can just see you guys talking to each other with your earmuffs on.

Thanks for the laugh!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, May 8, 2008 11:51 AM

Stoner Jam I.

M
McTiki posted on Thu, May 8, 2008 1:06 PM

On 2008-05-08 11:51, GMAN wrote:
Stoner Jam I.

I LOL'd

Nice post!

S

Put me down for one of those "TIKI-JAM NZ#1" t-shirts and hats.
:)

Too much!

Best post of the week, hands down!

:lol:

Yep, "TIKI-JAM NZ" #1 was huge hit considering it was only thought about at the time.. :lol:

BenZ/Seeksurf: Im having a bit of trouble getting hold of the printers. I wondered about that mobile print-shop at the time; looked more like an ordinary hippie-van. I knew I shouldnt have paid for all those monogrammed gumboots in advance..

Tikifreak: good work - but theres still a pronunciation test before youre allowed to stay permanently.. :wink:

Harro: glad you enjoyed sharing our day!

Gman: Im still stoned from the days events..

McTiki: oL?? :lol: Thanks

Lake: (Im bowing..) :D

BUT SERIOUSLY:

--

After much deliberating I finally steeled myself to the task of inlaying the eyes on the larger mask. The main reason for my hesitation being that I knew someone was out there holding their breath, hoping I didnt screw it up - as I was myself.. :)

--

--

[ Edited by: tamapoutini 2008-05-09 03:55 ]

G
GMAN posted on Fri, May 9, 2008 5:04 AM

Looks like candy! I was just looking at old Chainsaw Mouf this morning......

R
Robin posted on Fri, May 9, 2008 5:22 AM

Too funny....glad you and Paipo got a chance to talk. If you let the screen scroll it reads like a flip book...Tama and Paipo live...well at least your pose changed a bit.

That mask is a beaut....the inlays look perfect.

H
hewey posted on Fri, May 9, 2008 5:22 AM

Great work Tama - that tiki Jam looks like great fun was had :D Nice work on the carvings too :wink:

P
Paipo posted on Fri, May 9, 2008 5:40 AM

The pictures don't lie - I really did spend the best part of 5 hours hunched over that saw! So I guess you could call it a"chop"?
I foolishly saved the hardest block of stone until last, when the day had warmed up and my back was starting to wear out. I was wet, dirty and tired by day's end, but I now have a nice big bucketful of jade (of various nationalities) to see me through the winter. I will post pics of my spoils soon. Also, (when he wasn't browsing the forums) I did see Tama putting in the odd minute on the tiny tang toki..?

Hey gang - just checking in before the start of another Tiki-week!

--

Gman: how is old Chainsaw Mauf? (one of my first steps into the crazy world of TC-inspired Tikiness..) Does he get out often?

Robin/Hewey: thanks, it was even more fun than it looks. :lol:

On 2008-05-09 05:40, Paipo wrote:

I foolishly saved the hardest block of stone until last..*

Also, (when he wasn't browsing the forums) I did see Tama putting in the odd minute on the tiny tang toki..?**

*And when I went to do a bit of chopping today I found a nice wee slab of that super-hard stone. Cheers Paip! (Im assuming you left it deliberately? Nice stuff - about 2-3lb block? :D :wink:

**You mean the 'Toki-Tekoteko'? (I might just take your lead and start #numbering 'em..!) That will hopefully be on the bench from tommorrow afternoon onwards. Looking for to this one myself.

Have a good week everyone!

G
GMAN posted on Sun, May 11, 2008 5:40 AM

"Does he get out often?"

You betcha...and the Doc's traditional piece goes to the hospital everyday.

Glad to hear that G/Mrs G! :D

On 2008-05-11 04:39, Tamapoutini wrote:

You mean the 'Toki-Tekoteko'? (I might just take your lead and start #numbering 'em..!) That will hopefully be on the bench from tommorrow afternoon onwards. Looking for to this one myself.

Things have gotten so quiet Im having to quoting and questioning myself now.. :lol:

Q: so Tama, did you manage any more on the 'Toki-Tekoteko'? today?

A: Thanks Tama, yeah I did manage a couple of hours cleaning him up a bit and fluffing around with the facial details:

"Hei-Toki/Tekoteko #1":

Still a fair amount of refining to do before I can start to think about finishing him up. Tommorrow is only a half-day carving, but as long as there are no interruptions this guy might be heading towards the finishing line. Im fighting the urge to keep this little guy.. ugh, .. argh!

Kind of reminds me of these 'All Black' figurines that were recently sold through petrol outlets.. :lol:

So much for Monday..

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1505 replies