Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tama - NZ Pounamu/greenstone - Last post for '08! - pg99

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,505 replies

F

Tama
To me the carvings you create out of natural shaped material are my favourites, looks like another cracker on it's way.
regards
Flynny

B

Beautiful carving for a wonderful carver: that's alright Tama (nothing to do with Elvis)!

Benjamin.

B

WOAH, TAMA, For Sure I will look into Every nook and cranny with great pride. This Goldie is one of your most Excellent pieces and I will wear ir Proudly, and wear it a Lot I will. I guess I had better get crackin on your Moai. Yes for Goldie, I moved you up on the list a bit, Sorry guys, but the Gold got the best of me.
Tama, I'm Really loving all the pieces you have goin on right now. I really love the 3 heads and the last one is really killer. You need more vacations, did I already say that earlier? Well take another one, you deserve it. Go lok for bore of those green pebbles, they're awesome. Seems I have one tucked away somewhere.
What can I say but HappyHappyHappy! Mahalo

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jan 30, 2007 6:00 PM

That gold/green combo looks sweet! :) nice one, Ben is very lucky.

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jan 30, 2007 6:53 PM

Dang Tama! Goldie turned out great! A great piece for a great guy. I know he will seriously enjoy this.

-Gman

It's hard to find words sometimes but I find myself looking at these pictures of your work over and over again.
Fine job on the green and gold one, I'm transfixed by it.
Thanks for posting them.

[ Edited by: AlienTiki 2007-01-31 01:47 ]

G

Wow, a real work of art dude! This is awesome, such talent. My day will come to own of your babies! Thanks for such amazing work as well as your constant sharing. Aloha!

J

Whooohhhoooo, Thank you for the very detailed step my step. You turned a nice rock into a treasure.

And Benz is a lucky man to get that piece.

JP

B

Yes a LUCKY Old Man!, Couldn't pass this goldie up.

T

Hey Tama! You're a kook! (I mean that with all due respect!).

That fondled rock sure turned out nicely. Thanks for the play-by-play as we say here in American football...

I'm in stealth mode right now. I'm workin the stone, but undercover. Thanks for the raw materials.

Hi all; thanks for your comps & feedback!

Flynny: Glad you like the pebble-pieces; let me know what you think of the update on this latest one. I may just send him over. :wink:

Cheers Benella, Hewey, Gman, JohhnyP: Lets hope BigBen likes it in person, gulp.

BigBen: Be gentle on me...

gMoney: Thanks & Welcome (just PM if there's anything that grabs you :wink: Seems to be the quickest route to getting service)

TGap: I know you're up to something... Pressure this Man people! :lol:

And now, (drumroll please)... At long last I can reveal the final stages of the Fez-Tikis time with me.

*As a matter of fact this is actually already in the post Bullet! Gone. On its way... One Zillion apologies for how long you had to wait for him. Hope your head hasnt been too cold!

It got ugly before it got good... "Oh my God! What're you going to DO with me..??!! Arrrgh!!"

Managed to get 4 strands of artificial sinew through each hole which were tied into the hat & knots melted.

I cant show you the binding/glueing process as I has all 3 hands full & couldnt reach the camera with my feet. But here is the finished result after all finishing/tying/drying/melting & de-fluffing of hat (shine your shoes Guv'nor?)

Nice brim...

Jeepers Creepers...

The carving hugs the curve just lubly!

*Hope you like it Bullet. Ill PM you later. :)

A bit more progress on the side-hanging Pebble-Tiki. WD-40ed but looking a lot more like it will when finished now (for potentail future-owners benefit. You likee?)

A bit more shape in the stone than may be apparent from just the front view.

*Now that youve seen him a bit further along, let me know if you still want him. Cheers.

Another tiki day. Time for a gin. Bah!

Luv ya's. TTT :)

F

Excellent and Yep
Regards
Flynny

B

YES YES YES, Of course I Still want him, Awesome pebble there Tama, Just Awesome. I'm not sure what you are doing but I think you cast a spell on us all and are making us all DROOL and Stststtuttstustuttesturetter. I'm losing my mind herrre "Somebody Hep Me PLEEZE HEpME, MAshed taters and GRaaavy...."Thats me in the spotlight losing my reliigion(sorry Hanford))@$&^%^&$%)@)IOP#WR"VW$(P7

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Feb 2, 2007 4:29 PM

Tama,

That pebble carving is tops. I love the hand...and the hidden hand. I super sweet piece. Nice job with the vision.

-Gman

*Wordless update - Back for a yak later...

(still in prog) :wink:

Tama :)

Lookin Great Tama!
oops! Is it still Library hour? Shhhhhhhh....

J

Wordless reply.

:)

[ Edited by: JohnnyP 2007-02-08 16:37 ]

H
hewey posted on Thu, Feb 8, 2007 6:00 PM

The Fez tiki came out AWESOME and those adze guys are coming along very nicely too.

B

WOW, bravo

benjamin.

F
flynny posted on Fri, Feb 9, 2007 9:44 AM

Tama
Great work, get him on a plane!!!
Regards
Flynny

H
harro posted on Fri, Feb 9, 2007 2:16 PM

tama, been admiring your great work recently - keep it up, the variety and freshness is inspiring!
harro

Those are all stunning, the adze hei-tiki in relief of the adze is my favorite. Great idea!

C

Wow! I love the fezz!! And every thing else too! You're amazing!

M

Wow! I love these guys!

Mahalo

McTiki

Hi Gang. Sorry for the slowness & lack of wordiness lately; I find myself well & truly buried under a tiki mountain once again. If it wasnt all such good fun I would probably be tearing my hair out about now...

Thanks to all for your comps!

LLT: If only it was that peaceful; kids, animals, visitors, electrified gee-tars, power tools & screaming rocks. This is how tiki is born at my place. shhhh... :wink:

JohnnyP: :)

Thanks Hewey. Im rapt with the new-improved Tiki-toki design/s myself. I have probably made 5-6 variations on this theme and for some reason am quite 'into' them at the moment; got another 3-4 drawn up. Not as big as that last one.

Cheers Bennella, Harro, Sneaky, Clarita & McTiki!

Flynny: eek! a monster job* has just loomed its ugly deadline at me & I may have to juggle the pebble a little higher for a week. Bonus bitties just got a little sweeter. :wink:

eek! *The reality of agreeing to be a part of an upcoming exhibition in Sydney has hit, doh! Only about two weeks until I have to have something in the post...
One aspect of the show (4-5 artists who at one time or another have lived & carved jade on NZs West Coast) is that we will all be using predominantly Australian jade. I have a couple of non-tiki pieces made already but cant let an opportunity go by...

'Hei-tiki in Aussie-Black'

after a hard days' rockin'...

Cracking my own whip. ! Back to the grind!

beatiful stuff, Tama. black jade, i had no idea.

J

Beautiful jade, I have a lot more respect for you now that I've tried this (and I had a lot before)

I have a lot of questions to ask in the stone carving thread.

You are a master at what you do.

JP

Thanks GTP & JP!

Worked into the night & have this almost ready to start diamond cloth stage/sanding. Gotta keep going as the Sydney gallery need photos... arrgh!

must.. finish.. this.. tiki...

TTT :)

Incredible work, Tama!
Maybe one day I will have the good fortune to see it in person!
K.

Thanks Kikekeki! Funnily enough, after several hundred leaving my workshop, Ive never bumped into one (probably because I rarely leave the workshop, heehee). Im waiting for the day though... :)

NOW he's ready for sanding..!

MUST... KEEP... GOING... ugh!

T :)

B

Hey Tama, Looking Most Excellent as usual. Not sure which of these new guys I like Best but the Black Jade piece has just made up my mind, I Want'em ALl. At Least make the drool stop will ya. Sorry I haven't been around much, I still love you and your stuff!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Feb 12, 2007 5:51 PM

Black jade looks nice :) Some green jade inlay eyes would really pop

well, fez tiki has made his way to sactown. i'm thrilled to have this one of a kind fez. i really enjoyed watching tama's updates. big mahaloz for taking the time to do this for me, tama!

B

beautiful.
Very neat.
Will you give it to sidney gallery ?

C

kingstiedye congrats on your one of a kind fez!! It's so great really!

B

My Postman brought me "Goldie" today and I can Not BEGIN to tell you how Beautiful he is. Just palin Unbelievable. As usual, pictures don't do justice and mere words cannot describe the beauty carved into that piece of stone. When I'm feeling better I will post a picture or 2. Thank you Tama,
HappyHappyHappy

Cheers Hewey. Took your advice & leaned the paua eyes towards the green side. The show starts in about 6(?) weeks; let me know if you want to know the name of the gallery where it will be held. I wont be attending but one of the crew will be holding a jade carving demo in the Gallery workshop I think..?

Big thanks Bullet; Looking good! (I know it took a while but did you have to rub it in with that growth..?) :lol: Can I ask what the other wee badge is?

Thanks Benella & Clarita!

And three 'cher's (Maori cheers) for BenZart! Glad you like him! You deserve Gold.

Seem to be finishing plenty this week.

'Aussie Black' Hei-tiki

And the sanding all done on Pebble-Tiki. Just needs eyes & cords now..*

*Check PM for a few choices Flynny!

I have orders to quit goofing, so Id better quit goofing...

On 2007-02-13 00:28, benella wrote:
Will you give it to sidney gallery ?

Sorry Ben, I missed this question. No, I wont be gifting it to them if thats what you mean. They do take a very large bite from the proceeds if it sells however(!!) I'll ost pics of all the work I come up with for the show when there is a better looking group; currently only 3 pieces, gulp...

H
hewey posted on Wed, Feb 14, 2007 5:54 PM

Looks great :)

Tama I would love to get to that show, please post the details here or PM me. Thanks :) :)

B

On 2007-02-14 15:41, Tamapoutini wrote:

I'll ost pics of all the work I come up with for the show when there is a better looking group; currently only 3 pieces, gulp...

Only 3 pieces ?!? Maybe but certainly 3 masterpieces :wink:

Benjamin

S

Nice Tama...Aussie Black and Pebble-Tiki are bloody goorgeous! Can't wait for pix from the show.

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Feb 15, 2007 5:47 PM

Wow! Both are amazing, but I really like the pebble. I think if that pebble were for me I would leave it as is with no paua inlay. Love it, love it!

-Gman

Kia ora !
Hej hej everybody Im shaki ( one of TC lurkers especially for Tama's works of art hehehe )
Please allow me to brag about this lovely Birthday present from my family.. yes this is one of the best gift i've ever had,,, thx to Tama for that :)
I've recieved it couple of weeks ago..wear it everyday heheh coz this piece is so smashing!!!
So here is my birthday-boi..Big guy eh?
Ka kite

P.S better save some money for my next piece Marsden jade from you Tama..Im so envy Benartz, coz he's got the golden boi.. hehehe

NICE work Triple-T, your post just keeps getting better and better...the VISUALS are stunning! hehehe!!! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

J

Smashing is a good description!

JP

Welcome to TC Shaki and Hau'oli Makahiki Hou (Happy Birthday)!!! What a lovely couple, no wonder Hei Tiki is happy...Aloha, Freddie :tiki:

B

Yeah, All our stuff would look great with models like this Tama. Free advertisement like this does not come along often, relish it!
Ofcourse if Anyones stuff is worthy, it is Tamas for sure.

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Feb 16, 2007 7:35 PM

Hey Tama, here's a glamor-shot of another satisfied customer.....but I'm not just another pretty face.....

-Gman

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1505 replies