Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Hosts Wanted

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies

T

''Lot's of cool stuff here!''
Jeffs tiki/music room is the only cool thing in Ohio.
So that would make it Throbbing Creme Puff Wieners.

Was wondering who was going to notice the Wire and TG boxes!! :)

Mr Tiki is in front of the Coil DVD box set. Purchased shortly before Peter Christopherson passed away.

Mr. Tiki is definitely getting his education here despite all the negative comments.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

On 2012-08-13 22:00, Hakalugi wrote:

On 2012-08-12 12:10, Jeff Central wrote:

Lot's of cool stuff here!

Wow Jeff! It's Mr. Tiki standing in between Wire and Throbbing Gristle. Nice! So, what's in the wooden box directly behind Mr. Tiki?

T

Awww, come on Jeff I thought you above all would get my crabby snarkie humor.
And I did say your place was the coolest thing in Ohio.
That's not negative, I say the glass is half full.

But you must admitt that Columbus has mucked up torn down most of the cool Columbus had.
Kahiki, (See my footage in DVD of tiki)
Tropical Bistro
Cosi
The Clock restaurant
Neil House
Jai lai
Yankee Trader
Lazarus
Short North
Downtown, Believe me I gerw up downtown it's not 1/4 of what it used to be.
I could go on and on, and must of the time I do.

So what you see as negative, I see as fact that we can learn from, And I thought it was funny.
But you know I love you Jeff, that's no joke.
Mr Tiki Michigan will be Waay better they got snow and deer hunting, Read snarky.
I say go west young Tiki!!!

Sorry back to hugs and kisses.

I get your crabby snarkie humor skip. I just get tired of it. You know me, I loath negativity!

Downtown Columbus has lost a LOT of its history I agree but instead of dwelling on things that are long gone, let's try to make do with what we have. Don't forget we have a "new" Polynesian style restaurant called the Grass Skirt opening later this month. Lot's of other cool restaurants opening up too. Even specialty bars are starting to make real cocktails again! Hell, even the music scene is starting to pick up again.

Accentuate the positive!!

It's all good,
Jeff

Positive Thought for the Day:

Open a new real tiki bar in every city that does not already have one.

:)

T

I do wish I could be as positive as you, I guess I'm just wired differently.
But then to get power you need a positive and a negative.
Yeah, Grass Skirt is some good news.
I'll try to play nice Jeff.
Two thumbs up.:)

Poor Mr Tiki, languishing away in a box somewhere?

Mr. Tiki hasn't been to Vegas in a while! We've got some new sights and stuff. I hope Mr. Tiki comes this way again. Plus, we're having a chop next weekend AND the Frankie's anniversary party. Frankie's anniversary parties are fun. PM me for my address.

-Wade

On 2012-08-14 05:21, Jeff Central wrote:
Was wondering who was going to notice the Wire and TG boxes!! :)

Mr Tiki is in front of the Coil DVD box set. Purchased shortly before Peter Christopherson passed away.

Mr. Tiki is definitely getting his education here despite all the negative comments.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Veering wildly off topic, but what do you think of Sleazy's take on Desertshore?

Mr Tiki will hopefully be departing Ohio soon. He wanted to watch the Buckeyes beat that team up North and he has completed that goal.

I've listened to only small bits of the Desertshore project by X-TG and it sounded very interesting. I've listened to Nico's original Desertshore album and ran to stop the turntable. Couldn't take her voice. There is also an "evil version" of the album plus a bonus album with just Peter, Chris and Cosey as X-TG. I find this material much more entertaining.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Rumor has it that Mr. Tiki could be ready for some Vegas fun (again).

Mr. Tiki is onroute to his next destination!! :)

WHOOOOHOOOO!!!

Thanks for hosting him Jeff

Mr Tiki has not had his fair share of OC love!

Thanks Jeff for getting Mr. Tiki a ticket to Las Vegas. He arrived during the Las Vegas Chop and then went to the Frankie's Tiki Room 4th Anniversary party.

Mr. Tiki likes OC but he has a couple of parties to attend in Vegas first.

Mr. Tiki arrives for the Frankies Tiki Room Anniversary. I'm looking a little dazed and confused because we had some pretiki at the Bamboo Lounge.

Mr. Tiki is enjoying a Planters Punch with Mrs. Trailerpark and my tiki pal Darrus.

Mr. Tiki is popular with the ladies. Jessica was giving him some Vegas hospitality, and someone was keeping his hands warm.

The party really started when Billy the Crud showed up. He and Mr. Tiki go way back.

On our way out the door after a great party. Mrs. Trailerpark with my tiki pal Matt.

[ Edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2012-12-02 12:45 ]

Mr. Tiki showed up fashionably late for the Las Vegas Chop. The chopping was done and we were enjoying Mai Tais in the Bamboo Lounge with Whoseyrtiki.

Mike at Frankies. He can make cocktails with one hand and hold Mr. Tiki in the other.

Happy campers and Mr. Tiki at Frankies.

Mr. Tiki is a sneaky tiki.

That Mr. Tiki sure gets around!! Looks like he's a little frisky too!

Remember, whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!! :wink:

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Yes he does. He's got a couple more parties to attend before he heads moves on.

Ladies please be careful. Mr Tiki swears he had a vasectomy but I would ask to see the receipt (or the scar) :lol:

Thanks so much for hosting him, hope he is soon on his way to his next destination.

Mr. Tiki hit the town and stayed at the Plaza downtown. We got a room downtown because Trailerpark doesn't drive when he drinks. Mr. Tiki 'crapped out' at gambling.

Mr. Tiki had martinis and dinner at Oscar's Beef, Booze and Broads.

Mr. Tiki tagged along on the Las Vegas Santa Rampage.

Mr. Tiki and Jesse go way back. ...to Frankie's Tiki Room last Saturday night.

Mr. Tiki knew more people than I did.

Yep, its Bruce and Suzanne but Hubert wasn't to be seen. I bet he's back at the tiki bar.
Santa likes Mr. Tiki!

You may notice that I only got pictures at the first two stops of the pub crawl. After that Santa was just trying not to lose Mr. Tiki. The rest of the night was a blur but Mr. Tiki made it to the room. No tikis were harmed during the making of this film.

Hey everyone! Mr. Tiki is ready to move on. He's had enough of the neon jungle. Who's ready to entertain him?

Sorry, guys. This was a great idea that has seriously lost it's focus. More than 2 months since the last post & 3 months in one place!? Hopefully, whoever gets him next will look back at the beginning of this thread & recapture Mr. Tiki's lost magic! Take him out to see the local sights & document it, please.

I concur!

He'll be in Pittsburgh next. I am at fault for losing focus. Go ahead and verbally flog me. I've got a lot of tiki projects and Mr. Tiki got lost in the mix. I also work for a living and the past two months are my busy season. At least I didn't lose him like the original Mr. Tiki. So don't git yer panties in a bunch!

I can take him with me when I go visit Iowa and Nebraska in late April.

On 2013-03-02 09:30, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
He'll be in Pittsburgh next. I am at fault for losing focus. Go ahead and verbally flog me. I've got a lot of tiki projects and Mr. Tiki got lost in the mix. I also work for a living and the past two months are my busy season. At least I didn't lose him like the original Mr. Tiki. So don't git yer panties in a bunch!

Is this how you would treat your Mother-in-law? :lol:

KS

Headed to Maui April 2nd... Would love to host him...

T

Mr Tiki come back...
I was Sooo wrong about Ohio.
Please to come and enjoy wonderful Ohio spring weather.

Enjoy Maui dude,

29 degrees, photo outside right now March 25.

HT

Skip, Mr Tiki is in Pittsburgh.

So he's enjoying the same weather!

On 2013-03-02 14:07, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Sorry Mom, I'm a bad son.

R

On 2013-03-26 12:30, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:

On 2013-03-02 14:07, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Sorry Mom, I'm a bad son.

After Pittsburgh, he can come to Baltimore!

Mr Tiki's been enjoying Pittsburgh so much he doesn't want to leave.
Don't buy it? OK. maybe it's more like life getting in the way.
But seriously, if you haven't hosted him you don't know what it's like. So many things you want to show him, and so little time.

Required Pittsburgh shot from Mount Washington (showing the "Golden Triangle", the head of the Ohio River and a funicular:

Stopped by Mellon Square, a great MCM downtown park to take in the old AlCOA world headquarters on the left and William Penn Hotel on the right (where Bob Hope proposed to Dolores, and where Lawrence Welk first used a bubble machine, a left over from a movie premier):

Then we went farther afield,
Fallingwater:

Homer Laughlin, look at those Fiestaware seconds:

Since we were in WV thought we'd stop by Young's Cafeteria, mmm coconut cream pie:

Couldn't miss Dean's hometown of Stuebenville, OH between them:

and Canonsburg, PA, hometown of Perry Como (and Bobby Vinton, but he doesn't get a singing statue, yes, singing, they pipe Perry Como tunes out of it):

more to come...

A singing statue? Sound like something Lewis Carroll would have thought up! :lol:

I understand that if you run into a statue of a composer who has died that it's fair to assert that he's decomposing...

ba-dum-bump...

HAHA!!!!!!!!!

Just realized it's Jimmy Stewart's birthday.
Here's Mr Tiki hanging out with "Mr Smith" in Indiana, PA:

The statue is at the courthouse (with another indoors at the Jimmy Stewart Museum nextdoor within the library), it was dedicated on Jimmy's 75th birthday so it's only fitting to post this today.
Also: the crossing signal at the light at the museum has a Rich Little Jimmy Stewart impersonation letting you know when it's safe to cross.
"Ah, ah, ah... This is Jimmy Stewart and the light is on to cross Philadelphia Street"

Fallingwater! so cool, Mr. Tiki gets a little culture & history!

It wasn't all "cujlture" MR Tiki got out to party also, don't worry.
I've noticed (not just with Mr Tiki) that most of my pics don't have people in them.
Let's not go into what that might say about my psyche.
But when they do, they tend to look like this:
Tiki Tuesday at the Tiki Lounge:

or this, get it together people!

Here he is with the new meat of the Westmoreland Roller Derby (started by some ohana, Trader Don and his wife, who also started Tiki Tuesdays!):

Maybe a little more culture, thought he'd get a kick out of roasting those darned Mormon missionaries:

The Benedum, formerly the Stanley movie theater, location of Bob Marley's last concert (And I had to show a theater in the birthplace of them, Pittsburgh, place of the first Nickelodeon and the Warner Brothers' old stomping grounds).

T

Mr. Tiki come back!
I was wrong about Ohio.
What we have to offer...
RAIN, Not just some rain but 13 days strait of rain, plus you get the
grey no sun overcast skies to go with your rain filled Ohio days.
Do not fret for tomorrows forecast is for...
you guessed it more rain.

Oh Mr. Tiki sun filled summer days are not what's in these days.
And who needs summer anyway, soon our three months of "nice" weather will be over
and we will be right back to winter.

I deem Ohio a harsh uninhabitable local.
Get out of the Midwest as FAST as you can Mr. Tiki!

HT

I think Pittsburgh Pauly has some more photos of Mr. Tiki, but he has traveled to me. A whopping 5 miles or so. He's been all over already, and I need to take the time to post all of the wonderful photos of the places he's been and people he's met. In the meantime, does anyone who is going to HRHH want to take Mr. Tiki II to their neck of the woods? Requirements: Take good care of him, take him to lots of tiki places/people or he gets sad, try not to spill too much booze on him (or allow him to spill too much booze on himself), and I don't care what he tells you, don't let him go cliff diving!

PS - Either that, or there should be enough time to get him to the Hanalei for Tiki O!

I wasn't going to post more, I didn't want to bore anybody to death with rustbelt Americana, but since Mr Tiki is languishing away in Pixburgh :wink:, here goes!

Gobbler's Knob (no Punxsutawney Phil in site):

Wall of China in West Virginia w/Homer Laughlin's Trader Vic's charger:

Diplodocus carnegii (aka Dippy):

Mr Rogers' Neighborhood:

and I'll end it with Hale Tiki and Mr Tiki together in Pan Am Pia's Layover Lounge:

Now show us were he's been lately Lucky!

Bump. Where is Mr Tiki now?

Where is that sneaky bugger?

Hmmm... I'll have to try to track him down

To whoever has taken Mr. Tiki, I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills.
Skills I have acquired over a very long career,
Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

If you let Mr Tiki go now, that will be the end of it
I will not look for you, I will not pursue you...
but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will give you one hell of an Indian burn.....

AW man, I handed him off to Hale Tiki to take to/hand off at Hukilau or Luau on the Lake.
Let's give him a kick and see where he his.

Kick (a slightly stronger version of a "bump," right?

Still no news on the current whereabouts of Mr. Tiki? I would expect him to be wearing some sort of Santa hat (or Santa fez) now that it's mid-December.

Do we need to file a missing persons report with Interpol?

Cheers, everyone!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies