Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Hosts Wanted

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies

Bead, those are from Tiki Caliente in Palm Springs

H
Helz posted on Thu, Jun 23, 2011 6:20 PM

Just FYI....Mr. Tiki took a plane ride yesterday...

Did he solo?

I had totally forgotten about this.
I know I wasn't drunk,
but my mind must have been somewhere else in my mind.

But seeing this brought it all back.
Great to See ya Scott,
hope to see ya in Aug. for the SG101 convention.

Jeff(btd)

H
Helz posted on Fri, Jun 24, 2011 2:26 PM

On 2011-06-23 18:54, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
Did he solo?

No, he had a handler. But I think he's going to visit some OHANA on the East Coast, then be heading off with his new host family. I'll get my pics of his visit to the PopTiki Studios up soon...

Did we get pics of him in Colorado?

Poor Mr Tiki must be running out of steam - it takes him longer and longer to get to his next destination :(

Z

I agree... Mr.Tiki has been huffin' and puffin' at a much slower pace. But we know he can get around, and HOPEFULLY he will get to visit this year's Oasis!
~Zero

ok as mr. tiki's social secretary for the past long time, i want to apologize on his part for his long sabbatical. we had arranged a photo shoot at the former location of the washington d.c. trader vic's, and he totally blew off showing up. so today we woke him out of his alcoholic stupor long enough to catch hanging him with the moai at the national museum of natural history.

again, apologies for the long wait, and as of today i am resigning as his social secretary. his junket is heading out of town directly to his next (undisclosed) location, where we hear he can continue to satiate his thirst for the finest rum.

I'm glad Mr Tiki is alive and well after his long silence. He has never been to Washington DC before, thanks for showing him around Johnny Dollar. The map of his travels has been updated on page one.

MR TIKI LIVES!!!

Yes, Mr. Tiki recently arrived in NYC to enjoy the mild winter. In fact, I think he is the reason for the mild winter...

It was a quick trip and he did not get to many of the usual sites - maybe on a return trip that could be arranged...

Here we are before I start bartending at Lani Kai for Tiki Monday All Stars...

with my co-bartender Tiki Adam and lovely wife Birdgirl...

...with Brian Miller, the founder of Lani Kai Tiki Mondays and all around good guy...

...and with Julie Reiner, Lani Kai owner, awesome bartender and Mystery Bowl imbiber...

Speaking of Mystery Bowls....before he left me for new adventures, Mr Tiki also accompanied birdgirl and me on a trip down to Ft Lauderdale....and was the center of attention at a certain other little tiki bar....

Where did he go from here...?

Who knows.....

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm an enthusiast.

[ Edited by: leisure master 2012-02-24 14:11 ]

Glad to see you resurface Mr TikiII!
and of course the offer to host still stands!

He is ALIVE!

Thank you Leisure Master!!!. Map on page 1 has been updated to show Mr Tiki's travels

On 2012-02-24 14:52, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
He is ALIVE!

I think Mr. Tiki died and went to Tiki Heaven???

:D :D

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2012-02-24 18:17 ]

Mr Tiki was recently spotted in Sacramento, hope he gets some more pictures before he leaves there.

I hear rumors that he may be packing for an international trip?

Well after enjoying some relaxation at Rugger's Reef with the Sacto ohana Mr. Tiki was whisked off to Hamburg, Germany where he was a big hit at Trader Vic's in the Raddison Blu.

Meeting Bonifacio the Bar Manager

and always popular with the ladies

After enjoying the cold grey of Deutschland he headed west to Manchester England where it was suprisingly sunny! Two terrific tiki bars there in Town Centre: Hula and Keho Mohu.

Making friends with the staff of Hula

Spending time at the bar with the mixologists at Keho Mohu

He is resting by the pool at the Beachcomber Bungalow today but who knows where he will be tomorrow?

Wow...that guy is really making the rounds...sorry I missed him in Sacramento. Will he come back to the states with an accent...LOL

Mr Tiki gets his passport stamped! Great pix, thanks Matt

Where you at, Mr. Tiki?

I heard a rumor that Rugby Matt had him at Tiki Caliente? Hopefully he'll be on the move again soon.

C
croe67 posted on Sun, Jul 1, 2012 2:36 PM

There's a hand-off picture floating around somewhere that I'm sure Rugby Matt will post soon.

Mr. Tiki is now my travel companion, with the hand-off happening at Ohana Luau at the Lake in Lake George, NY.

A couple pictures from Lake George.....

Mr. Tiki making friends with the ladies, again:

& getting ready for the trip home to Texas:

Field reports coming in the next few weeks from TX, IL, WI & NV......

...at least he travels in classy baggage!!!

Hi Mike we are all missing you. This has been quite a dry spell for MDM fans.

Remember the traveling plaque that you made and that people have taken around the world??? Here is the latest update on its progress.

The plaque has been to many countries while in Rugby Matt's hands. He should list where it has been. Really this plaque needs its own thread under traveling.

Your idea was for someone to take it on trips and then to pass it on to another person to carry on the tradition. Here's RugbyMatt at ??? Ohana by the Lake.

Since he has taken it as far as Germany??? he is shown here passing it on to
Princes Pupule. Where it will travel too next is any ones guess. Good job Matt.

Miss you Mike, Wendy

[

R

Yep, I took the little guy to Lake George, NY last week for Ohana: Luau at the Lake. He had a great time and is looking forward to spending some time in Tejas with Princess Pupule and accompanying her on her travels.

C
croe67 posted on Wed, Jul 4, 2012 4:41 PM

Mr. Tiki had quite the 4th of July adventure here in Texas.

Mr. Tiki started his day checking out the Caldwell County Courthouse....

& then went to visit Texas' resident beaver - Buck-ee:

Then, a real Texas treat - Mr. Tiki visited The Salt Lick, one of (if not THE) best BBQ joint in Texas:

And, yes, he did leave room for dessert.

Then, he wanted to stop by this pretty field & take a picture.

That is....until he read the sign a bit closer & he high-tailed it outta there...!

Welcome to Texas, Mr. Tiki!

"And, yes, he did leave room for dessert"

A man after my own heart! :lol: Thanks for showing him the ropes Croe

Glad to see he's on the move again, and makin so many new friends!

croe67 PM check :)

[ Edited by: KittyKat65 2012-07-06 17:19 ]

C

Mr. Tiki has had a very eventful past week in a half!

First stop, Chicago, followed by Milwaukee, WI. Sadly, I had a camera memory card FAIL for that portion of the trip, so I have no actual photos to share :(

But - then he went to Vegas, new memory card in hand, & felt very much in his element hanging out with the tikis at Frankie's Tiki Room.

I'll be sending Mr. Tiki along to his next secret destination sometime soon :D

Croe, thanks for giving Mr Tiki a lift, can't wait to see his next destination.

Mr Tiki's page 1 map is starting to get a little messy, maybe it's time for a new way to display his travels?

How about a "Travel Itinerary" Mike

You guys are dropping the ball on the updates & pictures, you will have to do better!
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

New map on page one - a little bigger with push pins, seems a little cleaner. There are lots of states Mr Tiki hasn't visited yet, I know we have active peeps in Arizona, Idaho, Ohio, and I'm sure many more :)

If you hosted Mr Tiki and your location doesn't have a pin, PM me.

C

I am very happy to say that today Mr. Tiki is on his way to his next surprise destination.

I did arrange for him to go safely into the hands of a TCer in one of the not-previously-visited states mentioned previously, so look for more on that from once he arrives :D

In the meantime, here are a couple farewell pictures of Mr. Tiki hanging with our tikis:

Bon Voyage, Mr. Tiki!

That's it? where are the pictures!

I am happy to announce that Mr. Tiki is in the Buckeye State! He's been hitting the town pretty fierce.

Here are the highlights from his O-H-I-O adventure.....

Welcome to Columbus!! :)

Mr. Tiki was freakin' starved when he arrived so we had to eat at Schmidt's Sausage House in German Village!

Of course we had to have the Autobahn Buffett!!

For dessert, Oh yeah....JUMBO CREME PUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now it's time to have fun!!

First, Ohio Theatre to catch a movie.

Ridin' on the merry-go-round.

Went to take in an OSU Buckeye football game but season doesn't start for 3 weeks!!

Opted for going to Jeff's Tiki bar for a drink instead.

Lot's of cool stuff here!

Hmmmm, which record to listen to?

Good choice Mr. Tiki, good choice!!

J

Didn't Mr. Tiki want to make a pilgrimage to "that" Walgreens in Columbus ??

What's high in the middle and round on both ends? oHIo!!! (I'm sure that joke will get you rolled eyes in Ohio :lol: )

Jeff thank you so much for hosting Mr Tiki. John, that must be a private joke?

On 2012-08-12 12:39, MadDogMike wrote:

Jeff thank you so much for hosting Mr Tiki. John, that must be a private joke?

Walgreens = Kahiki

Cool trip Jeff.

DC

Yeah, we were actually thinking of stopping by Walgreen's but it was just too sad!

We wanted no downers on this trip!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Oh, they paved paradise and put up a parking lot :(

If Mr Tiki wants to make a trip to Smugglers Haunt Tiki Bar in Wales, UK, he'd be more than welcome!

T

Get out as fast as you can Mr. Tiki.
Ohio sucks!!!

On 2012-08-12 12:10, Jeff Central wrote:

For dessert, Oh yeah....JUMBO CREME PUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh hell yeah - schmidt haus CREME PUFF!

Yep that's Columbus home of the Creme Puffs and Wieners.:)

M

Why don't you send him to Michigan,we can show him a real football stadium and please don't feed him any buckeyes!

On 2012-08-12 12:10, Jeff Central wrote:

Lot's of cool stuff here!

Wow Jeff! It's Mr. Tiki standing in between Wire and Throbbing Gristle. Nice! So, what's in the wooden box directly behind Mr. Tiki?

Now that's cool! love Wire......

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies