Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Hosts Wanted

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies

Looks like Mr Tiki has a taste for the finer things in life! Speaking of finer things, I bought a new bottle of Canton Ginger Liqueur (lower left in the picture) and it was $45! I don't remember paying that much for the first bottle - I could have made ginger syrup for 2 bucks :lol:
(edit- I don't know my left from my right)

When you hurry through life, you just get to the end faster.
Pirate Ship Tree House

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2015-03-02 13:44 ]

J

MDM - I have an embarassingly intense love of all things ginger, so in addition to the large bottle of Canton (can't remember what I paid for it), I also have several mini bottles of it, as well as two other ginger liqueurs and ginger syrup. I usually use the Canton in champagne cocktails or cut with simple syrup if I run out of ginger syrup a particular cocktail I make often. It's good stuff.

I used the Canton in a Blood Orange Mimosa for Chinese New Years, it was very good :wink:

I hope Mr. Tiki has survived his hangover! Wendy

J

Unfortunately, due to a series of unfortunate events, Mr. Tiki didn't really get out much during his visit. But when he wasn't hanging with his homies

He was wistfully looking out the window at the North Carolina winter.

So who wants him next? Is there someone in a place he hasn't been yet!

J

Anyone? Bueller?

Its hard to believe that he hasn't been to Arizona yet!

If he has no destination, I can put him up for a bit. Just let me know!

J

MaukaHale, are you in Arizona, and are you volunteering?

No, I don't live in Arizona. I'm the one that sent Mr Tiki to Wendy and Dan.

I know tikilongbeach (Lori) was wanting Mr Tiki to visit a while back.

Jen, thanks for taking the time to find a suitable host :) It would be nice to find a state where he hasn't been before but not imperative. I had made a list for myself of active TC members in "non-Mr Tiki" states, I'll see if I can find that list

I am traveling to Texas next week, Hawaii next month and Colorado the month after. In September I will be travelling to Minnesota and Tennessee if he needs to go to any of these places.

Oops, I left out NOLA in there before Colorado...

Jen, I found you an active Arizona Tiki artist. PM sent

On 2015-03-10 14:48, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
I know tikilongbeach (Lori) was wanting Mr Tiki to visit a while back.

That's when I visiting Iowa and Nebraska. 2 states without a lot of TC members.

J

Looks like Mr. Tiki will be making a trip to the Northeast. Get ready to put a pin in Massachusetts!

Edit: Oops, looks like he's been there already, but it's been a while, so he's going again.

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2015-03-11 11:57 ]

Not sure Mass is big enough for 2 pins :lol:
Thanks for hosting him JenTiki :)

J

Mr. Tiki is in the hands of Mr. Postman on his way to Rockport, Mass. Treat him well, Kikekeki.

Thank you JenTiki :)

Oh, boy! If this guy's anything like the original Mr. Tiki, I better put a lock on my liquor cabinet!

Where has Mr Tiki III or II gone? Is he dead?

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2015-06-03 12:11 ]

LOL LVG. I forget about him.. need to track him down and see what happened :(

F

Needs to venture through central Texas... I'll take him sight seeing.

J

Let me check in with the person I sent him to. I'll update you all very soon.

I hear rumor that Mr Tiki is en route to a secret location on the Eastern seaboard...

He better be! He....better,,,,,BEEEE!

I am happy to report that Mr. Tiki II has arrived safely in New Jersey where he will be enjoying some Mai Tais at my home bar this weekend. I'll post some pictures then.

While he's here he'll be going to dinner at Lu Wah and if I can twist the hubby's arm hard enough, to NY to visit Otto's Shrunken Head. Stay tuned!

Good News! pictures, lots of pictures!

WHOOOHOOOO!!!!!
Thanks Lori :)

Mr. Tiki is busy enjoying New Jersey's warm weather and my shady tiki bar. Here is a selfie I took of us:

I whipped up a pitcher of mai tai's for us to enjoy:

Mr. Tiki approves!

Mr. Tiki has decided to come on vacation to Virginia Beach with us but only because there's a Polynesian Festival! http://www.pacificislandersofva.org/

I think he'll enjoy himself. :)

Hi Lori
He looks so happy

The weather looks beautiful and so do you. Mr is a lucky Tiki!

Mike you're too kind and I suspect your eyesight is failing yu, I'm a hot mess! But I thank you for your compliment anyway.

So Mr. Tiki decided to leave this poolside oasis and journey 7 hours in Saturday traffic :( to Virginia Beach. He enjoyed being on the water and spent much of his time here:

We took Mr. Tiki to the Polyfest 2015 Virginia Beach http://www.pacificislandersofva.org/

It was SUPER windy that night and we were a little disappointed in how small it was and there was nothing there I needed to buy, sadly. But we had the pups with us dressed for the occasion and they were a big hit. :)

Thanks for checking out Mr. Tiki's adventures! We have 3 sons who we need to send off to college over the next 2 weekends but we're heading to Lau Wah soon and he'll be coming with us. If I get lucky I'll also take him to Otto's!!! (We'll see.) In any event Mr. Tiki will be heading to his next destination in the beginning of September. Let me know if you'd like to host him. I'm going to check the map and see what states he hasn't been to yet and see if we can find someone from one of the those places who'd like to show Mr. Tiki a good time. He's a great guest, quiet & polite but he has yet to pick up the tab for some cocktails....

:lol: Thanks Lori!!!! Great pics

F

Nice to see Mr Tiki II on the go again.

I just read through this entire thread to get up to speed on Mr. Tiki I, II & III's adventures. He's been a lot of cool places! I'm looking for someone in a non-push pinned state for Mr. Tiki to visit soon.

F

On 2015-08-16 18:59, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
I just read through this entire thread to get up to speed on Mr. Tiki I, II & III's adventures. He's been a lot of cool places! I'm looking for someone in a non-push pinned state for Mr. Tiki to visit soon.

Well, if you cannot find anyone... he can always come back to Texas. If he hangs out a bit I am sure road trips to near by unpinned areas can be arranged.

So glad that you got to host Mr. Tiki Lori!

I know Mr. Tiki II is out globetrotting, but also wonder about the status of Mr. Tiki III? By the way, I can host him in Northeast Florida and have a couple good photo ideas in mind.

If I remember right, Mr Tiki III is in the Canadian Postal Service's dead package room somewhere, not likely he will ever surface again. That's OK, one Mr Tiki at a time is good enough :)

OK Lori, I put a map pin in New Jersey and Virginia Beach - hopefully I got them close to the right place, I'm not so good at US geography :lol: (You may have to hit your browser refresh button to see them) I also added your name to the alumni list

Last week, Mr. Tiki went with us to Lun Wah Restaurant & Tiki Bar in Roselle, NJ. This place has been around since 1974 and is a Chinese & Polynesian restaurant. My husband and I have been there before. The food is ok, not spectacular but the decor is great. Last time the drinks were awful but this time they were much better! (YEAH) Here are some pics from Mr. Tiki's visit.

Mr. Tiki enjoying a cocktail in a wahine mug:

Here, Mr. Tiki and I are hanging with Elvis.
Lastly, we met one of the owners, Christopher Pandolfo, who had heard of TC and gladly posed with Mr. Tiki. He is adding events to what's happening at Lun Wah, like hula lessons and Elvis nights, which is cool. It was neat talking to someone who knew about the tiki culture and didn't think it was strange having my wooden friend with me!

Rumor has it that Mr. Tiki is leaving the country with another TC member next. but that's it for the spoilers....

"...and didn't think it was strange having my wooden friend with me!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

:o

On 2015-08-27 06:49, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
Rumor has it that Mr. Tiki is leaving the country with another TC member next. but that's it for the spoilers....

I heard the same rumor. Somewhere exotic and unexplored nearby...

Tanks to Lori (Lorilovestiki) MrTiki arrived safe and sound in La Mirada, California last Friday. I’ll be posting pix soon as we get back from an overseas trip. Anyone wanting to host this rascal in about three weeks shoot me a pm.
Cheers
Mr Tiki at the SharkBite Bar

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2015-09-26 23:40 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies