Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Benzart 's, Last, most recent thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,495 replies

Ben, that is just beautiful!

C

...He's Perfect!! Tama I'm very hapy for you!!

benz man that is some rediculas skill! those disignes and most of all the hands! you got some mad talent.
always look forward to your carvings

Ben, we bow to you and your skills! really really great!!!

Amy

H
hewey posted on Thu, Mar 15, 2007 7:19 PM

Nice, very nice. It makes sense - the moai and moari are quite close - the only difference is a little ocean and an 'R' :)

Okay NEXT! :D

The coolest tiki art is not bought on ebay, it comes personally from my fellow artists on TC

[ Edited by: hewey 2007-03-15 21:06 ]

B

Well, Thanks again to everyone for your kind words I Really appreciate them. I Almost forgot that this guy was supposed to be wearing a Hei-tiki so here are the Final pictures of this misfit.

P

sheesh, ben. moais are from rapa nui, maoris are from aotearoa. you can't mix the two.

send it to me and start over right.

pffft . . . artists . . .

B

Darn Perry, I guess I'll get it right one of these times. OK Whats your Address I'l post it on over and I Promise to do it right next time sir.

Not

J

Come on Ben! No parting booty shot?!? You know I've gotta see him walking away! :wink: Butt, seriously ... he does look quite wonderful! What is that hei tiki made of? Almost looks like 2-tone bone.

awesome awesome awesome Ben! way too cool.

B

The wood is Ziricote

M

Utterly magnificent sir!

T

The wood is Ziricote

Sounds like a nicotine patch. Is the wood suppose to be black and cream, meaning it that a natural color. Cause never seen anything thing like this.

Has to be your best yet. You think?

And this is another reason why you have to be on the cover of TikiMagazine and among other things.

You mean there's MORE??!! Oh man, this is so cool!

*I remembered the Hei-tiki Ben but you've just done such an amazing job I was more than happee happee happee to receive him just the way he was... But if its at all possible, I love him/you even more than ever! That is one cool hei-tiki, love those eyes (and there cant be too much wrong with yours either; Ive estimated that wee guy is about 1.5" long??!!) So the two-tone is part of the wood? And Im also assuming that this little half-caste was a deliberate reinforcement of the cultural diversity inherant within the Maori-Moai/and its future owner..? (I dont care what ANYONE says about this creation; it will be the feature piece of my collection and loved for the misfit he/we is...) :lol:

I honestly thought he was finished a couple of days ago but see the difference a few more coats of stain make; Love the colour & rich sheen that he has now.

Its such a shame that we have had the recent muck-raking & an ironic twist that this piece has just been completed -and happens to be coming here. (be warned pdrake: if he ends up in Sin City Im coming over to get him!) :lol:

If anyone needs me Ill be out by the letterbox...

THANKYOU MASTER BEN!

Your friend
Andy-AnAmazedAdmirer :)

Absolute perfection.

B

Here is the board that he came from. I figured being black and white would be fitting

I swear BenZ, you put anymore details in your carvings and they're just gonna dance & walk around on thier own! Remember Master-carver Geppetto and the wooden-head he had to deal with??? Kid made an ass of himself, then with all the lying and the long nose and a whale ride then, and... :lol:

Flip-flOp- fLipPp... :D

marvelous benz! so much detail so much talent! i love it, you always have the noses on your carvings stick out, so that you really notice it. dont know if you try to do that but it is a great touch. love the eyes too. and then there is that necklace...that guy was pretty small to begin with and then you make a necklace FOR the mini guy. that is just too cool.
love it.
looking forward to more ALWAYS

B

I'm so late for my job but i don't care:

FABULOUS !

The hei tiki in ben's style definitely makes it.
The weather is rainy in France but thanks to you it is sunny in my head :)

J'adore

[ Edited by: benella 2007-03-17 06:36 ]

Oh Fudge!
I thought he was done, then you go and just make him even more Perfect! Right On! I agree about loving those "stylized meets natural" vibe on the Hands! The tattoos are perfect,the Hei-Tiki necklace is very dramatic and cool! Never Stop Sir! :)

B

These last 2 pictures are especially posted for JenTiki, Thanks Jen, HappyHappyHappy

Also Big thanks for all the support and help and Kind words and compliments go out to:
FreddiBallsomic, Benella, surf-n-turf, JohnnyP, cheeky half, Clarita, Tiki Duddy, Queen Kamehameha, hewey, pdrake, JenTiki, greentikipat, McTiki, teaKEY, Tamapoutini,
Raffertiki, TrevelingJones, Tiki Duddy, benella and Little Lost tiki.

Next up are 2 jade pieces for a wedding cake topper. A Hula girl dancing with a Happy tiki...

[ Edited by: Benzart 2007-03-17 12:03 ]

When I first saw the moko on this guy I was worried. I thought "Oh No, he's gonna mess it all up" I'm glad I just thought it and didn't type it because my feets don't taste good. (I'm bare footed most the time)

I'm now going to take this as a lesson learned never to question the skills of Benzart. I love the hei-tiki too, killer job.

Thanks for posting!!!

Always top knotch..God is in the details..Where in the world are you getting your Ziricote supply from?

this one is my favorite for now what a masterpiece

J

Thanks for the booty shots, Benz!!! Now I can rest satisfied! Somebody get me a ciggie :wink:

Nice "bodyshots" of that hot model Benz. Great piece!

B

Alie,T, No Worries, I had a few similar questions to myself with this moko believe me! Thanks.
BK, Thanks, the Ziricote came from a friend who works for a large guitar Manufacturer, they do some Acoustic guitars with these woods and these were the unusable ends. Thanks.
Marcus thanks for comin'round and thanks for the props.
Jen, Its the least I could do, I couldn't add it earlier because I was getting a little Behind in my work! (pun intended) Thanks.
Sneaky, Thanks, Hot huh?

Man...that's like having an oil well in your backyard!

I can honestly say that this piece is my Holy Grail....Deeaaamn. Congrats, T!!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Mar 18, 2007 6:57 PM

Someone is VERY lucky to score that Benz!

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Mar 19, 2007 6:12 AM

Ben,

What can I say that hasn't been said? That little bugger is the top of the heap. An outstanding job and a true one of a kind piece. The back and shoulders just kill me! Number 13 approves, and wishes him a safe and happy voyage to NZ.

Tama must be Happee Happee!!

-Gman

B

Thanks BK, but I'd Much rather have the Oil Well!
Thanks Freddi, :) :) :)
Thanks Hewey, Tama has all the luck, He Probably gets ALL the girls too!
Thanks GMAN, The MAIN Thing is that # 13 Approves, THAT Says it ALL

OK, Time to Tear myself out of the pity party at my house missing # 13. By the way, His little pendant started a new chapter for benZarts: "BabyBenZart's" and he is Signed such and is #1.. Will there be a #2? And Who will get it?
Here is the start of the Wedding Cake Toppers, of course I had to start with the Hula girl.

On 2007-03-21 14:04, Benzart wrote:
By the way, His little pendant started a new chapter for benZarts: "BabyBenZart's" and he is Signed such and is #1.. Will there be a #2? And Who will get it?

I'll take it!...Oh wait, nevermind. I think I'll wait until you get a little better. Maybe I'll check back in about Babyben #20 or so. By then you should have it down. Keep practicing there guy! Your stuff is really starting to look good!

Buzzy Out!

Booty shot?

B

Thanks BayPark, You KNOW it's Already good! Naw, maybe it will take 20, maybe 30, Check back later. :)
Pappy, thanks but there's No booty shot yet, just a flat back and Nuthin to look at.

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Mar 21, 2007 4:41 PM

yeah, but I see mammalian protuberances!!!! :D

T
Tipua posted on Wed, Mar 21, 2007 7:10 PM

Aloha Ben!

I don't know if this has been mentioned in any previous posts, but is this carving of yours (which is brilliant by the way)
based on this actual preserved head?(sorry about the poor quality - I had to google it since I'm at work and this is the best I could find. I've got a better picture at home, but alas no internet)
The likeness is remarkable. Well done. You've done a fantastic job (if a little morbid :o).

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 21, 2007 7:38 PM

Coming along nicely :)

B

Thanks GMAN, THOSE are Shoulder blades you Clod, Not those mama things, you're lookin at her wrong!

Tipua,
I dig this guy out of the "Box of 80 showing someone how bad they were and that occasionally I could With a Capital C on the Could be fixed and resurrected,,, Maybe!
At the time he was just a plain maori Chief who had had his nose hewn too thin, Well I set to work fixing him and the only thing that would come out of it is what you see there. I Believe the Ancients were laughing and having fun at my expense though I was happy with the work. I recognized the MokoMai right away and went along with their little prank and actually tried to make it better at what it was! They were happy and admonished me for throwing him into that grave box. It was Very difficult to do and would not have been able to complete him on my own. SO the Answer to your question, He was based on Nothing but what the wood gave me to work with. Perhaps the Long ago that this fellow needed to have this done and waited for me to come along

J

On 2007-03-21 14:26, pappythesailor wrote:
Booty shot?

Hey! That's my line!

F

Geenstuff progressing very nicely Benz, blown away by the Moko Moai.
Best Regards
Flynny

T

Ben, I haven't been posting in a while, but I have been watching the Moko Moai progress and it came out FRIGGIN' AWESOME!! I always love to see what you do next and am blown away by it. I'm sure the jade hula girl will be awesome as well. Keep up the great work!!

[ Edited by: tiki5-0 2007-03-22 11:50 ]

T
Tipua posted on Thu, Mar 22, 2007 4:47 PM

Ok then Ben, so it isn't a mummified head (which would be gory but good) but I for one think it's cool anyway. The teeth are so realistic! What kind of wood is he made of? It's an interesting colour.

Never mind the Ancients and their strange ways. They're just old and jealous and very dead.

B

Thanks JenTiki, Someone else likes the Booty shots too! you 2 should get together??/
Flynny, Thanks for the comps on the Hula girl but I KNOW it's Hard to Let go of the MAN, Half-Breed, Moko-Moai or what ever he is called on any given day,, Very hard, Thanks.
Tiki5-0, thanks I appreciate your comps too.
Tipua, YES it Was a mummified head in the end. He started out as a Maori chief and didn't make it(I guess you could say he passed on )and was then turnd into a mummified head as that's what I felt he looked like as he was taking Re-shape. I wasn't sure I could pull it off and i Did see that picture of yours along with Many more. Here are some progress shots along the way, since you brought it up!
The wood is called "Chocolate Maple"

Wow...that is beautiful...and the teeth are a study in true art. Looks so lifelike. :)

benz! how do you DO that?! Jeeze thats crazy good. always loving those little guys. you got so much detail in them.
always great seeing your projects

It's funny how every time I look at your thread Ben, I feel the need to go Carve. Your work is true inspiration for the rest of us!

B
Bete posted on Fri, Mar 23, 2007 10:37 AM

Everything you posted on the past two pages looks very cool, neat new items you're working on!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1495 replies